Candidates

Lenore Zero- Tournament of LOVE (Law Of Violent a)

Somewhere in a huge blue-colored castle, in a luxurious looking bedroom, a young woman in a pajama suddenly wakes up from her beauty sleep, looking all happy as she jumps out of her room and quickly runs out of the room.

As she reaches a hall filled with so many people while wearing a princess-liked garment, she shouts toward one person who is sitting on a throne looking surprised, “Father, I wanted to get married!”

Thanks to her sudden announcement, the whole world shakes in excitement for what will be coming next’ and this new big event of that world will changes the fate of some individuals’ lives forever.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Before we get on to our main story, welcome to this strange world which has a resemblance to our world as much as how 5 percent values.

In this huge world with the map identical to our world, there are only four countries available throughout the land, starting from the biggest of all; Japan Empire, followed by United States of Korea, Motherland of Russia and Malayan Island.

Each of the countries is governed by royal families, which also means the heirs are by the closest blood of the latest ruler.

In this world, science, alchemy and magic are everywhere in the form of aura, a signature inner powers owned by each individuals and the most powerful of them all are, of course, the royal family members themselves.

With the basic is out of the way, it is time to meet the main characters of this story…

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Malayan Island]

In this quiet small civilization on an island cut off from the rest of the world, people in this country seems to have no problem been cut off from any other land. Their lives are as normal as any other commoners in any other country.

What’s so different is how the royal lives in here.

Due to the size of the country, it is really inappropriate for them to actually lives in a really grand castle. Instead they live in a bigger mansion, the biggest in the country, which shows how high the status of Malay can be in here for the commoners.

At the living room near the table where foods are already been served, a man known by all as the King of Malayan Island (MI), King Naz the-5th walks into the room, complete with his yellow royal garment, moving toward his chair as one by one people enter the place, sitting all around the table, starting to enjoy the breakfast for that day.

The youngest female with two eyes of different color of that family speaks up after swallowing one piece of bread, “Father, have you heard of the news already?”

“My beloved Lina, I have been busy with so many things lately. All of you are my only source of news currently. How about sharing me the news you are about to tell?”

“It is said that the princess of Japan Empire, Princess Eunjung de Ham has finally decided to get married. You know what that means, right?”

“Ah, I know exactly what you are talking about. Her time has come, huh? I wonder what kind of man will be winning her hand of marriage. I have heard of few adjustments they are making for any such events from now onward.”

The female older than Lina speaks up in a calm manner, “Father, the winner could be a woman.”

The overall atmosphere becomes grim all of the sudden, as the king looks at her in confusion, “What do you mean, Rina?”

“Didn’t you hear of it? Princess Eunjung will be the first one to select not only from the likes of male, but also female due to her… well, extreme choice of lifestyle.”

The youngest male of that family leans forward, thinking of something, “Now that you’ve mentioned it, Eunjung has been met with so many scandals and controversy before thanks to her wild manner of her own life. And with the accordance of LOVE that has not stated of the event to be participated by one gender only, no wonder she would go to that route. Too bad that LOVE explicitly states that only one person may be married to any members of the royal families. If not there will be more than one spouse for her.”

The oldest female of the family notices how the youngest one is now preoccupied with her phone as she quickly asks her politely, “Lina, how about finish your meal first before doing anything?”

“Wait a minute, mother. I am merely checking to see if- Ah, there it is! The princess has finally gave us the full list of names of those who she has handpicked to join the glorious event!”

“Really? That was fast,” the king responds in amazement, “How many of the names she has announced?”

“More or less one hundred names.”

“That many in a short time? Something tells me she has been planning this the whole time…” the young man grits his teeth, showing annoyance on his face.

The youngest girl just laughs, “Don’t worry, Charles. Your name is right here.”

“What? Is the princess has any interest in you?” their mother is shock with some happy in her tone, “Does that mean you have any chance to score for her love?”

“It would be great if he does win that tournament, My Queen,” the king laughs slightly, “She is quite a nice woman despite the news made by commoners.”

“Of course he will. My son is the strongest in this land.”

But then Lina has her face changes, looking at her sister in shock, “Rina…”

“What is it?” the older princess is confused.

“He is also chosen…”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At the same country in a different place, a restaurant is assembled itself to start a new busy day.

The workers are cleaning up the place, making sure that the place is favorable in receiving customers for the rest of the day.

Among those people, a man with a familiar-looking face is seen mopping the floor diligently.

One of the two women in the restaurant at the counter suddenly speaks out loud, “Hey, have you heard of the news? Princess Eunjung from Japan is getting ready to get married.”

One of the men sighs, “Wow, is it that time of the year again? How many people will be participating in the event that will be held?”

“No idea, but it is said that she has already posted the list on who will be forced to participate in that event earlier this morning.”

“That’s fast. Well, someone needs to go to the internet café to get that list online. Who knows, maybe one of us will be chosen?”

The last woman in that place shouts out loud in anger, “Nu-uh! Nobody is allowed to get out of here today. None of you ever completed paying back your debt on this place yet! There will be no breaks today whatsoever.”

“But Choa,” the man begs, “You said you are covering for the dinner.”

“I do, but also specifically mentioned that I will only pay up to 3 servings only. Unfortunately, a douche decides to ask for 2 more servings for no particular reason than to serve his gluttony.”

The other woman raises her hand, “But, eonnie, I am not the one who asked for the additional meals. Why am I getting punished?”

“You are the one who encourages him!”

“What about Shraffe? Why didn’t he owe you any?” he points toward the man mopping the floor silently.

“He is the only one who helped me pay for the meal. You should be thankful that because of him your debts aren’t as bad as it supposed to.”

“You are just playing favoritism!”

Shraffe finally speaks up, smirking at him, “Geo, I’m sure she will do the same to you if you didn’t eat for two.”

“What did you just say!?”

The still unnamed woman responds, “Then, how about you go and check the list?”

Choa quickly nods in agreement, “Great idea! Shraffe, you go and search for the list.”

“Nah, the break is still not here yet.”

“Then who is going to look up for the list?”

The woman stares at her with starry eyes, “Eonnie…”

Choa quickly notices her intention, “No way, Mitsuki. You know how bad I am with computers.”

Geo snaps, “Ahjumma, how about putting a free wi-fi in this place!?”

“How about finish up your debt first!?”

KLING!

A woman in white striped shirt and a black pair of trousers enter the restaurant, prompting everybody to turns toward her, “Welcome!”

Shraffe quickly approaches her near a table after passing the mop toward Geo, “Ah, you are early as always.”

“I am,” she chuckles in a cheerful tone as she responds, “As usual, please.”

“It’s the USK-styled breakfast with hot cocoa, right?”

“It is.”

“I’ll be right back,” he walks back to the counter, “USK-styled breakfast and hot cocoa, please.”

Mitsuki smiles at him, staring at him with a sinister look, implying something before entering the kitchen.

Shraffe is terrified, turning toward Geo, “I swear to god, she is so scary whenever she does that.”

KLING!

“Welc-,” he goes to greet the newcomer, but stops at the sight of people wearing suit walking toward him. Each of them wears a crest in a shape of a tiger.

“The king requires for you attendance.”

“Why?” his tone turns sour, “Why would he need to meet the criminal?”

“The details will be given by him later.”

“Fine.”

He then joins them and walks out of the restaurant, leaving everybody to just stare at him.

The customer just looks at him from the window, even when she is served with her meal. She looks worried.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They keep on walking and walking till they finally reaches the huge mansion and continues in there, till they finally enters a hall with a throne and the royal family from earlier sitting there. The three children are standing beside the king and the queen. The eldest one stands mightily beside his father while the youngest one seems angry as soon as she sees him, standing close to her brother.

The older sister seems to be looking timid, standing close to her mom. She didn’t even want to see his eyes.

Instead of entering with respect, Shraffe did not show any sign of humble with each step of him entering the hall. He then asks them with a really rude tone, “So, what is this all about?”

The youngest princess screams at him in anger, “Your head is high, fowl peasant! You are standing in front of Your Majesty, the king of all Malayan Island!”

He then sighs, “If you really have anything to say to me, you better say it now. I don’t have much time to waste.”

The king is still calm while he faces such attitude as he speaks up in the same tone as his manner, “Have you read the news?”

“About the Japanese princess’ selections? I was about to.”

He turns toward one of his man, signaling him something as the man moves closer to him, giving him a tablet.

He takes a quick reading as he notices something, “Ah, so the prince and the older princess have been selected by yours truly. Congrats!”

His smile fades, moving his sight toward the royal family, “What the is this? Why is my name in here?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” the prince moves toward him with a smug on his face, “You will be joining us in the tournament, after all. Aren’t you glad to fight side by side with your dear brother and sister, Former Prince Shraffe of the Malayan Island?”

“You guys… have something else to tell me, right?” he just stares at the screen, reading every single name that could at least distract him from what he fears the most, “Do you… wish for me to die protecting both of them?”

“Exactly,” the king responds coldly, “Consider this your redemption for your sins.”

“Of what…? What will it achieved if I ever die for your beloved prince and princess? If I die, I will not be acknowledged as your son for my weak capabilities as a royal member. But if I still alive, I am still not your son. So what’s the point?”

“If you can’t do it for me, then do it for the triplets.”

“This is stupid. Charles doesn’t need me,” he storms away from there.

The queen turns toward her husband, “I told you it won’t work.”

“Who do you think he is? He is still my son. I know every single detail of him. I know how much he loved his siblings no matter what.”

“Loved by him?” Lina mutters in annoyance, “I don’t need to be loved by such beast. His existence disgusts me.”

“Don’t be like that, Lina,” Charles responds, “No matter how evil he is, he is still our brother, right, Rina?”

He turns to his mother’s side, but notices how she’s not there, “Where is she?”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shraffe walks out of the manor, still holding the tablet as the man escorted him moves closer to him, “Your Highness, that’s my-“

“What is it?” he snaps, looking at the man, “What’s with the sudden formality?”

“Your Highness, His Majesty has already forgiven you of your crimes against.”

“Shut the up, noble dog. I am nobody’s highness.”

“Still, that’s my tab-“

“Your job as both the knight and the guard gives a high salary, right? Buy a new one. I am taking this one.”

While arguing with the man, he notices Rina at the window, looking at him from the distance. He then smiles at her and waves at her as she waves back.

“Your Highness… that’s my…”

“You don’t keep any countries’ secret, right? What’s with the feeling of nervous?”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

“N-no way!”

“You are in!?”

He is now back at the restaurant, giving the list to his friends as both Geo and Mitsuki grab the tablet and check for the list of the participants handpicked by the princess.

“All of us,” he responds, “Including her,” he turns to look at the customer, who is still there.

The woman stands up, moving toward them as she mutters, “Then, is it really the time for us to do such thing?”

Choa mutters, “It should be, right? We don’t really have much choice if we were to survive and get married.”

Mitsuki looks sad all of the sudden, “I wish we could have more time to play around.”

“Don’t worry, Mitsuki-chan,” Shraffe taps on her right shoulder, “We will have plenty of time to fool around in the tournament.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They are not the only names that are handpicked to be the candidate of the princess’ groom. In the rest of the world, a lot of people gives off variety of reactions.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 “Big news! Big news! The princess of Japan Empire, Ham Eunjung has posted the names of the participants of the tournament that will be held a week from now!”

Throughout the screens available in Motherland of Russia, the news spread like wildfire without any limit of boundary. Almost everyone is able to hear of the news and spread more words for those who did not heard of such yet.

Among those who heard the news is a group of gangsters lead by a ringleader, who is now residing in an island of his own.

“Boss, did you saw the list already?” one of his henchmen enters the room in a hurry, calling out to his superior, “It’s you, boss! Your name is one the list!”

“It did?” the man turns his chair around and stands up, walking toward the man, “Then, I can have a piece of the throne of the empire? Interesting!”

“Then, would you like us to join you into the battlefield? We will surely let ourselves died in your place!”

“That would be nice of you all, but I really hate losing all of you, especially when you are all useful to me. No, I will be getting in there all by myself. I’ll be getting the throne and will be the only victor needed for this tournament. Nobody can defeat me.”

All of them cheers up.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

SHRING!

A man in kimono is cleaning up his sword, noticing a man appears into the room, “Ton-sama, you have guests.”

“Guests?”

At the same time, a group of colored-armored people enter the place, followed by another group of colored clothing people join them.

The one in blue screams at him, “What is the meaning of this!? Such rudeness is unacceptable!”

The man in kimono stands up, looking toward them, “I see that you’ve seen the list.”

“Of course,” a man in black armor from the armored group speaks to him, “And here I am, declaring a war against you.”

“Owh, a competition among us in the upcoming tournament?”

“Indeed. This will be the deciding factor of our unending rivalries.”

“Interesting! I will be the winner then, and all what yours are mine.”

“Don’t be so confident. I might crush that attitude.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Even us!?”

A man in suit in a cramped office stands up, shocking them all, “Me and Kiriko… will be in the tournament?”

“What!?” a female in a lab coat moves closer to him, teasing him, “Are you telling me that the princess has been knowing you two all along? You are so naughty!”

“I... I just…”

Another woman in a police outfit walks away in anger, “Tomari-san, I am so disappointed with you.”

“K-Kiriko!”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Somewhere in a metal room, a woman is prepping herself, wearing a punk-style clothing of grey tanktop showing her midriff with a grey jacket left open and black short shorts with a chain on her right side.

She then turns toward a white fox as she mutters, “Don’t worry. I’ll be returning you back to your master. But first, you will have to help me in the tournament, okay?”

The fox just nods with a cute hum, as if she understood whatever this woman tells her.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Inside the room of the aforementioned princess, she is sitting by the balcony, looking at the star happily when she suddenly speaks, “Why are you hiding there?”

A cloaked figure appears behind her, speaking to her in a feminine voice, “What are you trying to pull?”

“What are you talking about? I just want to get married.”

“You sure? Because it doesn’t seems like you want to?”

“That’s stupid. Everybody at some point will think about marriage.”

“Then explain the candidates.”

“My favorite of winning; doesn’t mean I won’t be willingly to get married to anyone else stronger.”

“Even me? That’s crazy.”

“It’s fun when it’s crazy. Well, may the best candidate wins. I’ll be waiting at the altar.”

The figure disappears as she smirks, “May the best Champion wins…”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Somewhere in a cybernetic place, a woman opens up her eyes as she looks all over the place, looking shock as her eyes go all over the lights, “This reading… this is the biggest spike of LOVE reading I’ve ever read. This is crazy… what is going on?”

Her eyes then focus on a title, “50th Heroic Royale Marriage Tournament?”

 

Another story under the brand of “Zero”, yet it doesn’t have anything to do with any of them, just characters of the same name.

This story will be Hunger Games mix with Tokusatsu and some other random I can think of.

Next: The tournament begins with so many people are dead from the get go. Allies are made and so are enemies. Still, there are still a lot of things unsettling about the motive of the tournament. What would it be?