Silent Rejection

Silent Rejection

 

-KYUHYUN’s POV-

I dugged into my pant’s pocket as i fished out my mobile phone when i stepped out of the jewellery store while excitedly holding onto the little red heart shape jewellery box i just bought, i quickly dialled her number and waited patiently for her to answer the call.
I counted, in my head silently,10 seconds passed by, and the phone is still ringing... I continued waited patiently to the right timing, 15 seconds passed by and no-one answered the phone. Just as the timer hit 20 seconds, i heard her beautiful angel voice spoke through the speaker,

 
“Yeoboseyo? (Hello?)” she answered.
 
“Taengoo-ah~ Have you arrived yet?” i asked her as i excitedly take a peek inside the jewellery box, there shined two silver couple rings engraved with mine and Taengoo’s name, “I have a surprise for ya”.
 
“Chinchayo? (really?) im nearly there just about 10 more minutes or so? what is it? i want to know~ ” she whined playfully through the phone
 
“Arasso (alright)~ ill be there around 10 minutes as well ^^ you’ll know when you see :D” i childishly.
 
“Okay then ^^ see you then :D annyeong~ love ya” she cooed,
 
“love you more~” I cheesily replied and ended the call. I stuffed my phone back into my pockets.
 
-5 minutes later-
 
Once again, i excitedly peeked into my little jewellery box anxiously wanting to fly to the cafe and propose to her already. As i had only kept my attention on the two couple rings, i didnt even notice i bumped into someone. Due to the small accident, i accidentally dropped the jewellery box, i quickly bowed to the ahjumma and picked up my jewellery box just to find Taeyeon’s ring had fallen out and had began rolling down the path. I simply ran after it at a little children’s height in order for the ring to not roll out of my sight. The ring had finally made its destination, as it rolled around in one spot and stopped, i kneeled down in front of it and picked up the ring, observing it carefully making sure there were no scratches. Just as i was about to put the ring back inside its box, side by side, with its other half, i dropped it once again due to a loud ear-piercing noise. I literally had to cover my ear, and which is why i dropped the ring. I quickly picked up the ring before it get to roll off again, just then, in the corner of my eye, i saw something terrifying... it pained my heart... Tears was threatening to dropped, as i saw my only one lover slowly fall to her knee, one hand holding onto her stomach as pure red blood kept on escaping. Everything was going in slow-mo to me, she fell flat to the ground... I gripped onto the ring tighter, people started crowding around, the person who made that shot made a run but was seized by the police. I wanted to run to her, but my legs just wouldnt move to the horrifying scene happening in front of me, i started crawling to her, slowly at first but i made a dash to her causing my hand to receive some scratches due to the hard concrete ground.  As i got closer, i saw her body moved silently, i hurried by her side and hugged her, burying her face in my chest as i cried out loudly.
 
“T-taeyeon-ah, gwenchana? e-everything is gonna be alright... dont worry” i sobbed out loud, her right hand weakly, slowly reached out, i quickly grabbed her cold pale hand and bring it to my face, letting her caress my warm face hoping her cold hand will feel a bit warmer. Blood, started spreading everywhere on my plain white shirt, as i realised she was bleeding more than before, i quickly covered it with my left hand.
 
“Someone freaken call the ambulance!! Wheres the freaken ambulance!??!” I cried out as look around at the crowd. I looked back at her face, noticing the ring i bought for Taeyeon slipped out of my bloody hand, then i remembered what i wanted to say to her earlier. I quickly picked the ring up and slipped it onto her tiny finger.
 
“Taengoo-ah, look, i-isnt this pretty? I was gonna propose to you at the cafe before... i dont care, if you accept it or not, its already on your finger” I quickly said while stuttering hoping ill get to finish what i say before she pass out. I took out the other half of the ring and put it onto my fingers and intertwined my fingers with her, showing her the couple rings together. I could sense her trying to smiled weakly as i leaned my face against her. Just then, her face turned away from mine and rested in a much more comfortable position as her pale cold hand slowly slipped out of my hand and hit the hard, cold concrete ground.
 
-3 months later-
 
“Hyung~ remember to dr-” i didnt get to finished my line as my manager interrupted me,
“Drop you off at the hospital right? Who wouldnt know, if you’re holding a bouquet of pink roses?” he teasingly joked as the other members on the car laughed at me, while i turned to look outside the window, embarrassed a bit.
"Kyuhyun-ah, did the doctor say when Taeng will wake up from her coma? Shes been in a coma, for like 3 months or so..." asked the leader, Leeteuk, worrying for SNSD's leader as well. 
"I dont know hyung... the doctor is always saying that because she lost too much blood, and they couldnt find the right blood pack for her when she needed it... she had become really weak, she could leave and anytime, but i believe in her, i believe that she will wake up sooner or later... whether i have to wait another ten thousand years, for her to wake up, i will still wait..." i replied without looking at the other members. 
When we arrived, i quickly hopped off the van, and walked into the hospital through the backdoor, hoping fans wont catch a glimpse of me, or else my meeting with Taeyeon will be postponed for a while. I quickly slipped into the hospital and went up the private elevator and onto Taeyeon’s floor. As i approached her room, i was surprised to why the door was slightly opened, have the nurse forgotten to close her door? I pushed the door lightly and stepped a foot inside. There was no-one on the hospital ward, i scanned the white room, corner to corner, i instantly dropped the bouquet of flower onto the floor and ran into the bathroom hoping to see Taeyeon somewhere, but there was no-one. I ran back outside, to see  the familiar nurse who always look after Taeyeon, walk pass by,

 
“Excuse me, Ms. Choi, wheres Taeyeon? WHERE IS SHE?!!?” I questioned the nurse anxiously as i shook both her shoulder,
 
“I-I’m sorry,  Kyuhyun-sshi... but, but... she left unexpectedly...” I loosened my grip and fall backwards a little, leaning onto a wall for support, i couldnt believe what had just gone through my ears, i slowly slid down the wall and sat there, crying silently.
 
“I’m sorry Kyuhyun-sshi, we tried our best for her to stay... but... we just couldnt... jeongmal mianhe...” I felt her presence as she knelt down in front of me, and tried to comfort me but she knew best to let me alone, just before she left, she handed me Taeyeon’s ring and left.
I gripped onto the ringer tighter as i cried out louder, ‘Why Taeyeon... why can’t you wait for me? Why, can’t i see you for the last time before you leave? Why must you leave me alone like this!’.
And just like that, she left me without one last word to me.