The Encounter

The Unexpected Love

Choa rested her head to the side of the couch, keeping a close eye on the four year old boy. He sat criss-crossed with blocks in his hands, his expression never changing except a little frown here and there. Choa sighed to herself, shutting her eyes. She felt something touch her head. She opened her eyes to see the boy's hand on her forehead, a look of concern slightly showing.

 

"Oh, hehe. I'm alright, Sehun. Just tired that's all." Sehun's eyes squinted in doubt. "I'm fine, really. You need anything, sweetie?" She placed her hand on Sehun's cheek, smiling kindly at him. Sehun stayed still for a few seconds staring into his mother's eyes. Without warning, he wrapped his arms around her neck. Choa let out a startled "Hm?" before wrapping her arms around his waist. They let go of the hug after a while and placed their foreheads against each others.

 

"I love you so much, you know that?" Sehun smiled and pecked her nose, with Choa doing the same. They both smiled as Sehun dug his head into her neck. She pecked the crown of his head and rubbed his back, soothing him into slumber. The moment was perfect, until the phone started ringing.

 

"Ah, man," Choa sighed. She stood up, carefully holding Sehun in her arms as she walked to where the phone was. "Dangit, Sehun. When did you get so heavy?" She grabbed the phone and tucked it on the other side of her neck. She answered with "Hello?"

 

"Hi, Bestieeeeeeeee!" Choa heard a loud scream come out of the phone and had to retract it.

 

"Um hi, Hyemi. You just punctured my ear drum. Oof!" Choa lifted Sehun a bit higher so he wouldn't fall. "Hold on a sec." Choa heard an excited "Neh!" before putting the phone down. She gently pried Sehun off of her and placed him on the couch, sneaking his favorite blanket in between his arms. Choa stared at him for a bit, whispering "So cute." She walked over to the phone and started talking again. "Yes?"

 

"Have you thought about tonight yet?" Choa sighed as she remember her best friend's offer.

 

"I don't know, Hyemi."

 

"Oh come on, Choa. When was the last time you got out and had some fun?"

 

"You know the answer to that," Choa said sadly and turned to look at Sehun. "Sehun reminds me of him sometimes. Just the little things, like whenever he smiles. It always brightens up me day..." She looks down as his face appears in her mind.

 

"Oh. Sorry. Anyways, you SHOULD go out. You're still young. And, to be honest, you're kind of lonely."

 

"Yah!" Choa yelled. Sehun stirred in his sleep a little. Choa ran toward him and rubbed his back soothingly. "It's okay, Sehun. It's okay." Sehun settled down and slept.

 

"Please, Choa. It's just one party. You get to meet new people and hang out with me! Please~?" Choa's empty hand curled up at the sound of her friend's aegyo.

 

"Alright. You win. I'll go to the party."

 

"Yayyyyyyy!" Choa retracted the phone from her ear again. "I'll pick you up at 7:30! Look y and cute, alright? See you then!" And the line went dead. Choa looked at the sleeping Sehun and sighed. "Now who am I going to call to babysit you? Ah ha!" Choa grabbed the phone and dialed a number. She placed the phone against her ear eagerly.

 

"Hi, unnie! Listen, could you do me a favor?"

 

~

 

"Thank you SO MUCH for watching Sehun for me, Gyuri unnie!" Choa said as she hugged her older sister.

 

"No worries, Choa! I get to interact with my little nephew, so that's a plus," Gyuri said excitedly as she pinched Sehun's cheek. Sehun stared at her back with slight confusion while Gyuri gave him an eyesmile. "By the way, you look beautiful." Choa mumbled a "Thanks" and blushed as she looked at he outfit; A simple white dress that stopped at her knees with frills on the edges.

 

"So, you remember your instructions on how to take care of him? Like, making sure he eats the proper food, which should be in the fridge, and that his blanket MUST be with him when he goes to sleep and-"

 

"Okay okay okay, I got it. You don't need to worry about a thing. I'm responsible." Choa bit her lip in worry.

 

"BEEP BEEP" All three heard a car horn beeping. "And that's your cue to head out."

 

"Alright." Choa squated near Sehun and spread her arms. Sehun jumped into her arms and hugged her. "Now you be good to your aunt Gyuri, okay? I don't want any bad reports when I get back. Okay?" Sehun's whispered "Neh" and pecked her cheek. Choa let go of Sehun and pecked his head. "I'll see you later. Bye~" Both Gyuri and Sehun waved as she closed the door. Choa walked down the stairs toward the car. She saw her best friend frantically waving her hand and she rolled her eyes.

 

"DAMN, girl! You look amazing!" Hyemi said when Choa opened the door.

 

"Well thank you, Hyemi. I do try sometimes, you know." Hyemi mischeviously smiled and drove off. "So, what's the actual reason why you wanted the take me?" Hyemi gave her a questionable look.

 

"What do you mean? I just wanted you to get out and do more than just taking care of your son." Choa raised her eyebrow in disbelief. "Okay. You caught me. I also wanted you to get out so that you could meet someone." Choa sighed and slumped into her seat.

 

"I knew you were going to try that." Choa pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance.

 

"Can you blame me? You've had no one in your life to be completely there for you, especially when you have a 4 year old running around," Hyemi made a spinning gesture with her index finger, emphasising the "running". The car was silent for a while and neither felt like talking. "Look. I know I tricked you, but I'm just doing this as your best friend. I want to see you happy." Hyemi stretched her right arm to her. Choa looked at her and slowly smiled, taking her hand in hers.

 

"Thanks, Hyemi. What would I do without?"

 

"You'd still be inside your house, not interacting with the world." Choa rolled her eyes and pecked Hyemi's hand, which earned a "Yah!" from the latter. They both giggled at each other.

 

Once the house where the party was at came up, Hyemi slowed down her car. Choa's smile faded, looking at the house.

 

"Hey. You okay?" Hyemi asked. Choa shook herself out of her day dream. She lightly nodded and proceeded to open her door. The girls stepped out and walked toward the door, with Hyemi leading in front and Choa slowly following. Hyemi knocked on the door in a specific rythmic pattern. Choa raised an eybrow at Hyemi. "Well not everyone can get in. Secret password sort of thing." The door opened, revealing a girl and a boy with the girl swaying around and wearing a playful smirk.

 

"Hey, Hyemi! How are you?" the girl yelled as she clumsily hugged her. "And who's your little friend over there?" She gave Choa a wink and Choa had to turn her face to hide her blush.

 

"Stop oogling Hyemi's guest, Solar. I'm sorry for her behavior. She's just had a little bit too much to drink," the young man sheepishly said.

 

"Too much is not enough, boy. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I see someone else that needs some lovin' from yours truly~ Mwahaha!" Solar ran off inside the house.

 

"Is she going to be alright?" Choa asked.

 

"Oh, she'll be fine. She gets this way when she's drunk. I'm Kyung, by the way. Sorry to meet you in weird circumstances." Kyung outstretched his hand, which Choa accepted.

 

"No worries. I'm Choa."

 

"Now, you shall enter the party house." Kyung waved his arm into the house with a smile on his face. Choa and Hyemi entered the already booming party. Hyemi wore a wide grin while Choa looked uncertain and a little scared.

 

"Don't worry, Choa," Hyemi said, hooking her arm with Choa's. "I will be right here with you." Choa calmed down and smiled at Hyemi, who returned the smile. As they walked through the house, they recognized people from their college days, people that they see on the street, and people who they never met. Choa clung tightly to Hyemi's arm; Hyemi petted Choa's hand for comfort.

 

"Hyemi-ah!" Someone yelled. Hyemi turned around and yelled "Hey, Minha! Hold on, Choa. I'm gonna chat with my old roomate. Be right back!" And just like that, she untwined with Choa and ran off.

 

Choa stood still, looking around nervously at people walking, dancing, and stumbling by. Walking slowly, she managed to slip out of the crowd and head to the drinks bar. A man near his late 20's was washing a glass when Choa walked by.

 

"What can I get for you?"

 

"Just a glass of water, please," Choa said shyly. The man grinned with his teeth as he grabbed a glass and filled it with water.

 

"There you go, m'lady." Choa muttered a thank you, receiving the glass carefully as the glass was filled to the brim. She took a little sip and her lips. She turned to look for Hyemi, when she colided into another figure.

 

Choa looked up and dropped. In front of her was a girl, who looked close to her age, looking at her red and black dress now soaked with water. She looked up, ultimately meeting her eyes.

 

"What the hell?!" The girl yelled, glaring at Choa. Only one thought could go through Choa's head...

 

'Uh oh.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, fanfic readers and writers! So, this is a little intro into the story of how Jimin and Choa met. The times when I'll show up on AFF to work on the fic will not be consistent because summer's almost here, so I want you guys to stay paitent with me. Over the summer, I will be working on ideas for this fic and how it will grow into an amazing fic.

(PS, like the poster? This was made by shychen over at the Falling In Love poster shop. They're amazing!)

Subscribe, comment, and/or upvote if you liked it.

Love Ya! <3

Geeky