My Heart Beats Again...

My Heart Beats Again...

“Welcome aboard to Korea Airlines, this is your captain speaking. Now, we are departing from J.F. Kennedy airport and it takes 3 hours time to reach Korea.”

Kim Tae Hyung was on the plane with his parents. Lately, he was told that his parents had transferred back to Korea. So, he had no choice but to leave California and went back to his birthplace. Finally, after 3 hours plane ride, they reached Korea Incheon Airport. After that, they were fetched by their butler. Suddenly, Mr. Kim’s phone rang, he picked up, hearing the commotion on the other side of the phone, his appearance on his face changed.

“Yeobo, I think we should get to the hospital now, the president of the hospital just call me saying that there’s a patient with serious heart disease that the artery was blocked and they need a heart surgeon there immediately in the operation theatre.”

“Okay, we better hurry. We’re sorry sweetie, we cannot accompany you home.” Mrs. Kim gave a kissed on Taehyung’s forehead and off to call a cab at the entrance of the airport. That leaves V with his butler. Just then, when he stepped out from the gate of the airport, a beautiful girl fainted in front of him. He quickly dashed over and checked her pulse but her pulse was too weak. Being a medical student and specialize in heart major, he quickly grabbed a long tube from his father suitcase that had been leftover just now, he lifted up the girl’s shirt and pierce the point of the tube towards the side of the heart. Slowly, he pulled up the syringe and blood started to flow into the tube, the girl starts to breathe normally and regains her conscious. Several minutes later, the ambulance that was called by his butler arrived. The girl had been carried into the ambulance.

“You may tell the doctor in charge after that, that she had a minor heart failure and it is very risky for her to have not brought any medication with her, if I didn’t saw her just now, she would have been dead by now.” V explained the girl condition to paramedics.

After the incident, V went home with his butler. The next day, he dressed up nicely in his sapphire Armani suit with his hair set, and drove his car to Yong Hwan medical study hospital to attend his first day of trainee becoming a doctor in Korea. When he arrived, he reported his details and major towards the receptionist counter. The nurse there could not stand his charisma, starts to flirt with him. Fortunately, V does not even gave a peek on them and straightly walk to the heart department after the eldest halmeoni gave him his identity card.

“V, this is your senior doctor that assigns to you.” The halmeoni said.

“Hello, welcome aboard. I’m Dr. Ho, major in heart transplant.” The mid thirty women introduce her.

“Hello, nice to meet you. I’m Kim Tae Hyung, major in heart artery in California. Yesterday just transferred back from California.” V also introduces himself politely to his senior.

After the small introduction series, V had been assigned towards some patients that have artery problems. According to the route, the girl at the airport yesterday also had been sent to this hospital. * I wonder who the doctor in charge is.*

Dr. Ho guided V to the problem of the patient by explaining their disease. A question that had to be answered popped into V’s mind.

“Dr. Ho, can I ask you a question?”

“Yes, proceed.”

“Do you remember yesterday patient that had been sent here?”

“Well, not really, but there this patient, she came in already had been rescued by using the heart transaction tube.”

“Can I know which room she is in?”

“I wonder who did the transaction job, it’s very good, he can be in the heart transplant department, she’s in room 209.”

“Dr. Ho it’s me who did the heart transaction.”

“It’s you? You did a very good job. Consider coming to the heart transplant department? Well, off you go to visit her.”

V went to the patient room to give her a visit. Light shone into the white room; there she lies on the white sheet with an oxygen mask. Her hand was attached with the fluid bottle. Just then, the sunlight hit her face, slowly she opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was V’s handsome face looking through her files.

“Oh, you’re awake. How do you feel right now?” V examined her pupil and her breathing by using a stethoscope.

“I’m okay, just a little suffocation when I breathe. May I know whom that sent me to hospital yesterday?” She asks with the oxygen mask still on her.

After she knew V was that person who saves her back then, she thanks him and told him her name. The two of them chatted for a long time until Dae Min fall asleep after the medicine in the fluid bottle kick in. V exited the room silently.

Thump…. Thump……

*Why I have this feeling? *

He went to the heart transplant department to find Dr. Ho to accept the consideration. Suddenly, his phone rang, saying that there was a problem occurred in room 209 and that was Dae Min’s room. V rushed over and saw that her heart rate is declining, at this state she will crashed.

“What’s her heart rate now?”

“78, still declining”

“Give her a CT scan and I need an ER now. Give me the transaction tube for lungs.” V said professionally.

“Doctor, we are lack of transaction tube.”

“You didn’t stock it up?” V was now yelling.

“No, the Emergency restriction is now having a big accident that was coming from the Incheon route, so we did not have enough, if we wanted to get it we needed to walk to the other block at the south wing of the hospital.” The nurse explained.

Later, with no transaction tube, V grabbed a pen from his pocket and threw the ink out, using the operation knife cut open and stabbed the pen into it. Dae Min’s heart beat was stable for now.

“I need her to go for a CT scan now.” The nurse was amazed by his skill; they carried on with their job by giving Dae Min a CT scan.

Several hours later, her CT scan result was out. As the CT scan stated that, her heart was smaller than her, so it cannot provide enough oxygen and blood throughout her body. This made her very weak in time as she grew.

V took the document and went to find Dr. Ho to discuss more about Dae Min’s condition. Dr. Ho looks through her CT and documents about her heart failure.

“What do you think? Dr. Kim?”

“She needs a heart transplant.”

“Why? You can do a major operation by opening the valves to extend it and let the oxygen went through.”

“No, even after the operation, it won’t work because the capacity for her heart to transport oxygen and enough blood was very low. She would easily faint or dead after the operation, it’s only worth 0.3 % to success.”

“Not bad, you actually have the talent in heart specialist. A heart transplant it is but you can’t easily find a suitable heart in this hospital.”

“I will try my best.”

“Okay then.”

V then went to the heart section in the organ storage. Unfortunately, they did not have the suitable heart for Dae Min. With a heavy heart, he went home after paying the last visit to her.

At home, his parents were waiting for him in the living room.

“Hey son, you’re back. How was your day?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Fine, I’m in charge of a heart transplant patient, but there was no suitable heart yet.”

“Wow, first day of work and you have your first patient. You will find it someday, maybe tomorrow.” Mr. Kim said.

“I hope so, Dad. How’s your work today?”

“Good. Come let’s have dinner, your mother cook your favorite dish.”

They have their dinner happily, after that; V did some research on heart transplant. Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim went out to have a movie.

12 in the midnight, V’s phone rang.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Son, your mother just got into an accident at Hongdae here. Come over to the Seoul Hospital now.”

V scrambled up from his bed, grabbed his cardigan and went to the hospital immediately. He got to see her mother the last time.

In the operation theatre, Mrs. Kim cupped her son’s face and said her last wish to him. Her husband was holding her hand tightly.

“Son, help me take care of your father. I really can’t go on anymore. Sorry sweetie that I can’t watch you marry the one you love.”

“Mom, please don’t go.”

With her last breathe she said, “It’s time, yeobo, thank you for everything. Help me donate my organs to the one who needed it. Tae, maybe my heart will help your first patient.” with that, she closes her eyes, her hand that has no energy left fall to the bedside, the last drop of her tear flows down her face.

Mrs. Kim was gone. Mr. Kim was hugging her tightly after her last tear flew down her cheek. This was the first time where V saw his father cried sadly. After that, he himself announced his wife death and issued her death certificate. Mrs. Kim’s organ was then donated to the one who needed. As for her heart, she gave it to Dae Min.

The next day, they organized the funeral at the park where they were married. Her ashes were buried under the big oak tree where the big oak tree was located in the middle of the high hill of the field. Fortunately, the heart was suitable for Dae Min. That afternoon V carried out the heart transplant operation and it succeed.

3 months later, Dae Min recovered. She works normally at her flower shop which had closed down for 3 months before due to her poor heart.

Today was Valentine’s Day; V has asked Dae Min out for a date at Namsan Tower. They ride the cable car up to the tower. On the cable car, V kneeled down with one leg and held a bouquet of red roses that he stole from Dae Min’s flower shop.

“Will Park Dae Min be my girlfriend?”

“Yes.” Tears starts to flow down from her eyes, V stood up and hugged the girl in front of him. Everyone in the cable car clapped for them.

As they walk down from the cable car, they went to the store that sells the locks. They bought a pair of it and sat down on the counter that had been provided and wrote their wishes on it.

Thank you for saving me back there at the airport. Mrs. Kim, thank you for donating your heart to me. I wish to be with Taehyung oppa until death do us apart. After that, she passed the pen to V.

God, thank you to let me met her and I promise I will never hurt or let anyone hurt her.

They locked their lock on the spot that they found and threw the keys into the key box there. Before they locked their locks on the bridge bar, they exchanged it and look what the other had written on it.

Their love story has now started.