Chapter One: Just Ignore It

Winner's Loss

An arm had hit him square in the face as his eyes shot open, rubbing his sore jaw. Turning to see that Jackson was next to him on the bed they shared in this tiny dorm, he pushed his arm off as Jackson shifted in his sleep. Sleepily making his way towards the bathroom, he washed up and headed back out to the living room where their manager sat, waiting.

“After your classes, we’ll go to a fan signing and then we’ll check out the new dorm.” The manager said, sipping at his hot cup of coffee. Using his right hand to grab his backpack and his left hand to put a random strand of hair back into place, he followed the manager to the parking lot and climbed into the back seat as the manager sent him the list of schedules for the week.

“Hyung, do you think we’ll get bigger or even more beds?” He asked as he threw the schedule aside. Focused with the reckless drivers on the highway next to their car, the manager tossed a look at him through the rearview mirror.

“I think so. Why?” He asked, humming a bit in response.

“It’s a bit tiresome to wake up every morning with Jackson’s arm on my face.” The male sitting in the back seat answered as he rubbed his jaw again.

“Well, at least he manages to hit you at seven every morning. He’s a pretty good alarm clock in my point of view.” The manager joked as the male in the back forced a smile onto his face.

“I suppose he makes for a rather painful alarm clock.” The male responded as he turned his attention to the passing cars. The car became silent as the manager focused on driving and as the male observed his surroundings. Everyday in this very car, going to his classes, heading to his schedule, then the studio, then to different events, and then back to the cramped dorm.

“Hyung…” The male called to the manager driving. When the manager gave a hummed in response, he took a deep breath. “Do you ever get tired of seeing and doing the same things every day?” When the manager didn’t respond, he continued. “I mean- like constantly driving me and the rascals around.”

“You guys aren’t rascals.” The manager let out a light hearted laugh as he took a sharp right turn. The young male felt the seat belt stop his abrupt fall as the manager chuckled sheepishly. “We almost missed the turn, sorry about that. But pertaining to your question… I think it does get a bit tiring to drive everyday. However I do get a lot more breaks than you guys do, so it makes it a bit more bearable for me.”

“Do you wish that somehow something would make driving seem more interesting?” The manager cocked his head to the side and glanced at the rearview mirror once again as the light turned red and the car came to a stop.

“I suppose so. Why are you asking such weird questions anyways?” The manager asked cautiously as the younger male shifted in his seat. Fixing his hair and letting out a few coughs, the younger male shrugged it off.

“No particular reason really. I’ve just been listening to our newest song lately and I’m tired of hearing it. I’m wondering when the promotions for this song will end.” The younger male lied as the manager started the car once again, letting his suspicions drift off.

“Promotions are bound to end soon. After this, we’ll get settled with finding new furniture and renovating your new dorm.” Nodding and pretending that he was comprehending everything, the younger male gazed out the car window, feeling rather tired of having to watch the same things everyday and do the same things everyday. If anyone were to ask him the specific date, he wasn’t sure he would be able to tell them. After all, every day was the same for him.




Arriving at school and making subtle movements, he was quickly surrounded by girls of all ages from teenage girls that didn’t belong to this campus at all- seeing that they were probably in middle school or high school and not in college, or noonas in the same classes as him from noonas from different campuses or older. The red hair he had was his favorite, which would explain why he had kept his hair this light faded red though he was very recognizable as a Got7 member and was often surrounded by fans. Not that being surrounded by fans was a bad thing, but sometimes they were just a bit too much for him to handle.

Managing to escape from the grasp of his fans, he adjusted his shirt that had been pulled and his red hair that had been ruffled from the many fans touching his hair. Heaving another sigh, he moved down the halls and slipped into an empty classroom. Unlike the other grand classrooms in the campus, this classroom was significantly smaller which would explain why it had been abandoned a long time ago. Without anyone residing in this very classroom, he had found it to be his haven from the screaming fans who searched every inch of this classroom, desperate to meet him.

Closing his eyes, he sat there in the comforting silence of the room, waiting for the first bell to ring. When it did ring, he felt his heart drop as he picked up his backpack and headed down the quiet halls into crowded ones with his hood over his head, his red hair still visible but just barely. Though their was quite a bit of “unintentional” and “accidental” touching that had happened to him and solely him alone, he moved down the halls and into his first class without a scene.

As he took a seat in the back of the room as usual, a horde of fans came over and dropped gifts off for him, creating a pile on his desk that he had planned to use today. Being nothing new, he avoided the envious looks he had received from his fellow male classmates, feeling rather uncomfortable. Of course, this was the lifestyle he had chosen himself once he had signed with JYP.


 

No sooner had the bell rung, students flooded the halls as he found himself whisked away by his manager, defending him from any fans that had rushed a bit too close to him. Hopping into the car, he let out a sigh of relief as he fell against the soft cushioning of the car seats with a loud obnoxious voice throwing jokes out to greet him.

“Wow, the amount of fans chasing you are really no joke. You’re such a hot shot!” Jackson joked, shifting in his seat to attempt another derp. Managing to send him a tired and small smile, I turned my attention back to the window of the car and Jackson groaned. “Jr, look at him! So quiet! You would think he’d never had fun!”

“Jackson, quit it. It’s probably because of the additional stress he’s getting  from school. Another reason why I chose not to go to college.” JR said, supporting his hyung. Jackson broke into a smile, unable to stay angry at any member. Sending JR another derp, he turned back to the eldest and poked at his arm.

“I love you!” A fan screamed as she pounded against the car window, holding onto a wrinkled Got7 banner. The eldest male’s eyes widened in surprise as the screaming and pounding outside the car had gotten worse and he turned his attention to the manager.

“Hyung, why aren’t you starting the car?” His voice was slightly raised, showing a clear display of his fear. Wearily, the manager got out of the car and waved his hands, yelling words that were soon blocked out by the louder screams of the fans.

Hurrying back into the car, the manager honked loudly at the fans standing right in front of the car and around it. Starting the engine that had managed to scare the fans off by the sound, they parted and the manager didn’t hesitate to step on the gas pedal. Speeding off, the eldest male amongst the three members held on as Jackson seemed to enjoy the speed.

“You know… some of those fans didn’t look half as bad.” Jackson said, slowly testing the reactions of the two other members. JR nodded in agreement as the eldest of the three hummed in response. Frowning at his reaction, Jackson unbuckled his seatbelt and moved to the back with JR and tapped on the eldest’s shoulder to tell him to move to the back. The eldest, slightly tired, forced himself up and to the back as the manager took a glance at them, suspiciously.

“What are you guys doing back there?” The manager asked as he drove onto a highway.

“Nothing, just discussing some things about our new dorm? We’re all curious to how it’ll turn out.” Jr smiled sweetly as he turned back to the two he was sandwiched in between. “It’s squishy here!”

“So if Jackson would kindly share with us why we were called back here, that’ll be very much appreciated.” The eldest of the three said, moving over a bit to create some room. Huddled together, there wasn’t much they could do.

“Well I was thinking since JR and I saw the dorms earlier today, we were all deciding who should get the biggest room,” Jackson started, grabbing the attention of both of them. “And I think I have the perfect thing. A daredevil. Only the daredevil can get the biggest room.” Cocking their heads to the side, Jackson found himself staring back at two completely dumbfounded people.

“What do you mean?” JR asked as Jackson closed his eyes in frustration.

“What I’m saying is that we should give each other dares to complete. After we finish our promotions for this song and promoting in Japan, we’ll be moving into the new dorm. So we have like- two or three months before we move in.” Jackson said as he tossed a glance at the suspicious manager in the front seat. “So during that month, we could set up dares for each other. Like eating the thing at the back of our fridge.”

“Ey,” JR crinkled his nose as he leaned his head forward. “What is that anyways?” Dismissing his question, Jackson continued to speak.

“So, are you guys in?” JR sent a hesitant look at the eldest male and the eldest male shook his head. “Why not?” Jackson whined.

“It- just sounds stupid.” The eldest answered. “If you remember, it’s our promotion period. We don’t have that much time to complete dares like eating whatever that thing is in the back of our fridge and then spending nine hours in the bathroom. We all have to share one bathroom and I wouldn’t want someone to drop a stink bomb in there.” The eldest leaned against the chair, ending the discussion as Jackson groaned.

“You’re no fun! Look at you, being a stick in the mud.” Jackson complained in English. “I mean, I’ve heard you say a couple of times that you wanted something new and I’m presenting one to you, yet you’re dismissing all my ideas!”

“Korean please.” JR asked, pulling the hem of Jackson’s shirt. Frowning and slumping down on his seat, Jackson crossed his arms, pulling the angry card at the eldest. “Jackson’s angry now.” JR commented as he turned to the other male.The eldest shrugged it off and stared out the window, the car becoming silent for the next three minutes.

“Hyung, come on.” Jackson blurted out desperately. “I want to have some fun too! Being an idol has all these restrictions and stuff. I kinda want to have some fun somehow. Our lives consist of waking up, schedule, and then falling asleep. Don’t you want something in between too?”

“Honestly, it wouldn’t be fair to any of us.” JR interrupted. “I mean, we all know you’re a daredevil- or rather just a fool who has no pride or dignity to lose.”

“Fine, I’ll get the harder dares. Like eating the thing at the back of the fridge.” Jackson said, determined. “Anything, let’s just use this idea, okay?”

“Talk to JB about it, first. If he complies then I will too.” The eldest male answered, shutting his eyes.

“JB will! You know how he is, hyung. He listens to all of us well and treats us well. He’ll definitely accept my idea if you accept it.” Jackson pleaded. “I’ll sleep on the floor for a week.” An evident smile formed onto his face as he mentioned it. Unable to conceal it, Jackson broke out into a smile as well.

“So do we have a deal?”

“Make it a month.”

“Ey~ Whatever you say, hyung.”

“Where are my roommates when I need them?” JR cried silently as he sat in between the foreigners. Laughing, the eldest breathed out a sigh and looked out the window.

“A dare? It doesn’t seem too bad. What am I doing with my life anyways?” The eldest whispered as the laughter faded from his ears and he was once again, by himself in his own thoughts.

 

 

When the late bell had rung, the male shot a look at the silver watch strapped to his arm as he sighed. Traffic was bad today and he had heard from the manager. Moving down the empty halls as most student had already left for home, he headed to the campus library.

With tears b her eyes, she left the library and took a gasp of air as she was away from all ears. She had remembered how she entered the library, light hearted and eager to meet her one and only best friend in this whole campus. Leaving the library, she was now heavy hearted and on the brink of crying in the very same place she had vowed to be strong. However, it was impossible for her to stay strong. The person she had always looked at as a friend, despised her. Like the others in the school.

“Shut up. I don’t need help from the likes of you. Maybe I’m not as smart as you though I’m three years older than you, but I’m not turning to you for help academically. In fact, I’m not turning you for help in anything.”

Shaking a bit, she stopped in her tracks attempting to calm herself down. Taking slow, deep breaths she headed continued down the hall, remembering the rest of the poisonous speech.

“I’ve never liked you. I just wanted to get closer to you to see what makes you so much better than the rest of us. To be a natural born genius. To be able to skip a couple of grades. What’s so good about you that the rest of us have to be compared to a genius like you. All the teachers here are obviously in your favor. They forget about other students like us. You don’t have to worry about college fees because in every college you get accepted to, you get a scholarship.”

“I don’t get why the teachers insist on helping you. You’re already so smart. In fact I find it questionable to why someone would help you.”

“Don’t forget, I was only using you. Just to be favored by the other teachers. Anyone who ‘helps’ you will just end up using you. Mark my words.”

“It’s not fair.”

If anything wasn’t fair, it was the fact that she was given a few IQ (okay, maybe more than that) more than her peers. She didn’t ask for it and she most certainly didn’t ask to skip middle school. As her grip around the strap of her backpack tightened, her knuckles turned white, trying her best to save her tears until she had gotten home. With a blurry vision, she quickened her steps to get out of the building and the suffocating halls.

With her blurry vision, she bumped into something- or rather someone and came tumbling to the tiles. With her lips trembling, she wiped the tears blocking her vision from her eyes as she spotted a hand with a much clearer view. Following the hand up to the owner’s arm, she met the owner’s eyes and the tears formed in her eyes again.

“Are you okay?” Forcing herself up, she brushed past the male who had offered to help her up.

“Anyone who ‘helps’ you will just end up using you. Mark my words.” The cruel words her ex-friend had told her, rung through her mind as she heard the male’s voice.

“Excuse me…? I think you dropped something.” The male called to her as she refused to turn around. Her petite hands were curled into fists as she had an idea of what the male would say.

“I would appreciate it if you would refrain from making a joke of my pride, dignity, or even anything you were hinting at.” She said softly, afraid of any possible consequences that may follow her sudden courage to say something back to the male.

“Excuse me? I wasn’t making a joke of anything.” The male stated, sounding serious. Walking towards her, her heart stopped and she prayed for an easy way out of this mess, her legs as weak as jelly. The male moved in front of her and caught a clear view of her slightly red face and the tears slipping down her cheeks. “Are… are you okay?”

That was enough to cause a sob to escape from her lips. The first time… the first time she had heard anyone ask her that sincerely. She wasn’t okay and she knew it. Nothing was ever going to be okay. Everything wasn’t okay once her mom had her skip middle school and enter high school. Backing away from the male, she found the male holding onto her arm.

The male was dumbfounded as he found himself grabbing onto her arm, preventing her from leaving him. Watching the tears stream down her face, he used his thumb to wipe one away, causing her to freeze all over. Struggling from his grasp, the girl ran off.

Tempted to follow her, he was stopped when he felt something vibrate in his pocket. Frustrated at the timing of his manager who he knew had called him, he made his way out of the school and into the car.

“Hyung~” BamBam said, shaking the neck cushion he had received from a fan. Taking a seat next to him, BamBam noticed the heavy aura around the male and attempted to cheer him up. “Candy?” Holding up a packet of M&Ms, the male shook his head and politely rejected his offer.

“Are you okay? You seem kind of- confused.” BamBam commented, throwing the candy aside in the car. With a mere nod, the male had attempted to dismiss his question. “You know, if there’s anything confusing you and doesn’t involve you, just ignore it. Simple as that.”                     

Just ignore it, huh?




A/N: I'll try to update this story every Friday- though, no promises! I have two I guess other chapters drafted out, but my other drafts are coming out rather... Slowly. Next Friday, I will not be updating, which is something I am very certain of :( But enjoy!