Taokai fluff #1

Dancing along with you

Knuckles brush against his, and Jongin looks up to the boy walking next to him. Not quite a boy he amends, looking at the strong arms and then at the chest of the other. Not quite a man either, he thinks to himself, a smile stretching his lips when he meets the other’s eyes.

“Are you thinking about me ?” The youth in the other’s eyes turns into mirth.

“Do I have to think of the Great Tao at any time of the day ?”

“You know you do.” Tao’s shoulder knocks into him and Jongin mumbles “I don’t”, but the way his hand comes up to play with the hair falling on his forehead says otherwise.

 

The knuckles are back against his, so Jongin looks away. Away from what he knows is coming. And he sees people, lots of people walking around in the warm evening.

“I want to hold your hand” Tao whispers.

“Don’t.” He answers.

“Come on, I just passed my degree with flying colors, won’t you reward me ?” Tao’s fingers slide briefly against the small of his back, and Jongin feels his resolve crumbling.

“Not here” he negotiates.

“Then where ?” Jongin is brought against Tao’s sides and he quickly pushes him away, sending him a warning look.

A sigh escapes Tao’s lips and Jongin knows he will have to make up for his refusal.

 

Later when Jongin closes his door and presses Tao against it, the other’s expression is still closed off, sulky. Jongin smirks, his lips a mere breath away from Tao’s.

“How long are you going to be mad at me ?” He asks, his palm cupping Tao’s jaw, the end of his fingers rubbing soothing motions against the other’s scalp.

Tao doesn’t answer, but pecks him on the lips instead. Jongin smiles softly at him then goes for another kiss, more insistent but not pressing.

When he hears Tao sighs for the second time this day, encased in his boyfriend’s strong arms and hands running on a toned chest, Jongin knows he won.