Final

Our Love (please keep it forever)

1999

It was twenty minutes past eight. Six years old Kyungsoo was obediently sat on his place at his kindergarten, focusing on what his teacher was teaching. Kyungsoo is a shy boy and can’t communicate with people well, which made him alone without friend. Suddenly the door was knocked and opened. Then there’s a boy standing with his hand at the door’s knob while staring at his teacher, Ms Song.

“Oh you must the new student! Kim Jongin, right?”

The boy nodded.

“Now will you come in and introduce yourself then?” Ms Song asked with a low voice to comfort the boy who seemed scared.

“Neh.” The boy answered and walked to Ms Song side and start introduced himself at the class.

“Annyeonghaseyo my name is Kim Jongin and I am five years old. Please treat me well.” The new boy, Jongin, smile before bowed to the whole class.

“Wow, we get a new friend today! So I want you all to be nice to him, okay?” Ms Song asked her class.

“Neh!” The whole class said in unison, except Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was more interested in his water bottle instead of Jongin.

“Okay now will you sit beside Kyungsoo, Jongin? Kyungsoo can you raise your hand so that Jongin can see you?” Ms Song turned her head at Kyungsoo, who was still fascinated at his water bottle.

Kyungsoo looked at his teacher a second later, and then he raised his hand.

“Okay now Jongin sit beside your new friend okay?” Jongin nodded and made his way to his seat.

After settled his stuff and sit calmly, Jongin glanced at his seatmate.

“Hi!” Jongin said and smile a little.

“H-Hi..” Kyungsoo hesitated to look at Jongin, and looked at his hand instead.

“Can we be friend? My name is Jongin and what yours?” Jongin asked while holding Kyungsoo shoulder. Jongin is a shy-but-friendly kind of boy. So once he feels comfortable with people around him, he will be friendlier as ever.

“F-Friend?” Kyungsoo looked over Jongin shyly, and then he continued, “Uhmm… s-sure. My na-name is K-Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo stuttered.

Jongin took Kyungsoo hand and shake it with his. “Now we’re friend.” Jongin smile. “And can we be friend like… forever?” Jongin looked at Kyungsoo at giggled cutely.

Kyungsoo found out that Jongin seemed comfortable and different. So he nodded and smile.

“Ofcourse, Jongin.”

And that’s the first time Kyungsoo felt the feeling of having a friend. A friend who changed his no-smile-lips to the always-smile-lips. A friend who changed his playtime that was lonely to a happy one. A friend who made his day seemed brighter. A friend named Kim Jongin.

 

2005

Jongin was having his lunch at café with his friend when suddenly he remembered something.

“Oh God! Where’s Kyungsoo?” He asked Sehun, his classmate, anxiously.

“What in hell that I would know that,” Sehun said, expressionless.

“Maybe he stuck with some work?” Tao said, out of nowhere.

“But he never leaves his lunch!” Jongin wails.

“Shut up and just go find him!” Baekhyun suddenly snapped.

Jongin stand up immediately and ran out from the café.

“Kids these day…” Baekhyun mumbles.

“For your information, you are a lot worse than Jongin when you talked about your Chanyeol, hyung.” Tao said, full of sassiness.

“Shut up, you brat!” Baekhyun snapped again.

Jongin made his way to Kyungsoo classroom. Jongin and Kyungsoo were in a different class in their middle school. Kyungsoo usually waits Jongin at the café but he’s not there today. So Jongin being worried is an understatement. But as soon he arrived, it was empty. And then he continued his way to the toilet, janitor room, music room, and even at the field. But none of the place he went had a clue of Kyungsoo’s whereabouts. And then he asked random student if there saw Kyungsoo that day.

“Hey, did you by any chance saw Kyungsoo?” Jongin asked, full of hope.

 “Oh I think I saw him made his way toto the rooftop. He probab---“

“Thank you!” And Jongin was sprinted away to upstairs without letting the student finished his sentences.

And right after he arrived at the rooftop, he saw Kyungsoo eating his homemade lunce. All alone. Aww. And then he walked to Kyungsoo side, and Kyungsoo seemed not knowing Jongin presence.

“Why are you eating here, Kyungsoo?” And that really made Kyungsoo startled.

“Jongin! You scared outta me!” Kyungsoo let out a sigh and tried to calm his heart that beating abruptly.

“I’m sorry but why are you eating at here? Alone?” Jongin asked again as he sat beside Kyungsoo.

“N-Nothing. I just wanted to-to… to eat at here! Yes eat at here and-and uhh have some fresh air!” Kyungsoo cursed himself for stuttering, and hoping that Jongin doesn’t knew that he was lying.

“Liar.” And Jongin knows better.

Kyungsoo let out a long sighed. Because he knew that he’s bad at lying, and Jongin knew he is lying. So there was no point to give another lies anymore.

“I just don’t want to disturb you… with your friend.” Kyungsoo said while poking at his food. He had no appetite anymore.

“What are you talking about? There’s no way you will disturb me,” Jongin said curiously, and looked intensely to Kyungsoo.

“Yes! But no… it just-it just… Aishh” Kyungsoo is out of word. “It just I can feel that your friends are uncomfortable when there’s me around…” Kyungsoo said while looking down at his food.

“Wha---“ Jongin doesn’t have a chance to say when suddenly Kyungsoo talked.

“I know I’m an awkward, boring, not friendly and… maybe a bit annoying. I know they’re uncomfortable with me and I know that effect to your hangout time with them. So, I think, maybe… maybe getting me make a distance with them and y-you,” Kyungsoo looked at Jongin eyes “m-maybe that w-will make you guys more comfortable and-and more… happy?”

Jongin seemed so guilty because he doesn’t know Kyungsoo feeling. He promised to be a good friend with Kyungsoo. But Jongin felt bad when he knew his bestfriend had a depressing emotion, and he didn’t know it at all. So Jongin just gave Kyungsoo a bone-crashing-hug and rubbed his back, for calming him after he saw Kyungsoo’s glassy eyes.

“I’m sorry,” Jongin said.

“It’s not your fault,” Kyungsoo sighed. “Maybe me being forever alone is good for everyone,” Kyungsoo whispered, while letting his tears went down silently.

“Don’t say that, it’s totally wrong,” Jongin said.

And Kyungsoo break the hug. He forgot that he was silently hides himself from Jongin to know that he was crying. And he forgot to wipe his tears.

“And why are you so confident about that?” Kyungsoo asked.

Jongin just shake his head and chuckled when he saw Kyungsoo face. Cute. He ran his thumb to Kyungsoo cheeks to wipe his tears.

“It is not that Sehun, Tao and Baekhyun hyung uncomfortable with you. It was just their personality that made them that way. I was at the same boat with you when from first I time know them,”

Jongin just smiles when he saw Kyungsoo tilt his head in confusion.

“Sehun is forever stuck with that face. Expressionless. It’s the same reaction when he is happy, mad, or confuse. He is just a shy boy, he doesn’t talk much to person he just know. And there’s Tao, the scary ahjussi you won’t ever wanted to meet, is a princess at heart,” Jongin chuckled when Kyungsoo made an ‘o’ shape of mouth on what it said. “It’s true. Trust me and please believe me that it took several months for him to be comfortable with people around. And Baekhyun hyung, he’s kind of mad when he talked. But it’s not. It’s just his way of talking. He loves being loud.” Jongin chuckled when remembered the first time he met those three last year.

“Really?” Kyungsoo said with his wide eyes.

“Really.” Jongin stared at Kyungsoo lunch. “Can I eat them?”

Kyungsoo just nodded and handed the utensils to Jongin. They were always shared by the way. “So I can join you guys again? You won’t mad at me right? Oh they won’t mad at me too right? Oh God maybe they mad at me for misunderstanding them!” Kyungsoo mumbled nonstop made Jongin cupped his cheeks by forced. And Kyungsoo winced.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to hurt you,” Jongin rubbed Kyungsoo cheeks to reduce the pain. “Just… could you please stop that and no they won’t mad at you so relax, okay?”

“Okay then.” Kyungsoo said and smile brightly.

The next day Kyungsoo waited at café like always and he constantly said sorry to Sehun, Tao and Baekhyun for misunderstanding them. And the three of them were also saying sorry to Kyungsoo, for their bad first impression. And a few weeks after, all of them seemed can’t be separated.

 

2010

“Kim Jongin!”

“What?”

“Stop touching me already!”

“No the ghosts will cau--- ARGHH!!”

Kyungsoo and Jongin were having a hang out that Sunday (more to force-out to Kyungsoo because Jongin wouldn’t stop whining to Kyungsoo because he’s bored and he need someone to go out with him) where Jongin demanded to go to the amusement park. Jongin stopped when he spotted the Ghost House and insisted Kyungsoo in with him because he thought he can scare his bestfriend. ‘You will scream like a girl Kyungsoo and I will protect you’.

 But in reality, it was vice-versa.

It’s Jongin who screamed like a and Kyungsoo who be manly enough to shoo the ghost away from Jongin.

“Why do you want to go in here in first place, Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked and hold Jongin hand because God this boy is trembling like !

“I-I never k-know ghost house could be this s-scary,” Jongin was making invisible kick all the way in the ghost house.

“What do you expect in ghost house then? A ghost politely give you candy? Tch,” Jongin swear he could see Kyungsoo rolled his eye in that dark room.

“Well I don’--- ARGHH KYUNGSOO HELP ME SOMETHING GOT MY FEET!” Before Kyungsoo think what just happened, Jongin quickly stomped his feet to the hand that grabbed his leg and run to the exit door with Kyungsoo.

And Kyungso could clearly hear a painful scream in the ghost house, “Ommaaaa he stepped on my handddddd!!!”

 

After the chaos they made, they headed to the near restaurant.

“I swear I will never go in that again.” Jongin said while savouring his food.

“Just guess whose idea is it,” Kyungsoo calmly stated.

“Urghh okay! It just I’m really really bored today and I have nothing to do,” Jongin pouted.

“Then go get a girlfriend, duhh.” Kyungsoo took some of Jongin’s chicken and ate it.

Jongin just stopped whatever he was doing and stared the boy in front of him. He looked the way Kyungsoo munching his food and how his eyes got bigger when the food tastes good.  I don’t need girlfriend, Kyungsoo. I need you.

Kim Jongin is helplessly in love with Do Kyungsoo. It was happened when they were in high school. Jongin doesn’t know why but his heart won’t stop beating so fast and can’t stop feeling butterflies in his stomach when he saw Kyungsoo smiles directly to him, when he heard Kyungsoo singing during music classes or humming some song when he’s happy, when Kyungsoo touching him accidently or not, when Kyungsoo cares a lot about him and more.

He just loves Kyungsoo. A lot.

But Jongin is stupid enough for not confessed it to Kyungsoo already. Because he was scared. What if Kyungsoo is not into boy? What if Kyungsoo found he’s weird? But what most Jongin scared was what if he is rejected? What will happen to their friendship?

He was scared. Jongin was so scared.

 

The next day, Jongin was welcomed by an angry Kyungsoo when he came in to the History class where he got the same class with Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo, what’s wrong?” Jongin asked as he sat beside Kyungsoo.

“Nothing,” Kyungsoo put his book on his desk aggressively that made Baekhyun who sat in front him jumped a little.

“Yahh!” Baekhyun turns his body to look at Kyungsoo and scold him for being noisy but he was taken aback when he saw Kyungsoo glared at him.

 “What’s wrong with him?” Baekhyun whispered to Jongin who seemed confused about the whole situation. And Jongin just shrugged his shoulder.

Kyungsoo was quiet during the classes. When the teacher asked him question, he just muttered an ‘I don’t know.’ When Jongin asked him question, he just stay quiet. When Jongin made stupid jokes, he stared outside the window. When Jongin held his hand, he quickly took his hand away from Jongin. Kyungsoo just gave Jongin cold expression. Sometimes he was dozed around. He seemed miserable. And Jongin was dying to know why.

And that’s why Jongin followed Kyungsoo on his way back home. He followed Kyungsoo quietly from behind and then he realised. ‘This is not the way to his home,’ Jongin mumbled. ‘This is the way to… the hill,’ Jongin was so curious.

After they arrived at the hill, Kyungsoo took away his bag and tossed it to the ground. He stood and faced the city. He took a deep breath and exhales.

Jongin was hiding around the bushes.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath again and shouted.

“YAHH KIM JONGIN!!”

Jongin was startled.  Does he know I’m here?

“YOU STUPID IDIOT I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!”

Or not.

“WHY AM I BEING LIKE THIS?!” Kyungsoo didn’t realise that his eyes getting watery. “Why am I being like this?” Kyungsoo suddenly kneeled down and his voice became slow. “This is so stupid,” Kyungsoo took his hand to his face from getting his tears fall. “I’m so stupid.” And that was the time he release his tears and sobbed uncontrollably. He seemed so small, broken, and hurt.

Jongin can’t take it. He ran from the bushes toward Kyungsoo and hugged him. Tight.

Kyungsoo was shocked. He was struggled to release his body from the stranger but when he heard the stranger’s soothing voice, he calmed down because he knew it was Jongin, he tighten his hug and let his tears falls more.

“It’s okay, Kyungsoo. I’m here,” Jongin cares Kyungsoo’s hair and let Kyungsoo cried more.

A couple of minutes later, Kyungsoo calmed down a little and break the hugged.

“I’m sor-sorry… you can go n-now,” Kyungsoo said while pushing Jongin away.

“You know, I’m your bestfriend for a reason,” Jongin took Kyungsoo hand. “You can share with me, on what bothering you,”

Kyungsoo sighed.

“I don’t think this is necessary,” Kyungsoo fixed his eyes to the ground.

“You don’t trust me?” Jongin cares Kyungsoo hand.

“Of-ofcourse I trust you! It-it j-just…” Kyungsoo sighed, “It just nothing mattered and stupid,”

“Tell me,” Jongin sternly said.

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin with teary eyes. And that made Jongin heart sank.

“It just I heard someone said something on my way to the locker,”

“What it is?” Jongin look at Kyungsoo eyes closely.

“I-it’s… it’s nothing.”

“Kyungsoo, please.”

“I heard that you already have a girlfriend,” Kyungsoo hesitated at first, but he betrayed his brain to keep his mouth shut and let his heart controlled the situation.

“And then?”

“And the girl is pretty,”

“And then?”

“And I don’t like it,”

“Why?”

“B-because I don’t like it, and I hate it.”

“Why does it ever matter to you?”

“It matter to me because I love you and it kind of hurt me and---“

“Wait you love me?!” Jongin was surprised, ‘Kyungsoo loves me?’

“---and I can’t---  What?”

“You love me?”

“…”

“Kyungsoo answer me! You love me, right?”

“…”

Jongin kept asking to Kyungsoo to make sure he heard it right. But Kyungsoo silence made him believe that Kyungsoo do love him.

“You do love me,”
“J-Jongin I’m sorry I can explain! Please and I’m sorry I know I’m disgusting and you are not into boys I know it. I-I’m really sorry---“

“I love you too.”

“What?!”

“I said I love you, Kyungsoo” Jongin approach Kyungsoo and held his waist.

“I love you from the day I laid my eyes on you,” he wipes Kyungsoo tears, and continued. “I love you when you smile, when you laugh at my stupid jokes, when you mad over little things, when you kiss my boo-boo away. I’m falling in love with you every second of my life, Kyungsoo.” Jongin smile, because Kyungsoo is so cute when he’s blushing.

Suddenly Kyungsoo hugged Jongin and mumbles.

“Oh God please don’t wake me from this dream. Let me stay a little longer,” Kyungsoo wishes made Jongin laugh.

“Kyungsoo you know this is real,”

“No! This is dream.”

“What makes you think like that?”

“Because good things only live in dreams,”

Jongin held Kyungsoo face and kissed his soft lips. It was innocent, sweet kiss.

“This is real Kyungsoo, if you want to know the real you can slap---“

SMACK!!!

Kyungsoo slapped Jongin cheek, really hard.

“Kyungsoo it’s hurt! Why do you slap me?” Jongin was whining and crying because it is really hurt.

“This is real.”

“Ofcourse it is real. Then why would you slap me?”

“You said I can slap if wanted to know the real.”

“It supposed to be slap on your own face, not me.”

“R-really? I’m sorry, Jongin.”

Jongin was whining and pouted when suddenly…

Smooch.

“There, I kissed your boo-boo away.” Kyungsoo smile and slowly cares Jongin cheek.

Kyungsoo lips do have magical thing. Jongin held Kyungsoo hand and grabbed his bag to walk back to home.

 

2015

Kyungsoo was at work when he received a message from Jongin.

Can you come back early today, baby? -Jongin

Why? Did you make any trouble? -Kyungsoo

Nope. Just come back early okay :) Love you <3 -Jongin

Okay. Love you too <3 –Kyungsoo

And Kyungsoo did come home early. As soon as he parks his car, he saw a bouquet of roses hung over the door. He quickly came out to take the flower and looked over the card.

If you love Jongin please smell me and take me to the backyard.

Kyungsoo smile. He took the flower and smells every one of it and went to backyard. Before he took another step to backyard, he saw a huge bear with a love card sitting behind the pond. He excitedly ran towards the bear and read the card.

If you can’t live without Jongin please hug me and take me to the backyard too.

Kyungsoo giggles. He thinks that this is so cute and he hugged the bear tightly. And then he went to the backyard to find Jongin. But he saw a sleeping Jongin instead. He was lying on the grass with a paper on his face. Kyungsoo shook his body to wake him up.

“Jongin~”

Kyungsoo melodious voice made Jongin’s eyes fluttered open and he suddenly sat down and hugged Kyungsoo’s leg.

“Kyungsoo your leg are so small,” he yawned. “So, wanna marry me?” Jongin said while rubbed his eyes.

“Jongin what the hell you saying?”  Kyungsoo said and tried to stand Jongin up.

Jongin yawned again and say, “I said do you want to marr---“ Then it hit Jongin. He quickly stood properly and fixed his hair. And he coughed awkwardly.

“K-Kyungsoo please I c-can explain. It-it’s not like that it’s just--- wait where the paper is when I needed it!” He hurriedly picked the paper from the ground. He tried to read it but failed because he stuttered too much and his hands were shaking too much. And then Kyungsoo heard Jongin muttered ‘I swear I already remember all this line!’

“Jongin calm down. Take your time, I’m still here. Okay?” And that’s what Jongin do. He calmly took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a several minutes. After he calm down his wild heart, he held both of Kyungsoo hands and looked deeply in Kyungsoo eyes.

“First of all I want to say sorry for being like that before and I want you to listen to me carefully till the end,” Jongin sighed. “And please don’t interrupt, just listen.” Kyungsoo was just smile and nodded as encourage for Jongin.

“Kyungsoo you know that I love you so much, right? So uhh… it just my head stuck right now and I don’t know what I am saying and you’re so beautiful so wanna be my husband for entire of my life?” Jongin looked at Kyungsoo with hopeful eyes but then he smacked his own forehead.

“Why am I sleeping? I should wait you till you came and say all the romantic lines I wrote and then this is what I got,” Jongin said with a pitiful face. “I’m sorry you’ve getting worst propose ever.”

“Yes” Kyungsoo suddenly said.

“Wait, what?” Jongin was shocked.

“I said,” Kyungsoo approached Jongin, “Yes, I wanna marry you.” And he gave the cutest smile to Jongin.

And Jongin just hugged Kyungsoo tightly (also the bear) and said ‘thankyou’ and ‘I love you’ repeatedly.

“Kyungsoo can you please remove the bear so I can hug you properly?” Jongin asked.

“No. It says that if I can’t live without you I should hug it.”

“Aww Kyungsoo you’re so sweet.” And then Jongin cupped Kyungsoo’s cheek and give Kyungsoo a chaste kiss. Kyungsoo was melt into the kiss and wrapped that his hand around Jongin’s neck. The chaste kiss didn’t stay long when Jongin deepen the kiss and Kyungsoo moaned with full of bliss when Jongin explore his entire mouth with his excellent tongue. Jongin breath was hitch a little when Kyungsoo trust his growing bulge towards him. But then Jongin remembered something.

And then Jongin stopped.

“Kyungsoo I’m so sorry but we need to stop a while because your idiot husband-to-be forgot to put a ring on your cute little finger,” Jongin scratches his head and smile sheepishly.

Kyungsoo face was flushed from the heated kiss and he seemed frustrated because it stopped.

Jongin took the ring from his pocket and happily put it on Kyungsoo. It was simple. But it was so precious to Kyungsoo. He smiles because the ring looks perfect on his hand.

“It’s beautiful, Jongin. Thankyou.” Kyungsoo pecks Jongin lips and hugged him again.

“I’m glad,” Jongin said.

And the wedding day was held a couple of month later. It was a simple one that only closes family and friends were invited.

 

2050

There was an old couple walking around the beaches, holding hand in hand.

“Kyungsoo, did I tell you that you’re beautiful today?” Despite his old age, Jongin didn’t fail to make Kyungsoo blush.

“Stop it, Jongin. You’ve told me that every day,” Kyungsoo said while rest his head on Jongin’s shoulder.

“I love you so much,” Jongin rest his head on Kyungsoo and tighten his grip.

“I love you too Jongin. Forever.”

And they watch the sunset together with their love that always growing. They might be old, but their love stays forever.

 

 

 

Not far away from the lovely couple are, there are a young couple watching them.

“You know, I’m really glad that they adopted me. I will never find great and perfect parents like them.” Yixing said with a proud smile plastered on his face.

“I also glad that they adopted you too. Because if they don’t, how can I get a perfect person like you.” Junmyeon caressing his husband cheeks with adore.

And they hugging each other, and pray that their love will be blissful and beautiful like their parents.

 

 

 

 

 

The end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Why am I turning Kyungsoo to a such crybaby ohmygod! I'm really sorry for the grammatical error because this is unedited and i wont take a look for secOND TIME BECAUSE I WON'T POSTED IT BECAUSE I HAVE A VERY LITTLE SELF-ESTEEM OF MY WRITING AND HATE IT BECAUSE IT TOO CHEESY FOR MY OWN GOOD OKAY BYE I'M dying ~(-.-)~

is it healthy to squel at your own fics? ._.