Not so Sweet

As Sweet as Suga(r)?

Their maknae's turning 18 soon and Yoongi hadn't bought any presents yet, heck he doesn't even have a plan in mind.

The pale man ruffled his own hair as he groaned, scrunching up his face in annoyance. He always had a hard time expressing himself, especially in an affectionate way but Jungkook was a different story. The second eldest had a soft spot for this dongsaeng and he wanted to show the youngest how special he was to him, unfortunately, it was easier said than done.

Yoongi knew he'll screw up at some point and end up flustered and before he knows it, the day has ended. It was usually like that, but now was the time to make a change.

The big day was tomorrow. He canvassed various stores and items that he knows would possibly appeal to the youngest but luck wasn't just on his side.  Cake was mainstream and he hated mainstream . Maybe he could include the cake as a bonus though.

Yoongi sat on a bench, a park nearby their dorms. He looked around to find some inspiration until his phone vibrates causing him to click his tongue. It was Namjoon who has called 12 times and sent 5 messages now.

 

11:27 am || Jin hyung cooked something special today, hurry up!

12:03 pm || Where the hell are you hyung?

12:18 pm || I swear to god Yoongi hyung, answer my calls.

2:31 pm || Yo?

 

Sometimes he just doesn't know if Namjoon was really smart or plain dumb or maybe just too silly. His phone vibrated once again

 

2:34 pm || Btw did you finish your part for the song? We need to finish this ASAP.

Yoongi cursed under his breath, ". How can I." The pale man groaned and immediately left the park.

 


It was around 5'o clock in the afternoon now, 5:13 to be exact and Yoongi still had no plans nor presents in mind. He was distracted from the aroma of Jin's cooking and he made his way to thw kitchen.

"Hey." Yoongi greeted the eldest and pulled a chair to ssit

"Oh hey Yoongi, did you eat outside? Or skipped lunch?" Jin's voice lowered when he asked the latter and Yoongi knew he'll have a nagging session with this guy, or maybe Hoseok, who was probably worse.

"Eh." The pale man shrugged and Jin couldn't help but sigh.

Yoongi continued to watch Jin move as he cooked dinner. He suddenly thought of cooking for Jungkook, his special ramen cooking? Nah. He might be sick of that. Or maybe bake a cake and just write random words maybe. It wasn't anything special though which made Yoongi feel like it's a waste of time. Then again, he rarely cooked so maybe he would just think of things to add more surprise into it, of course after he finishes those lyrics needed that is.

"Jin hyung, I need a favor."

 


Yoongi's fingers trailed on the keyboard, typing as fast as possible, although he couldn't think of anything to write. Bang PD tasked them to write probably for their training and to find things in their products that needed polishing, and if lucky, maybe it can be included in their debut album. He was having a hard time though, plus the fact that his mind was split with the thoughts of words for the song and Jungkook who kept flashing in his mind. Was the maknae aware of what he's doing to him? It's already 12:09 am and he has yet to write a word. His head was so mixed up right now, he wished he would at least write a short one.

Yoongi nuzzled his own arms as he made himself comfortable on the desk. He felt a warm cloth placed on his back and the pale man fluttered his eyes open. He rubbed his swollen eyes and narrowed it. Yoongi clicked the light switch on and saw the person he least expected.

Jeon Jungkook.

"What are you doing here?" Yoongi asked, his voice hoarse, as he stretched out his arms and yawned. He checked the time and it was already 11:36 pm. Weird. The last time he checked the time it was already past midnight.

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows leaving the maknae confused of Yoongi's actions who was turning the alarm clock as if there was something wrong with it.

The older one shifted to check his phone and it was indeed 11:36 in the evening. His eyes widen as he saw the date on the screen.

 

September 1.

 

"." Yoongi cussed causing Jungkook to tilt his head to have a view of Yoongi's face.

"What's wrong hyung?" Jungkook asked, unaware of Yoongi's small panic.

". Jungkook, I'm sorry. Did I miss the party? ." Yoongi immediately stood but stumbled from his shaking legs that were limp as from the long sleep he had. Fortunately Jungkook caught him.

"Woah hyung, calm down. We just cleaned up." Jungkook helped the other to balance himself but Yoongi was just too pushy.

The older whined and was telling Jungkook to let him go out.

'God. I knew I'd screw up,' he thought.

"Come with me Jeon Jungkook." Yoongi wrapped his fingers around Jungkook's wrist and dragged him, still having a hard time walking after sleeping who knows how many hours, the younger was there to assist him anyways.

They were going through an unfamiliar hallway that Jungkook never knew existed. He was really confused on how the older one acted, he was never this panicked?

The two stopped in front of a door and Yoongi handed out a cloth.

"Cover," Yoongi said, not having eye contact with the youngest. He could feel his face was flushed and warm and he didn't want Jungkook to see that, it will destroy his supposed to be swag image.

Jungkook complied and and tied a knot behind his head. Yoongi grabs the maknae's wrist again and pulls him in the room. The older one slowly untied the handkerchief and a dim light greeted Jungkook's eyes.

The youngest smiled in awe, jaw dropping from the sight. He looked around the room and he felt overwhelmed of what the older one prepared for him.

The room was filled with sticky notes, different shades of red, decorating the whole room with words and hue. The dim light came from the LED lights that were in every corner of the room. Yoongi flicked the light switch on for better light and so that Jungkook could read the words on random sticky notes.

The maknae chuckled at some of the words. His hyung was definitely not good with words. One word on each paper it said:

 

'I'm' 'Not' 'Cheesy'

'Low' 'Budget'

'I' 'was' 'cramming' 'okay?'

'You're' 'getting' 'old' 'now'

'Continue' 'to' 'grow'

 

Jungkook chortled and shifted his attention to the cake.

"You baked this?" The maknae asked.

"Why do you sound like it was a miracle? Yeah. I did, with a help of ummm someone." Yoongi played with the hem of his shirt but eventually stopped because of how uncool it was.

Jungkook smudged a portion and had a taste of the cake. It was.....slightly bitter.

"Why is this bitter?" His face was scrunched up, slightly coughing from the taste.

"Because I'm a bitter person." Yoongi defended, but actually he baked it longer than it should.

"No, you are our sweet Suga(r) hyung," Jungkook jested and laughed, wrinkles forming at the side of his eye smile and his bunny teeth showing up again. This kid was wrecking Yoongi.

Jungkook looked around again and could feel his face heat up when he had a glimpse on a particular message, still word by word on each paper.

'You' 'know' 'hyung' 'loves' 'you'

Although the words were smaller than the other notes, he knew Yoongi didn't want him to notice that immediately while he was around that is.

Jungkook walked towards Yoongi, their distance closing. The latter could feel the blood rush on his face, he stepped back but the maknae just kept on closing their distance, until his back was already against the wall.

"W-what the are you ----" Yoongi stutterd and was cut off as the taller male placed his forehead on Yoongi's shoulder and he whispered to his ear, causing him to shiver from the maknae's breath.

"I love you too hyung"

Jungkook wrapped his arms around the older one and Yoongi stood there frozen. He really felt awkward with skinships even though he sometimes wanted it, needed it.

His pale face was already as red as cherry but he slowly hugged back. He felt really flustered especially because it was Jeon Jungkook. He didn't know what kind of love the maknae meant but it was enough to cause his heart to beat rapidly. Yoongi will never expect him to return his feelings but as long as Jungkook was happy, it was enough.

Yoongi slowly closed his eyes, still on the same position.

"Happy Birthday Kookie," his hyung mumbled, loud enough for the other to hear.

"Mhm! Thanks hyung ~ " the maknae hugged tighter. The older one shut his eyes tight. The youngest's sweet voice hurt him so much but Yoongi was satisfied.

"Jungkookie....I love you."

"I love you too hyung~" the maknae chirped.

Yoongi chuckled lowly.

'Ahhh if you only knew...'


A/N: Okay so it ended bitterly so i was thinking about making a sequel on Jungkook's POV I dunno, What do you think guys? Should I just let it be kekekeke ~~ Comment, Upvote or Subscribe(?) I kind of see Yoongi the typoe of person who can't express himself and has a hard time showing his emotions, (like me at some point but I'm improving! lol TTuTT) So I had this idea ~~ HHHHH I hope you liked this ~