I Wanna Be Yours

Playlist

I Wanna Be Yours- Arctic Monkeys
Word Count- 420 words

Layhan

 

Secrets I have held in my heart,

Are harder to hide than I thought,

Maybe I just wanna be yours

 

Lu Han looked at the boy in front of him with adoring eyes. If only he could ask him out properly. If only he didn’t have that monster of a boyfriend. If only he understood his love for him.

 

“Stop looking at him like that, Kris will stab you.” Sehun said to him without taking his eyes off his book.

 

“Mind your own business.” Lu Han shook him off.

 

Sehun shrugged and continued reading. Lu Han looked at the boy sitting at the opposite table with a possessive hand - of that monster’s - resting on his shoulder. Yixing needed to know that Lu Han was much better than Kris. He needed to know.

 

In the music class that followed, Kris wasn’t there. Lu Han decided that it was now or never because any other time Kris was always there with Yixing.

 

He spent the entire class wondering how to do it. He finally made up his mind. As Yixing was walking away, Lu Han breathed out a small “Yixing”  from behind him.

 

“Yes?” Yixing said turning around. There was no one in the room anywhere. This was his chance. “Lu Han, right?”

 

Lu Han’s eyes brightened up. He knows me. “Uh yes. I-I need-needed t-to ask you something.”

 

“Go on!” Yixing said with a dimpled smile that Lu Han loved so so much.

 

“Leave Kris.” He breathed out. It was almost a whisper.

 

“Pardon?” Yixing asked but Lu Han was sure he had heard.

 

“I love you, Yixing. Please leave Kris!” Lu Han repeated, a little louder this time.

 

Yixing moved back a little, “Uh, I don’t know you.”

 

“But I do, and I love you.” Lu Han said as he inched closer. Say yes, Yixing. Please.

 

Yixing made his way to the door, “Uh, I have class, I need to go.” He said quickly before sprinting out, leaving Lu Han alone in the room.

 

Lu Han didn’t go to the next two classes, fixed in his position. He started sobbing as he thought of how he should have waited a little longer, how it had been too soon.

After the dispersal, he ran to his room, ignored his mother and locked himself in. He slowly made his way to his walk-in closet and sat down in it, facing his beautiful, beautiful door. 

 

“One day you’ll love me, Yixing.” he whispered staring at the wall covered with different angles of Yixing’s face.