Final

Hello, Do You Hear Me ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello, Do You Hear Me ?

 

 

 

I would start my day by staring at the framed picture on my nigthstand. 

 

 

Its a picture of me with her, smiling brightly next to me, in my arm. It was taken during my birthday party in the class, and she was the one who planned it. It is probably the best day of my life, because for the first time in my life- she finally willingly giving me a hug. Saying its a birthday present.

It was always me who gives her a hug and the one who comfort her whenever she's break down and cry. She always depends on me when she needs help, and ofcourse I will always be there for her. 


Its all started when she was being bullied by some thug- about two years ago. She was curling up her body while sobbing in the corner, laughter of the thugs catch my ears- and that is when the first time I saw her. I couldnt see her face, her gaze, her eyes... because she is hiding it with her long hair. I dont know why but I have the urge to look at her. Curiousity just fills in me and the next thing I knew is I already take my step infront of the thugs.

They are about four or five of them, I can barely remember because all I can see at the moment is her. She is trembling in the corner while hugging her knees in fear. I clenched my teeth, seeing her in that condition just hurts me.

Thats weird.

I dont even know her name.

I could feel my cheeks went numbed when one of them decided to punched me. My eyes widened and I glared at them, saying that they are going to regret it if they keep on bullying the girl.

Then I got punched so badly by the five of them that I needed to be send to the hospital. But its okay, because she's safe and she was right next to me all the way to the hospital until the moment I open my eyes.

She was there with her bright smiles.

"Hello, do you hear me ?" was the first thing she said to me, its like I am listening to an angels voice.

Her voice sounds so beautiful.

On that day, I got to know her name and find out that she is actually planning to transfer to my school due to the bullies. She said that she is going to my school because of me.

And I am glad she make that decision.

 

I break into a small smile as my finger travelled on her bright smile, until my mum's loud screamed make me flinched.


"KIM JONG DAE YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE STOP STARING AT THE PICTURE AND GET READY FOR SCHOOL"


I chuckled toward my mum's weird voice and hop off my bed, doing my morning routine and get ready for school. 

The moment I open the door I could see her standing next to the gate, swaying her right feet through the small pebbles by the road. I could hear to her sweet humming from here, and it was like that every morning since the day we met. We would walked together for school because it is just about 500 metres from my house.

"I told you to wait for me at your house, guys should do the work" I said for nth times and like always- she would answer with her giggles first. "Its okay, my house is not that far, Chen"

Chen.

The name she gives me since a year ago. I dont really know the reasons but I think it is because of her interest in chinese culture, plus her father is a chinese. Maybe that is where she get the Chen, and she decided to call me by that name ever since. It becomes a habit of her to called me by that name that my classmate thought my real name is Chen. 

I can rarely hear someone called me Jongdae anymore. She would call me by that Jongdae name but I think she prefer Chen better.

"Lets go~ we will be late" she whined when I tying my shoelaces. I turned to her, mouthed 'wait' but she gives me a pout instead. I chuckled and get the shoelace done, I quickly run over to her and grab her arm.

"We are going to be late, lets go" I said and she giggled. 

They are no days I wouldnt listen to her giggles. They are so sweet and like musics to me. 
 

 

 

 

 


I leaned my head on my hand, as my eyes keep looking at her sleeping face. It is so comforting to be like this. Her light brown hair slightly blowned by the soft wind. She would slightly smiling in her sleep, frowning by times. I take the chance to extend my hand toward her pale cheek.

Its warm and smooth. I have been always wanted to do this, getting much more closer to her. But I have no courage to do so. I would be ready to say that I have this feeling toward her, but miliseconds after I would change my mind. Because I am too scared to confessed.. or maybe I am just afraid my move would changed our relationship.

It is better like this than make everything seems awkward between the two of us,especially if she didnt have this feeling toward me back. It will be useless and it will make her getting further from me instead.

 

Thats why.. thats why I pretend not to have feeling toward her.

 

Her eyes flutters open, I raised my eyebrows and a smile appeared on her face. 

"Stop staring" she mumbled and I smiles back to her. "Cant help it" I said and extend my hand to remove strands of hair on his face. 

She lit up her head and changed her gaze toward outside of the window, watching the students who running around the wide green field. "Its PE" she said and turned to me "You loves to play soccer with your friends, especially Luhan.. what are you doing here?"

"Accompanying you, ofcourse"

"Silly, you will get detention for skipping classes"

"But how can I leaves you alone when you have a headache.. plus I have talked to the teacher" I said and she nod, turning her head toward the field again. 

I rested my head on my palm while enjoying the view of her, the lightning perfectly lighten the view and it makes my heart flutters on how she suddenly giggled and point her hand toward the field.

I just feels my heart skip a beat.

"Look at how Jongin fall" she said while laughing. I break into small laughter when I hear hers. I didnt even know what is happening down there and I dont think I want to know.

This girl is enough to make my day.

"Lets go to the field" she suddenly said while grabbing my hand before I could say anything.

I feel my heart drop and the thought that she wanted to go there to meet Jongin.

I secretly frowned and just keep following her. I cant say no because she would keep on pouting and wont talked to me for a few days. Just like the other day when I didnt let her meet him.


I find out that she likes Jongin ever since.


"Kai!" She shouted and all the guy who playing soccer looked at the two of us. "Woo~ look at the lovers" Chanyeol said and I look at him dont-say-such-things way.

"Hey!" Kai waved his hand toward her and practically running toward us.

"Are you okay? I heard from the teacher that you are not feeling well" he asked in concerned. I changed my gaze toward her who is smiling so brightly toward Jongin. I feels my heart clenching at the moment.

"Im feeling better because Chen was there with me" she said and I look at the other way. 

"Great" Jongin said and held her hand, she seems shocked but Im sure she liked it. But the way Jongin intertwined their hand together makes me feel..  threatened.

"Take your sit at the hut and watched us playing soccer! Yah, Jongdae changed your outfit and joined us, alright?" He said and pulled her to the hut, leaving me alone at this place.

I just sighed and decide to go to class instead. I dont think I have the heart to play soccer after watching them being lovey dovey infront of me. Especially the smiles she gives toward Jongin.

It looks different compared to when she smiles at me.

I sit on her place and take a glanced over her who keep chanting Jongin's nickname that she gives. Clapping her hands when Jongin's team scored a goal. Jongin would come over and high-fiving with her. They probably didnt even realized that I wasnt there.

I sighed once again and leaned my head on the desk, playing around with her favourite pink pen. It was given by me when we hanging out last weekend. She cant seem to afford to bought it and I decided to surprise her by buying it and secretly put it in her pencil case.

But she thought that Jongin is the one who gives it to her. She is just way too clueless. She is blinded with Jongin when I am the one who was there when she squealing over this pink pen. 

I grab it into a fist but I soften when I hear a slight cracked from the pen. I take a closer look and I can see that its slightly cracking.

Now it resembles my broken heart.

Just great.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She get out from the class when the recess bell rings.

I secretly followed her from behind, we reached the library and she still didnt realized that I am here. I smirked at her silliness. I take my seat and eye-ing at her who examined a book and another. She looks so serious, but how can she looks so beautiful at the same time ?

I rest my head on my palm as I keep staring at her. I would die happy if I can look at her all the time like this. I slightly chuckled when I see her eyes dropping, she get sleepy after examined so many books. She rub her eyes and put the book on its place back. 

I quickly go to the next row of books and look at her, she finally decide and grab a book. She read it while walking through the row of books. I didnt realized it until her head hit a wall infront of her. I secretly laughed and she turned to me, but before she could see me I already hide myself behind another wall.

I chuckled and continued on following from behind without her knowing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hear the bell echoed in my house as I am eating my breakfast with my family. 

"She's here!" I excitedly said and I hear my parents chuckling. Knowing that their son is in love with his bestfriend.

I opened the door with a high hope, but my smiles faded in less than a second when I see someone who is not her infront of me.

"Milk delivery?" The boy in the blue cap said as he shows a bag fills with bottles of milk.

"Ah.. yes" I said, taking it them from him and closed the door. I stares at the milk in dissapointment.

I guess she is just a little late today. 

I put the milks on the counter and grab my backpack. "Mom, Im leaving" I said and quickly put on my shoes. I practically running to her house and hit the bell button, I could hear the bell echoed in the house eventhough I am standing outside of the gate.

I put my hand and rub them together as the morning cold hit me. 

"Ouh Kim Jongdae" I turned to my right and see her mum with some groceries in her hands. I bowed to her and help her with the things, she lead me in and I put all the groceries on the big table. "Are you here for Haemi ?" She asked and I nod. 

"You can checked her in her room, I am not sure whether she have gone to school because I leave early in the morning for the groceries" 

I nod and practically running to her room. Her mum didnt mind of me running around the house because I was here often and literally everyday.

I open her door, just to see it empty. I get into her room and look over for her, but she is not here.

It leaves me bewildered because she never leave for school without me. We have been walking together to school since she moved here two years ago. I take my sit on the bed and hear a familiar caller ringtone on her nightstand. Her phone is ringing and vibrating, making it moves to the edge and is about to fall.

I grab it and look at the screen. Kai's name with a heart next to it can be seen on the screen. It takes a moment for me to hit the green button and put it next to my ear.

"Where are you? I am already waiting at the gate- ouh there you are!" He said and hung up the phone. I stare at the blank screen. He is waiting for her?

I get bewildered and decided to stalked over her phone. I hit her password and open her message history. One of them catch my eyes. She is asking Jongin to wait for her infront of the school's main gate. 

I groaned and throw the phone on her bed, ruffling my hand through my hair in frustation.

I guess I am a step too late for everything.

 

 

 

 

 


I stepped into the school and feels a tapped on my shoulder, expecting for her is a really bad idea. Because my heart is like in a crisis for it. But seeing my bestfriend right in the morning is not that bad of a thing. 

Chanyeol grinned and wrapped his hand around my neck. I smirked and put my hand around his neck too and the two us head to the class together.

"Where is your girlfriend, Chen?"

"For the thousand times, she is not my girlfriend, Park Chanyeol"

"Whatever she is to you, where is she?"

"Probably in the class" Having fun with Jongin. Ugh.

"Wut, thats nonsense, she's always with you in the morning" he smirked "I guess she is with Kai right now"

"Ouh look. I am so right" he said. Our eyes are on the two of them, laughing while walking together along the hall.

I can feels Chanyeol eyes are on me. He is probably could read me by just looking at me.

"Lets grab some pastries!  I suddenly feel so hungry right now" he pulled me along with him. I clenched my teeth after watching the two of them being so closed together.

They are already a step ahead and there is me. I missed the next step and I am already a step behind.. making me getting further from her.

I guess she prefer Jongin more than me.

 

 

 

Chanyeol ended up buying a heaps of bread and stuffed them into his bag and mine. 

 

"Are you going to give this to our classmates ? They are so many we could make a bread party with this" I laughed as I keep stuffing the bread into my bag.

"Nonsense" he said and turned to me "Im glad you lauging, the frowning you didnt suits you" he said. "Plus, the bread in your bag is yours and this-" he patted his bag "-is mine"

"What-" "Its Joonmyun treat ! You know how rich he is right ? Now, lets go Chen" he said, leaving me behind in dumbfounded.

 

I put some of the bread into the locker because I can hardly take out my books with the plastic rustling, the whole class could probably heard them. 

Damn you Chanyeol with your bread.

"Woah. Thats a lot" I hear the voice that I have been waiting for. I didnt turned to her, afraid that I would see Jongin standing by her side.

She extend her hand into my locker and grab one "thanks" she giggled while waving the bread in her hand.

I look at her and smiles "I didnt even offer you one"

"Ouh please, what yours are mine, and so is me" 

"Im yours then?" I joked and she chuckles. She pinched my cheeks "Most probably" she said and I feels my heart beating hard.

What is that suppose to be mean?

"I will eat well!" She said while running to the class. I grinned and continue to stuffed the breads into my locker.

I couldnt stop smiling for the whole day.

 

 

 

 

 


I get ready as fast as I can in the next morning.

Running toward her house, I hit the bell button and hear it echoed in the house.

"Oh? You are here?" Her eyes widened, its so round making she looks so adorable with her messy hair."May I come in?" I asked and get into the house with her.

"So early today eh?" Her mum chuckling while working on the breakfast.

"Yeah, I just feels like coming over" I said and look over her who is getting ready for todays school.

"Are you sure its not because of yesterday?" 

"Yesterday? What yesterday?" She asked in bewildered.

"He comes over yesterday, just to find you are not here"

"Really? You didnt tell me you was here though?"

"You are too busy with Kai" I mumbled. "What did you say Chen ? I cant hear it" she asked and I just shook my head. "Nah, nothing"

"Come here and lets have a breakfast together" her mum said and the three of us have our breakfast together while talking about the upcoming summer holidays.

 

 

 

 

 


"Wait, where are you going?"

 

"Kai is looking for me!" She said, and that one sentence succeed on making me feels hurt.

"Ouh.." I looked at her dissappeared through the crowd of students. I think I finally breath after a few seconds. Because it feels like I am lacked of oxygen right now.

I leaned on the wall, waiting for her but she never come back until the class bell ringing.

I decided to take my sit and look over her empty sit. At the moment I feels my vision getting blurry. My eyes trembled and widened in disbelief.

I am crying.

"What the.." I mumbled and hear her footsteps coming closer. I quickly lower my head and wipe away the tears from my eyes. "Uhh.. what are you doing ?" she asked and I look at her.

"No.. something hit my eyes, probably dust"

"Uhm, your eyes look teary, I might mistaken that you have been crying" she grinned and take her sit next to me. "Kai injured her leg just now" She suddenly said. I bit my lips and take out a book from my backpack. "Really ?" I said, obviously not interested in the topic.

"Hye !" I flinched when girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter