01 A New Home

The Village of Spirits

I opened my eyes quickly when my head hit the car window. The road here isn’t paved and was all bumpy, pretty much a dirt road, which caused me to bump my head against the window. I sat up in my seat and looked outside the window. There was many small shops that ranged from clothing, farming items, food shops, and stationery goods. Everyone here looked old, well at least older than me. There were many young kids playing around in the fields, but they were just the grandkids of the people who lived here. The kids probably got dropped off during vacation.

“Mijoo are you awake?” My mother notices that I was sitting up and starts up a conversation with me. “How does it look? Do you think you’ll like it here?”

“It looks alright.” I replied but kept my eyes out the windows. “It’s really different.”

“If you take this road up here, to the right it leads to the school you’re going to attend.” My father points to the road and I tried to stare down at it but couldn’t because the car was moving.

My father continued driving down the road until we finally reached our destination. The house we’re moving into was a two-story with a pink washed off color. The area around the house was just land and a lot of trees. It was plain, but looked like a very cute house.

I followed behind my parents into the house while holding several bags of gifts my friends had gotten me before leaving. All my other stuff have already been delivered. When I entered through the doors I saw the living room. It was a big livingroom with new furniture my parents recently bought. There was a fireplace on the other side of the living room and all the couches and sofas were facing it.

I toured the house alone as I let my parents settle themselves in. My mother was in the kitchen putting the plates in the cupboard and pretty much organizing the kitchen while my father was outside putting together the kitchen table, my study desk, and my vanity table. I walked up the stairs and decided to look for my room. I opened the first room to my left and figured it was my parent’s room because of the queen size bed. I closed the door and continued making my walk down the hallway. I opened the door to the right and it was the bathroom. I closed it and continue down the hallway again to opened the second door on the left and finally found my room.

My bed was already in my room and I noticed my parents had gotten me a new bedspread with a few new pillows. My clothes were all neatly placed inside the boxes. I the lightswitch that was to the right of me. The walls had a pretty floral vintage wallpaper that I really liked. I explored my room more, since it was big and spacious. My closet was placed on the left side of my room. I opened the doors and saw that it was a walk-in closet. There were several clothes hangers in there already so I decided to organize my clothes for the time being.

After spending about two hours organizing my clothes and sorting out my room, my father called me down to help him bring my desks up. I rushed downstairs and helped him. He handed me some gloves so that I wouldn't injure myself while carrying it up. After carrying my study desk up the stairs, we headed back downstairs to carry my vanity table.

“So what do you think?” My father and I were in my room so that he can help move my desks and bed around. “Do you like it?”

“I do. Thanks dad.” I thanked him. Not sure why I did but I just felt thankful for him.

“Mijoo, honey! Come eat dinner!” My mother called us down and we headed down right away.


author's comments

I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter. Sorry that it's a short one. the chapters will forsure be longer in the future. I would just like to thank those who had subscribed to my story already. Please remember to subscribe, upvote, and/or comment if you like my story. Thanks so much(again)!