Relief

Family Feud


Starting off this conversation would  have to be one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do in my life thus far. Like how am I supposed to open up a heavy conversation like this? Am I supposed to jump into it? Should I have a buildup? Should I quickly rush over it or go slowly? Does it even matter?

These were the questions that had no answer. The only thing I could do was grab Minho's hand as I sat there on my bed and thought about how this conversation would go. I didn't want to make it a huge thing by getting emotional, but I also didn't want to downplay anything that happened to me because it was really something that affected my life. 

In general, I guess I'm just ready for this event to stop being a topic of discussion. I want to move past it. That can only start with me talking about it with Minho. 

I sighed as I finally gathered the courage to speak. "You know, there's something I've been meaning to tell you -- about me. Something you don't know about me."

"Something I don't know about you? I thought I knew pretty much everything about you, Tae."

"Yeah, well there's something that explains why I haven't been able to give myself fully to you yet. Also why I hadn't been able to get along with my parents for so long."

Minho squeezed my hand before asking, "What is it?"

I looked down at our interlocked fingers and mumbled, "It would be so much easier to ignore this, but ignoring it has gotten me nowhere. It's no easy way to say this, so I'll just get on with it. When I was 14, something very traumatic happened to me. I haven't been the same ever since." There was a pause before I continued. "I was... I was ually assaulted, ." Minho's body immediately tensed. "I know it's a weird time to bring this up, and I don't want to make this any bigger than it has to be, but I thought I'd let you know. I'm ok now though. That was a long time ago."

"Holy ," Minho whispered as the information sank in. "Holy ing ."

"I know."

"Taemin-- I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I had no idea-"

"How would you? No one did. I didn't tell anyone until this year. Only my parents know, now you."

Minho let go of my hand to pull me into a hug. "That's so horrible. Damn. I can't believe that actually happened to you. You're so precious and so special to me. No one should ever get away with doing some like that."

I closed my eyes and snuggled into Minho's chest before saying, "Well I just found out the guy is in prison for the same thing he did to me to other people, only he got caught. So in some way, he didn't get away with it."

"Still. He shouldn't have been able to get away with it when it happened. Do you mind me asking who it was?"

"He was my dance teacher. Someone I thought I could trust. You just don't think people like that would take advantage of a student, y'know?"

"He was your teacher?! Sick bastard. I wish I would've been around back then. Even if I would've gotten my kicked, I would've stood up for you. Plus my dad definitely would've done something."

"It's ok. What's done is done-"

"It's not ok, Taemin. None of this is ok." Minho paused to let out a breath before continuing. "I'm sorry. I'm just still trying to wrap my head around it."

"Do you...think differently of me now? Now that you know?"

His brows scrunched. "Absolutely not. You're still the Taemin I fell in love with and you'll continue to be. However, just knowing that someone had the nerve to do something like that to you pisses me the off. You didn't deserve that. You hear me?"

I nodded. "I'm just glad that I got that off my chest. I thought I would be crying, but I've cried enough over that . I just don't want to cry anymore. I want to finally be happy and stop being a crappy son to my dad. That's why I've cleaned up my act a bit. After telling them what happened to me, things got a little better between us. I was hoping the same could happen with me and you."

He kissed the top of my head. "Things will always be good between us. I love you so much, Taemin. I really do. You've been through so much this year, and whether you believe it or not, you're strong."

I scoffed. "Right. Strong. That's only because of you, really. I think I would've actually lost my sanity without you to balance me out. Thanks, Minho. Also, I'm sorry for bringing the mood down."

He chuckled lightheartedly. "Don't apologize. I don't think there's a happier way anyone could talk about this."

I looked up at him and smiled. "You're amazing. Thank you for being here."

"Anytime," he said as he leaned in for a kiss. 

"I'm surprised you still want to touch me, to be honest." 

"Because you were ? Tae, that's not your fault-"

I quickly pulled away before saying, "No, no. I'm sick, remember?"

He laughed as he placed his forehead to mine. "Right," he said quickly before kissing me anyway. "I like your germs. We can be sick together."

"Ew," I said as I playfully pushed him away. "You're disgusting."

"If it's disgusting to love your boyfriend, then I guess I'm the sickest person alive."

"Ok, can you stop being cheesy for five minutes? It's grossing me out."

He laughed a boisterous laugh as he pulled me back in for a side hug.  "I just want you to know that you are loved. I never want to see you hurt. I'll fight anyone who does it."

"What if you're the one who hurts me?"

"I guess I'll have to give myself a knuckle sandwich. Sounds pretty tasty if you ask me."

I couldn't stop snickering. Minho had quite odd humor, but it helped take my mind off of things. It reminded me why I loved him so much. 

Before I could reply with a witty comment, there was a knock at my door. It opened slowly to reveal Jonghyun. "Kibum told me to tell you guys it's getting late and Minho should be getting home."

I nodded my head. "Ok. We'll be out in a minute."

I'm not sure what came over me, but as soon as Jonghyun left, I felt tears welling up in my eyes. ". I thought I wasn't going to cry."

Minho smiled and gently wiped my tears before they could run down my cheeks. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I just-," I let out a huge sigh before smiling brightly. "It's hard to explain." I sniffed before continuing. "I'm not crying because of him. I'm crying because I'm relieved that I finally got that off my chest. That you finally know the truth. It feels so good, Minho, like a weight has been lifted. Ugh, I feel so stupid," I ended by rubbing vigorously at my eyes. 

Minho grabbed my hands to stop me. He whispered, "You're so cute, Taemin," before leaning in and pecking my lips. "I'm glad that you feel relieved. It makes me relieved. Just know that now that I'm here, you never have to go through anything like that again. I'll be your protector."

There was a short pause before I scoffed, "I'm not some damsel in distress, but thanks Romeo."

All jokes aside, what Minho said really did warm my heart. If anything, it made me that much more secure in our relationship. 

Minho responded playfully, "Just learn how to take a compliment, will ya?"

I snickered before nodding. At that, Minho started to slowly lean in causing me to do the same. I could feel my body getting anxious as Minho shortened our already close proximity. 

"Taemin!" I heard Daddy shout from downstairs. Minho and I quickly pulled away, me being annoyed that we couldn't finish what was almost started. 

"We're coming!" I responded so he wouldn't feel the need to burst into my room. I turned back to Minho and brought him in for a kiss. It was meant to be a peck, but when I felt Minho's tongue slip past my lips, there was no way I was turning back. 

We made out for a good two minutes before I confidently placed my hand onto Minho's crotch causing him to jump from the unexpected touch. In between kisses, he asked, "What about your parents?"

I pulled away with a groan before placing my head on Minho's shoulder. "Well we can't go down there semi-hard. May as well finish the job."

Minho burst out laughing. "Well I'm sure your dad would get suspicious as to why it's taking us so long to come downstairs. We should go now before we end up in an unexplainable situation."

That was true, and I knew it. I just felt so giddy and weightless since telling Minho about my past. I wanted to relay those emotions somehow and I guess the only way at the moment was making out with my boyfriend. It's a good sign though. At least when it comes to me being comfortable with the idea of with Minho. 

"Taemin," we heard my dad's voice as he walked up the stairs. 

I quickly separated myself from Minho and pushed him towards the bathroom. 

"Taemin, what the f-"

"Pretend like you have diarrhea or something!"

"What-" I shut the bathroom door and ran to sit on my bed. I picked up my phone to try not to look suspicious. 

Daddy opened the door with an annoyed look. "Tae, I know that you're going through some things, but you can't keep ignoring me."

"I know, Daddy. I wasn't trying to ignore you. I'm waiting for Minho to get out the bathroom."

"How long has he been in the bathroom?"

"Since Jonghyun came in here. I think he has food poisoning or something." I sent a text to Minho to come out and flush the toilet to make it seem believable. 

Daddy commented, "Oh, ok. I'll ask if he needs any medicine."

At that moment, a flush was heard followed by the sound of water running. Minho exited the bathroom while holding his stomach. He made a face that looked as if he was in pain. I had to hold back from snorting because Minho's commitment was admirable. 

"Hey, Mr. Kim," Minho said in a strained voice. 

Daddy stood up and placed a comforting hand on Minho's shoulder. "Hey. Are you ok? Do you need some medicine or something? Ginger Ale? Orange juice?"

"No, it's ok. Thanks though. I think I'll just head home and sleep it off."

Daddy nodded before saying, "It's getting late. Come on." He led the both of us downstairs before being dragged off the Jonghyun. 

"Leave them alone," I heard Jonghyun mutter to my dad before they both walked off to the kitchen. I was grateful for that. 

Minho and I walked outside and stopped by his car. "Nice acting," I chuckled behind my hand. 

"Ha, ha," Minho said sarcastically. "I was just trying to be as convincing as possible without getting us in trouble. It worked!"

"That it did. Anyway, thank you for coming back to me after our fight."

"I'm still really sorry about that. I'll work on better ways to handle my stress that don't involve me taking my anger out on you. I love you."

A smile crept on my face as Minho linked our hands. "I love you too. Guess I'll go head back inside now. I'm so tired."

Minho nodded, "Get some rest, Tae."

"You too. Also, if you're sick tomorrow, don't blame me," I giggled. 

"Right," he said before pecking my lips. "See you later, Tae."

"See ya." He unlinked our hands and got in his car with a wave. I didn't want him to leave, but of course, he had to. 

I turned around and walked back inside the house with a permanent smile on my face. I coughed lightly, still reminded of how sick I am. I tried to head up to my room, but was stopped by Daddy saying, "Taemin, come in here."

I groaned before walking into the kitchen where he and Jonghyun stood by the sink. "Yes?"

His expression softened, "It's nice to see you smiling again."

"Yeah? Well it's nice to be smiling again."

"So what did you guys talk about? Why were you so upset earlier?"

"Daddy-"

"Kibum," Jonghyun cut me off to get Daddy's attention. "Don't get in his business."

"Look, my child has finally gotten out of the rut he was in for most of the summer. I'm just worried about him falling back into his old ways. I'm not going to be the ignorant parent I was before that was too oblivious to the problems going on with my own child." 

"Key, I understand that. However, Taemin's 16 years old. At that age, did you tell your parents everything they wanted to know about your life?"

Daddy scoffed. "Just shut up, Jonghyun. You don't understand. I just want Taemin to be fine."

"But," I butted in awkwardly, "I am fine. Minho and I are find. My grades are fine. My friendships are fine. Everything's good, Daddy. I promise. But Jonghyun has a point. I'm thankful that you're interested in my life, but I also need privacy. I can't tell you every single thing that goes on between me and my boyfriend. That's weird."

Daddy sighed before walking over and pulling me into a hug. "Are you sure you're ok?"

"I'm ok."

"Ok," he kissed the top of my head. "Just know that I'm here for you. We can talk about anything."

"Ok, but there is one thing."

"What?"

I pulled back to look at him with a grin. "Stop getting mad at Jonghyun for being right. Stubbornness isn't cute."

Jonghyun burst out laughing. "Thank you!"

Daddy scoffed before playfully mushing Jonghyun in the face with his hand. "Oh, be quiet. Anyway, I'll work on it, Taemin. Is there anything else you want to relay?"

"No," I said before stretching and yawning. "I just want to sleep."

"Ok. Goodnight, baby."

"Goodnight, guys."

I rushed up to my room and closed the door before locking it. I flopped on my bed with a smile on my face. I smiled as I thought of everything that happened. Minho and I fighting, Dad coming over with his news, me telling Minho about my past. It was quite a day, but I felt like nothing could bring me down.

The only thing left to do was tell Jongin about what happened. He's the only person other than my family and boyfriend that I trust telling this to. But I would have to find the right time to tell him since he's so busy with being an idol on top of going to school.  

Either way, life is starting to look up. 

 


 

 

Hello, people! It's been awhile. That seems to always be my greeting. Sorry! It's just so hard to think if ideas when I have work and school. But as always, I promise this story will not be discontinued. It'll just have slow updates because I don't want to force myself to write. 

 

I hope you guys enjoyed! ^.~