Chapter 1

Partners

    Irene glowed with happiness. Her fellow members had worked hard during their debut, and even though they looked exhausted on the couch, they too felt proud. They had ended their first promotions and December was looming towards them. While they were excited at the idea of getting a good night’s rest, it was also awards season and their sunbaes were preparing their performances for the exciting end-of-year celebration.

 

    Even though they are rookies, they were nominated for 2 awards and honestly, Irene couldn’t have asked for more. She was surprised when their manager took them to lunch and informed them with a new, amazing opportunity.

 

“Girls, it seems that your hard work has payed off-” Their manager started. “Were we invited to perform at an event?” Joy interrupted excitedly. “No- wait, what? Yes you were! How-” He was once again stopped by all the girls screaming happily.

 

    Apparently they had been invited as one of the “super rookies” and were to perform their debut song, “Happiness,” and do a collab stage with the other rookies at Gayo Daejun. The girls began to rigorously practice the dances, and during breaks Wendy would help Seulgi with her pronunciation of the lyrics before they went in to record their cover of “Moves Like Jagger.”

 

   Currently now, they were on one of those breaks, but it was cut short by the sound of an alarm clock resounding throughout the room. Joy checked her phone, which told her that it was 23:00 and that their manager had brought their van to the front of the building to take them to their dorm. Irene gathered the girls together and together they lumbered down to the van, where Wendy and Joy immediately fell asleep. Seulgi initially tried to sleep, but the city lights distracted her, so she put in headphones to try to make time fly.

 

    Irene could only sit and wait to arrive home. She was a sensitive sleeper and sleeping in the car was next to impossible for her. Instead she stared out the van window and let her thoughts take her. She began to think about the collab stage again, as she was so nervous for it. She has worked with her labelmates many times, as they were like her family, but this felt different. No - it was different. She had never danced with someone outside of SM, and since she had no idea who her partner was to be, she only hoped that they were understanding of her shyness. Since Irene is very shy around those she is not familiar with, many often mistake that as cold or rude. This is something she has struggled with even before her debut with the girls.

 

    Irene sighed as the quiet city passed by them. She looked to her left and found that Seulgi had successfully fallen asleep. She silently laughed at the sight, as all three girls mouths were slightly ajar and bobbing with the moving car. They eventually arrived at the dorm and settled into their beds. Irene soon fell asleep, feeling thankful for her silly members, who walked like zombies to their mattresses, and nervous for the first rehearsal tomorrow morning with the other rookies.


Okay! So!

That was the first chapter of my story. So yeah no cute coupling yet as this is a pretty short chapter, but next chapter! I swear! It's happening!

It's been awhile since I've written any sort of fanfiction, so please let me know what you think so far of the story, even though I didn't provide much in this chapter. Also I apologize for any grammar/spelling issues, its 1:50 am and I'm not really feeling like beta reading.