The Promise

THE STRANGER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“It was just for a few times you know” I reasoned hoping he’ll spare me but he just stared at me waiting for my answer… “You’re really…” I sighed, “Fine” I raised a finger, “On one condition, you have to tell me yours as well. The truth!” I firmly said.

“Okay shoot” Jungkook grinned.

“Here goes’” I took a deep sigh, “It was every time… I’d feel uncomfortable but I acted like I don’t care” Safe enough; I convinced myself. “Your turn!”

“Uncomfortable… with me?” he asked. “No. On the situation” I explained.

“What situation?”

“Aissh… Just ask one question at a time”

“Okay” he laughed, “Mine. When I wanted to say and do things but I can’t because I was too shy”

“You don’t seem shy” I uttered, “Really?” he laughed, “yes really. So you were shy at me? Why?” I don’t get it. He was shy when he always told me cheesy things which is really embarrassing and looks at me straight in the eyes for a long time without blinking; where exactly is the ‘shy’ in that?

“I don’t know but I was really shy. So what situation is it?”

“You’re really curious?”

“Yes”

“Okay, I’ll make you a deal. If we come back to like what we are before and become better and truthful; I’ll tell you a secret I had before” I yawned, “Let’s just go back now and sleep. I want to see the sunrise tomorrow”

“I guess I’ll see it too” he smiled and got up, offering a hand for me, “Thanks” I took it and stood up.

“I’ll tell you a secret too when that happens” he said, “Fair enough” I started to walk back towards the house we rented and he ran to walk beside me. I remembered he did that a lot before which made me smile, “I’m glad we get to talk like that”

“Me too” he replied, “I felt lighter” he reached for my arm and held it, stopping me in my tracks; “Jaemi, goodnight” he smiled, “See you tomorrow” he waved goodbye and went to the other direction where their room was located. I could just smile as I entered our room.

 

I opened my eyes and turned off the alarm I set last night on my phone. I fixed myself hurriedly; I was excited to see the sunrise. “Yein!” I called out and she groaned, “What?”

“Aren’t you going to see the sunrise?”

“No” she muttered so I went out alone. It was still a bit dark and it was really cold so I tucked my hands in my pocket as I walked towards the shoreline. Jungkook was already there and greeted me as soon as he saw me, “Good morning”

“Good morning. You’re early” I sat next to him, “Is Jimin and Taehyung still asleep?”

“Yes and they kicked me when I asked them if they’re going”

I laughed, “Yein’s still asleep too. They’ll miss a great scenery” I turned to him and got cautious seeing him looking at me intently, “Jungkook, don’t you know it’s rude to look like that?” I said but he just smiled and kept looking, “Ya!”

“I want to tell you something”

“Then say it”

He looked away for a moment then looked back at me again, “I missed you” he said which surprised me, “You did?” I laughed, “Why would you miss me?” I asked considering we hadn’t really got attached to each other. We just hang around casually just whenever we can before.

“I just missed you” he replied, “Look, the sun is starting to show”

I turned towards the shore and my jaw dropped, “Wow” I uttered in awe. The sky is starting to lit up and the water gets lighter along with it. It was a breathtaking scenery and I felt bad for the others who wouldn’t see it.

“It’s beautiful” he uttered and I nodded in agreement as I continue to admire the scene in awe.

“You know I only got to sleep for a fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter