002

A Love Without Love

”I've got a surprise for you at home” I say.

”What is it?” he asks.

”I can not tell you dummy” 

”Oh really? Can you give me a clue then?” 

”Hmmm... No” I say while smiling at him brightly. 

”Pleeeeaseee” 

”No, you’ll like it. Okay?” I say as I lean in for a quick peck. 

”Okay” he says. Sounding a little bit grumpy. I give him another kiss before I take his hand. 

”Come on then” I say as we make our way out of the common room. 

When entering my apartment, my mother comes out from the kitchen. 

”Just in time” she says ”I hope I cooked it correctly [Y/N]” she whispers into my ear. I just nod as I lead Kai to the kitchen table. 

”Ta-dah!” I say ”it’s homemade bulgogi, I know you liked it when I cooked it last time so I figured it would be a good start to this night” I beamed at him. 

”Yum” he says as he sits down. My mom joins us as we eat and then we’re off to my room. 

”I just have to pack so we can go straight to your place after the surprise” I sing. He sits down on my bed and watch me get my stuff ready. After a while I walk toward my backpack for the last time, to take out my wallet. Kai looks at it curiously. I open it and take out two light pink papers and hand them over to him. 

”Surprise” I say. He turns them over and smiles at me while going in for a tight hug. 

”The Hobbit tickets! I knew it! You’re the best” I can only smile and respond to his kiss. 

 

”Sehun, do you think Kai will plan something for our six months anniversary?” I ask my friend while walking to his apartment one day. The sun is starting to set and we are surrounded by a cold breeze. I hug myself tighter as I hold on to my orange scarf. ”Because if not, I don’t know... Just... You know...” I begin. I can feel Sehun’s eyes on me. 

”What?” he asks after a few minutes of silence. 

”Maybe you could... I don’t know, discreetly make him understand that it’s important to me and that I would love for him to just ask me out on a date?” I say as I stare at the path in front of me. ”Just for once” I let out, quiet as a whisper. I turn my head towards Sehun and am met with warm eyes, but somehow there’s a sadness to them? 

”I’ll see what I can do” he finally says and I return my gaze to the concrete in silence. ”Hey” he says and I turn around to look at him. 

”What? Why did you stop?” I say.

”I want to play. You in?” 

”That depends on what we’re playing, duuuuh” I say with a low chuckle. 

”Okay, let’s just run. No, let’s make a course!” he steps closer and bends down a little, so that he is on my level. The cold wind catches my hair and makes it cover his face. I can not help the laughter from rising from my chest. Sehun laughs with me as he tries to get my hair out of the way.

”God damn it! Calm your hair [Y/N]!” he shouts while laughing. He finally frees himself and goes back to standing next to me, this time on the opposite side. 

”Okay. So, around that tree then back over there” he says as he points behind me ”do a ninja roll over that table and then come back here. When the other person is back we race towards my apartment. Deal?” he says with a childish smile. 

”Deal” I say before I take off my scarf and put it in my pocket, ready to run. Sehun begins and I wait for him to come back, preparing myself for the awesome ninja roll. As I sprint away I can’t help but giggle. I slip a little in the beginning because of the mud but then I let the wind catch my hair. It feels so easy with Sehun. I can say whatever I want, DO whatever I want- without feeling stiff. There is never an awkward silence when you are with Sehun. There is always something to do, if I do not know what- he will. He is more open than Kai. So warm, so loving. I know that I can always count on him if I’m down. When doing the ninja roll I pretend to fall off the table and I land on my stomach. 

”Aouch...” I let out as Sehun comes sprinting towards me.

”[Y/N]! Are you okay?!” he says with concern and as he squats down beside me I quickly stand up and start to sprint towards the building.

”Yah! That’s cheating!” he screams after me between laughter. I smile at his grumpy face and run as fast as I can, happiness filling my mind. Though I start to wonder, do I feel this with Kai? Have I EVER felt like this? Free? 

 

I stand on my toes, once again, to roam my eyes around the little square. Nothing. He is not here yet. I turn around toward the stage in front of me. I’m trying to enjoy it, I really am. But at the back of my mind, all I can think of is him never showing up. Someone knocks on my shoulder and I turn around, hoping it’s him. It is my friend, Taeyeon, she asks me if I’m okay. All I can do is shake my head. She knows I’m not fine. I’ve been hanging out with couples all day and he promised to come early. He didn’t. She gives me a look of sympathy and says something about talking to him when he gets here. IF he gets here. I feel my eyes start to tear up and I try to blink them away. It’s no big deal [Y/N]... Get it together. The music changes and everyone around me start to jump and scream. There’s a saxophone solo and the crowd is getting wilder by the minute. I think about leaving. Then I feel a hand on my arm. I turn around and there he is, smiling towards me. I don’t know what to do. I can still feel the tears trying to escape. He dances over towards Sehun and starts to go crazy, just like him. I know it’s his favorite band. 

 

As the show comes to an end I keep quiet. I just follow my group of friends a few steps behind. He comes up to me and says hi. I only nod. I’m so miserable and I don’t know why. Is this even a good reason? Suddenly Kai takes my hand and smiles that beautiful smile. 

”What’s wrong [Y/N]?” I try to hold it together but end up breaking down into tears. We stop and he pulls me tight. 

”[Y/N]...” he says

”I... I felt so lonely. All I saw was how happy everyone else was with their boyfriends and there I was, all alone” I say while almost choking on my tears. ”I didn’t want to bother you, I was afraid you would become mad. I know you want to hang out with your friends and that’s okay. I just... You said you’d come early, but you didn’t...” he pulls me closer and rests his head on top of my hair. 

”I’m sorry... God, I thought you were going to break up with me... [Y/N] look at me.” he says as he dries my tears ”If you ever feel like this again just say ‘hey, I miss you. Get your over here’ and I’ll come as fast as I can. I promise” he says as he smiles at me and I let out a small laughter. ”Now, do you want us to be alone for a little while?” I nod and he kisses me dearly. Though it will feel like those words were never spoken.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Yeeeeeah! New update! Sorry guys, I went to a concert and then I got so sick I didn't even have the energy to open my eyes xD I hope you enjoyed this and I'll see you next time!