Why don't you know?

Why don't you know?
Please log in to read the full chapter

BGM

 

 

 

“You’re too drunk already”

“Nope, I’m not”

“How would you know? You’re drunk.”

“How would you know? You’re never drunk. You don’t even drink.”

“Pffttt”

 

Yoseob bursts out laughing to his friend’s childish words. He slowly widens his apartment’s door to let Dujun in. The taller man is still wearing suits from a meeting earlier tonight, with his face red like a tomato.

 

“Your interpersonal skill is really high, huh? You can still be this good at talking back with damn high alcohol level in your blood.”

“Shaddupppp”

 

Dujun shouts and pushes himself into the square room like it’s his own room, but Yoseob puts his hand over Dujun’s lips in time before he wakes up the whole building. Yoseob drags Dujun to his couch before closing the door and getting some water for the guy in suits.

 

“Sleep here tonight. I haven’t cleaned my bed yet.”

“You’re not gonna ask me at all where I have been and ?”

“Why would I?”

“Well, I’m intruding your house, of course. This is not the first time too.”

 

Dujun asks with both of his eyes closed from the drowsiness. Yoseob gives Dujun a smile he won’t see and moves his hand toward Dujun’s hand. He stops mid-way and moves it to one of his shoulder instead.

 

“It’s not my business. My job is to just let you rest and get you ready for your work tomorrow, okay?”

 

He pats Dujun’s shoulder a few more times before getting up, heading to his bed. However, Dujun’s voice stops him before he does so.

 

“Why are you so good to me, man?”

 

He smiles and answers without turning back to look at his best buddy.

 

“You know why”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No, you really don’t know. I won’t let you know.

 

 

 

 

——————————————————

 

 

[6 YEARS AGO]

 

“Hey dude, come to your senses already. You only had a few shots.”

 

Yoseob complained, one arm holding the drunk Dujun and another slapping the guy’s face gently.

 

“You call five a few? Pfttt”

“That’s like very little drink you had”

“It’s different from wineeee THIS IS SHOTS!!! woopss!!”

 

Dujun shouted in rejection but the dizziness swung him too much to the left, resulting in both of them almost falling down.

 

“You jackass!!! Walk properly, gosh.”

“Wait until you’re drunk like mehhh”

 

Dujun yelled, loosening his uniform tie. Yoseob dragged Dujun to his bed before throwing him down with all of his power.

 

“Just stay quiet til I find you some warm water and some clothes to change. Don’t even dare falling asleep in that smelly clothes.”

 

Yoseob said with a laugh before turning off the bedside lamp and walking away to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

“Ya Get up and change”

“….”

“Ya Yoon Dujun!! wake up immediately!!”

 

Still no response from Dujun. Yoseob sighed and put the bowl of hot water and his overly huge pajamas down on the nearby table.

 

“First time visiting my room and you’re doing this, huh?”

 

He whispered with a grin and walked closer to Dujun. The smaller guy sat down on the floor so that his eyes are at the same level with Dujun's and stared at the handsome face for a while.

 

“If only you weren’t Dujun, I’d have left you outside, you know that?”

 

A small hand moved higher until it touched Dujun’s soft dark hair. A loving smile appeared on the child-like face while Yoseob kept on patting Dujun gently.

 

“You ever realized why I’m doing all this, Yoon Dujun?”

 

The stop and the hand moved lower to Dujun’s lips. Yoseob bit his lower lips softly, but looked away soon after. He teared up a little and gave himself a bitter laugh. No hope for you man. If people know you’re gay then you’re doomed. He turned back to the sleeping Dujun and smiled to the guy he knew since kindergarten.

 

“Dude…only if you knew…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“If you could know…”

 

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter