Talisman

The Player from Joseon Era

 

                                                                                                                 

 

 

 

Luhan was walking along Shilla Millennium Park while taking his break from the shoot. He's ear pods are plucked to his hears while he hums to the tune of the music playing on his phone. He didn't realize that he's walking too far from the set and just saw himself standing in the middle of nowhere. Typical Luhan.

 

"Oh my..."

 

He took out his phone and his hope died when he saw that there's no signal. He panicked and his eyes burns and the tears started to stream down on his cheeks. He was calming himself but when he heard a howl, he lost it at ran mindlessly. Not knowing where he is going, he stumbled on a clump of dried branches. He waited for the impact of the ground to collide with his body but he didn't expect to land on a strong limbs that is now around his body.

 

"Are you okay?" The man said.

 

The voice of the man sent shivers through his body. It is deep and somehow gentle. He slowly opened his eyes to take a look of his savior and he didn't expect what he saw.

The man was wearing Gat, the traditional hat from Jeoson Era, and he's wearing a red long Durumagi and Baji, the robes of the higher ups. His eyes are small, his nose is tall, and his lips are thin and pink, his skin is white, pale, but still enticing. Luhan was took out from his trance by the deep voice of the man.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Y-yes." He said and scampered to get up from the man’s embrace. He removed the dirt from his clothes and stood straight looking at the man.

 

"Who are you? W-why are you wearing that kind of clothes? Are you a stuntman? Are you an extra?"

 

The man smiled. "One question at a time please? I guess I traveled through time. I'm an official in the palace and I'm from the world 300 years ago." The man said as if he's saying the most normal thing in the world.

The stress from the fear and the things that the man said was too much for Luhan's brain that it started to malfunction and he felt dizzy. His head felt light and the last thing he saw was the man's gorgeous face.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                    

 

 

 

 

When he woke up, a wave of strong pounding of his head welcomed him. He can hear some beeping sound of machines near him. He opened his eyes and what he saw is white, all white. White walls, white ceiling, and white lights. He panicked and shouted...

 

"AM I IN HEAVEN?! OMG AM I DEAD?!"

 

Something collided with his head and that woke him up to reality that he's in the hospital.

 

"Ouch!"

 

"Stupid! You're in the hospital!" His manager said.

 

"Yah Baekhyun! You don't need to hurt me to tell me that. I hate you..." His eyes stung and the tears are ready to fall.

 

"You're so sissy. What happened to you huh? We found you in the middle of the forest lying on the ground. How did you even get there?!" Baekhyun shouted.

 

"You don't need to shout okay?" He covered his ears with his two hands to block Baekhyun, his manager's voice.

 

"I don't know. I'm just loitering around and then I found myself at the middle of the forest! And I met someone. He actually saved me from falling and-"

 

Luhan was cut when his manager asked him to repeat what he said.

 

“What?!”

 

"He saved me from falling-"

 

"You met someone?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Yes!" Luhan replied with full of excitement. "Did you know that he's gorgeous, his skin is so white and he's strong" Luhan giggled. "But it's strange because he's wearing a traditional clothes and he said he's an official from the palace in Joseon era."

 

"What?"

 

"I know. It's suspicious. You know I think he's on drugs." Luhan said while he scrunched his nose.

 

"Luhan, can someone look gorgeous after taking drugs?" His manager replied flatly.

 

Luhan put his finger on his chin, thinking. "Well, you have a point."

 

Baekhyun waved his hand and said, "I always have a point."

 

He stayed at the hospital for one week and not a single day he didn't dreamed of that strange man.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                    

 

 

 

 

Luhan never thought that their paths will cross once again. As he was fixing his things inside his van after the shoot, someone tapped on the window beside him.

 

"Asdfhghjl.." He clutched his chest when he looked at the window.

 

The man who saved him was standing outside his van now wearing normal clothes.

He opened the van's door and looked sideways to check if there are people around them. When he their surroundings are cleared, he held the strange man's arm and went to his personal car. He entered in his car and he waited for the man to enter. His patience was being tested when he saw the mas still standing outside, so he rolled down his windows down and told the man to go inside.

 

"Yah! What are you waiting for? Go inside! Someone might see us!" Luhan said but the man's answer made his sanity fade.

 

"I don't know how to."

 

"Oh my god..." He ran his hands on his face.

 

 

 

Luhan drove to the coffee shop near his house with the stranger. He even scolded himself for bringing some stranger with him in the car. He really is gullible. When they arrived at the coffee shop, they went to the most secluded area of the shop. He texted Baekhyun that he went first to his house because he's not feeling well.

The smell of the coffee lingering around. Silence filled them and silence is not his thing. He feels like his ears is gonna fall off when there's silence, so he talked.

 

"Why are you following me? Are you a stalker?"

 

 

The stranger smiled. "I told what I am. And I'm Oh Se Hun, again, an official of the palace and I travel time."

 

Luhan scoffed. "Do you think I'll believe you?"

 

"You don't need to. But I think you will because that's the truth and you're still talking to me." Sehun smiled.

 

His sanity was really near to vanish.

 

"So, Se Hun right?"

 

"Yes. Luhan"

 

Luhan gasped. "H-how did you know my name?!"

 

"I heard someone calling you in the woods. They're screaming "Luhan" so I guess that's your name."

 

Sehun's smile made his checks burn so he wanted to punch that smile off him.

After regaining his composure he resumed their talk.

 

"So why are you following me?"

 

Sehun's expression stiffened. "I'm searching for something, and you’re the only one I know in this world. Do you perhaps know where I can find the Joseon Chronicles?"

 

"Oh, I know! But it's late. Can you perhaps go back tomorrow afternoon?" Luhan asked.

 

"I can."

 

"Good. Uhmm." Luhan picked up his phone and search for the location of the library.

 

"Can you go to the park? It's 4 kilometers north from here." Luhan said.

 

"Kilo... Meters?" Sehun asked.

 

"Oh! Sorry sorry. The measurement is different. Wait." Luhan giggled. "It's 10 miles from here."

 

Sehun nodded. They bid their farewell that night and still, Luhan dreamed of a certain man named Oh Se Hun.

 

 

 

 

The next day, he took a bath two times and styled his hair for one hour before going to the park. He even wore his new designer clothes. He drove to the park and waited for Sehun. Seeing that the rain is far from stopping, Luhan thought that he may not show up. He slouched on the driver's seat and turned the radio on.

 

"He might not show up. Why am I even talking to him? I'm really am gullible." He knocked his head repeatedly by his first trying to portray his frustration.

 

"I don't know anymore..." He rested his head and closed his eyes. He's near to unconsciousness when someone knocked in on his window. He slowly opened his eyes and his gaze was met with a certain gentle gaze that's starting to get familiar.

 

Sehun entered his car and fixed his seatbelt. He looked at Luhan and smiled.

 

"Now I know how to enter the car, and to fix this." He said while pointing at the seatbelt.

 

Luhan laughed. "Well, you're smart huh?"

 

"Actually that's my quality that I can boast. I can easily adapt."

 

Luhan scoffed and started to drive. He's starting to think about throwing his sanity away.

They arrived at the library and went to search the Joseon Chronicles.

While going to the shelves, Sehun asked him.

 

"What's your occupation?"

 

"I'm an actor." Luhan proudly answered.

 

"Actor?"

 

"Actor. We portray characters from written stories. And to become an actor, you must be as good looking as me." Luhan said, and gave Sehun his signature wink.

 

Sehun laughed. "Why? You don't think I'm good looking?" Luhan gasped. He's used to people praising him for his looks. And now he met someone who mocked his looks.

 

"I didn't say anything." Sehun giggled as he passed by Luhan.

 

"Aish! Oh Se Hun!" Luhan stomped his feet like a child while catching up to Sehun.

 

They stayed at the corner of the reading area so no one can recognize him. He sat beside Sehun while he reads.

 

"What are you reading?" Luhan asked.

 

"I'm reading Kim Suk Jong's life. Here here, you see my name?" Sehun pointed a certain paragraph in the book.

 

"Oh Se Hun." Luhan reads.

 

"Look at here. Oh Se Hun, born on the twelfth day of the fifth month. That's when I was born." Sehun said.

 

"Really? My birthday is on twentieth, same month as yours."

 

Their conversation consist of Sehun enlightening Luhan about Joseon Dynasty.

 

"In your time, when you're happy and you want to share it with somebody, what do you do?" Sehun asked smiling.

 

Luhan put his finger on his temple as if thinking. "Ahh, you hug someone!"

 

"You can do that here?" Asked Sehun who is somehow shocked.

 

"Yes! Of course. You can do that he-" Luhan was cut when he felt a pair of strong arms circled around his body. His face heated and his heart was abnormally beating.

Sehun untangled his arms from Luhan and stared at him.

 

Luhan was blushing and was feeling conscious with Sehun's gaze.

 

"You.." Luhan pointed his finger to Sehun.

 

"You're really a player."

 

"Player? Hahaha." Sehun giggled.

 

"Hmp!" Luhan smacked Sehun's arm and faced his back on him, still trying to get back his normal tone because he knows that he resembles a tomato right now.

 

He faced Sehun and said. "Stop laughing!"

 

Sehun continued to laugh saying "You're pretty even if you're angry."

Luhan nearly died from Tachycardia that moment and he thought his lower limbs will get numb because his blood rushed to his face whenever Sehun did something.

While Luhan was away to drink, Sehun continued to read and after reading the King's life, he became curious about his. He flipped the pages until he found what he's looking for. He found his name and it reads...

 

 

"King Suk Jong's 20th year, on the 12th day of the 5th month Official Oh Se Hun was exiled and tortured to death because of treason. He was framed up by Minister Kim Min Ah..."

 

Luhan came back and Sehun closed the book.

 

"Are you finished?" Luhan asked.

 

"A-ah, yes."

 

"Come on, let's go."

 

Sehun fixed his things and left with Luhan. While they're waiting for the elevator, they heard some hushing.

 

"Isn't that Luhan? The model, actor?"

 

"Oh! It's him!"

 

Sehun felt Luhan stiffened. Luhan presses the elevator button repeatedly.

 

"No, no." Luhan said. He tried to hide his face with his jacket but it's no use because his fans already went near him.

 

"You're Luhan right?" The fan asked.

 

"Ah, yes." Luhan replied with a smile.

 

"Can I have your autograph?" With this, many people swarmed around Luhan discovering that he'll give autographs.

 

The elevator opened and Sehun went in but Luhan didn't because he's trying to accommodate his fans who wants his sign. He starting to get uncomfortable because some are taking pictures. He tried to cover his face with his hands, and squirmed to get out from the crowd but he failed.

 

Sensing something wrong, Sehun pressed the open button of the lift and went out to grasp Luhan's hands and pulled him inside. He covered Luhan's body with his to block the cameras and pressed the button of the elevator. When the elevator closed Luhan stared at their intertwined fingers, and when Sehun saw this he immediately untangled his.

 

"Uh-uh I'm sorry. It's just, I need to pull you." Sehun explained.

 

"No, it's okay." Luhan said.

 

"I guess my presence just cause you trouble. You don't need to fetch me to the park. I can just go from here." Sehun said.

 

"Here?!" Luhan was shocked with what Sehun said. He felt need for Sehun's presence. He can't leave like that.

 

When Sehun is about to leave Luhan stopped him.

 

"N-no. You should b-be a gentleman atleast before you go." Luhan said stuttering. He fiddled his fingers thinking for something to stop Sehun from leaving.

 

"Why? Is there an etiquette here before parting?" Sehun asked.

 

"Y-yes! There is!"

Luhan pressed the elevator's close button, and when the door closed, he immediately grabbed Sehun's face and kissed him.

 

Sehun was dumbfounded with what Luhan did. Luhan's lips was somehow addictive because of its soft texture and sweet taste.

 

When Luhan broke the kiss, Sehun smirked.

 

"Really Luhan?"

 

"Y-yes! Th-that's the way of s-saying goodbye here!" Luhan said crossing his arms.

 

"If you say so." Sehun giggled.

 

"That's trueeeee~"

 

Sehun comes back later that he thought to his world because Luhan kept insisting that it really is an etiquette to seal a goodbye with a kiss.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                   

 

 

 

Their meetings continued and this time, Luhan planned to introduce Sehun to Baekhyun. He again fetched Sehun from the Park. It became their meeting and parting place whenever Sehun will appear. Luhan, believed that Sehun is really a time traveller and whenever Sehun came, he brought some clothes to stop Sehun from stealing clothes. They went shopping together and he bought Sehun sets of clothes.

 

"Do I really need that vast amount of clothes?" Sehun asked whilw pointing a mountain of clothes in the cashier.

 

"Yes. You need those so you won't steal clothes anymore. What if the police arrest you?" Luhan said while fitting clothes to Sehun.

 

"Is Police the same with constables?"

 

"You really are fast to adapt huh?" This made Luhan smile. Sehun is really smart. He even got the first place in Gwaego. At first He didn't believe in it but Sehun make him read the story of his life and there, he witnessed how many exams he top notched.

 

After shopping, they went to a coffee shop near the shooting area.

 

“You should try their green tea here. It’s yummy~”

 

“Sure.”

 

Luhan went to the cashier to order and told Sehun to sit at his chosen table. After ordering, Luhan sat in front of Sehun carrying the tray that contains their order.

 

“What’s that?” Sehun pointed the cup Luhan was holding.

 

“This? Ah… It’s coffee. You should try it, it’s good!” Luhan said excitedly. His eyes beaming with happiness because he’s a coffee lover. He can’t let a day pass without coffee.

 

Luhan handed his cup to Sehun which the man sipped and had a taste, unfortunately, Sehun didn’t like the taste of the coffee and nearly spitted out the content of his mouth. His face scrunched up which made Luhan giggle.

 

“You’ll get addicted to it when you stay here longer.” Luhan said while giggling.

 

Now, Sehun was staring at the tall plastic cup in front of him. The liquid content is colored and it’s brown and there’s also black pearl like balls at the bottom. He inspected by smelling and his eyes widened because of a familiar smell that tickled his sense of smell.  Luhan smiled at the sight.

 

“I-Is this tea?” Sehun exclaimed with his mouth agape. The tea back in Jeoson era is clear in color or green but this is in the same color as the soil. And when he touch the cup, it is cold. That made him intrigued.

 

“It’s called Bubble Tea! It’s tea with milk then they put chocolate in it that’s why its brown. And those little pearls underneath is tapioca balls. It’s sweet! Try it!” Luhan explained, smile never left on his face.

 

Sehun was intrigued by its taste to he took a sip from the straw. Luhan leaned to on the table, biting his lips, anticipating Sehun’s reaction with Bubble Tea. Sehun felt the tapioca balls touched his tongue and liquids taste bursted on his mouth. He can taste the tea and the milk and the cocoa too. He swallowed the liquid after tasting it, then he bit the tapioca ball. The sticky texture surprised him but still the fascination on his face is very obvious.

 

“Mmm… It’s tasty.” Luhan was very satisfied with Sehun’s reaction.

 

He smiled and leaned back on his chair. He took a sip on his cappuccino, but at as the cup left his lips, the foam of the coffee lingered on his upper lip. He was oblivious to this and even gave Sehun a smile that nearlu reached his eyes. Sehun laughed at the sight. He lifted his hand across the table and wiped Luhan’s upper lip. Luhan flinched with the touch. He somehow felt an electricity when Sehun’s finger touched his lip.

 

“Asdfhjkl.. uh.. w-what...” Luhan spluttered some incoherent words.

 

This time, it’s Sehun who smiled widely, his eyelids nearly hide his eyes with his blinding eyesmile. Sehun chuckled at Luhan’s face.

 

“You have something on your lips.” Sehun explained.

 

“You’re really a player!” Luhan exclaimed, patting and fanning his now tomato red cheeks.

 

Sehun just laughed it out. Luhan’s embarrassed face will always be his favorite.

 

“Why do you keep calling me player? I don’t even know what it means.”

 

“Those who do things you do are players!” Luhan said.

 

Sehun left speechless and laughed at Luhan. He enjoyed his time with Luhan and his bubble tea.

 

 

 

Their next itinerary is to visit the shooting site. Because he wants Sehun to know him more. His plans vanished when Sohyun saw them. Her stilettos making sounds as she walks through the tiled floor. She's wearing red dress with low neckline enough to boast her healthy plump chest.

 

"Oh, look who's here." Soyhyun said. Her eyes traveled from Luhan to Sehun. "And who's this young man?"

 

Sehun looked at Luhan as if asking permission if he can talk to her. What he received is Luhan's tightening grasp on his arm.

 

"I'm Oh Sehun..." Sehun introduced himself.

 

"Oh. Se. Hun. Nice name, it suits you." Luhan felt a pang in his heart when Sohyun linked his arms on Sehun. Sohyun pulled Sehun away but she was shocked when Sehun resisted. He looked at Sehun and what she received made her blood boil.

 

"I'm sorry, but I'm not yet finished introducing myself. I'm Oh Sehun, Luhan's boyfriend." Sehun smiled.

 

Luhan looked like a deer caught in the headlights. His eyes can resemble saucers. He was shocked to hear this word from Sehun.

 

Sohyun stumbled with what she heard. Sehun held Luhan's hand and continued to walk leaving Sohyun.

 

"B-boyfriend?" Luhan asked. "How did you know that word?"

 

Sehun brought out a notebook. "I bought this guide so I can communicate well." Sehun said.

 

"D-do you even know what that does mean?!"

 

"Lover." Sehun replied. "A-am I not your lover?"

 

Luhan wants to take back everything he said. Sehun's expression was soft. He looked like a kicked puppy and it's not healthy for Luhan's heart.

 

"Y-yah. Stop doing that face." Luhan placed his hand on Sehun's face. "Of course you're my lover." Sehun's smile was brought back with Luhan's words.

 

With that, Sehun's visit became frequent.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                   

 

 

 

 

Sehun and Baekhyun is sitting in Luhan's living room.

 

“So Luhan told me everything and ofcourse I’m a normal human so I won’t believe you. How can you even time travel?” Baekhyun scoffed.

 

Sehun smirked. “Sincerity and truth are the basis of every virtue.” He answered.

 

“What?” Baekhyun was confused with Sehun’s remarks.

 

“It’s Confucius’s saying.” Sehun smiled. “I learned and memorized his words by heart, because that’s what we learn in Sungkyungkwan.”

 

Baekyun was stunned with what Sehun said. “I think I’m crazy because I think I’m starting to believe you oh my gosh.”

 

“Well, what’s your parents’ occupation?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“My father is a Government official.” Sehun answered.

 

“Oh, so his family is powerful!” Beakhyun whispered. He cleared his throat and proceeded to his interrogation. “Where do you live?”

 

“Bukchon.”

 

“Bukchon!?” Baekhyun exclaimed. His eyes the same size of a saucer. “This guy is loaded!”

 

Sehun laughed.

 

“So do you really love Luhan?”

 

"Ever since I was born, I had never gone up to my mother and said 'Mother, buy that for me. I really like it.' And even as I was growing up, I never thought, 'Oh I want these clothes', or .I want this thing' or had a real desire for anything. But for the first time, I really wanted something, and I didn't' wan't to let it slip away.Did Luhan told you that for me to get in this world, I risk my life. This is somehow my afterlife. I need to be killed to be able to get here.” Sehun said while smiling. “Does that show my love to him?"

 

Baekhyun was dumbfounded but he felt his heart swelled with what Sehun said. Killing yourself just to meet Luhan is….

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun insisted to have a talk with Sehun without him. And here he is, fidgeting in his kitchen.

 

 

"What if Baekhyun won't believe him? What if he thinks he's crazy? What if he wo-"

 

Luhan's thinking was cut by Bakehyun's voice.

 

"Luhan!"

 

Luhan stumbled on his carpet walking as fast as he can to get to his living room.

 

"W-what?" He asked nervously.

 

"Passed." Baekhyun said flatly.

 

"Really?!" Luhan was shocked because knowing Baekhyun, he'll never allow Luhan to have relationship especially to someone who came from Joseon Era and time travelled to the future.

 

"Well, he said he'll show me how he travels from future to past because I'm not yet convinced with that." Baekhyun said.

 

"I know it’s hard to believe but what he says is true." Luhan said.

 

“But Sehun…” Baekhyun shifted his gaze from Luhan to Sehun.

 

“You should protect your lips because this kid here is very impulsive! He will trick you just to do things.” Sehun laughed with what Baekhyun said.

 

“Y-Yah! Baekhyun! That’s not true.” Luhan said.

 

“Can I ask you a question then?” Sehun asked Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun nodded.

 

“What is the parting greeting in this world?” Sehun said.

 

Luhan’s eyes nearly dropped.

 

“Uhmm, you can shake hands or wave your hands. Why?” Baekhyun answered.

 

“Nothing.” Sehun replied.

 

As if sensing what happened, Baekhyun smirked to a red as tomato Luhan. Sehun and Baekhyun continued to laugh making Luhan more embarrassed.

 

 

That night, Baekhyun saw how Sehun travels.  

 

 

 

                                                                                                                    

 

 

 

 

Sehun stayed at Luhan’s place whenever he spends a night in the present world. They sleep together in Luhan’s bed. One night, Sehun watched Luhan as he fix his things. Sehun picked up Luhan’s black thin neck tie and inspected it.

 

“Luhan, what’s this for?” Sehun asked stil looking at the neck tie.

 

Luhan’s focus from tidying his things left when Sehun called for his attention. When he saw what’s Sehun is looking at he skipped childishly to Sehun and grasped the neck tie from Sehun’s hold.

 

“This is a neck tie!” Luhan said with much excitement.

 

“And what’s its use?”

 

Luhan smirked. “The husband would stand like this and every morning his wife will tie this for him.” Sehun listened as Luhan circled the necktie around his neck. Luhan giggled as he saw how concentrated Sehun’s face is.

 

“Then their eyes would meet and a feeling would grow.” Luhan carefully lifted his gaze from Sehun’s chest to his eyes. Sehun stared at Luhan’s brown sparkling doe-like eyes. And he was surprised when Luhan pulled the neck tie and kissed him. Luhan giggled and buried his face on his sturdy chest.

 

He laughed at Luhan. “What kind of lustful world is this?”

 

Luhan lifted his head and asked Sehun with his expression down. “So, what, do you not like it?”

 

“How could I not like it? It’s lustful and very good.” Sehun said flatly, his face displaying no emotion.

 

Luhan chuckled at Sehun’s words. He felt a tingle on his stomach when he heard Sehun’s words. The butterflies on his stomach gone wild.

 

“Do you want to know the purpose of the stool over there? Should I tell you?” Luhan asked as he pull the necktie around Sehun’s neck towards the stool.

 

“I am curious. To see if you’ll come up with another absurd kissing explanation.” Said Sehun chuckling, as he follows where Luhan wants to go.

 

 

The next morning, Luhan was making breakfast for them when Sehun came down from their bedroom. Luhan giggled at the sight. Sehun’s hair is sticking everywhere as he squints his eyes and rub it with his right fist. Cute.

 

“Good morning.” Sehun greeted groggily.

 

“Good morning to you too!” Luhan replied. He placed the knife on the kitchen counter and went to the living room where Sehun is standing.

 

“The food is not yet finished,” Luhan grabbed the remote control lying on the coffee table. “You can watch TV if you are bored.” But Luhan didn’t expect what happened next.

 

Sehun grabbed his face and kissed him, hard. Luhan spent seconds to realize what’s happening and after realizing, he then responed to Sehun’s kiss, but broke down immediately. Sehun’s lips tried to capture his again but he pushed him lightly. He looked at Sehun’s eyes straight as if reading what’s running on his mind. Sehun asked him why he stopped.

 

Luhan shrugged and said. “Didn’t you say that my impulsive personality was a big problem?” He said playfully.

 

“That impulsiveness of yours is very attractive.” Sehun said with a serious expression.

 

Luhan smiled and tip-toed to accommodate Sehun’s height as he crashed their lips together. He smiled to their kiss. Their lips dancing together. He put his feet on Sehun’s. Sehun then placed his hand to his lower back and started to waltz. Luhan deepened the kiss. He kissed Sehun hard, so hard that he want to put imprint to Sehun’s lips to proclaim that he is his. Sehun reciprocated the emotion as he bit Luhan’s lips. He kissed Luhan senselessly, wanting to say to Luhan he loves him.

 

Let’s just say that, that day became full of kisses.

 

 

 

                                                                                                                  

 

 

 

Luhan and Sehun continued their relationship. Sehun's traveling through time for six months and with that six months, it's only today that Luhan felt like somethings wrong. While Sehun's showering in his bathroom, looked at Sehun's talisman and held it. This is the first time he felt an urge to burn it, to tear it, to destroy it so Sehun can stay with him forever. Something is telling him that Sehun won't come back again and it makes him uncomfortable.

He was startled when a pair or strong arms wrapped around him.

 

"What's bothering you? Why are you holding my talisman?" Sehun asled as he peppered Luhan's neck with kisses.

 

Luhan placed the talisman back to the nightstand as he faced Sehun. "Can you not go back to the past?"

 

Luhan looked at Sehun straight in the eyes, trying to deliver his feelings to Sehun.

 

"Can you just stay with me?" Luhan's eyes stung. He didn't realize he's crying until he felt Sehun's thumb brushing his tear stained cheeks.

 

"You know I cant." Sehun said gently. "I have things to fix in the palace."

 

Luhan's intuition was dominating his thoughts so Sehun decided to distract him by making love. That night, they made love for the first time, second time and third time until Luhan felt tired and sleepy. And the last thing Luhan heard nefore unconsciousness draped him was Sehun's voice saying...

 

"Sleep now, I won't leave you. I'll come back."

 

What didn't Luhan heard was Sehun's last words.

 

"I'll do my best to come back." And with that, Sehun's tears escaped in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

In the morning Luhan woke up alone on his bed. He searched for Sehun despite his aching bottom, in the bathroom, livingroom, and in the kitchen, but still no Sehun.

Luhan started to panic when he saw a paper with adornes with scrawny hand writing and a velvet box on his nightstand.

 

"It's a letter from Sehun..."

 

 

My love, I'm sorry I didn't perform our parting greeting. I didn't have the heart to wake you up because it seems like you're having a deep sleep.

Don't worry, I'll do my best to come back.

 

 

And with the next words Luhan broke down.

 

 

If I didn't make it I'll still be with you Luhan. There is my gift to you. It's a sign or our love. I too have the same. Luhan, I love you. Please wait for me and if you don't have the strength to wait for more, make yourself happy, forget me if you want, but remember I will always love you. If I didn't make it, I will still watch you from afar. But I’m assuring you that I’ll definitely comeback.

 

Love, Sehun

 

 

Luhan broke down. He was sitting on his carpeted floor beside his bed clutching his chest. He reached for the velvet box, and with the strength that remains in his body, he opened it. A silver band welcomed him. His tears leaked from his eyes. He wanted to scream, he wanted to call for Sehun but the strength in his body left.

He scampered to get his phone and with his trembling fingers he dialed Baekhyun's number.

 

"B-baek?" Luhan sniffed.

 

"Luhan? Are you crying?"

 

"B-baek, pl-please bring me t-the Joeson C-chronicles... P-please." Luhan pleaded. He has a feeling that he can find the answers in that book.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                      

 

 

 

Sehun walks down on his house. He picked up the scroll he wanted to give to the king. It’s the list of the officials that conspire to kill the queen. After picking up the scroll, he ran to the palace, not minding those people who blocks his way. He needs to give the scroll first before the officials give the King the wrong details. If this happened, his life is at danger. He will get killed. His feet was aching from all the running but he didn’t mind it because the only thing that’s on his mind is Luhan.

 

“I’ll come back, promise.”

 

But what he didn’t expect is when the royal guards blocked his way from entering the King’s place.

 

“N-no…” Sehun whispered.

 

Minister Kim Min Ah smirked as the royal guards tied Sehun’s hand. Sehun can’t believe what’s happening. This can’t be happening. Since when did his calculation failed? His eyes started to sting as the royal guards pulled him to the prison. He didn’t felt the pain from the tightness of the rope that’s circling his wrist. The pain he felt is on his heart. Because he knows that Luhan will suffer, Luhan will suffer if he won’t go back.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                        

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun came with the book. He entered Luhan's bedroom and he felt weak when he saw Luhan's frail state. He rushed and crouched beside him placing the book on the floor.

 

"What happened?" Asked Bakehyun.

 

"B-baek.. He mi-might not c-come back." And with that Luhan let out a new set of tears while Baekhyun cradling him.

 

When Luhan stopped crying, they opened the book and went to the chapter where Sehun's life is written. Luhan scanned the page and a certain date captured his attention.

He grasped Baekhyun's hands, who is also searching in the book, and asked.

 

"B-baek, w-what is the date today?" Luhan's breathing became rapid, his heart thumping on his ribcage.

 

Baekhyun reached out for his phone and looked at the date.

 

"It's April 20 Luhan. It's… your birthday."

 

Baekhyun was riddled when Luhan cried. What's with his birthday? What's with the date? He became curious and looked at the page where Luhan was reading.

 

"…King Suk Jong's 20th year, on the 12th day of the 5th month Official Oh Se Hun was exiled and tortured to death because of treason. He was framed up by Minister Kim Min Ah..."

 

Baekhyun was stunned with the information he read. It's unbelievable. He even met Sehun yesterday and now he's.... dead?

Baekhyun looked at Luhan's state. He hugged him tight, as if hugging him can lessen his feelings. If he can just share Luhan's pain he will. He can't bear to see Luhan like this. So broke.

Luhan cried. He cried until his tears dried. He kept on touching the ring on his finger saying convincing himself that Sehun will come back. Sehun will fulfill his promise.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                  

 

 

 

Sehun was placed in the prison for three days. His execution will happen in the next three hours, in front of the king. He once again looked at the now black talisman. It looks like it’s burned and whenever he tried to time travel, he fails.

 

“Luhan...” He whispered to no one but himself and the stars in the sky that stares back at him.

 

He brought out the neck tie from his robe. It’s Luhan’s neck tie. He’s losing hope, and thinking that Luhan will suffer is killing him. So what he did is he fixed the neck tie on the ceiling and pulled a stack of hay to accommodate the height of the neck tie and inserted his head to the loop. He’s now willing to die. He can’t endure the pain anymore. His heart can’t wait for three more hours. Not seeing Luhan is considered as death for him. He closed his eyes and kicked the stack of hay that accommodates to the height of the tie, and the loop of the neck tie tightened to his neck. The passage of air in his body constricts. Luhan is still on his mind while the tie circled on his neck tightened more, continuously cutting his air.

 

“L-luhan.. I-I love y-…” He’s being draped by unconsciousness when a familiar voice rang on his head.

 

“Sehun… Sehun… My dear Sehun.”

 

He saw himself standing in the middle of the temple where he and his father used to visit when he was a kid.

 

“Sehun… Sehun…” Called someone.

 

“Reverend? R-reverend is that you?” Sehun asked. He was looking everywhere to look for the source of the voice. He saw a gate that releases a strong white light. He became curious and he planned to go near the gate, but when he lifted his feet, a hand pulled him back. He whipped his head back and the person he was looking for was now standing in front of him. An old man that wears an orange robe, his head is bald and his eyes are one of the gentlest eyes Sehun saw in his life. Sehun smiled. The face and touch of the monk really gives him comfort.

 

“Sehun…” The monk smiled to him, and he can feel the gentle touch of the monk in his arms. “I’m afraid that something’s bothering to my most favorite child.” The monk said.

 

Sehun didn’t realize that tears escaped from his eyes, until he felt the monk wiped away his tears. “R-reveend, am I dead?” Asked Sehun.

 

The monk chuckled. “Do you want to Sehun?” Asked the monk.

 

“N-no. Actually, I-I want t-to go back. Not in m-my time…” Sehun said. The monk knows what Sehun will say and he can feel the loneliness and desperation in Sehun’s words. “b-but in his t-time.” Sehun didn’t made it and he slumped on the wooden floor of the temple. His body felt weak when Luhan’s image showed on his mind. His knees became wobbly and the strength in his body succeed in leaving him. The monk sat in front of him and held his hand.

 

“My dear, love can conquer everything. Love can conquer pain, fear, loneness, and even time.” The monk cupped Sehun’s face. The monk’s heart broke at the sight. His favorite child looks so broken. The Sehun he knew is strong, his face showing no emotion, his body looks sturdy standing tall. But now, a different Sehun was on his front. His body slumped on the floor, looking weak, his eyes can’t stop releasing new set of tears, and his nose is so red because of too much sniffing. “My child, do you believe in love.” Asked the monk.

 

Sehun looked for anything in the monk’s eyes, but the thing he only see is… hope, and love. “Y-yes. I d-do believe.” Sehun successfully said, fighting his hiccups.

 

The monk gave him a gentle smile, and a hug the same touch that gives Sehun comfort. “Go on child. Follow the light, follow your heat, believe in love and you’ll conquer everything.” The monk said as he released the broken Sehun from his ams.

 

Sehun stood up and started to walk to the gate that emits a bright white light. He unlocked the latch and opened the gate. Before he stepped inside, he took one last look from the monk and bid his farewell. The monk smiled as he look at Sehun while entering the gate.

 

When Sehun stepped inside, the monk closed his eyes chanted….“By the power of God… “

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                    

 

 

 

 

 

A year have passed and still Luhan went to the park every day just to see if Sehun came back, and every single day he went, still no Sehun. Luhan cried every night. Baekhyun stayed with him so someone can take care of him.

 

One night while lying on his bed with Baekhyun.

 

"Baek, I should have burned the talisman before that day. Did you know that I had a feeling, want, a desire to destroy that talisman before he left me?" Luhan said with his wavering voice.

 

"Really? Well, you have a nice intuition." Baekhyun said hugging Luhan, knowing that his friend will soon break down.

 

"And I wish I don't."

 

And that night, tears spilled from Luhan's eyes. Tears that carries loneliness, longing, and regret. Only Baekhyun and the stars heard his pleas, and questions, but no one dared to answer. And that’s the last night where everyone beside Luhan forget about Sehun. His identity ans memories are removed from everyone beside Luhan.

 

Two years have passed and Luhan still wears the ring but this time he's much stronger. He's now back to work and his career bloomed after his comeback. He had many endorsements, dramas, and guesting’s.

And today he was invited to give the award to the topnotcher of the Law Licensure exam and he didn't even know who it is because he's busying himself with everything, so he doesn't have a time to watch T nor to read newspaper. But his manager already met this awardee and told him that he's good looking and that is also a factor why he became popular aside from his intelligence.

Luhan was curious how did Baekhyun met this man. Does a manager's job is to meet everyone that his artists will meet?

 

 

Luhan was on the way to the awarding ceremony with Baekhyun.

 

"You know Luhan, this awardee is near to your ideal type." Baekhyun said out of the blue.

 

"Baek, can you stop? You know I don't have interest in relationships right now." Luhan said frowning. He touched the silver band on his left ring finger. He still can't love anyone else other than Sehun. Even if in everyone else’s life, Sehun was forgotten, in his heart, he’ll never be forgotten because Sehun’s name is engraved in his heart.

For two years, many suitors tried to court him but his heart is still with that man so he declined them all.

 

Baekhyun just smiled. "We'll see."

 

When they arrived at the awarding ceremony, Luhan went straight to the tent to fix himself. After some retouching, the ceremony started. Luhan was standing in the stage together the the host and the president of the Lawyers organization in Korea. He's getting impatient with the introduction of the host saying the accomplishments of the awardee.

 

"What's so good about him? Why is everyone fussing around because of him?" Luhan whispered.

 

"...He studied Law in Stanford University and had been an outstanding student. He came back to Korea to get the licensure exam and he aced it. He said that his inspiration is his lover whom he will meet on the future..."

 

Luhan's attention was captured with what the speaker said. His throat dried, and his heart skipped a beat. What the speaker said is too familiar. And feeling agitated he wished that the host will finish the long speech and just introduce this person.

 

"... So let's now welcome, Mr. Oh..."

 

"Se" Luhan and the host said at the same time. It felt like the time slowed down and he's feeling giddy all of a sudden.

 

He didn't hear the last syllable of the awardees name because of the clapping of the audience and the music that is booming through the speakers. But as the awardee went to the stage, he doesn't need the host to repeat the name because he knows what the last syllable of the name. He knows it by heart.

 

"Hun"

Luhan's heart swelled as he saw Sehun walking on the stage. He never changed. His physique is still the same, and those smile is still the same. It's still the same, it still can make his heart go wild.

 

 

 

When Sehun stepped inside, the monk closed his eyes chanted….“By the power of God… you will be reborn, you will reincarnate in his time and continue your life….”

 

 

 

His knees wobbled as Sehun stood in front of him. His vision became blurry and he tried to stop the tears by biting on his lower lip.

 

"Hi, Mr. Luhan." Sehun said while smiling.

 

He leaned down and whispered "I missed you so much."

 

 

 

 

“…And by the power of Love and time, both of you will meet, having the same feeling burning in your hearts.” The monk finished his chant smiling.

 

 

 

“Y-you’re such a p-player.” And a tear escaped from his eyes.

 

Luhan didn't wait for anything and he suddenly grabbed Sehun's nape and crashed their lips together. The audience gone wild even though they're confused, but they felt the love radiating from the couple.

 

Their lips danced together and they even last forever kissing but their body needed air so Sehun break the kiss and wiped the tears streaming down Luhan's face.

 

 

 

"You came back." Luhan said

 

 

 

"I told you I'll come back." Sehun answered.

 

 

 

That night, Luhan cried, but this time, he has someone cradling him, those familiar strong arms. Luhan bursted in tears, tears containing joy, happiness, fulfillment, and love. That night Sehun and the stars heard his pleas and question, but this time he got answers.

 

 

 

 

And you can see Baekhyun kissing someone at the back stage. Someone who's tall, someone who's also a lawyer, someone who's known as Sehun's bestfriend, someone who's named Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 


 

I came back! Wohoo! I hope you like it omg this is a trash. TAT I'm currently editing the chapter 1 of the Hunhan side story of Tangled Red Stings of Fate. It's just when I'm rewatching Queen In Hyun's Man, I had an Idea, which gave birth to a prompt, then it became a drabble, and grew into a oneshot.

 

Well, forgive my grammar, it's not my Eglish is not my main langauge. FORGIVE MEEEEEEEEE for being a trashy author. 

 

Thankyou for reading this, ahlavyah. Even tho it's trashy. Please comment. Spill your thoughts on the comment box. I wanna know your point of view after reading mah story. Jebal jebal. Subscribe also! Hihihihi.  love you reader! /throws kisses/ 

 

P.S. I need Baekyeol because I'm a Baekyeol trash. Their interactions nowadays gives me laayf. Huuhu mah Chanbaek Hart. <3

 

THANKYOU AGAIN!