Final

Ideal man

Amber opens the door to a brightly grinning Snoopy.

“Hey Ammmm, welcome back from the army!”

She makes a face but shifts to let him enter the apartment anyway “I was already home since yesterday, thanks for your consideration, bro”

“I know you were. But I was busy filming and you didn’t pick up my call.”

Henry stares at her scandalously, as if he can’t believe she would put such an accuse on him.

Amber knows he doesn’t lie, she was too tired to function conherently when reaching home so she decided to make way to bed early. And his make up obviously implies that Henry just came back from his filming for the day. Yet she just sticks out her tounge at him.

Henry waits for her to close the door. Once she finishes, he grins again and opens his arms to offer her a hug:

“So, do you have fun there?”

Answer him is a hard kich to his shin and Henry cries as he stumbles at the sudden attack. He swears she gets stronger after 5 days in the army. “Ouch! What was that even for?“

Amber nods, satisfied. “You jerk deserve it. All you want is to see me suffering.”

Henry looks up, worrying as he takes a better look at her, all the time wondering if it’s that bad choice of his to recommend her for the show. When he makes sure she's not seriously physically injured anywhere, he quietly sighs in relief. Still rubbing his abused shin, he tries: “Really nothing fun?”

Like something suddenly clicks in her mind, this time Amber’s eyes lights up in excitement, to Henry’s pleasure- he always knows that Real Men would do her good, and for a moment he truely thinks that the sparkles in her eyes are almost worth his pain. However, her answer is kinda unexpected and Henry gapes.

“Yes!!! I just met my ideal man there!!”

---

They are now settling on the Amber’s black couch because Amber decided that the pain on his shin is enough to pay for his fault of tricking her into the army (Henry still doesn’t understand why she insists that he tricked her actually. He doesn’t question more anyway, as long as he’s not blocked outside of her apartment in this freezing weather)

Henry just watches, a soft smile on his lips as he listens to her stories. Despite her continuous claims of totally suffering and never wanting to go back there
again, Amber obviously gained some great memory there. She keeps telling non-stop about the drills and her new friends in the army...

As the stories go on, it finally reaches that topic- the ideal man in her dream. Who is, ironically, also the military evil that Henry’s warned her to be careful of beforehand. 

“He’s so strong and manly”

“And his eyes are just perfect. Plus all his features!”

“But you know what? Despite that tough look, his voice is so sweettt, like honey or something!”

Henry almost chuckles at his best friend’s spazzing. He can totally imagine how surprised her fans and the audiences would be if they knew about this side of her. But it is not a surprise for him, that’s not the first time he sees her fangirling over some hot dudes. Her type? He knows more than anyone.

Amber is still deep in her happy daydream about her cool-and cute-and strong-and manly-and blah blah blah-guy when Henry temporarily shifts his attention to the girls in a random CF playing on TV. He whistles a little at the view when he feels her hand smacking the behind of his head.

“Focus on the conversation. ert”

He sticks out his tongue at her, “You giggling fangirl has no right to criticize me, alright. We all admire hot creatures.”

Amber glares, a threatening hint in her eyes, her lips press into a thin line. It is an alarm look as she is annoyed, but Henry finds it endearing and adorable nevertheless. Henry grins shamelessly, earning him a snort from her.

“People say that joining the military will make men stronger and more mature. Why are you such a failll” She drawls, implying his almost 1 year of filming the army show, her finger poking his shoulder teasingly. “You can never be strong enough for my standard”

The next thing happens too fast, as the next second she knows, she is pressed back against the couch, both of Henry’s hands take a hold of her wrists. Henry himself has raised from his seat beside her since who-knows-when, now moving to kneel right in front of her, his knees in each side of her legs. She should have known, Snoopy is not the strongest but sure is fast. After a brief moment to gain back her composure, Amber starts to fight back, trying to free herself from his grip. But he’s now at a higer position than her, and the couch behind her supports his intention of keeping her in place.

“Still strong enough to win over you sometimes, like this”- he breaths against her skin and Amber involuntarily shudders slightly. 

She looks up, ready to tell him to get lost and stop being so smug because he’s cheating, but then the only thing she can do is realising how close his face is. He’s smirking boyishly and his eyes are looking directly at her in an amused and teasing way. She draws in a sharp breath, accidentally taking in a whiff of his familiar scent and all of these - she would rather die if she has to admit to anyone - drive her nuts. Amber might forget, or more like ignore it deliberately most of the time, but at this very moment she remembers very well how attractive Henry can get.

She stares at his lips and were somehow half waiting, but still much surprised when he slowly closes in their gap, pressing their lips together. Amber’s eyes flutered shut as she gradually relaxes into the soft kiss. Just as how it is supposed to be (not that she’s ever expected anything like this, or yes, maybe, a littleeee bitttt, sometime centuries ago, or actually just last night, she is not sure herself) the kiss is sweet like Henry himself. She quietly chuckles at that thought as Henry breaks the contact.

“So you just agreed that I am strong then. Which is your type” - he presses their forehead together, still sportting that smug smile when he releases her wrists.

“My type must also be [cool] ”- Amber laughs, the ringing sound that Henry has always liked. “You’re not yet my type, not so fast.”

“I can be cool too”- he protests- “But then I need my instruments. Do you want to stop now so I can go find my instruments to prove you?”. He lightly brushes his lips against hers.

“Stay right there, you idiot”

Henry smiles as Amber’s arms wrap around his neck and pull him close for another kiss. Sure, no need to be urgent. He knows who’s her type already anyway.

 

----

Author's Note: /hides/ Centuries since I last wrote, almost a year actually, I've just checked @_@
Randomly decided to finish this tonight, as you can tell from the setting of the story that it was started months ago ^^;

Okay, bye /pretends I dont know about this/ ((but comments are always welcome :">))