Waiting

Waiting

 If you've read this fic already then ok lol this is my original AFF account, I made the papawufine to write only exo fics but I decided to delete that account and put all stories here.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weather was not at all in Baekhyun's favor. It started wonderfully. The sun was shining when he got up, it was not hot or cold. It was just the right temperature. He woke up feeling refreshed and the bread he toasted was not burnt and he got a little something from Chanyeol in the shower before leaving for his morning classes. But at the end of the day, he was left with his clothes wet, his hair messed up, no umbrella at a horrible weather and half of his thesis papers wet when he dropped it at the steps of the university he attended.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun tried to get to the nearest shelter and all he found was a phone booth. It wasn't like he needed to call but that's the shade he can find so he took it. He placed his folder on top of the phone and took out his own cellphone. He looked at his favorites list on his phone and looked for Chanyeol's name. He heard 3 rings before Chanyeol finally answered.

 

"Baek?" Chanyeol said sounding a tad bit surprised. Baekhyun brushed it off. "Hey! It might take some time for me to get home its raining really hard. But I'm fine so far, but I wanted to hear your voice 'cause I've had so much bad luck when classes ended." Baekhyun said giving Chanyeol his cutest sad voice. "Ouch!" Baekhyun heard an unfamiliar voice in the background. "Who-Whose that Yeol?" Baekhyun asked. "What? No one. That's the TV. I'm alone with that white rabbit your mother bought you last week for your birthday." Chanyeol said and gave a nervous laugh. Baekhyun's brows furrowed, he's been with Chanyeol since they were Freshmen in high school and he knows when Chanyeol lies. But he didn't want to get into an argument. "Okay, I'll see you in a bit. I love you." Baekhyun said. There was one thing about goodbyes on the phone he enjoyed, it was hearing Chanyeol tell him he loved him too. Except, "Okay, bye." That wasn't the case right now.

 

Because of that conversation on the phone Baekhyun stuffed his folders and papers by force inside his bag and ran through the rain to the nearest bus stop and took the first one back home. He got out in a rush and nearly tripped. He ran inside their building and practically murdered the elevator buttons with his quick fingers. He walked in circles inside the elevator as he reached their floor and ran out, passing by the old lady who lived next door and whom gave him a dirty look for getting the floors wet. Baekhyun fumbled with his keys and groaned when he dropped it twice and plunged in the wrong key into the keyhole. He got more frustrated when he couldn't figure out which key was for his house. Not long in his frustration was their front door opened revealing Chanyeol with his thick huge framed glasses and who was also in a simple shirt and sweats. He gave Baekhyun a confused look.

 

"What's wrong babe?" Chanyeol asked as he noticed how frustrated Baekhyun was. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and eased his breathing. "Nothing..." Baekhyun said quietly trying to mask his panic. He put his keys back in his pocket. "God, you're so wet you'll get a cold. Get in quick!" Chanyeol said and dragged him inside.

 

The two got into a steaming hot water filled tub with bubbles. Chanyeol's back was rested against the tub while Baekhyun rested on his chest, in between Chanyeol's legs. Baekhyun hugged his legs towards his chest and stared at the bubbles in front of him. Chanyeol was massaging his shoulders. "What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked, he noticed how disturbed Baekhyun's looked since he opened their front door. "Nothing... I'm just tired." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol shrugged it off.

 

In reality, Baekhyun felt bothered. He felt so disturbed and he knew why and he hated it. After their tub time they ate dinner that Chanyeol had made before getting to bed. Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol's chest, as Chanyeol had his arm wrapped around Baekhyun's waist along with his long leg.

 

Is he... No... Don't think that way Baekhyun, how can you even consider Chanyeol to do such a thing?

 

Baekhyun spend two more hours contemplating on his thoughts before drifting off to sleep. When he woke up the next day he was no longer wrapped in a Chanyeol burrito. He was alone in bed. He turned to the side and found a glass of orange juice that was no longer cold. The ice had melted and the glass had left the side table wet. He took the note that was dripping wet and read it.

 

Out, will come home late

-Yeol

 

Baekhyun took a sip of the juice and for some reason he spat it out. It wasn't because it did not taste good or because it was warm, but, because he just needed to. Baekhyun did his regular routine and left late for his classes.

 

---------------------------------------

 

"If you never loved him to begin with then what the are you still doing with that retard?" Luhan said as he took a sip of his drink. "Hey, don't talk about Baek that way." Chanyeol hissed and Luhan's eyes grew in surprise. "Sorry, didn't know I was truly speaking ill of the future Mrs. Park." Luhan said and chuckled. "We're not getting married." Chanyeol cleared. "Well if you're not leaving him too, then what exactly are we doing and what are you doing with him?" Luhan asked and Chanyeol couldn't answer him.

 

Baekhyun had some time off before the next four classes he had left. He decided to have lunch outside of his university. As he pressed the pedestrian button from across the street at a bistro was Luhan, his former neighbor at the previous condo he had lived in. Chanyeol had made them move because he disliked Luhan and Chanyeol never really told Baekhyun his reasons for disliking Luhan.

 

Maybe I can eat with him instead, and catch up.

 

Baekhyun was put to a stop when he was about to cross the street when he saw Chanyeol sit opposite of Luhan. Baekhyun felt confused as to why he was seated in the same table as the person he reasoned was why he wanted to move elsewhere. But Baekhyun's world had come to an end when he saw Chanyeol's hand move towards Luhan's, and Luhan had took Chanyeol's hand into his and did not let go. Chanyeol and Luhan were laughing. Chanyeol continued to play with Luhan's fingers and Baekhyun was given his confirmation. He ignored the honking cars that were telling him to cross the street. He walked back to campus grounds with a heavy heart.

 

 

Baekhyun did not pay attention to his professors for the next four classes. At times that he was too bored to listen in class he would be writing his and Chanyeol's name, or doodling the two of them. But instead he was too busy trying to swallow his anger and pain. He decided to stop by the nearest cafe and sat there for two whole hours. He took his phone out and called Chanyeol. After 3 rings he answered and the first thing Baekhyun heard was Chanyeol whispering to someone to keep quiet and that particular someone was giggling in the background. "Baek, why'd you call?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun was lost. He wasn't sure what he was going to say. "Nothing." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol didn't respond. "I'll see you later." Chanyeol said. "Okay bye I love-" before Baekhyun can finish his sentence Chanyeol had hung up on him.

 

When Baekhyun got home tub time and the dinner was quiet. Baekhyun tried his best not to say a word to Chanyeol. He was afraid that if they talked casually, and he pretended he did not witness Chanyeol's affair before his eyes he would break down. He headed to bed first and tried to sleep. Chanyeol entered the room and stared at Baekhyun's back. He wanted to ask what was wrong because Baekhyun was awfully quiet but he just figured it was because Baekhyun was sick.

 

Chanyeol the. Pulled up the covers and laid on his side of the bed. He moved his body closer to Baekhyun's and wrapped his arm around Baekhyun's waist and followed his leg after. He expected Baekhyun to turn around and cling himself to Chanyeol like always but instead he made no movement. Chanyeol swore he felt Baekhyun turn into stone.

 

For the rest of the night Chanyeol kept thinking of his affair with Luhan. He had no solid reason, not even a single good one for him to have an affair except that he felt like having one. Baekhyun always made time for him, Baekhyun cared and loved him more than anyone and anything in the world. Baekhyun held his temper when Chanyeol did something wrong and he praised the little things Chanyeol did. Baekhyun was the ideal boyfriend and yet here he was, Park Chanyeol, cheating on Baekhyun with one of Baekhyun's old friends Luhan.

 

For the entire night Baekhyun did not get a wink of sleep so instead he got up two hours earlier than the usual and got ready for his classes. He left home 30 minutes before Chanyeol had woken up to find that Baekhyun was no longer by his side. He expected a note by the end table or around the house but there was none.

 

This charade went on for more than weeks, and soon it was already two months. Baekhyun always came home late and he always remained quiet. He always woke up early from a sleepless and disturbed night and left early for classes without telling Chanyeol, carrying in his heart the fact that the man he had love since Freshman year was having an affair.

 

The day came when it was their anniversary. Chanyeol's guilt was already eating him alive. He knew that what he was doing would scar Baekhyun. It would hurt his everything. He knew how Baekhyun was in high school. He remembered the tears Baekhyun shed for an entire year and a half when his parents separated because his mother cheated on his father. And who was to say that Chanyeol was not doing anything different? He was doing the same thing except he was doing it to Baekhyun, and he knew that would hurt him more than his parents' separation. So he had to make a choice and he knew what it was.

 

While Chanyeol was taking a shower Baekhyun went into their room and began to pack his things for class. He heard Chanyeol's phone ring and he stared at it. He tried to stop his hand and fisted them. He glanced at the bathroom door and he could still hear the shower on. Baekhyun swallowed the lump on his throat and grabbed Chanyeol's phone. He opened the message and saw the conversation Chanyeol had with Luhan. It was their anniversary and Chanyeol had asked Luhan to meet with him at the bistro. Baekhyun figured it was the one he caught the two of them at. Baekhyun felt angry and hurt. He deleted Luhan's text and placed Chanyeol's phone back to where it was. He grabbed his bag and the rest of his things and left for class before Chanyeol could come out. Chanyeol could not even give an exception to their anniversary.

 

Chanyeol met with Luhan. For the past weeks Chanyeol had tried to see less of Luhan and it honestly irritated Luhan. At times Luhan had to force Chanyeol to meet with him, and during those times Chanyeol would give in so easily, and when they see each other Luhan would then about Chanyeol not seeing him or not wanting to. When Luhan wanted something he'd get it, Chanyeol was the easiest take.

 

At the very moment that Chanyeol sat on the chair, Luhan splashed his ice cold water at Chanyeol's face. He gave a smile. There was alway a wicked sense to Luhan's humor, and Chanyeol was currently his victim only because things were easy when it came to Chanyeol. "What the ?!" Chanyeol said and grabbed a bunch of tissues to dry himself. Luhan only gave him a smug smile. "So, why did you want to meet with me? Isn't it your gay-versary with Baek?" Luhan asked and Chanyeol looked at Luhan, then back at his fingers which were now playing with the tissues he had used.

 

"That's why I wanted to meet you. I wanted to give a precious gift. That gift being our relationship to end. We can't continue this crap we're doing Luhan. We need to stop." Chanyeol said. Luhan was caught off guard. He sat up, but was still relaxed. This was not the first time Chanyeol had tried to leave him. Chanyeol has been telling him they had to stop for the past few months and in the end he lured Chanyeol back and he gave in easily. "Yeah sure whatever Yeol." Luhan said not giving a damn. Chanyeol let out an exasperated sigh. "I'm serious Luhan. It's not like other times. We're done. I'm not going to wait for the day that Baekhyun discovers us, and I can't risk that. I would never forgive myself and you if I lost Baek. We need to stop." Chanyeol said and Luhan now saw a different look to Chanyeol's face. It wasn't like Luhan was oblivious to how Chanyeol's love for Baekhyun was. He's never seen a man so in love when it came to Chanyeol. Every time he and Chanyeol would hook up Chanyeol still talked about Baekhyun and it did not bother Luhan one bit. He never loved Chanyeol to begin with so it wasn't like he had any reason to become jealous or irritated when Chanyeol talked non-stop about Baekhyun.

 

"First of all, how can you give this as a gift to him if you can't tell him we're together? Second, you can't say that you can never forgive me if you lose Chanyeol because of our affair, remember, this affair may be mine as well but you're the one in the relationship. You should've controlled yourself but you didn't." Luhan said. "Who cares who started this, we're ending it. It stops here Luhan." Chanyeol said and Luhan scoffed. "Whatever, you know you'll just crawl back on top of me." Luhan said and stood up. "I'll see you next week, don't be late." Luhan said and before he could walk away Chanyeol took his head.

 

"I'm being serious! Why won't you take this seriously? I'm done! I love Baek, so we're over now!" Chanyeol said. Luhan looked at Chanyeol's hand which was gripping onto his wrist. "Didn't you tell me before that you thought Baekhyun knew what was going between us? That you felt that he knew because he kept his distance and said practically nothing to you at home? Don't be dense Chanyeol. I'm sure he already knows." Luhan said and Chanyeol's eyes grew a bit in surprise. "You may be dense but Baekhyun isn't. You're a college drop out, Baekhyun's close to his graduation and in a few months he'll be at the top of his class when he leaves for university and companies will be at war trying to hire him." Luhan said and Chanyeol didn't understand where the conversation was going.

 

"Chanyeol, use that thick skull you call a brain. Baekhyun knows, he'd be stupid not to. He's not as dense as you. I bet he's just buying himself time to leave you, who knows, he probably loves you so much he doesn't know how to leave you. But when he does, you'll have no one, since you're leaving me." Luhan said and Chanyeol finally understood what Luhan meant. Chanyeol slowly let Luhan's wrist slide off his hand. Luhan smiled, he knew he had Chanyeol wrapped around his finger like Baekhyun. Luhan was positive Chanyeol would change his mind. "See you next week." Luhan said and walked out of the bistro.

 

Chanyeol went home as soon as possible, with Luhan's words haunting his minds. Maybe Baekhyun did know, but he doesn't know how he, Park Chanyeol, would know if Baekhyun is really aware of his affair. When Chanyeol got home he found Baekhyun lying in bed reading a book.

 

"Baek?" Chanyeol said and Baekhyun looked up from his book. He closed it and got up from bed. "I thought you come home later tonight?" Chanyeol asked as he took off his jacket and tossed it towards the hamper. Baekhyun tried to eye at Chanyeol's back expecting Luhan but when Chanyeol tossed his jacket thats when he knew that Luhan was not there. "Hi." Baekhyun only said and walked pass him. Chanyeol turned and found a packed luggage by the door that he had not noticed. "What's that?" Chanyeol asked pointing at the luggage. "A luggage." Baekhyun simply and walked towards the living room. Chanyeol immediately walked and blocked Baekhyun's path. "You're leaving me?" Chanyeol said and Baekhyun wasn't expecting him to say that. Baekhyun wanted him to thin that he was taking a trip somewhere, and then he planned to never return or answer his calls. Just drop from the face of the earth, or at least Chanyeol's personal earth that involved him.

 

"Why?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun only shrugged. "How could you just shrug your shoulders? Why are you leaving me, I demand to know!" Chanyeol said, angry. Baekhyun noticed his sudden anger and he scoffed. "Are you really so dense? Sometimes I keep forgetting that you are." Baekhyun said calmly. Chanyeol ignored the fact that he and Luhan used the same word to describe him. "Stop insulting me, answer m question Byun Baekhyun!" Chanyeol said angry. "What gives you the right to yell at me? Why are you the angry one? Shouldn't it be me? Considering I was the victim here." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol was surprised. Chanyeol remained silent. "You think I didn't know? That you and Luhan are a thing? You think I would never find out? I don't want to know how long you two have been together or even how. I don't want to know when you two make time or where and what you two do. I just don't care anymore Chanyeol. I'm done. But I need to know one thing though." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol felt his palms sweat.

 

"What did I do wrong?" Baekhyun said and Chanyeol didn't know what that meant. "What did I do that made you cheat on me?" Baekhyun asked. "I always made time for you, I sacrificed for you, I did things for you even when they made me uncomfortable. I loved you with my all, I cared for you when you were sick, I didn't give a crap when you dressed weirdly or that your ears are so big. I didn't care about your disgusting habits, in fact I loved them that for me it was your charm. But I don't understand why you cheated. What did I do wrong? Where did I go wrong? Did I even do anything wrong?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol looked down. "You did nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing." Chanyeol answered quietly. "If that's the case then why did you do this to me Chanyeol?" Baekhyun said, his voice cracking as the tears he tried so hard to stop had began to form.

 

Silence was around and neither of them spoke. Chanyeol could not brave himself to tell Baekhyun that he had no solid reason for cheating. It was not like he could just say that he cheated because he felt like it. Because he became attracted to another person yet loved Baekhyun anyway.

 

"ANSWER ME PARK CHANYEOL!" Baekhyun yelled, his tears now covering his cheeks. Chanyeol looked up and was hurt. He saw the exact same tears Baekhyun had shed for the separation of his parents, except it was more. The pain was more, and he was right. He knew this was how it was. He knew the end result. He had ended the affair too late.

 

"Never mind. I stopped caring when I saw the two of you." Baekhyun said and walked towards the door. "You should know one thing though Chanyeol." Baekhyun said as he opened the door. "Loving you was never a chore, loving you was never faith or destiny. I chose to love you, I chose it because it was hard not to. I loved you because you were more than just human. My love for you will never be explained, not by me not by you or even God himself. There is no end and start on my love for you. Even when I step out of this door and never come back, I will still love you Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun said and left, closing the door.

 

Chanyeol stood there like an idiot, unsure of what to do, how to feel. He felt lost. Like he always did when Baekhyun was gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

For the next few weeks Chanyeol has not answered a single phone call or message from Luhan or anyone that was not Baekhyun. He had not cleaned, he had not eaten. Now that he realized that Baekhyun was really gone, he had forgotten how to cook or clean. He had practically forgotten how to become human. He only laid in bed with the door wide open and him staring. He did not lock the front door because Baekhyun left his keys. He had left it unlocked so Baekhyun would have no need to ring the door bell or knock. Chanyeol left Baekhyun's things untouched, he left Baekhyun's study table as it was because he knew Baekhyun hated it when someone would help and put away his things. Chanyeol had stayed this way from the day Baekhyun left and never returned. He had hopes that Baekhyun would come but he did not.

 

 

 

 

 

A good 3 years had passed. Baekhyun graduated a few months ago. He would have graduated 3 years ago but papers that were troublesome had held him back. Baekhyun did not cry after he had left Chanyeol 3 years ago. He moved on as if nothing had happened, as if Chanyeol had not existed. He lived in a studio apartment. At first it looked plain but as time passed he was able to tastefully decorate the place. Baekhyun began working at a company that was only 30 minutes away by bus from his place. He had occasional visits from his cousins and he was glad none of them had asked about Chanyeol. In reality his family disliked Chanyeol because he was troublesome and he remembered his father telling him Chanyeol had no future unlike him.

 

Baekhyun went to the nearest coffee shop after work and walked home. As he rushed to the bus stop, he drank his coffee. He got in the very first bus and as he got inside he looked around for a seat. He spotted one but as he looked at who it was he wanted to stand up. He was staring at Luhan. He noticed that Luhan's hair was different, it was a bit longer than the last time he saw Luhan. And at the memory of the last time he saw Luhan was a pain but he immediately brushed it off. Luhan turned and saw Baekhyun staring. Luhan grabbed his bag from the side of the seat and placed it on his lap. Baekhyun slowly sat down next to Luhan and kept a distance. It felt awkward but Baekhyun it up, thinking that 3 years of loathing someone was good enough. "How's Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked and Luhan gave him a confused look.

 

"Is that some trick question to see if me and him are still having an affair behind your back?" Luhan asked. "It's not an affair if me and him are done. You two would be 3 years in your relationship now, the time you two went behind my back for the affair doesn't count you two weren't official yet." Baekhyun said and now Luhan was just confused. Luhan sat straight and faced Baekhyun. "What the are you talking about? I haven't seen or talked to that retard in 3 years because I knew he left me for you." Luhan said and Baekhyun was confused too. "I left Chanyeol 3 years ago. I thought you two were an item." Baekhyun said and Luhan laughed. "No, that left me on your anniversary. He met with me and said he needed the relationship to stop but I convinced him that you knew, which I'm sure you did since you claim to have left Chanyeol 3 years ago." Luhan said and the bus stopped. "I'm off, nice seeing you again." Luhan said and got off the bus. Baekhyun then began to wonder about Chanyeol during the rest of the trip home.

 

 

The following day was Baekhyun's day off. Instead of spending it cleaning his house like how he originally planned, he was staring in front of the door of his old house. He was about to ring the door bell when the old woman he had lived with next door came out. "You? I haven't seen you in 3 years. Where were you?" She asked. "I... Moved out." Baekhyun said. "No wonder, your power was cut, the land lord kept knocking on the door and came inside the house at one point. I heard him once say that he was taking stuff from your place as payment. It probably won't be long till he takes more since that tall fellow left a few hours ago without a word or anything with him. He kind of smelled too, looked horrible. I hadn't seen him in such a long time as well. He looked so skinny." The old woman said and continued to babble. Baekhyun then opened the door and as he did the smell of the house erupted to his nose.

 

"What the hell is that smell..." Baekhyun said as he explored his former home. A few of the things were missing. Only light from the outside was lighting up the room. Baekhyun walked to the kitchen and saw a few unwashed dishes and food that had spoiled for years now. He looked around the living room. The expensive paintings were gone and the TV was gone as well. He entered the bedroom and the blanket was a mess. His old computer was gone. He checked the closet and his side was empty but Chanyeol's own was still full. Everything was the same as how he left it. Baekhyun remembered the woman saying Baekhyun left a few hours ago. Did that mean Chanyeol would come back?

 

Baekhyun handle the smell of the home on his own as he waited for Chanyeol. But when the place was getting dark Chanyeol still was not home. Baekhyun decided to leave. He exited the building and saw the park in front of their building. He went there and walked around remembering how he pictured a family with Chanyeol and that they would sit by the swings as their children played by the sand box. He saw a familiar person seated on the swings, it was Chanyeol.

 

 

"Chanyeol?" Chanyeol's heart began to beat. It was as if his lifeless self was revived at the sound of the voice he had recognized. He turned to find Baekhyun who slowly sat at the swing next to him. His eyes stayed glued to Baekhyun. "Chanyeol, what have you been doing for the last 3 years?" Baekhyun asked. He could smell the nasty scent of his former house at Chanyeol, only worse. "What did you do? Hmm?" Baekhyun asked but Chanyeol said nothing. After a while he saw Chanyeol's lips part. "I... Waited..." Chanyeol slowly said and Baekhyun was confused. "For you..." Chanyeol finished and Baekhyun was surprised. "I thought... I thought you two were together. I thought you and Luhan had become a thing." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol shook his head. "You... I love you..." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun felt some form of guilt but he didn't know why.

 

"No... I'm sorry. Move on already Chanyeol please. Start a new life, marry someone you love." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol took Baekhyun's hand. "Marry me?" Chanyeol said and Baekhyun slowly removed his hand from Chanyeol. "No, not me. We can no longer be. Goodbye Chanyeol. Please move on." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol watched Baekhyun leave.

 

 

For the first time after years, even after 3 years of Baekhyun being gone. Chanyeol cried.

 

It was the last time he saw Baekhyun; but even with that he did nothing. He was forced by men to move out of his home. They threw him out but he remained outside of the building. He walked around during the day because the building's landlord instructed guards to keep him away. During the night he sat by the steps of the condo. His old neighbors giving him looks. The old woman would give him food but he barely ate.

 

He did all of this because he didn't want to leave. Because he was waiting for Baekhyun to return. Because he Baekhyun said he would continue to love him. So he waited and waited. He did not leave, he waited.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

I think this was the first actualy Baekyeol fic I wrote I'm not sure.

 

@bambijibin <---- twitter handle :))