The First Wall Down

We Could Happen

The comforting warmth of Joohyuk's body heat and his familiar scent engulfed me in all it's perfection. School ended an hour ago and we took a detour home for the third time this week. I looked up to see the handsome features granted to him and smiled. With an arm slung around my shoulders, we walked down the rugged path. 

"Chaeyeon," he called out my name softly.

"Yes?" I hummed back, still admiring the boy everyone considers to be mine.

He shook his head in response, pulling me closer to him.

Chuckling, I leaned my head on his arm, not being tall enough to reach his shoulder. A comfortable silence sat between us as we found our way to my apartment complex. The elevated shook slightly, signaling our arrival to my floor. Joohyuk ped the front pocket of my book bag, reaching in to get my keys, then proceeding to placing them in my hands. His hands lingered on mine, swinging them softly. The best part about being with Joohyuk was that no words are needed when I'm with him. 

"Do you want to come in for something to drink? That was quite the hefty walk we just took. Of course, you're an athlete though," I offered.

With a nod, he took the keys from my hand and unlocked the front door, "After you."

"Aren't you going to practice today?" I asked.

"I think I'd rather stay with you a little longer, but yeah, I have to be there by six."

I glanced over at my cell phone. The time read '5:15'.

Seeing how late it was already, I frowned, "Should I walk you there?"

"It's fine, Chae, it'll be dangerous for you to walk back home alone at night. I'll call you when it end though, ok?" Joohyuk gave me smile and ruffled his hand through my hair, hoping for my agreement.

"I can handle myself! You know my she hulk strength!" I playfully protested, punching his chest.

With a hand cradling his chest, he jokingly cried, "Ah- grandmother, is that you? I'm starting to see a light."

"," I chuckled.

Before I knew it, my feet were no longer on the floor. In a split second, Joohyuk flung me over his shoulder, tickling my feet.

"Yah! You can't-" a break of laughter stopped my complaints, "Joohyuk! Yah!"

"This is what you get," he laughed evilly, running around my house.

Tickling is one of my worst weaknesses, yet I was totally enjoying the moment. The sound of our laughter roared through the house, most likely disturbing my neighbors. Nothing really mattered. It was me and him just living in each other's worlds. I couldn't be happier.

--

"Chaeyeon, the Do's will be here in ten minutes, quickly get dressed and come downstairs. We'll be out with them for the whole day so dress nicely," my mother's voice called from downstairs.

I rolled my eyes, pulling myself up from my bed, "I'll be down in five."

There was a four day fundraiser event for a well known cancer foundation last month where my parents met the Do family. Our two families suddenly became best friends and decided to spend all free time together. It's not that I mind them, I just didn't like the fact I had to constantly cancel my plans for them. Their son, Do Kyungsoo, is the class president of my class. He's someone no one really bothers to get to know him, not because he's an outcast or anything, jut because no one dares to disrupt his studying. 

After throwing on whatever looked nice, I made my way downstairs. Not long after, there was a knock on the door. 

"Oh hello, you're looking nice as usual, Kyungsoo," I heard my mother greet them, "Chaeyeon let's go!"

I bowed slightly, greeting his parents politely, "Hey."

"Hello," he responded.

My mother, father, and I got into their car, me sitting in the very back with Kyungsoo. The ride to the restaurant we were to have lunch at was only filled with chatter between the parents. Not a word was shared between me and Kyungsoo. Even as we ate, we didn't talk. It wasn't until after we dinner when we went to Kyungsoo's house that we started talking. We were forced to 'bond' in his room, even though there we had nothing to 'bond' over.

My eyes scanned over his room, looking for something to bring up conversation about.

But before I could find anything, he spoke up, "So, you're an only child, too?"

"Yeah, I really want an older brother though."

"Same. An older sister could do, too. Does it get lonely for you, too?" our eyes met and I could see the emptiness in his eyes.

"Definitely. My parents get home late so I'm usually alone when I get home. It's kind of annoying. At least I have Joohyuk." I chuckled softly, hiding the sadness in my voice.

Kyungsoo watched me with his wide eyes, "Oh, you're dating Joohyuk? I never knew."

"W-well we aren't dating," I stuttered, realizing how sheltered he is from the people surrounding him, "yet."

"Yet?"

"I mean, we like each other and all. He just hasn't asked me out yet," I explained.

"Oh, I see."

Our conversation of loneliness and the need for companionship lasted through out the night. It's strange how easy it is to be around him, not worrying about what he thinks of me at all. It was nice to have someone who understood my struggles of being an only child. It was nice to finally be able to talk to Kyungsoo and not have to sit through long hours of an awkward atmosphere.

--

You just gotta have Nam Joohyuk being a swimmer cuz Han YiAn is bae. Short introduction chapter, but there will be more to come! I can't be the only one that ships Lee Eunbi with YiAn right

until next time,
harumyung