#19

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you for your hard work!"

Yoseob bows and replies and bows and replies somemore (in case anyone missed it), smiles and shakes hand with his waltz trainer ("You get better and better each day, Yoseob-sshi, keep it up." "Thank you so much, seongsaengnim. I will continue to practice at home." "Get enough rest before our next practice, alright?" "Yes, I will try my best."), smiles and shakes hand with his vocal trainer ("Amazing as always, Yoseob-sshi. Keep up the good work." "Thank you so much, seongsaengnim. I will practice more at home. That one high note is pretty tough to reach." "It's okay, you can do that later. Rest well and fully, okay." "Yes, I will try my best."), politely declines the offer to eat supper together, double checking the hall to make sure he doesn't miss anything from his belongings today (one time he forgot his boxing gloves and he had to drive back to the hall to get them in the morning), and finally heads out of the hall.

Yoseob runs into his manager at the main door ("I thought you passed out, what took you so long?" "Just double checking everything." "Everyone's out, I was afraid I missed your teeny tiny self in the crowd so--" "Hyung, why...") and they walk to the car. The younger man climbs up into the backseat and makes himself comfortable as he pulls out his phone and checks the long notification list. His manager kindly turns on the radio without saying anything--switching channels here and there and finally stops to listen to a jazzy song. Yoseob's eyes scans the KakaoTalk chatrooms, replies to his mom's messages and leaves a couple of giggling and crying stickers as a response to a picture of Yanggaeng his sister sends him.

And then finally opens up the group chat contains five silly people that he loves so much.

Five silly people that apparently floods the chat with sticker conversation and talking about the weather and food and practice schedules and more food and a personal message with four hours gap from the last conversation (wake up, Junhyung, it's almost five. I have a battle with Byunghee hyung in one hour and if you don't show up to back me up I will kick you tomorrow.)

Yoseob rolls his eyes upon reading the last message and his lips slowly forms a tiny smile. Doojoon always does his self-appointed job very well  eventhough he doesn't directly do that for him at times ("I will make you smile everyday, Yoseobie." and he seals the deal with their first kiss).

Doojoon.

Just thinking about him makes the younger man smiles already, it's kind of ridiculous in Yoseob's opinion. Damn Doojoon and his ability to make him smile.

"Hyung."
"Yeah, Yoseobie?"
"Have you heard anything about Doojoon's schedule today?"
"I think he's at home. The important battle is today."

Yoseob blinks.

"You know his Starcraft battle schedule, too?"
"I mean, he asked everyone in the building to back him up but unfortunately the only one that could possibly do that today is Junhyungie. Dongwoonie pulls out the last minute because he has to rehearse and Hyunseungie just leaves a--basically a no sticker--in the group, so--"
"How--"
"Before you ask, he sent the screencap to me before I pick you up this afternoon along with whiny messages but I have to say no, right."

The younger man chuckles in disbelief as he shakes his head a little.

"On behalf of my shameless and childish boyfriend, I apologize, hyung."
"It's nothing," the manager laughs easily, "I have to join the next battle, though, I have promised him."

Yoseob laughs as he burrows deeper in his seat, fingers deftly taps open the last message in his KakaoTalk.

dudu
♥ (11:32)
have you eaten (11:33)
my lunch is awesome look (11:33)

Yoseob smiles at the quick video--Doojoon playfully stuck out his tongue with a plate of homemade spaghetti bolognaise in his hands. He put the plate down as he reachs for the phone and the camera focused on his handsome face ("Looking goooooood, right? Have you eaten? Go eat lunch!").

dudu
i totally forgot to sing 12:30 on 12:30 dammit (14:39)
will do that tomorrow k (14:39)

The younger man chuckles a little. Doojoon probably fall asleep after lunch and missed their little agreement.

dudu
byunghee hyung (15:06)
keeps sending me chats (15:06)
so i dont forget (15:06)
i mean (15:06)
how could i forget omfg this is a real competition (15:06)

His thumb swipes through the screen, scrolling down to read. He yawns openly and he reads somemore.

dudu
what are you doing right now (16:40)
im waiting (16:40)
waiting (16:40)
junhyung hasn't show up (16:40)
im gonna kill him (16:41)
wait but then he can't show up (16:44)
ive told him this is important dammit (16:44)

The car makes a turn to Yoseob's apartment complex entrance. He slips his phone inside the pocket of his trousers as he gets ready to get out of the car.

"Thank you for today, hyung," he says, "Drive safely, no need to speed up, okay."
"Yes, Yoseobie. Go in, it's late."
"Goodnight, hyung. See you tomorrow."

Yoseob climbs out of the car and jogs a little to the entrance of the building. The doorman greets him goodnight, he smiles as he greets back, leisurely heading to the elevator. He fishes out his phone once again as he waits.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter