#14

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[you]

are u done preparing?
are u going out rn?

[yangyo]
nope i just finished showering
:"(

[you]
are u feeling better?

[yangyo]
at least i still can talk to yanggaengi
so sleepy
i want to go with u all T_______T

[you]
dont close ur eyes ok stay awake
we will meet again tonight ok
/kisses

[yangyo]
:""""""(
i miss you already doojoonieeeeeee >m<

 

Doojoon smiles a little as he types out another replies before he turns off his phone. The plane is about to take off and that stewardess keeps looking at him--either recognizing him as an idol or trying to burn his phone with her eyes. As he puts his phone back into the bag he can't help but cursing the management in his head so hard it starts to give him a light headache. Their schedules are already packed enough up to months ahead and they still managed to slip in another schedule for his baby. He remembers faintly how Yoseob's voice starts to crack last night before he quickly says goodnight and urges the latter to hang up then rest earlier.

He knows, he perfectly understands that this is what they have to face everyday--at least until they're not loved anymore. As bitter as it sounds, he knows that packed schedules means they're still popular, people still wants to see them, people still loves them, they still have fans--management still cares enough for them to give schedules and all. But Doojoon sighs anyway as he watches Yoseob strains to reach another high tone while practicing his singing line for the newest musical the other night, while holding another piece of paper with their new song's lyrics. Doojoon understands that Yoseob is popular in musical right now--he sounds so good and he is really good--his baby is always the best. Doojoon understands that this is their job anyway.

It's still hard for him to watch Yoseob stays awake throughout a flight because he doesn't want sleep to mess up with his voice. Or when everyone's gathering in Yoseob's apartment to play and the owner of the place walks out of his room, wearing a thick coat and fluffy scarf wrapped around his neck, ready to go out with a bag filled with scripts, bottles of water and packets of pear juice with an apologetic face. Or when they have to record their parts on one night and Yoseob's voice doesn't seem to sound at its best and Yoseob excuses himself to go home earlier with sad eyes.

It's hard to watch, but it's even harder for Doojoon.

He loves him. He keeps saying that. He keeps trying to prove his words to the younger man, how much he loves him, how much he cares for him.

But sometimes it's really hard to do so because Doojoon can't do anything to actually help the younger man. He can't do anything other than sticking to his side, encouraging him, hugging and kissing him, and telling him that everything's gonna be alright, and reminding him to eat and rest.

Sometimes that's all he can do and he thinks it's because Yoseob deserves so much more and he can't give it to him and it so bad. He hates himself when he couldn't give more for his beloved.

Doojoon sighs as he looks out of the window.

~~~

"Hey."

Yoseob smiles, betraying his bloodshot eyes as he closes the door of their hotel room and skips to reach Doojoon's seat, jumps on the older man's lap, quickly burying his face on Doojoon's neck afterwards.

"Doojoonieeeeeeeeee," Yoseob mumbles happily, "I am hereeeeeeee."
"Yes, you're here," Doojoon envelopes the younger man in a tight hug and places a brief kiss on top of his head lovingly, "I am wondering when will you arrive and here you are."
"Heeheehee," Yoseob giggles, voice hoarse and rasp and he lets out a set of cough (Doojoon tries so hard to not mention it), "No one saw me at Incheon and here so I am lucky I can get here real fast."

Doojoon squishes him some more, hugging the younger man tight and close; a few more raspy giggles comes out of Yoseob's mouth and Doojoonieeeeee hihihihi let me gooooo I can't breatheeeeeee and the older man unwillingly lets him go. Yoseob stands up and smiles again, that blinding smile.

"We will ride the Shinkansen tomorrow," Doojoon says playfully, "It's your turn for the window seat."
"Yay!!!"

Yoseob proceeds to sit on Doojoon's lap as Junhyung barges in with cans of Coke in hand, "Doojoon-ah, help me with the--oh hi, you're here."
"Hello, Junyeong-ah, "Yoseob greets, "Doojoon is mine now so you can't take him away from me."
"I know he is yours, everybody knows," Junhyung says dryly, "But this is important, okay, lend him to me for a few minutes then I will return him back to you safe and sound and in perfect condition--and what's with your voice, Yoseob-ah..."

Yoseob blinks and quickly plastered a smile as Doojoon glares so hard behind him towards the rapper--who just realized what he just said.

"I know right," the younger man says, "It sounds so weird. Noona said it too before I went out to catch the flight. I wonder if I could sing tomorrow..."
"You don't have to force yourself if you really can't, baby," Doojoon wraps his arms around Yoseob's tiny waist, pulling him closer, eyes glaring to Junhyung who awkwardly coughs and slipping out of the room in record time.

"But they pay so much to see us performing and singing live," Yoseob argues softly, "I can't let them down like this."
"But--"
"I will try my best," Yoseob turns back and smiles, arms wrapping around Doojoon's neck and he curls closer, "Don't worry too much."
"Of course I am worried," Doojoon mumbles, "Don't push yourself too hard..."
"I am fine... besides you're here with me and I can count on you."
"I can't even help you," the older man sighs, "I can't sing your part because I am not as good as you..."
"What are you talking about, Doojoonie," Yoseob lets him go for a moment, looking at his eyes, "I am your number one fan, I love your voice so much, remember? If not, why am I keep asking you to sing lullabies for me every night?"
"Because you love me?"
"That... and because I love your voice."
"...still..."
"It's okay, it's okay," Yoseob says, coughing in between, "You can help me... just stay by my side and that helps so much. Just stay with me."

Doojoon hugs him again, patting the younger man's head softly in between, dips in right at the moment to kiss the love of his life deeply.

"...of course I will stay with you."

~~~

Yoseob yawns as he looks around the room. There's nothing interesting going on. He has snapped some pictures of himself and others. But there's nothing more to do now. Junhyung is currently typing on his phone, probably jotting down some lyrics. Gikwang is doing a set of push ups behind the leather sofa where Dongwoon sleeps. Hyunseung dances around the room, stopping in front of him for a water bottle and waltzes around some more. Yoseob's eyes then wanders to his boyfriend, currently has disheveled hair in a hot way as the stylist noona fumbles bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter