I wish you were here

I wish you were here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

In a dull room , Jiyeon and Hyomin are sitting opposite each other, no word has been exchanged, and no movement has been made, all Jiyeon can hear is beating of their hearts. Heaving a long sigh, Jiyeon is giving up, it has been hours since she tried to make the older girl talk but she failed, Hyomin doesn’t utter a word. Jiyeon knows it’s her fault to make her girlfriend got mad but she has apologized over and over, she doesn’t know what else she can do to mend the broken pieces.

“Hyomin unnie, please talk to me”

“ …………………..”

“Please don’t do this to me, tell me what I can do to make you forgive me”

 “…………………..”

“I’ll do everything, just tell me”

“……………………”

“I promise I won’t make the same mistake again”

Silent treatment is killing Jiyeon, and she can’t bear it any longer, she never feels this hopeless before, does her girlfriend get mad that she can’t forgive her? Why is she being like this, without knowing it tear starts flowing down Jiyeon’s face, she feels so weak and can’t hold back her tear any longer. As Jiyeon thinks she has no hope left, a warm hand is reaching out for her, tear is slowly wiped away.

“Jiyeon ah, please don’t cry” Hyomin finally speaks, Jiyeon beams while tear is falling.

“Unnie, do you forgive me?”

“Hm, now stop crying”

Jiyeon quickly wipes away her tear with her sleeves, Hyomin smiles at how childish her girlfriend is, Jiyeon quickly changes her mood after being forgiven, she makes a mental note to never make her girlfriend get this mad again.

“ I’m sorry Hyomin’s unnie” Jiyeon apologizes

“Don’t blame yourself Jiyeon” Hyomin utters with a smile on her face, Jiyeon nods.

 

 

Jiyeon is embracing Hyomin from behind, she kisses her girlfriend’s hair lovingly, smelling sweet scent of flora shampoo that Hyomin always uses which Jiyeon simply likes it, Hyomin slowly puts her hand on top of Jiyeon’s back of hands which wrapped around her waist then caressing it, warmth of their touch is seeping through Jiyeon’s heart. They stay like that for the longest time, watching the sunset from the balcony on the top floor of their apartment, sky slowly turns dark with orange shade at the horizon as dawn is getting nearer is a breath-taking picture to be captured, not wanting to ruining a nice moment but Jiyeon got no choice but to break a silence when she feels her girlfriend is getting too cold.

“ Hyomin unnie, your hands are getting cold, I think we should go inside the house” Jiyeon says, and Hyomin turns around upon hearing so, she smiles at the younger girl and nods, Jiyeon is leading her to living room and gestures her girlfriend to sit beside her on the couch, the older girl obediently follows. As soon as Hyomin sits down, Jiyeon wraps a small blanket around them cuddling inside the blanket, Hyomin slowly leans her head on Jiyeon’s shoulder and closes her eyes.

“ Unnie, your hands are so cold, I think you need to drink something warm, I’ll go and get you a cup of warm milk” Jiyeon informs and is about to get up but she is held back by Hyomin’s cold hand, the older girl shakes her head in denial.

“ I’m fine Jiyeon, let stay like this” Hyomin says, without argument Jiyeon sits back there, she is rubbing her hand with Hyomin’s, hoping to pass the warmth from her hand to Hyomin’s hand, it helps only a bit.

“Jiyeon, you know I don’t want to see you cry”

 “I’m not crying anymore”

“I know you secretly do”

“I don’t”

“I hear it in the middle of the night”    

“I’m sorry”

“Don’t be sorry, you’re supposed to be happy”

“I’m when I’m with you”

“Jiyeon ah, how can I leave when you’re being like this?”

“Don’t you dare thinking about that unnie”

“Jiyeon, you know”

 “Stop it Hyomin unnie”

 

Jiyeon abruptly gets up, the blanket drops on the floor, Hyomin’s gaze follows Jiyeon’s back until she disappears into the bedroom, Hyomin picks up the blanket on the floor before placing on the couch and follows Jiyeon to their bedroom. On the white queen size bed, Jiyeon is sitting in the middle of it, with her arms hugging her knees, Hyomin slowly climbs up into the bed and moves closer to Jiyeon then leans her head against Jiyeon’s head.

“ Jiyeon ah, you know why I fell in love with you?”

“………………..”

“When we first met, I thought I saw an angel in front of me”

“ ………………..”

“Honestly I don’t know when it started, and I can’t define what exactly that made me fall for you, I’m always thankful to you for silently taking care of me, you stay strong for me on my weakest day, you raise me up when I’m down, you give me faith when I lose mine”

Jiyeon slowly turns her head to her girlfriend who smiles at her with her killer smile, a smile that though after so many years, it still works affectively with her heart, her pale but flawless sharp face with beautiful brown orbs that staring straight into her eyes are telling her how much a precious girl in front of her loves and treasures her and Jiyeon knows it all along. Hyomin is reaching for Jiyeon’s hand and holding it tight.

“ I’m begging you Jiyeon ah, stay strong and get through this, and one day you’ll find your happiness”

“Please stop it unnie, I can’t and I’ll never be happy without you”

“I know it’s hard but one day you’ll look back and smile”

“All I need is you and only you”

“I’m always with you and always will”

Hyomin extends her hand to wipe away Jiyeon’s tear, though how much she doesn’t want to show her weakness in front of the older girl, Jiyeon doesn’t know how to stop her tear from flowing, her heart is crying.

Jiyeon is forcing back the gravity of the night that make her eyelids getting heavier, she is tracing her finger along her girlfriend’s face who is sleeping on one side facing her, this is the angel face that she falls over and over again, Hyomin is moving closer to Jiyeon lying her head on the crook of  Jiyeon’s neck, they fall asleep safe and sound in each other embrace through a peaceful night where no one can harm them .

“Please remember I love you Jiyeon”

“I love you too Hyomin unnie”

 

Jiyeon’s morning is disturbing by a continuous doorbell ring, she looks at her side to find only an empty bed, her heart is clouded with gloom. She slowly gets up from her bed and walks to the main door sleepily.

“Morning Jiyeon” Eunjung greets her

“ Good morning unnies” Jiyeon greets back with her emotionless tone

“How are you Jiyeon?” Qri asks

“Can’t you open the door sooner, you are making me crazy” Soyeon says, Qri signals her to stop.

“Why are you up so early unnies?” Jiyeon asks them as she is walking to living room

“We are checking on you” Soyeon informs, Qri and Eunjung is giving Soyeon a warning look

“We are here to make sure our makne is doing good and eats well” Eunjung cheerfully says.

“I’m perfectly fine unnie” Jiyeon plops down on the couch

“I’m glad to hear that” Qri smiles.

“Let’s make breakfast for our makne , unnie” Eunjung invites Soyeon to the kitchen to make breakfast.

 

Soyeon is led to the kitchen by Eunjung while Qri sits next to her makne, she gently touches Jiyeon’s hair and caresses it, it breaks Qri’s heart to see how skinny Jiyeon is right now.

 

After the breakfast is done, the three unnies help each other to set the table, with six seats around a dining table, Eunjung is going to sit opposite Jiyeon but Jiyeon stops her.

“You can’t sit on that chair unnie” Jiyeon quickly tells her, Eunjung raises her brow

“Why?” Soyeon asks.

“Hyomin unnie is going to sit there” Jiyeon reasons. The three older girls are exchanging look at one another, they swallow their saliva down their throats.

“ Ok” Eunjung chooses to sit on a chair next to Qri. 

 

They are having breakfast in silence observing their maknae, Jiyeon is all smiling which grows more worry to her three sisters, they should be happier if what Jiyeon is smiling at is not an empty chair opposite her.

“ Soyeon unnie, Hyomin wants to eat that” Jiyeon glares at Soyeon who is holding her chopsticks in the air, she was going to pick up fried tofu but Jiyeon stops her. Soyeon retreats her hand back, then putting down her chopstick, she loses her appetite then gets up from the seat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter