Lost Stars II

Collections

“Stop right here” The girl from the party said. I did what she said. I guess this is her house already. I got to admit, it’s beautiful. She’s in the party after all so that makes sense.

As she stepped out of the car, I bid my farewell but she cut me off.

“What’s your name?”

“That’s not important”

“You’re not going to stay?”

“No. I’m a stranger remember?”

“Yeah. But I think you’re harmless” She giggled. I scoffed on her remark.

“You have a poor judgement about strangers.”

“How so?” If you only knew, you would be crying your off

“I got to go”

“Am I going to see you again?”

“Let’s see” And I drove off. She’s quite weird. I mean too friendly for my liking. No matter I tried to shrug it off she still lingers on my mind. Maybe a good sleep will help.

 

After its hours of absence, the sun rose again and shared its life as a sign of a new beginning and I hate it. I got a long night and sleep was the first and last thing I wanted to do. But this stupid sun didn’t let me do it.

“Nice I’m cursing the sun in my mind” I did what a normal human being should do in the morning. Breakfast.

Just a cup of coffee and probably some bread will be enough. Just a like yesterday, a letter was slipped in my door again. Paycheck

A great timing to pay for my rent. A sudden ring in my phone disturbed me. I made sure that the caller will get my hint as I annoyingly answered the phone.

“Oh come on buddy! Have some life!”

“My job is my life.”

“Seriously? Are you a psychopath or what?”

“None of your business I guess”

“Ok Ok whatever you say. What about I get you a date?”

“Sounds bad”

“Come on! Why won’t you try it”

“And for the 100th time my answer is still a no”

“What?! Please”

“I’m a hit man not a hopeless romantic”

“Really? Seriously? Just try it even just once” I scoffed yet I thought about it. Maybe just once.

“Fine.”

“Wait? What?! Really?! ….” And the line went dead. I cant bare those ramblings so I just turned off my phone. A few minutes later, a text came up.

Great! Tomorrow night at 8.

I’ll text you the details tomorrow.

I hope I will never regret it. And another text came up.

And you will never regret it!

This kid. After that I did what I want to do, sleep.