the story

Today Was a Fairytale

 

 
You walked mindlessly around the mall, sulking at the fact that tomorrow was your favorite band’s first ever concert. You didn’t have enough money not even for the farthest seat. You sighed as every corner of the building seemed to have posters of MYNAME, making you even more frustrated.
 
Flipping your phone open you sighed at your cellphone wallpaper. It was Seyong, the one with the red hair who could do awesome flips. Yeah, he was your favorite member.
 
“Oppa, fate is too cruel. It doesn’t want me to see you, and you to see me” You talked to your wallpaper not minding all the stares you were receiving. You were in too much depression to even go and tell them all off.
 
You dragged yourself to your favorite ice cream parlor to calm you. You bought the second largest cup with the little money you have left.
 
“Strawberry Cheesecake please” you told the cashier your name as you paid for the delight. You sat somewhere near the counter waiting for your order to finish. It was less than 2 minutes when they called out your order along with your name.
 
You smiled a bit as you took the spoon tasting it a bit, it was like a habit of yours to bite the end of the spoon whenever you would savor the flavor in your mouth. At least this brightened up your mood somehow.
 
You weren’t even anywhere near half of emptying the cup when a boy bumped into you making you let go, spilling everything on the floor. You frowned but didn’t bother scolding the guy, you felt bad as it is. You didn’t want him to be your vent of anger.
 
“Woah! I’m really sorry, I’ll buy you a new one” The guy said as he picked up the trash and threw it at a nearby bin.
 
“No, it’s ok. You don’t have to” You assuringly smiled at him. You were a bit surprised at his outfit. He was wearing a cap pulled down really low to cover the upper part of his face. If that wasn’t enough, he also wore sunglasses and a scarf around his neck. It was cold, but it wasn’t to the point of over dressing. You were wearing a shirt, pants and your chucks.
 
“Really, I would feel awful if you didn’t let me” You gave in to the stranger’s request, yet there was something about him that seemed extremely familiar
 
“2 orders of Strawberry Cheescake for Jinseok” they yelled out. You smiled at his name, you loved it a lot but you couldn’t tell why.
 
“Miss” He called out to you handing you your share. He asked for your name and smiled. “I like your name, it suits you” you blushed at his compliment he smiled at you, even behind the cap and glasses you felt another familiar feeling as if you often see his smile, or atleast you have seen it before. You just couldn’t put your finger to it.
 
Jinseok asked for your age to know how he would properly address you. You told him your age. He gave another heartwarming smile, you were melting in your insides. “Are you really older than me, but you look so young” he complimented making your beating heart go wild
 
“I’m just a year older. You make it look like you’re way younger than me” You pouted trying to act cute. Jinseok smiled at your adorable face, resisting the temptation to pinch your cheeks
 
“Noona, are you busy today? Would you want to hang out?”
 
You wanted to go and tell him no. He was a complete stranger after all. But he got you curios, with his cap, and his scarf and his glasses. But remembering the thought that you had no money left, just enough for your fare back home you sighed and told him you couldn’t
 
“Noona please. I just want to spend a day without thinking about tomorrow” he pleaded. For a moment you forgot about the concert, but just by the mere “tomorrow” you could feel your heart aching again. You also needed something that would make you forget about the concert. “Don’t worry noona! Everything will be my treat!” He suddenly blurted. You chuckled slightly and finally gave in.
 
“So what do you want to do Jinseok –ssi?” you asked as both of you walked around the mall eating your ice cream.
 
“I have a lot of things in mind that I want to do” He told you.
 
“Like what?” You asked him as both of you strolled around, looking at the displays
 
“Watch a movie, play something at the arcade, just stroll around” he answered smiling again. You felt more comfortable with him right now. Both of you continued walking till you reached an arcade, and like a little child, he excitedly grabbed your hand pulling you inside with him.
 
You laughed a little as you ignored the electric feeling that flowed through your veins at the skin contact. He faced you still smiling dragging you to different computer games and such, finally stopping at the basketball area.
 
“Jinseok-ssi, what’s with tomorrow?” You asked him as he swiped his game card for both of you. You grabbed a ball shooting at, he watched in awe as it made it’s way to the basket, “netless”.
 
“You’re good noona!” He said grabbing his own ball and started shooting too. You noticed that he didn’t answer your question. As you were about to ask him again, he glanced at your way giving you another heart stopping smile. One more smile and it would be the death of you, you thought. “Aish. It’s hard playing with these” Jinseok said as he took off his glasses. You weren’t able to see his face fully but he looked a lot like someone you knew.
 
You shrugged it off as both of you continued playing.
 
“108 – 97. Can’t believe you beat me” He chuckled softly still not showing his face to you “I should play more often” he added.
 
You stared at him for a while trying to remember something. He reminded you too much about whoever was playing in your head. His height, his body build, his voice, his smile. You’ve been thinking about it the whole time you were with him. Even though he already took off his glasses, you still couldn’t figure it out.
 
“When I bumped into you, you seemed so drained” he suddenly sudden making you snap back to reality, breaking you from your chain of thoughts. You thought for a while, there was no harm in telling him the reason. It’s not like there was something he could do about it anyway, nor like he would actually cared.
 
You sighed before talking. “Tomorrow is my favorite band’s first concert. And I…” Your voice trailed off, not wanting to make eye contact. You were tearing up just by the thought “I can’t go and watch them.” Finally giving in, a single tear slid down your face.
 
To your surprise he pulled you in giving you a hug. “I understand. If it was me and I couldn’t go, I’d feel the same” Your heart started beating a hundred watts per second. The last time you felt this way was when  Jaehyo, yes the Ahn Jaehyo of Block B, confessed to you before he debuted, at that time when he was still a trainee. That was a long time ago
 
He let go of you. You softly groaned. It felt good to be in his arms for some reason you couldn’t explain. As if you could stay in that position the whole day, but ofcourse you weren’t inlove with him. Just a mere crush maybe?
 
“So what’s this band’s name?” he asked you, still hiding his face
 
“MYNAME… How I wish I could see them in person. Or maybe just a glance at Seyong would do.” You grumbled to yourself. You saw Jinseok do a pout, as if telling you he wasn’t happy with what you said.
 
“Let’s take a picture” Jinseok blurted out. “But I don’t have a phone” he scratched the  back of his neck, embarrassed about what he just said.
 
“It’s okay. I have my phone right here” You said taking it out of your pocket. Both of you positioned yourselves.  You were right beside each other but you still couldn’t see the younger boy’s face. He counted to three before pressing the shot button, taking a few more pictures and handing it back to you.
 
“Look at it after I leave” Jinseok said covering your phone’s LCD before you could even see anything on the screen. You nodded your head even though you didn’t clearly understood why. He took two rectangular pieces of paper from his wallet, they looked liked coupons and wrote something at the back of one of them and again, before you could take a good look at it. He covered them both telling you the same thing he said about the photos
 
Jinseok stood up and bid you goodbye. You didn’t want to. You wanted to stay a little bit longer with him.
 
“But I have to noona” He told you as he cupped your cheeks making you face him. You froze as you have finally seen his face. He looked a lot like an angel with his amazing smile, but more importantly, he looked a lot like Chaejin, the maknae of your favorite group. “I’ll see you soon noona” he said as he kissed your cheek. Before leaving, he pulled his hat lower again and placed his glasses back, he waved at you and started walking away.
 
Regaining your senses you immediately looked at the coupons. You started shaking so much, try to suppress yourself form screaming or anything of that sort. But your smile, if it could, it would have reached both your ears.
 
“A BACKSTAGE PASS! SEE YOU NOONA! – CHAEJINSEOK ps. If you can’t make it backstage you can use this for the after party, I wrote Seyong hyung’s number here. Just tell him your name” it said at the back. A concert ticket and a backstage pass. Flipping your phone you scanned the photos, and sure enough it was Chaejin in the photos with you. You shut your eyes and pinched yourself to make sure it wasn’t a dream. And to your delight, you were still there holding the tickets grinning much like an idiot
 
“Today felt like a fairytale” You whispered to yourself before heading home, excited for tomorrow