Sugar? Yes, please!

Sugar? Yes, please!

unbetaed.

 


 

Chanyeol felt an atrocious pain. He stumbled and panicked he might fall. He tried to maintain his balance, but it seemed impossible to do so when two forces are tugging you to opposite directions, making you feel being ripped in two.
"I thought you're coming with me, Yeol." Baekhyun pouted. Chanyeol gulped. Pouts were one of his weaknesses, along with furry animals and guitars on sale.

"Nu-uh! He's coming with me, right, Chanyeol? You promised." Baekhoon, his identical twin, tugged on the taller guy's sleeve, smirking when Baekhyun sent him a deadly glare.

Baekhyun and Baekhoon were twins, and just like water and fire, the light and the darkness, one was completely different, the total opposite of the other.

School days were about to start again when a new family moved into the house next to Chanyeol's.

Chanyeol observed from his room's window as some hired workers carried inside the wooden furnitures. He waited there, hoping to see the family appear, but evening came and the house was still empty of people.

He knew more about the Byun's when his father talked about meeting them, after coming back from work. There weren't any important and new things to know about them, just the fact that because of Mr. Byun's job, his family had to moved into the city where his current company was franchising. They looked very respectable people and Chanyeol's father liked them right away. He also added that the Byun's had twins, which were the same age as Chanyeol.

Two days after, Chanyeol met one of the twins, Baekhyun. He was inserted in the taller boy's class, while the other one had to attend another school to avoid further complications.

Baekhyun was shy. Chanyeol sensed his uneasiness in presenting himself to his new classmates. The others welcomed him warmly though, some girls whispering how cute he looked. To Chanyeol's opinion, Baekhyun was, indeed, cute. With a small, frail looking body, it was impossible not to want to tuck him in bed and sing him to sleep.

Shy was an adjective that was soon destined to be forgotten when Baekhyun was moved to sit next to Chanyeol, in order for him to explain what the class had done in Maths so far. The professor had clearly picked the wrong student, since Chanyeol was a er when it came to working with numbers, and he was about to remind the professor about that when Baekhyun stopped him, saying that it was okay, that he already knew where they were. And that was how he learned more about the little guy - how he used to attend advanced classes at his old school, winning contests and competitions quite often. The hour passed, and Chanyeol had known more about Baekhyun than his own sister: Baekhyun liked his milk with honey, he loved playing video games.. Chanyeol lost count of the other things he liked, but a talkative Baekhyun was pleasant to admire.

Agreeing to walk back home together, they talked more and more, about any single thing that came into their minds, until they arrived in front of their houses, where Chanyeol unexpectedly met Baekyun's twin, Baekhoon.

His jaw dropped once his eyes fell on him.

His father had forgotten to mention that the Byun's twins were identical. He was caught off guard - the similarity between them was just mind-blowing. Chanyeol had never seen identical twins before and now, he even had them as neighbors, it was a kind of achievement in life.

Identical twins didn't mean they were identical in everything, as Chanyeol soon deduced.

A way to differentiate the twins was their style: Baekhyun usually wore casual things, and clothes that were ten times bigger than his actual size, such as knitted pullovers and hoodies; Baekhoon, on the other hand, liked wearing dark and tight clothes, not to forget his eyes that were always accentuated by a heavy dose of eye-liner.

Their personalities was the second thing that distinguished the one from another. Baekhyun was undeniably, extremely, absolutely the opposite of Baekhoon.

If Baekhyun was timid, delicate looking, Baekhoon was bold, extrovert, and rebellious.

If Baekhyun was stars, polarlights, Baekhoon was lightnings, thunderstorms.

If Baekhyun was an angel sent directly from heaven, Baekhoon was a spawn of satan who ascended from hell to up lives, mostly Chanyeol's life.

Furthermore, Chanyeol discovered Baekhoon's great ability to tease. One day, he boldly told the taller male that he liked him, not failing to hint several times how he wanted to bring him in bed: by subtly glancing at Chanyeol's crotch, or by caressing his inner thighs, making him feel so uncomfortable, but at the same time, he adored the attention he was receiving: it was the first time someone showed interest in him!

If spending time with Baekhoon was quite nerve-wrecking, spending it with Baekhyun wasn't.

Baekhyun, little by little, revealed many more intimate things to Chanyeol, finding in him trust and sincerity. He was glad, because talking with Baekhyun had never left him bored or stressed out. Baekhyun and Baekhoon had the same voice, but somehow Baekhyun's was more soothing, relaxing. He liked it so much.

Other days, they would play video games, whereas Baekhyun would always beat his friend up, whatever game it was. Usually, Chanyeol would saying he voluntarily made him win, but the smaller guy would just stick his tongue out and flash a beaming smile afterwards, a smile that strangely had something fluttering inside Chanyeol.

It was already predicted that these two would make his life difficult, not to say miserable.

An example was the scene unfolding upon his eyes, where he was contended between the two - Baekhyun wanted to watch a new released film with him, Baekhoon invited him to a party he didn't know, and, unlikely to say, he promised to come.

Sighing, Chanyeol closed his eyes, regretting the decision he had just taken, "Okay, I'm going with you, Baekhoon."

Baekhoon let out a shriek of delight, while Baekhyun's hands dropped to his sides, along with his gaze. Chanyeol felt his heart being squeezed, "I'm sorry, Baekhyun, but I promised."

The latter hastily raised his head, showing an obvious forced smile, "No, it's okay.. I under—"

"Yeah, whatever," Baekhoon grabbed the taller guy by the arm, dragging him away, "Let's go Chanyeol. We're late."

In a blink of an eye, Chanyeol was pushed inside Baekhoon's car. The smaller male drove without saying a word, an agonizing silence that was soon pierced by loud music when Baekhoon parked near an alley that Chanyeol rarely frequented. It was a lively and active place, day and night, a few huge lights illuminating the rest of the dark street.

Just as fast he got into the car, Chanyeol was shoved into one of the pubs there. For a moment, he just stood there, astonished by the boisterous and rowdy music, which shook his entire system. A heavy scent of alcohol and sweat filled the atmosphere.

Baekhoon led him to the counter, where he ordered something for him and Chanyeol. The barista quickly mixed liquors and syrups, then a glass was handed to him, "What is this?"

The other guy smiled defiantly, "Just drink."

In one swig, Chanyeol emptied the glass and waited for his body's reaction to the drink. It was a bit sour, but he didn't throw up like how he expected would happen. Baekhoon ordered another two. They were delivered soon. Then, he stood on his tiptoes to reach Chanyeol's ear, "Come with me."

Guiding Chanyeol across the dance floor, they squeezed themselves through the people busy dancing to the rhythm of the music. Hands up in the air, bodies clashing with one another, the whole place was a chaos. Nevertheless, they managed to get through.

"Baekhoon!" A young red-headed man suddenly stood up from his table, waddling his way to hug Chanyeol's friend. In a matter of seconds, Chanyeol recognized the face. He knew that guy.

"Nice to see you too," Baekhoon said, untangling himself from the embrace, "So, Kyungsoo, this is Chanyeol, a dear friend of mine."

Lips curving into a big smile, Chanyeol shook Kyungsoo's hands, "This is incredible! I'm your fan, actually! I listen to your songs on youtube and I arranged some of it to be able to play them with the guitar!". It was all true. He was proud of the songs he arranged on his own. He usually played few at some school's event. He truly admired Kyungsoo and his singing.

Kyungsoo courteously thanked him as Baekhoon laughed, "Told you won't regret coming with me, Park."

They were both invited to sit at Kyungsoo's table where Chanyeol met Junmyeon, and his fiancé named Yixing.

Considering Chanyeol was a new guest, he didn't participate to the conversations, either laughed along when Junmyeon tried to tell lame jokes. He quite felt out of place, forced to only wander his eyes around, sipping his drink.

Soon after, Baekhoon pulled him to the dance floor, even though Chanyeol blurted out that he couldn't dance at all.

The volume of the music was raised even more. It was so high that Chanyeol's ear were going numb. He wouldn't be surprised if he would turn deaf by tomorrow morning. Baekhoon insisted on dancing, thus he just moved along the rhythm. His friend stepped closer, closing all the remaining distance between them. He swayed his hips, eyes slowly closing. Chanyeol had to admit it, it was something extremely attractive to see. The smaller male turned around, commencing to grind himself against Chanyeol.

A soft moan escaped Chanyeol's lips. Baekhoon's sinful curves and how they stirred were driving Chanyeol crazy, making his jeans suddenly uncomfortable and tight. He placed his hands on his hips, trying to control Baekhoon's movements before he completely lose his sanity.

Baekhoon turned to face him again, quickly slanting his lips across Chanyeol's ones, his hand darting upwards to grab a handful of the taller man's hair. Chanyeol's eyes closed itself, his grip tightening on Baekhoon's hips.

The kiss was pretty sloppy. Baekhoon tasted of alcohol, with a slight hint of cherry. He accidentally bit Chanyeol's tongue for two times, and after the third time, Chanyeol broke the kiss, panting, "Can you stop biting my—"

"I think we should ." Baekhoon breathed out.

Chanyeol frowned, "Come again?"

"I'm kind of wasted and I want to be ed," The other male repeated, a crooked grin on his face.

That was the cue for them to leave. Taking a closer look, Baekhoon looked very drunk and for sure he wouldn't be able to drive them home safe and sound, "Okay, it's time to go home now."

Baekhoon whined, struggling from Chanyeol's hold, who was already leading them towards the exit, "No, I don't want to go home!"

Purposely ignoring him, Chanyeol reached behind his back pockets to retrieve the car's keys. He opened the passenger door, where he placed Baekhoon, fastening his belt. He walked to the other side and prayed to the gods no police would stop them on they way home.

This time, the ride was pretty noisy: Baekhoon wouldn't stop singing, adding hiccups at the end of every verse, eventually cursing at Chanyeol for taking him away too early.

Relieved to had arrived home safely, Chanyeol got off the car before helping Baekhyun to get out. He stumbled a lot while walking, clearly showing the signs he couldn't stand on his own. Consequently, Chanyeol decided to carry him, bridal style, knocking on the Byun's door with his foot when he reached it.

Luckily, it was Baekhyun who greeted them, and not his parents, who would skin him alive for bringing their son drenched in sweat and stinking of alcohol. Baekhyun helped him carry his brother inside, gently putting him down on the couch.

After fixing some cushions under Baekhoon's head, Baekhyun went and came back with a wet towel and a glass of water. Chanyeol awkwardly stood there, watching him aid his twin, who was complaining about his sudden headache. Chanyeol's eyes fell on the time, opting to go home as well, "If you don't need anything else, I'm heading home now."

Baekhyun blinked, lifting his head to look at him, "Oh, okay. Please be careful."

Chanyeol couldn't help but to smile, "Baek, I just live next door."

"Yeah, but who knows."

Reaching out, Chanyeol ruffled his hair, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, large ears."







How could Chanyeol forget the day after tomorrow was a Monday and he had to go to school? Simple, because he was an idiot.

After nursing himself with two cups of coffee that morning to help him stay awake, together with an aspirin for the headache, his head was still throbbing and he could barely move a muscle. His classmates came to him, asking why was he like that, and the sole thing he could do was to emit grunts behind his hands, hoping they would understand that he wasn't in the mood of talking.

He had to talk though, when Baekhyun sat next to him, setting his things down on the desk, "Hey, Yeol. How are you?"

"Like . How about you?"

"Hn." Baekhyun slumped over his seat.

"And Baekhoon?" Chanyeol caught Baekhyun freeze, before slowly taking out his book, flipping to the page of today's lesson topic.

"He's okay. He's at school now, like you. My mum threatened to take his phone away if he misses another day of school.". He started to smooth the page out absent-mindedly. Chanyeol's oddly had his eyes fixed on his slender fingers, "So, how did last night go?"

Chanyeol's mood lightened up a bit, remembering who he met last night, "Fantastic! I've met Kyungsoo, Baek! The one who sings on youtube and about to release a new song under Foudre, a quite famous music company, may I say."

"Never heard of him, but looks like you had fun."

"Sort of."

"What else did you do?"

Straightening his posture, Chanyeol leaned back, intertwining his own fingers, "Nothing particular, no."

A kiss happened, though. However Chanyeol couldn't find a reason why to tell it to Baekhyun. After all, it was just a drunken kiss, he didn't feel anything relatively emotional beyond the pain he recalled feeling whenever Baekhoon bit his tongue.

"." He muttered as he glanced on the board, where his professor had scribbled numbers and a couple of unknown signs and symbols, at least to him.

Baekhyun followed his gaze, "Why?"

"We're doing those ing equations again and I pretty at doing them. I just can't understand how they work." He responded, frustratedly running his fingers through his hair.

"If you want, I can help you." Baekhyun suggested.

"Really?"

"Sure thing. Are you free this afternoon?"

Chanyeol furiously nodded, earning a chuckle from the other, "Yes! Come to my house at 2 pm, 'kay?"

"Okay."

The taller of the two heaved a sigh, contented, "How will I survive without you saving my , Byun Baekhyun?"

"You're practically dead by now." Baekhyun smiled widely.







Baekhyun came to his house so many times that seeing him and Chanyeol at night, on the couch, watching late night sitcoms, in pajamas, was a casual thing to see. That was why Chanyeol didn't bother to change from his comfortable pajamas pants and plain shirt when the doorbell rang.

He sprinted to open the door. Far than being utterly surprised, Chanyeol's brows knitted in confusion, "Baekhoon?"

The smaller male laughed, "Hyun, Yeol. Baekhyun."

His frown even grew deeper, "Baekhyun?"

He thought it was Baekhoon. Eye-lined eyes, dark leather jacket, black skinny jeans, it was his totally his style. But in front of him was Baekhyun, his twin, who should be wearing cute jumpers and not these kind of clothes.

"May I come in?" Baekhyun asked, shaking Chanyeol off his thoughts, further, tearing the taller man's eyes off him.

Chanyeol moved aside to let him in, "You looked different today."

"I wanted to try something different. Do you like it?"

He simply nodded. Baekhyun swiftly spun around, taking a seat on the couch, a blush appearing on his cheeks that didn't pass unnoticed to Chanyeol. At least Baekhyun's recognizable in that.

He sat next to him, taking out some pieces of paper and a pen under the coffee table he had prepared beforehand, "So, teacher Byun, teach me."

Baekhyun cleared his voice, leaning forward to grab a sheet of paper and the pen. He patiently explained every concept and rule existent in doing equations, Chanyeol listening intently, trying to follow each single step Baekhyun was showing him.

Every now and then, Baekhyun would interrupt just to rub his eyes. He did it a couple more times before a big reddish spot appeared more visible on his eyelids. Chanyeol stared to understand what caused the inflammation, causing Baekhyun to halt and looked at him, "Is there a problem?"

"Your make-up. It's irritating your skin." Chanyeol said sternly.

"No, it doesn't."

Liar.

The smaller guy was about to rub his eyes again when Chanyeol was faster in taking his wrist. He dragged Baekhyun upstairs to their bathroom.

There he commanded for Baekhyun to stay put as he crouched down to get a clean cloth under the sink. He dampened a big portion of the cloth, after that he beckoned him to come closer.

Baekhyun walked towards him. Chanyeol lifted his face up by his chin and started rubbing the make-up away, careful on not putting too much force to hurt him. Baekhyun placed his hands on Chanyeol's arm to remain steady.

With a hand passing the cloth on Baekhyun's eyelids, Chanyeol's other one was on his cheek. Then, he stopped to see if the make-up was gone. The smaller male had his eyes closed, a faint shade of pink on his cheeks and lips slightly parted. The sight made Chanyeol's heart go erratic. His breath hitched in his throat. His finger gently caressed his cheekbones as Baekhyun sharply breathed in, "Yeol.."

"Am I hurting you?" Chanyeol asked in a deep voice that he didn't even realize.

Slowly opening his eyes, Baekhyun shook his head. Those droopy eyes seemed shimmering to Chanyeol.

Baekhyun, you're so beautiful. The words reached his tongue before dying the instant he opened his mouth. What was he thinking to tell that out loud?

Baekhyun's hands slid off his arms. Giving him a small smile, muttering a "thank you", he started heading downstairs, whereas Chanyeol, still dazed, trailed after him.

"There'll be a european market opened Saturday, wanna go?" Baekhyun glanced back at him.

Unable to utter any words, he just nodded.







"Are you free tomorrow? Let's go watch Luhan's match."

"I can't. I'm already going out with Baekhyun."

"Who? The kid who seems an emo but is actually a hottie?"

"No, his twin."

"Ah," Sehun tapped his pen on the table, undoubtedly bored, "Are you guys dating?"

Chanyeol stopped reading his book to cast him a glance, "Uh.. No..". His look morphed from a panicked to a irritated one, "What kind of question is that?"

How he reacted made his friend's eyes lit up, a smirk playing on his lips, "You're so good at lying, lover boy."

Lying? Chanyeol wasn't lying. He and Baekhyun weren't dating.

If Chanyeol knew nothing about maths, it was more worse when it came about love, emotions, feelings. He had never been in a relationship. No late night dates, no sweet text messages, no arms wrapped cozily around another body.

That was why now, he couldn't decipher what kind of feelings overwhelmed him whenever he was with Baekhyun, or the reason why he felt them - the strange feeling in his stomach whenever he heard Baekhyun's laugh, how his heart immediately seemed to take a dive in an endless void whenever Baekhyun smiled sweetly at him, how the world would start spinning fast whenever he and Baekhyun slightly touched.

Was these the symptoms that you positively had fallen in love? Because Chanyeol, curiously, had got no intentions to be cured; and he would voluntarily ride again and again this roller coaster of emotions.







He knew he was late once he arrived to the bus stop. Baekhyun was already there, wearing a brown coat and a huge red scarf swallowing half of his face.

Chanyeol had had to help his mum to take inside the groceries, and by taking in, putting every product on its right place was included, apparently.

He called the smaller male out, "I'm sorry for arriving late!"

Baekhyun lifted his head. He grinned, "No worries. The bus is here, let's go?"

The taller one nodded, following his friend suit. They got on the bus, which was packed that morning. They had to squeeze themselves to get through, finding a small space near the exit.

Both of them held onto the same place of the pole. Chanyeol quickly panicked, as he was about to remove his hand, "No, it's okay, Yeol."

The driver started the engines once the last passenger had hopped on. The noisy chatter of the people there could be heard. There were some laughing along with their friends, catching the attention of the passengers nearby.

However, Chanyeol heard nor saw anything of those.

All he could hear was his heart beating fast like he had run a million miles, drumming loud in his ears, and all he could see was Baekhyun, standing with poise in front of him.

Chanyeol's body was flushed against Baekhyun's. Even through the clothes, he could feel the warmth he emanated. The scent of honey filled his nostrils, and Chanyeol remembered it was the scent of the shampoo Baekhyun always used. A scent that was addicting. Dangerously addicting.

The trip to the city center was quite short and quiet - fifteen minutes and they were already there. When the bus stopped, Chanyeol held out a hand to help the smaller male get off.

The weather was fantastic: the sun was shining brightly, and a soft breeze was blowing so that the temperature wasn't that hot.

The market was just in front the city's fair center. Medium-sized stalls were stationed to form a shape of a square. At the center, there were people dancing to a folkloric dance. The music in the air was combined with the mixed smell of baked and fried food.

Baekhyun was really excited that he wasted no time to drag Chanyeol by his wrist, starting to hop from a stall to another, tasting random delicacies, trying on knitted wear from countries of the northern part of europe, discussing on which souvenir was better to buy and take home.

They came into the conclusion that the best thing they'd tried was the stroopwafel, dutch biscuits with caramel syrup filling. The two loved it so much that Baekhyun ended up buying three packets to bring home.

Near afternoon the place was being more and more crowded. Chanyeol feared he might lose sight of Baekhyun. He didn't hesitate at one point to take the smaller male's hand, who hesitantly intertwined their fingers.

Baekhyun's hand was soft, smooth and warm, and way smaller than Chanyeol's. A grin spread across his face as he noticed how Baekhyun's hand perfectly fit in his own. It felt nice.

He was lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear Baekhyun calling his name, pointing at a furry bear mascot, "Let's take a picture, Yeol!"

Tagging Chanyeol along, he ran towards the mascot, asking if they could take a picture with him. The mascot heeded gleefully, nodding with his big head.

The two positioned themselves to each side of the bear, Baekhyun fishing out his phone from his pockets. Chanyeol did a peace sign, as well as Baekhyun, smiling widely to the camera. Then, they politely thanked the mascot, padding away.

"Look, we all look so cute!" Baekhyun exclaimed, showing the captured photo to the taller male.

"Nah, I think only the mascot and I look cute." Chanyeol smiled cheekily.

Gasping, Baekhyun slapped his arm, "Take back what you said!"

"No."

Baekhyun commenced throwing insults as well as hitting his arm. He just laughed it off, carrying on teasing the brunet.

Time passed by fast, and between eating and watching people make the fool of themselves dancing miserably, they realized it was late. Plus, the smaller guy started complaining about feeling tired. They agreed it was time to go home.

On the way back, the bus was nearly empty. Baekhyun sighed deeply as he took a seat at the back of the bus. Chanyeol followed and sat besides him.

Later on, when he was checking his phone, something heavy leaned on his shoulder. It was, no doubt, Baekhyun, who had fallen asleep.

Grinning to himself, Chanyeol fixed their position so that they could stay in comfortable position as possible. He wrapped an arm around him, pulling him closer. The smaller male still smelled like honey.

He wished the trip was longer, giving him more time to admire Baekhyun from a very close distance and to relish the minutes he had to keep him in his arms. Yet, the bus arrived to their stop. Begrudgingly, he woke him up.

Baekhyun abruptly sat upright, yawning. Chanyeol stood up, guiding himself and a still sleepy Baekhyun to the exit. Although they were already out and Baekhyun was awake enough to walk properly, Chanyeol didn't let go of his hand.

He only released Baekhyun's hand when they arrived to the Byun's front door. Chanyeol's hand suddenly felt cold and empty.

"Thank you for accompanying me at the market," Baekhyun smiled shyly, looking up to him.

"It's nothing."

"Well," The brunet's hand was on the doorknob, slowly twisting it, "Goodnight."

"Good—" His words were cut off by Baekhyun, who, all of the sudden, pressed his warms lips on Chanyeol's ones. It was chaste, not even giving him the time to perceive that he was being kissed by Baekhyun. After detaching his lips from Chanyeol, the brunet swiftly entered his house, adding no more words.

Chanyeol was left outside the door, with fingers caressing his lips.







Chanyeol was confused.

Firstly, because the professor was introducing a new topic on maths, and as usual, he couldn't understand a thing. Secondly, Baekhyun was sitting next to him, acting like nothing happened the day before.

Maybe it was his way to react after kissing a guy - calm and chill.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, had been anything except being calm, nor chill.

After the kiss, inside his room, Chanyeol was flooded by a sea of emotions, emotions that were hard to describe. He remained awake the whole night trying to make something out of it. And it led him to question himself on what he really felt for Baekhyun.

The problem was in that question. The problem was his feelings for Baekhyun. When Baekhoon kissed him at the party, he felt absolutely nothing. The other male even deepened it, but there was no sparks, no fireworks, nothing.
When Baekhyun kissed him, although it was fast, he felt something. Something indescribable that nearly caused an imminent heart attack to the taller guy.

Pondering over it, Chanyeol had thought to clarify everything with Baekhyun. Because he was part of the problem. So, he should help Chanyeol find a solution.

He was going to talk about it with Baekhyun. After he had mustered enough courage to do it. And maybe after admiring those pinkish lips translating to simpler words what the Maths professor had just explained.







Chanyeol's phone vibrated in his pockets, causing him to jolt. Hurriedly asking to the permission to go out, he went straight to the restroom and checked who had texted him at 9 am in the morning, on a school day.

From: BaekHoonMusic festival on Sunday at Toki University campus. Kai's band's playing. Pick you up @ 2 pm. Don't make me wait, dumbo.

He replied with a short message, agreeing to come. He had always liked music festivals and bands playing live, so why not?

It was a dull typical school day. Everything was boring. He had no one to talk to since he decided to purposely avoid Baekhyun, just for the meanwhile, focusing on figuring out his real feelings. Sometimes, he would notice Baekhyun's eyes staring at him. Nonetheless, he would painfully ignore him.

The last bell signaling the end of the lessons finally rang. Baekhyun suddenly came to him, asking if they could walk home together. Reluctant, Chanyeol said yes.

A figure was walking towards them when they got out of the building. Girls' passed by squealing, and boys surely didn't hesitate to cast him a glance. Chanyeol narrowed his eye, as if it would help him confirm that the guy was who he think he was, whereas Baekhyun groaned.

The guy slowly approached them, a grin plastered on his face, "Chanyeol! There you are! I've been waiting for you."

"I'm here too, Baekhoon."

"Who the cares about you, Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun glowered, as Chanyeol felt sorry for him. How could you be so harsh to a puppy?

"What are you doing here, Baekhoon?" Chanyeol intervened, pulling up his bag's strap which was falling off his shoulder.

Baekhoon reached out, caressing his arm, "Nothing, I just want to walk you home, that's all."

"You didn't go to school, do you?" His brother suddenly asked.

"Oh, shut up miss goody two shoes." After throwing a threatening glare to Baekhyun, he hooked his arm with Chanyeol's, forcing him to start to walk, "Should we go?"

Chanyeol looked back, clearly concerned of the smaller male trailing after them. Baekhoon talked about how his day was, without bothering to see if Chanyeol was listening, who, indeed, wasn't. His mind was somewhere else, somewhere where Baekhyun was.

Interrupting Baekhoon, he stopped on his tracks, waiting for Baekhyun to catch up. Baekhoon pulled up a confused face, "Chanyeol?"

He merely ignored him, "Hey Baekhyun, I heard your friend Minseok is opening a café.."

The smaller male halted to glance curiously at him, before genuinely smiling, "Oh yes, he is, on Sunday. I'm going to help him serve, do you want to come?"

Chanyeol was about to agree, until Baekhyun's twin brother butted in, "Sorry, sweet cheeks. But on Sunday he's already going with me to the festival."

There was a sudden silence.

"Baek, I—"

Too late. Baekhyun had casted his eyes down and ran away.

Chanyeol wanted to clear things up. He wanted to say sorry, that he didn't intend to hurt him. But all he did was to remain there, at his place, frozen. All he did was to listen something being shattered in pieces, and ignorant Chanyeol didn't realize it was his heart.







Sleep-deprived. Wrecked. Emotionally unstable.

That was Chanyeol for the passed two days.

He tried contacting and sending tons of messages to Baekhyun, to know how he was doing, but obviously he was ignored. He got the taste of his own medicine.

He didn't dare to go and knock next door to personally see how we was. If Baekhyun wanted space, and to forever forget him, Chanyeol was left but to comply and let him be.

How Baekhyun reacted that day made it clear that he had feelings for Chanyeol, and how Chanyeol reacted to it confirmed that also him, had feelings for Baekhyun. He was dumb to have noted it late, and in a very unpleasant way.

Their relationship didn't even exist and Chanyeol had already ed up. He tried convincing himself that it wasn't his fault for accepting to go with Baekhoon to the festival. But the problem didn't linger there, it lingered in how Chanyeol was stupid for not having enough balls to confess to Baekhyun. He was a man, for heaven's sake!

He was 100% percent sure that he liked Baekhyun more. Baekhoon could be more in everything - more attractive, curvier, more mysterious - however, he wasn't Baekhyun. He couldn't beat him in any games like Baekhyun did, he couldn't ed his brains out better than Baekhyun. He liked Baekhyun.

When it dawned to him, it was already Sunday. Baekhoon was endlessly pounding on their door while he was getting dressed, but in the back of his mind, he got no intentions on going with him. Kai and his band. the festival. Baekhoon.

"You're late Park Chan—" Baekhoon started as soon the door flew open.

"I'm sorry. I'm not coming with you."

"What?"

"I'm not going to the festival."

Baekhoon smiled smugly, making Chanyeol shudder a little, "You thought I didn't notice it, Park."

"Notice what?" Chanyeol frowned, hands leaving the doorframe.

"How you look at my brother! It was that kind of look that is so intense he might melt at any second. You like him, don't you?"

You like him. Those three words resounded in Chanyeol's mind. Three words that were the key to everything, the obvious answer to all those questions he came across, staying up late at night. You like him.

"It's okay to have such a taste, Yeol," Baekhoon patted his cheeks as soon as a rather dumb smile spread across the taller man's face, "You're hot, but you're boring as hell. Just like Baekhyun. You and him match very well." He mused, scrunching his nose right after. Chanyeol chuckled.

He quickly left after that, not forgetting to left a gentle peck on Chanyeol's cheek as good luck charm.

After closing the door, Chanyeol texted Sehun asking where the café was located, who replied him fast.

Even though he could ask his sister to drive him there, he opted to walk, so that he could expel a little of the pressure he was feeling of finally confessing to the guy he liked. He was getting anxious.

Minseok's café, Dolcezza, had clearly caught people's attention. The place was crowded, and once Chanyeol entered the café, the scent of newly baked donuts, cookies and muffins, along with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled his nostrils. The furnitures and the theme used gave an impression of being in english cafés - elegant, yet simple.

He would admire every single detail of the place, but his eyes were already looking for a small, smiley guy. He turned around hastily, bumping into the actual person he was searching. His hands flew fast to hold Baekhyun's arms, preventing him to fall.

"Chanyeol, what are you doing here?" The brunet gasped, surprised.

"We need to talk, Baek." Chanyeol hoped Baekhyun saw the desperation in his eyes, and heard the urgency in his voice.

Baekhyun did saw and heard it, "Luhan is going to replace me in a minute, can you wait?"

Chanyeol nodded, "Sure."

"Do you want me to bring you something to drink or eat while waiting?" Baekhyun asked, grinning sheepishly.

"I'd go for a coffee."

"Sugar?"

"Yes, please."







The weather outside was cold. Autumn's cool breeze blew against them, disheveling their hair. The cup of coffee in his hand was the only source of heat that warmed Chanyeol.

Minutes passed of them staying silent, watching people walk by, as brown crispy leaves fell from their respective branches. Both of them opened their mouth to say something at the same moment, which made them smile.

"You first, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun heaved a deep sigh before speaking up, "I didn't intend to act like that that day, I'm sorry. It's just that I'm good at anything, except for bottling up my feelings. It was painful to see you and my brother whenever you were together." His voice cracked, but it didn't make him stop spilling out what he felt, "Sometimes I wanted to be him. Because people actually like him more. He's more handsome and interesting. And I won't absolutely blame you for liking him.."

"But I don't like him, Baek."

And it was true. Maybe Baekhoon was all the things Baekhyun had just listed, and they were things that Chanyeol thought he'd like, but the reality was he didn't.

Chanyeol scooted closer to Baekhyun, a hand gently placing itself on his blazing cheek, "I don't like him, since the one I like was more into bloody video games and huge jumpers."

Then he kissed him, and it was slow and alluring, their lips molding perfectly to each other. When Baekhyun parted his lips, allowing Chanyeol to slowly slip his tongue in, that was when he exploded: Baekhyun's taste was addicting, he tasted so sweet that Chanyeol remained mesmerized.

It was what Chanyeol really wanted.

He didn't want the sourness of the drinks, the saltiness of the words and the bitterness he all found in Baekhoon.
All he wanted and needed was sweetness in his life. And only Baekhyun could give him that.