hotter than batman

Hotter Than Batman

edited

 

 

 

 

 

Two brunettes were sitting at a round table. They were both reading until a certain big-eared brunette interrupted the silence.

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat before looking up at the puppy who continued reading. Chanyeol ruffled his hair before he finally said something,” Sooooo, are you going to prom?”

 

Baekhyun looked up before closing his book. He knew this was going to take a while. He then said,” Well yeah, but you know, no ones asked me yet.”

 

Chanyeol mouthed an ‘oh’ before taking a breath. “Well, I mean how about-”

 

But he got interrupted by a squishy big eyed shortie holding a rose in one hand and waving the other. He had a big smile, that Chanyeol knew was a lie, but decided not to say anything. When the shortie finally came up to the front of the table he let out a breath before speaking. “Guess what?!”

 

Chanyeol then said, "Amanda Seyfried is coming to town.”

 

Kyungsoo scrunched his eyebrows and asked, " What the- No.”

 

Baekhyun then put on a confused expression, "She has a new movie?”

 

“What? Guys really? Come on how-”

 

Chanyeol then looked as if he got the answer and said, " She dumped her boyfriend!”

 

Kyungsoo then whacked Chanyeol with his rose on Chanyeol’s arm.

 

Chanyeol yelped and put his hand over the hurt arm. “Ow! You know that rose has thorns!”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before sitting down. “You’re wearing a sweater so shut up.” He then holds up his rose and smiles again. “Jongin asked me to prom!”

 

“Why?” Chanyeol asked before dodging Kyungsoo’s swinging arm.

 

Baekhyun laughed and said with a smile, “Congratulations Soo. How’d he do it?”

 

Kyungsoo, who forgot about Chanyeol’s previous question, smiled once again before he answered,” Well you see,this had the nerve to talk to Jongin-”

 

“Oh boy.” Chanyeol said while Baekhyun’s smile was starting to fade and his face started to show a confused expression.

 

“-and came up to me at the end of class. When she saw me she smiled but I just told her ’Get away ’. She frowned, but no one cared, and wanted to speak. I didn’t let her and started to walk away before she could say anything.

 

I then went to the library to return a book that I’ve had forever. Then this guy stormed in the library before getting shushed. By me. He ignored my shush and I’m like ‘who the do you think you are’. But anyways, the guy still ignored me and just blurted out ‘Jongin wants you to go to the dance studio’.

 

When I heard Jongin’s name and the dance studio I sprinted before I was finally at the studio. I fixed myself, since I was going to see the most beautiful being ever, and opened the doors.

 

When I did, it was dark for a sec before lights and music played. People then started to dance and I was starting to get bored. But then I saw him. Jongin was coming up with a rose in a suit dancing and stopped right before me.

 

The group of dancers got papers that I still don’t know where they came from, and spelled out ‘Will you go to prom with me?’.  So I jumped in Jongin’s arm and well, kissed him multiple times before saying yes!” When Kyungsoo was done explaining, he took a breath, before beaming.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol blinked at the short man. They both then smiled before congratulating Kyungsoo again. Chanyeol then said, "I should have known he had it in him. I should probably thank him too.”

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol with furrowed brows and asked,” Why?”

 

Chanyeol just looked at him with a serious face before he answered, "Since he’s able to even manage a satanic shortie like Kyungsoo.”

 

Baekhyun then hung his head back to laugh and Kyungsoo glared at him. Kyungsoo then raised a brow before he put out a hand towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol who saw this, sighed and put his arm on Kyungsoo’s hand. Kyungsoo smiled before he gave the arm a good punch. Chanyeol winced before he rubbed his arm. Baekhyun then smiled before he started to pack his things.

 

“Well as much as I love seeing Chanyeol getting whacked, I have to go. I’ll see you guys later.” Baekhyun then slung the arm of his bag on his shoulder before he waved at the two at the table.

 

When Baekhyun was gone, Kyungsoo glared at the big eared man in front of him. Chanyeol sensed someone looking at him and looked at Kyungsoo. Confused, the giant asked, “What?”

 

Kyungsoo leaned forward with squinted eyes and asked,” So when you gonna ask Baek to prom?”

 

Chanyeol sighed and ruffled his hair. “I don’t know. I want my promposal to be so amazing that Baekhyun has to say yes.”

 

Kyungsoo laughed and said, "So you have nothing.” Chanyeol frowned and shook his head.

 

Kyungsoo sighed before he got up. “Well, better ask him soon. A fine like Baek is going to get asked. So better hurry up before someone hotter, manlier, funnier, and overall better asks him ~.”

 

With that, Kyungsoo walked away with the rose up to his face. Chanyeol saw Kyungsoo smile and smiled as well. Chanyeol then screamed, "Behave yourself around Jongin!”

 

Kyungsoo just yelled back without looking back, "Ask him and maybe I will!”

 

Chanyeol smiled and started to pack his things as well.






 

~~~






 

Chanyeol was walking on a concrete path towards the vending machines, when he saw Baekhyun sitting on a bench reading. He had his reading glasses on which he kept sliding up when they were slipping down.

 

Chanyeol smiled before he saw a two guys come up to Baekhyun. Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he ran behind the first tree he saw. He then peeked his head out to see what was going on.

 

One guy started to play the guitar while one was holding a rose a sang. Chanyeol saw Baekhyun close his book and smile. When he saw the smile, he started to feel mopey. Chanyeol hid behind the tree. I guess I should’ve asked earlier, he thought. Kyungsoo is going to kill me if he sees Baekhyun go with someone who is not me.

 

Then Chanyeol heard the music stop and he peeked his head out. He saw the guy with a rose hand Baekhyun the rose and ask him something. Before Chanyeol can frown, he saw Baekhyun shake his head with a sympathetic smile. The moment he saw the scene play out, he yelled out a ‘yes!’ while punching the air. When he realized he said this out loud, he quickly hid behind the tree once again. Maybe I wasn’t that loud? When he peeks his head out once again, he sees Baekhyun wave at the guys walking away.

 

 

 

 

When the two boys were out of sight, Baekhyun sighs and turns around. He saw a head hide behind a tree and a quick ‘ouch’. Baekhyun then put an arm on his hip and yelled,” Just get out here already!”

 

After a couple seconds passed, Chanyeol came out. He saw the giant put on a surprised face and say, "Oh hey Baek! I didn’t see you there!”

 

Baekhyun raised one brow before he crossed his arms to the giant who is coming closer. He looked up at the man and asked, "So I didn’t see a guy, who had especially big ears, hide quickly behind a tree while Minjae and Donghoon serenaded me?”

 

Chanyeol frowned and responded, "Minjae and Donghoon? What now you’re close with them?”

 

Baekhyun just shook his head and smacked the tall idiot on the head.”So you were spying on me!”

 

Chanyeol then rubbed his head before he said, " Well yeah. What if those guys started to harass you?” Chanyeol’s eyebrows went up and he started to get closer.

 

Baekhyun laughed and asked, "With a guitar and rose? That’s what you get from a guitar and rose?”

 

Chanyeol smiled when he heard the beautiful melody ring out of the shorter’s mouth. He then gave up and said, "Fine I was spying on you.”

 

Baekhyun smiles and gives him an 'I told you so' look before going back to his things. Chanyeol followed the pup and sat down right next to him.  He then asked, "So what did you say?”

 

Baekhyun looked at him with a smirk and put on an innocent look. He shrugged and answered,” I don’t know. But let’s just say that I still don’t have someone to this cute guy to the prom.” He smiled at the last part while looking up to Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol tried to play it cool and looked away. Baekhyun just stifled a laugh when he saw Chanyeol’s little ‘victory’ hand movement. He then pretended to be invested in his book when Chanyeol looked back towards Baekhyun.






 

~~~






 

The two were walking from class arguing on which superhero is better.

 

“Are you kidding?! Batman is way cooler than Superman!” Baekhyun yelled.

 

Chanyeol just answered, "Well Superman actually has super powers and didn’t buy his way to superhero stardom.”

 

Baekhyun scoffed and said, " Well Batman is hot.”

 

Chanyeol scrunched his nose and said,” Pfft. I’ve seen hotter.”

 

Baekhyun smiled and looked up to his side to look at Chanyeol. He decided to play along and ask, "Oh really? Like who?”

 

Chanyeol shrugged and answered,” Me obviously. I mean, look at me.” Chanyeol then started to pose and Baekhyun cracked up when Chanyeol pretended to look at an imaginary watch.

 

They continued to talk when a certain blonde doe eyed man put his arms around Baekhyun and yelled, "Sehun asked me! He finally asked me!”

 

Baekhyun, who finally got his hearing back, smiled and said, "Congratulations Lu.”

 

Chanyeol patted Luhan on the shoulder and said, "Yeah congratulations. Surprised the brat even managed to breathe around you. How’d he do it anyway?”

 

Luhan squeezed himself in between the two and started to explain, "Well you see, he asked me out to lunch. We went to Ignis, which was beautiful. He even pulled out my chair. And don’t even get me started on what he was wearing, I mean that tie-”

 

Baekhyun interrupted, "Why don’t you just explain how it went?”

 

Luhan then looked as if he remembered something and continued, "Oh! Then when we went to the park. We were walking and talking, and holding hands, aw so romantic. Then he stopped me and tipped my chin up. He then stood beside me and pointed at the sky. And right there, was in plane writing, ‘U Me Prom?’”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun the started to crack up at the words that came out of Luhan’s mouth.

 

Chanyeol then started to wipe pretend tears and said,”’U Me Prom?” Chanyeol then started laughing all over again.

 

Luhan glared at the two before he said, "Well ‘Will you go to prom with me?’ was too many letters. Either way I said yes and we got dessert that day! Whoo!”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes before he said, "Congratulations once again.” Luhan gave him a hug and thanked him.

 

After Baekhyun had to go and talk with a teacher about something and said his goodbyes to both boys. Once he turned the corner, Luhan turned to Chanyeol. He raised a brow and waited to hear something from Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol looked at Luhan, and raised his own brow and said,” What?”

 

Luhan just tsked him and wagged his finger at him. “No one can wait too long Chanyeol~ Better hurry it up~” Luhan sang and walked away from Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol just sighs and shakes his head. He then muttered to himself, "I don’t know what to do though…”






 

~~~






 

Baekhyun found it weird that no one was free. None of his friends were free to go get something to eat or hang out. He texted Kyungsoo but he was hanging out with Jongin. He messaged Luhan but he just was not answering. He even texted Chanyeol and nothing. He started to feel hurt that he was alone. Baekhyun just let out a breath before walking to the library.

 

He put in his earbuds and played his music while walking. When walking he started to think about prom. He started to think of all his friends that were going and were asked out. He then started to think about this one specific giant, that has still not gotten the courage to ask anyone to prom. He smiled at the thought of him.

 

When he was half-way there, he got a message. Baekhyun took out his phone and saw it was a message from Jongin. What the heck? Baekhyun thought. He unlocked his phone before looking at the message.

 

From: Jongin

 

Go to the lunch tables.

 

Confused, Baekhyun answered with a quick okay. when the message was sent, he started to make his way towards the tables.




 

When he got there, he saw how it was so empty. He made his way towards the table that him and his friends usually sit at and sat down. He put his bag down on the table and his phone rang. He unlocked it once again and read the message.

 

From: Jongin

 

Not that one. Go to the square one near the planter box.

 

Baekhyun let out a groan before he sent his own message.

 

From: Baek

 

What the hell is going on? And why so instructive?

 

When the message was sent, he got up with his bag in hand, and walked towards the square table near the planter. When he sat down, his phone notification rang once again. Surprisingly, it wasn’t from Jongin.

 

From: Kyungsoo

 

;)

 

Baekhyun just furrows his brows before putting his phone back in his bag. He was starting to get his book out when the sound of music was starting to play. He looked up and saw a group of people walk towards him. Curious, he put his fisted hands under his chin.

 

The group of people dispersed into smaller groups and went to different tables. One person stood on top of each table, while the rest of the small group surrounded the table. Each person had one hand behind their back while they smiled.

 

Then the music got louder, and each person started to slowly dance. They were simple dance moves and their hand behind their backs went to the front of them. Each person was holding a single white rose.

 

Then Baekhyun started to hear a particular baritone voice sing. He saw a person in the distance walking with a microphone and stereo in hand. Baekhyun laughs and leans forward.

 

The tall giant was getting closer at each step and was singing with such sincerity. He even rapped a part in the song and Baekhyun smiled at it. When the song was beginning to end, each dancer started to come up to him and placed the roses on the table. When they stepped away, the roses spelled ‘Want to go to prom with me?’. When Baekhyun saw this, he beamed his brightest smile one had ever seen.

 

When Chanyeol ended his song, he placed the microphone and stereo down and walked towards Baekhyun. He went around the table and sat down near Baekhyun. He then smiled and asked,”So, can this hunk, the beautiful lady to prom?”

 

Baekhyun smiled and put his arms around Chanyeol. He then answered near Chanyeol’s ear, ”I thought you would never ask.” With that said, Chanyeol tightened the hug.












 

 

 

“Now am I hotter than Batman?”

Baekhyun laughed and answered,”Very.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n:

 

Sorry if there's mistakes. Hope you like it!