Fake It

Fake It

 

My birthday is coming soon. So I planned to have this weekend getaway as my birthday gift to myself. Let’s say that this is my ‘me time’, a break from the stressful life, my own version of ‘eat, pray, love’ squeezed into 2 days and 1 night.

I wanted to come here with my best friend Ham Eunjung but she made a lame excuse about work and cancelled the last minute. But since she does not want to have the ticket gone to waste, she gave it to her friend instead. She said, “Ji, you know her so it’s not going to be awkward.”

What she failed to mention is that, her friend is the awkward princess, Park Hyomin. Yes, I know Park Hyomin. We met in a few occasions. And, let me say, it’s always really awkward. She is quiet and she only speaks to Eunjung or say a few words to some people and that’s it. There is this awkward air always around her.

“Eunjung, I need this time to release my stress from all the thesis nd projects… and yet you chose to send Park Hyomin. Park Hyomin from all your other friends… you chose her? How do you expect me to have the time of my life?”

“Ji, you are exaggerating. Hyomin is not that bad. Once you get to know her, you’ll see that she is really nice.”

“Yeah right. You know how important this trip is to me, right? The only reason I invited you along is that you are my bestfriend and we promised to go to Jeju together. Had I known, I should have just gone by myself.”

“I’m really sorry Ji. Just look at it this way, you get to have a new friend in Hyomin.”

“Seriously? I planned this trip for myself. A celebration for finishing my thesis and getting that internship job. It’s my break after all these stressful life. I didn’t plan on looking after someone.”

“You make it sound like Hyomin is a kid. Ji, she’s 4 years older than you. And you don’t have to worry since the two of you are still awkward, you two may not be talking to each other the whole trip. So you get to have your ‘me time’.”

Jiyeon knew that having an argument with Eunjung is useless because there is nothing she can really do to change things. It’s already the night before Hyomin is already coming with her to this weekend trip. But since she is upset she doesn’t care if the argument goes to nowhere. She just wants to vent out her frustrations to Eunjung (which is the start of many in the coming 2 days). 

--

Jiyeon was was waiting along with the other passengers. She was wondering if Hyomin will show up.

Hmm…maybe she wouldn’t show up. Well I wouldn’t mind if she didn’t. Jiyeon smiled at the thought of travelling all by herself. She frowned upon seeing Hyomin get down from the cab.

Pfft. Well it lasted for a second. I bet she woke up late. Coming here by a cab. Jiyeon continue to criticize the other girl. Hyomin waited as the cab driver went to help her with her luggage. Seriously, is she that weak? She must have this princess attitude to have the cab driver help her with her bag. Seriously?! Jiyeon couldn’t belive what she was seeing. Ok I was wrong. She does not have this princess attitude. She needs help. Who the hell brings a huge luggage in a weekend trip??! It’s a freakin 2 day trip yet she brought her whole wardrobe. Ok maybe I wasn’t wrong with her having this princess attitude.

Hyomin walked slowly towards Jiyeon. “Hi” Hyomin greeted. Not waiting for a response, Hyomin went to search for her wallet in her bag. She took the ticket and gave it to Jiyeon.

Oh my… can she be any more awkward? How can she greet me awkwardly when we’re already going on a weekend trip together. At least she could have left some of her awkwardness at home. “Umm… you should give the ticket to the bus driver…”

“Actually…” Hyomin started but they were interrupted by the excited bus driver.

“Great! You are here! All passengers are here! We can leave earlier than schedule! Let’s go!” The overly excited bus driver exclaimed making everyone cheered except for the downhearted Park Jiyeon and the awkward Park Hyomin who both just stood there.

Seeing that Hyomin has no plan on moving, Jiyeon sighed inwardly. “We should go inside the bus. We don’t want to be the cause of delay.”

“Ahh…neh.” Hyomin said. She sighed then followed Jiyeon inside the bus. The bus driver helped Hyomin with her luggage. He was still smiling despite having trouble carrying Hyomin’s heavy bag.

--

Jiyeon sat by the window, put on her headset and closed her eyes. She hopes Hyomin will get the message that she is in no mood of talking during the whole bus ride.

Hyomin sat beside Jiyeon. She opened her bag and pulled her camera.Jiyeon peeked at what her seatmate was doing. “I hope you don’t mind. I just love taking pictures.”

“I see.” Jiyeon said uninterestedly and closed her eyes again.

Click.

“Mianhe. Hope you don’t mind.”

“Umm…please don’t.” Jiyeon said. She is already pissed at the idea that she is going to spend her weekend getaway with Park Hyomin. Plus, she has to seat with her during the whole bus ride.

“Would you like me to take a photo of you?”

Jiyeon peeked again wondering who her seatmate is talking to now. She saw her making friends with the other passangers. Pft. She’s not that awkward to stangers. Maybe she’s less awkward with her camera. Doesn’t matter, we are already awkward with each other so there is nothing we can do about it.

“What?” Jiyeon asked after a few minutes of attempt to ignore Hyomin who was fidgeting and trying to start a conversation by saying “ummm…”

“Umm…”

Jiyeon waited patiently…

“Is it ok if we switch seats? The scene is beautiful outside and I like to take pictures. I figure… I figure since you had your eyes closed we can switch seats. But if you don’t want and if you want to enjoy the scene, I don’t mind.” Hyomin narrated.

I think she forgot to breathe. “Arasso.” Jiyeon agreed hoping that her seatmate will not bother her and it worked. Hyomin didn’t bother her. Ji noticed that it’s been quite some time that Hyomin was not bothering her. It was quite a record. Again, she peeked. “No wonder.” Hyomin was asleep. She wondered why does she not like Hyomin?

“Ahh… young love. You’re already seating next to each other yet you still can’t help but stare at her while she sleeps. Can’t get enough of her beauty eh?”

Jiyeon was caught off-guard by the statement. She looked back only to find the couple next to them looking at her teasingly. “Wait… what? Aniyo…” Jiyeon denied but it was a failure as she only get teased more by the other couples as well. Almost every passengers in the bus were couples so not wonder they get the idea of her and Hyomin as couple. “Ani”

Jiyeon’s whining woke Hyomin up. “Waeyo?” Hyomin asked while cutely rubbing her eyes.

“Ahh… nothing nothing. Go back to sleep.” Jiyeon said while covering Hyomin’s ears.

Still sleepy, Hyomin looked at Jiyeon asking if she was sure. Ji nodded so Hyomin closed her eyes and went back to sleep. The younger girl was glad that Hyomin listened and went back to sleep. She looked back only to find more teasing looks from the other passengers.

Could this get any more awkward??

--

It was a long day. The bus toured them around the island. It was part of the package they purchased. Tomorrow is their free time so they can go around the island on their own only with the condition that they have to be back by 2pm for the ride back to the city.

The tour finished around evening. The other passengers invited the two to have dinner together. Over the tour, all passengers have bonded.

Minyeon went to their shared room. “Umm… do you want to go first?” Hyomin asked Jiyeon awkwardly.

“Nah… you go ahead.” Jiyeon replied lazily. She plopped herself to bed. She realized that they will be sharing the bad as well. So much for me time. Most of the passengers were extra friendly. They are always talking. Hyomin is even entertaining them. Jiyeon recalled the events earlier. When she couldn’t take it any longer, she pulled Hyomin from the group and walked by themselves.

“Jiyeon.”

“Jiyeon.”

“Hmm…?”

“Wake up. It’s almost 8. We’re supposed to have dinner with the rest.”

“5 more minutes…”

5 more minutes took another 30 minutes. Jiyeon woke up when she felt her tummy grumbling. She rushed to take a shower and changed. She didn’t do it on purpose but she doesn’t mind not joining the rest of the group. They were too noisy and nosy for her. However, she felt sorry for Hyomin who waited for her for almost another hour. Her hopes went down when the couple called them out waving excessively. Having no other choice, Jiyeon went to join them.

It was a loud dinner too loud for her liking but it wasn’t that bad. They were all funny and fun. Throughout the dinner the two will be teased. They both denied being a couple but the others won’t believe them. Or they continue to say that they are meant to be. They will smile awkwardly but they decided to let it pass knowing that their new found friends are all drunk. The couples went to dance at the center. Jiyeon and Hyomin both watched while eating. From time to time, they will be asked to join.

They were watching when, “Can I have this dance?” They saw a hand in front of Hyomin. It was one of the married couples.

“Please accept it. My husband would not stop until you agree.” The wife encouraged Hyomin.

Hyomin looked at Jiyeon first asking if she will be alright alone.

“Don’t worry I’ll stay and guard her.” The wife teased Hyomin.

“Well?” The husband asked.

Hyomin smiled and took his hand. They went to the center and danced. The music started to change into a more beat one, and the husband started to dance crazily.

“Hahaha… maybe I should have warned her first about my husband’s crazy moves.”

“Nah…She’ll be alright.” Jiyeon replied.

The wife raised her eyebrow towards the younger girl who keeps denying the chemistry between her and Hyomin.

“What?” Jiyeon asked despite knowing the meaning behind the wife’s stare.

“Nothing.” The wife answered a meaningful nothing.

They both looked back to see Hyomin also dancing crazily. The wife pulled Jiyeon to the center and joined the two crazy dancers.

It was totally embarrassing for Jiyeon. She was a dancer. She joins national comptetion for dancing and this was a disgraced. She was going to back to her seat but Hyomin pulled her back and started jumping with all the crazy moves. “Come on. Let loose.”

No. Jiyeon was not going to give in. but Hyomin started cheering her name and the rest followed. Falling into peer pressure, Jiyeon gave in. She jumped. She mimicked those crazy moves they called dancing. It was fun. Like really fun.

--

The other couples invited Minyeon to join them as they tour around the city but Jiyeon declined saying that she planned to go on her own. She was disappointed when Hyomin decided to follow her.

Hyomin was planning where they should go but Jiyeon has other plans. First she was annoyed that she didn’t get her alone time. Second, she doesn’t like the fact that someone else is making plans for her. “Unnie, I want to go here.” Jiyeon pointed a random piture from the catalog.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.” Jiyeon answered sure as she can be.

“It’s far. We may not have time to go see the other places.”

“It’s fine. After all, I wanted to go here because of this.”

“Ohh… hmm… ok.”

Jiyeon smiled triumphantly because Hyomin agreed to her demand. She was in control. She looked at the photo her finger is pointing at. “.” Jiyeon went pale. Karma was not on her side this time. Karma has never been on her side this whole weekend.

“Palli Jiyeon. We don’t have much time.” Hyomin called out. Jiyeon followed Hyomin lifelessly.

She does not know for how long she has been standing at the cliff. She does not even know how she got there. Her mind was blank the whole time.

“Jiyeon.” Hyomin called snapping the younger girl out of her trance.

“Neh?”

“Fighting!” Hyomin cheered.

“Wait! We are doing this together.” Jiyeon said firmly. Hyomin was going to decline but Jiyeon insisted.

Now the two were standing on the cliff with the harness on. Hyomin was loudly cheering herself on while Jiyeon was scolding herself.

There were cheers below. And they saw their fellow passengers cheering them on.

“Miss, you really have to jump. A lot of people are waiting for their turn as well.”

“Wait.”

“If you want you can step aside and let them go first.”

“No! We are going.” Jiyeon faked her confidence. Okay Ji you can do this. You are wearing a harness so it’s safe. What else can happen? Besides wasn’t this your idea? You freaking stupid idea. Why cant you just point out a café or a museum?! Why….. “Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Hyomin hugged Jiyeon and jumped off the cliff.

They swayed and swayed until they both fell on the river. Jiyeon was so angry because she was caught off guard. She wasn’t even ready.

Hyomin on the other hand was laughing so hard.

Jiyeon glared at Hyomin then swam back alone. She ignored Hyommin who kept apologizing.

--

“Over here!!!” Jiyeon saw Eunjung calling them. “I came to pick you up.” Jiyeon was giving off this silent treatment. “My treat.”

Jiyeon nodded.

“Hyomin, why don’t you join us?” Eunjung offered making Jiyeon glare at her.

“Thank Jungie but I’d rather rest.”

“Are you sure?”

Why is this stupid Jungie so persistent. Hyomin already said no!

“Yeah I’m sure. Bye.”

“What did you do to her?” Eunjung asked Jiyeon when they got into the car.

“Nothing.”

“Jiyeon”

“If there is anything, it’s her fault. She’s the one who has been beating me up the whole weekend.”

“I can’t believe you can be this childish.”

“Childish?!  Who the hell brings a huge luggage in a weekend trip? She’s awkward. Why does she even decide to go with me? She just makes things awkward for me. And she even ake friends with those noisy nosy couples. She even pushed me into this bungee jump. That’s not cool. Not at all.” Jiyeon kept ranting. Eunjung of course known all these because Jiyeon here has been ranting to her the same thing all weekend.

“I really think you misunderstood her.”

“Me? Misunderstood her? Please enlighten me.” Jiyeon said rolling her eyes.

“One. She never really wanted to go. I pushed her to go.” Eunjung explained.

“You what?!”

 

Flashback (Friday evening)

 

“Hello Hyomin” Eunjung answered the call

“Jungie”

“When did you came back?”

“Just now. Jungie, can I stay at your place?”

“Sure. Where are you?”

“In front of my apartment.”

“Do you want me to pick you up?”

Hyomin shook her head as if Eunjung was in front of her. “I’ll call a cab.”

Hyomin just came back from a 5 day overseas business trip. She and Eunjung knew each other from college. Hyomin is very shy but once you get to know her, she is fun and dorky.

“Hyomin ah!” Eunjung welcomed her friend in a tight hug.

“Thanks Jungie.”

“How was your business trip?”

“It was a success. We closed the deal.”

“Deabak!”

“Thank Jungie for letting me stay here.”

“You’re welcome here anytime. If you want you can just stay here.”

“Ani… I’ll go back tomorrow. I just… I just couldn’t go inside earlier.”

“Shhshh… it’s ok. It takes some time.”

Hyomin just smiled.

“What do you think about going to Jeju tomorrow? For the weekend. I mean you are not in a rush to go home yet and you don’t have work today.”

“We’re going together? We don’t have tickets.”

“I have but just one. Jiyeon gave it to me but I don’t really feel like going because Qri is free tomorrow and we both know that she rarely has free schedule. So…”

“Jiyeon? I barely know her. It will be really awkward to go there with her. So no thank you.”

“Come on… help a friend in need.”

“Jungie, just call Jiyeon and cancel. Give the ticket to your other friends who is also friends with Jiyeon.”

“I called them but they all have plans. I feel bad leaving Jiyeon alone. Someone has to look after that kid.”

“Jiyeon is in her senior year. She’s graduating in a few weeks. She can take care of herself.”

“OK then… do it for yourself. You don’t have to look after her. I know you need this ‘time’ too.”

“Don’t turn this into me. The answer is no.”

“Please…”

“No.”

“Fine. I’ll go to Jeju then.”

“Good. It’s all set. I’ll go to sleep first. Thanks Jungie.”

When Hyomin was already sleeping, Eunjung snuck the ticket inside Hyomin’s wallet. “You’ll thank me later. So you’re welcome.”

The next morning, Hyomin left early. She didn’t see Eunjung so she thought the girl has left for her Jeju trip. She called a cab. She saw the ticket inside her wallet. “Why is this here? She must have forgotten it. Aish... Ahjussi, can we go to this place first?”

Hyomin walked out of the cab trying to find Eunjung. She saw Jiyeon looking at her. She walked to the younger girl and showed the ticket. She was going to ask where Eunjung was when suddenly, the bus driver took the ticket from her and exclaimed that they are going to Jeju. When Jiyeon called her that was hen she realized that Eunjung tricked her.

 

End of Flashback

 

“So you see… Hyomin never really planned to go to Jeju. I tricked her.”

Jiyeon felt a rush of guilt. She was unfair to Hyomin. She would have known this has she talked to the ther girl. But no, she always ignores Hyomin. “I hate you.” She said to Eunjung. She hates Eunjung for making her the bad guy and for making her guilty of her actions.

“Mianhe.”

“Fine.”

“Thank you…”

“You should be thankful that I won’t be seeing her soon. And that I am in a good mood since my internship will start tomorrow.”

--

“Good morning interns. If you are here, it means you are the best of the best. You all have been brief about this internship program. And I’m sure you have heard how challenging yet rewarding this programcan be in your career. So for your first month, you will be assigned in the Marketing Department. I will let one of our top Brand Managers handle your training. She just came from a 5 day business trip overseas and had closed a very important deal. Too bad she has decided to leave the company. If any one of you managed to convince her to stay, that person will be rewarded. Please welcome, Park Hyomin!”

“Hello I am Park Hyomin. Please forgive Soyeon here. She was just kidding about convincing me to stay in the company.”

Soyeon mouth “I am not. I am serious” to the interns earning giggles.

Jiyeon was beyond shock that Park Hyomin will be her boss for a month. Hyomin was equally shock but recovered faster.

“Though this is my last month, I am still giving my best to train you so I expect none of you slacking off. Please introduce yourself.”

Jiyeon was thankful that Hyomin pretended not to know her. She does not want to think that she got the internship because she knew someone from the company because the truth is she worked hard to get this internship. She avoided the young boss. Jiyeon watches as the ther interns interact with Hyomin.

“Jiyeon! Hyomin ssi invited us for lunch. Would you like to join us?”

“No thank you.” Jiyeon declined making some lame excuse. She decided to go to the rooftop and call Eunjung. She used the empty staircase. Jiyeon heard someone entered the staircase and it was Hyomin followed by Sunny. She didn’t mean to eavesdropp on her boss but what can she do?

“What do you want Sunny?”

“You weren’t answering my calls. So I came to see you.”

“I think you know why.”

“Hyomin please”

“Stop it Sunny. The others are waiting for me.” Hyomin said about to leave but Sunny stopped her.

“We’re not over. Hyomin I love you. And I know you love me back.”

Slap! Hyomin was shocked of what she has done. “I’m sorry.”

“No don’t be. I deserve it. But it doesn’t change anything. I love you and you love me.”

“We’re over.”

“No! We are not! Not when we both love each other and you cannot deny that!”

“Yes! I love you! Happy?” Hyomin started crying. “Yes, I do love you so much. And I am dying inside. Each and every single minute I’m dying.”

“Hyomin ah, I’m sorry.” Sunny hugged Hyomin. “We can still be together. No one can ever come between us.”

“Sunny we can’t.” Hyomin released herself from Sunny’s embrace. “You are getting married. You choose to get married to someone and that someone is not me.”

“This marriage is just an arrangement. After one year, we will get divorced and we can finally be together.”

“You say it like marriage is just a business contract.”

“Hyomin, it is just a business contract. We can still be together like before. We kept our relationship a secret.”

“I agreed to have our relationship kept as a secret because I know we will be together someday. This time is different Sunny. You will get married. And you are asking me to be your mistress. To ruin a family… I can’t. Goodbye Sunny.”

“Hyomin, you can’t do this.”

“I can. I just did. Goodbye.”

After Sunny left, Hyomin cried her heart out. Jiyeon doesn’t know what to do. She wanted to go to the other and hug her and tell her she is not alone but she only watched Hyomin. Suddenly Hyomin’s phone rang. Hyomin tried to stiffle her sobs before answering.

“Yes?” Hyomin faked a cheery voice.

“Where are you? Everyone is waiting.”

“I’ll be there in a sec.”

Hyomin wiped her tears tooka few deep breathes before going down. She used the staircase so she will have more time to calm herself.

“Hyomin! Where have you been? What took you so long?”

“Umm… actually…” Hyomin was trying to find an excuse.

“Acutally, she convinced me to join. I am sorry for my attitude.” Jiyeon answered. Hyomin looked at Jiyeon questioningly. Jiyeon just gave her a smile.

Hyomin smiled back. “Thank you.” Hyomin mouthed.

JIyeon thought that Hyomin will bombared her to give an explanation. Instead, she never really asked her why or how she witnessed the scene between her and that Sunny. Jiyeon recognizes Sunny. Infact she likes her but after what she did to Hyomin, Jiyeon can never forgive that Sunny. Jiyeon made a promised to herself not to let that Sunny anywhere near Hyomin… Not when she is around.

--

A few days have passed and the working environment became better for Jiyeon. It was Friday and almost everyone in the department has left except for Hyomin. After she finished her job, she decided to go home.

“Jiyeon?” Hyomin asked wondering why Jiyeon was in front of their office at this hour. “What are you doing here? It’s past 7pm.”

Instead of an answer Jiyeon gave a grin.

Hyomin laughed at the intern’s childish act and went near her. “Well I’m hungry. Do you want to join me?”

Jiyeon face lit up and nodded nonstop. Jiyeon was really starving. They went to a nearby diner and ate.

“What were you doing downstairs?” Hyomin asked.

Waiting for you. Making sure that that Sunny never bothers you again… and… and… “I have nowhere else to go. I don’t feel like going home yet.” Jiyeon lied.

“You could have gone upstairs and helped me finish my work.” Hyomin joked.

“I didn’t know you were upstairs.” Again another lie from Park Jiyeon.

Jiyeon stopped Hyomin from paying the bill. “My treat.”

Hyomin raised her eyebrow.

“I have two coupons.”

“Where did you get them?”

“They sent it to me a few days ago as my birthday gift.” Jiyeon said.

“When is your birthday?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Why you didn’t tell us? So what are your plans?”

“Eunjung planned this trip to the beach. But I don’t feel like going so I might bail.”

“Haha just like what she did to you?”

“Haha yes.”

“Where do you plan to go then?”

“I don’t know yet. Maybe I’ll decide tomorrow.”

“At least let us know where you are so we’ll know that you’re safe.”

“Would you like to come with me? I think both of us can use this trip.” Jiyeon offered. “We don’t really have to talk to each other. We can just be there as each others company… having each others back.”

Hyomin knew that Jiyeon was implying about her incident with Sunny. She thought for a while…

--

Jiyeon waited in front of the train station. She smiled upon seeing Hyomin.

“I see you packed lighter this time.” Jiyeon teased. She was trying so hard to hide her excitement.

“Haha”

“I’m glad you decided to come.”

“I remember Eunjung told me that someone has to watch your back.” It was Hyomin’s turn to tease this time.

“Yah! I’m not a kid anymore.”

“Haha. Well, like you said, we are each others company and we have each others back.” Hyomin replied. “So where do we go captain?”

--

The month passed so quickly. It means, it was time for Hyomin to leave the company.

“I see you interns failed to convince Park Hyomin to stay… you all failed me.” Soyeon said dramatically during Hyomin’s farewell dinner.

“Stop it Sso.”

“See? Our Hyomin is still trying to protect you (interns) even on her last day. See how great of an asset she is…” Sso continued her dramatic act earning laughs from the rest. “Anyway! Let’s give this stubborn Park Hyomin a blast of a farewell party she’ll never forget.”

“Hyomin ssi, what is your plan?”

“I’m going for a vacation in Japan then China. Who knows maybe I’ll stay in China or Japan.”

--

Hyomin was in the airport waiting to board the plane. She sat at the window seat. As soon as she sat, she closed her eyes. She wasn’t asleep but she does not feel like talking to her seatmate.

“Excuse me. Would you mind if we switch seats? The view outside is nice and I see that you have your eyes closed. I thought it was such a waste. But if you want to watch the view outside, I don’t mind seating here next to you and watching it together.”

These words sound familiar. So does the voice. Hyomin turned and was shocked to see Park Jiyeon.

“Whhaa??”

“What am I doing here? Ummm… well you have to be more specific. If what am I doing here beside you? I asked that nice lady to switch seats with me 30 minutes ago.” Jiyeon explained.

“What are you doing here?” Hyomin asked.

“Oh you mean in this plane. This plane is bound to Japan right? You got me worried there for a second. I thought I board the wrong plane.”

Hyomin raised her eyebrow.

“Oh oh you mean what I am doing here when I should be working. Well, I quit my internship.”

“You what?!” Hyomin exclaimed.

“Shhshh… you are causing a commotion. Yes I quit and I am going to Japan.”

“Why?”

“Finally. A different question. It means I got it right this time.”

“Jiyeon…”

“Someone told me that someone has to watch your back.”

“Yah that’s my line.”

“Arent we each others company? Didn’t we say we have each others back?

“Jiyeon…” Hyomin said staring at Jiyeon. She is not naïve. She knew what Jiyeon meant. “ I am not ready yet…”

“So am I. But it does not mean that I don’t want to be by your side.”

Hyomin smiled. “That’s good because I got used to having you around.”

They sat back comfortably both wearing smiles.

--

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyeon woke up from a nap. Hyomin was still asleep and she can’t help but admire the beauty next to her.

“Ahh young love. So sweet.”

Jiyeon turned to look at the other passenger to see a young married couple.

“Mianhe, I couldn’t help but comment at you and your girlfriend. Watching the two of you… you are a sweet couple.”

“Oh we are not a couple.”

“Really? My bad. It’s just that you two seem so perfect.”

Jiyeon looked at Hyomin who was watching her. They stared at each other for a while and smiled.

“Well… not yet