Chapter 1

You five, are Exo-E
“Number 17, Katrinna”
 
As they called my name i stood up in the waiting room, all the anxious faces staring at me as i walked into the audition room. There was a lot of girls here. But what did i expect? This is Los Angeles after all. I was in the room with 5 other girls are we were taught choreography. Once we learned it all,  it was time to audition. We were led into another room with three people sitting at a table. After we danced for them, they asked us to sing our individual songs we had picked. After it was all over i was relieved, but i felt kind of a rush. I forgot how much i liked performing in front of people. A few days passed and i didn’t hear anything back. On the fourth day after my audition i got a call. They wanted me for a second audition. After i went back with a different song and learned a different dance, with way less girls, i was starting to get a little hopeful. After i left that day i got a call back two days later. Not asking for an audition. But asking me to meet at someone’s office at the SM building in LA. I showed up, not expecting much, as i was directed to someone’s office. When i got to the room, the door was already open, and a man and women, dressed business-like, were sitting at a desk. In front of the desk were five chairs, three of them already occupied by girls around my age. 
 
“Hi Katrinna! It’s good to see you again! Please take a seat!”
 
The women cheerfully greeted me. I hadn’t realized she was one of the judges during auditions. I looked at the seats available and took the spot next to the blonde girl. It
 
wasn’t too blonde, but not dirty blonde either. Either way, it was still a contrast to my chestnut brown hair. I didn’t really have time to look at the other two girls before one more came bursting through the doorway.
 
“Sorry if i’m late!” Her high pitched voice rang. She was beautiful, with super dark long hair. Her eyes were shining an emerald green. 
 
“Not late at all, Ava. Please take a seat.” The same woman who greeted me said. The girl, apparently named Ava, looked at me giving a small smile before sitting down. 
 
“Alright! Now that we are all here..” The man started, finally speaking. “I would firstly like to congratulate you all. Your talents have shined so bright, which is the reason you are here today. This is going to be a lot of information to take in, but i hope you all will be open minded to this tremendous opportunity being presented to you.” He stopped, looking at each of us.
“Are any of you familiar with the group EXO?” He asked us. Exo? I had never heard of them. We all sat it silence, glancing at each other with curiosity. The man let out a small grunt.
“Well then let me inform you. They are a group with two subgroups. EXO-K is the Korean subgroup and EXO-M is the Mandarin subgroup. These two groups are both comprised of six members. K obviously promotes in Korea, and M promotes in China. The main SM Entertainment headquarters is in Seoul, Korea and it is about 5 times the size of this one. While i was doing work there they came up with a new idea for EXO. The idea was, an EXO-E which stood for English, comprised of American members. This topic has been debated for a few years now, and finally, SM has gone through with it. You five, are EXO-E.”