End

Bad Days

Kibum felt like he's having the worst day of his life.

 

First, he woke up late in the morning that caused him to be late for his first class, and as a punishment his teacher made him run around the school grounds for 15 minutes. Then, he lost his “lucky” pink pen the one that he always uses when they have a big test. Not wanting to fail, he then settled on using his regular pen, which pissed him off and made him more moody than he already is. 

                               

And when it was lunch time he realized he forgot to pack himself lunch because he was in a hurry to leave his house. And he also forgot to grab his wallet which is on the table beside his bed. He then tried to find his best friend Jonghyun, who is a year older than him, to borrow money. But unluckily, Jonghyun's classmates told Kibum that the older had a flu and was absent.

 

And with that, Kibum decided to go back to their classroom and sleep all his hunger and sadness away.

 

Kibum was awoken by a light tap on his shoulder. Still, in a haze Kibum looked up and saw his seatmate, Minho. He and Kibum aren't really that close but Kibum treats him like a friend. They would

sometimes talk but always in an academic way so, Kibum is really surprised to see him.

 

“Yes?” Kibum replied, voice still hoarse from sleeping

 

“It's time to go home, you slept thru the rest of the class” Minho replied with an expressionless face

 

Kibum turned his head to look around and his eyes met an empty classroom. There is no one left except for him and Minho.

 

“I slept for 2 hours?! Damn. I'm so dead.” Kibum thought as the information slowly sink in to him

 

Minho seemed to see the worry in Kibum's eyes so he replied, “Don't worry we didn't do anything. Our Science teacher was absent and our English teacher just announced that we will have another quiz next week. So, you don't have to worry. I didn't woke you up because you look really tired and I guess you needed rest”

 

 Kibum was relieved to hear that he didn't missed any important thing in class and at the same time he was really touched by Minho's gesture. He never really thought that Minho cared for him that way. Well, maybe his luck is finally changing.

 

“Wow, Thank you so much Minho-yah. Someday, I'll find a way to repay you” Kibum said with a grateful smile

 

“Well..... You could repay me by going out to the movies.... with me..... This Saturday......?” Minho asked nervousness still evident in his voice.

 

Kibum was taken aback by Minho’s sudden confession. He’s usually a pro in handling things like this, he would always receive confessions from boys and girls and he would always find a way to somehow break the news to them that he was not interested in a less hurtful way. But with Minho, he doesn't know how.

 

Minho is a really nice and Kibum even thought that he and Minho could be best of friends.  He likes Minho, but not in the way Minho wanted. He really doesn't want Minho to keep on waiting so he mustered all of his strength and tried to not hurt him as much as possible.

 

“Uh.... well, I'm sorry Minho but I can't”

 

“Oh..... its ok..” Minho tried to sound fine but the sadness in his voice is still there.

 

“It’s not that I don’t like you... I mean I like you as a friend but... It’s just that I have a boyfriend... so… I can’t” Kibum tried to explain to the other boy

 

“OH… Oh...” was all that Minho could say

 

“I'm really sorry Minho-yah... I really don't want to hurt you.... I'm really sorry” Kibum looked down because tears were suddenly forming in his eyes. He doesn't want to hurt his new found friend.

 

Kibum felt Minho’s hand on his shoulder again, “It's ok, Kibum-ah. It good that you told me sooner, it really save me an amount of time. Don't worry, I'll be fine.” Minho tried his best to smile “So, I'll be going now Kibum-ah. Bye”

 

When he heard heard the door close which signaled Minho's departure, Kibum didn't even try to stop his tears from falling. He cried, not just because of Minho. He cried because of all the frustrations he had felt today, he cried because he was tired, hungry, sad and alone.

 

After a few minutes of crying, he packed up his things and head on his way home.

 

 Kibum was alone for the time being because his parents decided to go on a vacation for their 15th anniversary. Upon arriving, he went straight up to his room to shower and change. After, he prepared himself a meal. It's a good thing his mom left the fridge with enough food so that he won't need to go out and buy something. After he finished eating, he did the dishes and head straight to his bedroom.

 

He got his laptop and logged on in his facebook account. And then he saw Jinki's name with a green light beside it, he was about to click it when a small chat box with the latter's name pop-up.

Lee Jinki: Hi Bummieeeeeeeeee :)

Kim Kibum: oh… hi hyung..

Lee Jinki: hey, bummie what's wrong?

 

Kim Kibum: nothing, just having a bad day...

 

Lee Jinki: oh… I missed you so much… L

 

Kibum missed Jinki too. He hasn’t been able to talk to the older for two days because Jinki was busy studying for their final examination. Jinki is 2 years older than Kibum, and he’s now in college taking up law. Kibum hated the fact that Jinki is far away from him, he only gets to see his hyung during the weekends when Jinki come home to their town to visit his parents and Kibum.

 

Kim Kibum: I missed you too hyung… L but I can’t talk right now… I have to go do my projects it’s due tomorrow, I didn’t even start at it and it will take me all night to do it… sorry hyung…

Lee Jinki: oh okay… I wanted to talk to you but it seems like your busy…

 

Kim Kibum: I want to talk to you too but, things are just pilling up on me... I need to catch up

 

Lee Jinki: It’s ok bummie. I’ll just go now; I don’t want to disturb you

 

The way Jinki said it gave Kibum a different meaning.

 

Kim Kibum: please hyung don’t be like this…

 

Lee Jinki: huh? Like what?

 

Kim Kibum: guilt-tripping me… hyung I need to do my school work, I didn’t demand to talk to when you had your finals.

 

Lee Jinki: what? Is that what you thought? Kibum, I’m not guilt-tripping you or anything. You’re my boyfriend and I missed you. I just wanted to talk is that wrong?!

 

Kim Kibum: no... I’m sorry hyung...

 

Lee Jinki: And it seems like talking to me looks like a “demand” from you now too huh.

 

Kim Kibum: No hyung. That’s not what I meant!

 

Lee Jinki: I think it better if I go now, it seem like you really don’t want to talk. Bye.

 

Lee Jinki has signed off

 

Great. Now, Jinki’s upset with me. Good job, Kibum you just single handily ruined your day! Kibum thought to himself.

 

“It’s official. THIS IS THE WORST DAY EVER!”  Kibum shouted while letting his head hit his study table and just let what happened sink into him.

 

Kibum hates it when he and Jinki are like this, it’s not like them. They’ve been dating for months but they only fought twice, well if he counts today, it’s the third time they fought. He and Jinki always find a way to resolve their problems because they both hate it when they argue, but today is different. He really wanted to talk to Jinki but, his school works are waiting for him and he doesn’t want to transfer all his frustrations on his boyfriend.

 

He messaged Jinki one last time

 

Kim Kibum: Hyung… I’m sorry if what I’ve said upset you. I’m just really having a bad day and I don’t want you to be the one I’ll pour my anger on. I’m really sorry, I hope you forgive me. I missed you too… so much. I’ll go now, bye.

 

Kibum let out a long sigh hoping Jinki will read his message. He then closed his laptop and started working on his projects. He has a 10 equation assignment in Math, a paper in History and a research in Biology. Kibum decided he better do his Math first, the subject Kibum hates the most but it’s not like he has a choice he needs to do it to pass.

 

After what seems like forever (which is actually only 4 hours) he’s finally done with his Math. One down 2 more to go. He should start on his History paper soon but, before continuing he remembered he has to call Jonghyun and see if his best friend is ok.

 

He grabbed his phone and dialled Jonghyun’s number. The phone rang 5 times before he was answered by a very rusty voice.

 

Jonghyun: Hello *cough cough* *sniff* Kibum?

Kibum: yeah, it’s me. Hey how are you?

Jonghyun: I feel like *sniff*

Kibum: Well, you’re not the only one.

Jonghyun: bad day?

Kibum: yeah

Jonghyun: Is that because I was not in school? Aw. *cough cough* Bum I didn’t know you missed me that much. *sniff*

Kibum: As if. I was ecstatic when I heard you weren’t at school

 

Which is an obvious lie, he missed his loud friend. School’s not the same without that short Dino but of course, Kibum wouldn’t admit that. He won’t let his friend win.  

 

Jonghyun: ha ha ha funny. Well, would you mind to enlighten me on why are you having a bad day?

 

Kibum told Jonghyun everything, starting from him being late to school to Minho’s sudden confession until his recent fight with Jinki.

 

Jonghyun: Wow. Jinki hyung and you fought? *cough cough*

Kibum: *sigh* Yeah, but why do you sound so happy?

Jonghyun: I’m not, I was just surprised *sniff* “Cause you and Jinki hyung never really fight. So it’s pretty surprising.

Kibum: I KNOW! It’s just not like us. That’s why I conclude that today is the worst day of my life!

Jonghyun: Well, at least you’re not stuck in your bed all day sneezing and coughing like there’s no tomorrow. *cough cough*

 

Their conversation was stopped for a while because Jonghyun was having a coughing fit and Kibum then realized his true purpose for calling, which is to check if his best friend was alright and not to ramble about his horrid day.

 

Kibum: Enough about me, how are you feeling?

Jonghyun: I’m not really feeling any better but atleast my fever’s gone *sniff*

Kibum: Will you be able to go to school tomorrow?

Jonghyun: I don’t think so.

Kibum: So, I still won’t see my loud and obnoxious dino friend tomorrow?

Jonghyun: Hey! *cough cough* I’m not obnoxious! I’m loud, yes that already a given but, I’m definitely not obnoxious.

Kibum: yeah yeah whatever. Well, I think I should go now.

 I still have tons of work to do and you need to rest.

Jonghyun: yeah ok. Thanks for calling Bum.

Kibum: No problem. Thanks for listening to me rant

Jonghyun: Don’t worry *cough cough* I’m used to it hahaha

Kibum: Well, that’s your role as my best friend duh.

Jonghyun: I know *sniff*

Kibum: Hahaha ok go rest now. Get well soon Jjong.

Jonghyun: Thanks again Bum. I hope you and Jinki hyung would make up soon

Kibum: I hope so too… *sigh* Bye Jjong

Jonghyun: bye

Kibum: … Jjong wait!

Jonghyun: yea?

Kibum: I miss you, you obnoxious dino

Jonghyun: Am I supposed to be touched by that? *cough cough* but I miss you too,

 you troublesome diva

Kibum: Yah! I’m not troublesome!

Jonghyun: yes you are *cough cough*

Kibum: Be thankful you’re sick or else I would have clawed your eyes out for calling me troublesome. Anyway, Get well soon ok?

Jonghyun: ohhh I’m scared. But yeah, I will. Thanks Bum. Bye

Kibum: Bye Jjong.

 

 After talking to Jonghyun he felt slightly better, which is enough to give him the energy to do his school works. He just wished he could talk to Jinki again, but knowing that right now it’s impossible he pushed that thought aside and started doing some work.

 

Kibum then stayed up until late doing his history paper and science research. He tried not to think about his fight with Jinki, but he have to admit he lost count on how many times he checked his phone and chat box for new messages from the older boy. Unfortunately, no new messages so far.

 

On the bright side, he finished hid paper and research. At least, something good resulted from his hard work. By 12 am Kibum decided that it’s better if he goes to sleep, knowing that he has his 8 am class tomorrow. Upon getting into bed, Kibum quickly dose off letting his sleepiness take over.

 

Kibum woke up to the sound of his phone ringing, he kind of expected to see Jinki’s name flashing on the screen but instead he saw a flashing “Umma <3” indicating that his mother was on the other line.  Kibum’s Umma called just checking how he was doing and wanted to tell him that they’ll be coming home this weekend. After the call, he quickly stole a glance at his watch to see that it’s just only 6:30 am, which is still early. But instead of returning to sleep, Kibum decided to get ready for the day.

 

He got up and start readying himself for a day at school, he showered, eaten his breakfast and put his homeworks inside his bag. And he made sure that he didn’t forget his lunch, he doesn’t want to starve again. Kibum then got out of their house and made his way to school. 

 

He got to school by 7:45 he still got 15 minutes to spare before his first class. Kibum quickly head to his locker to get the books he’ll need. On his way to his locker Kibum spotted Taemin, Jinki’s little brother. Kibum tried to pass by the younger boy without being noticed but unfortunately for him Taemin’s been expecting him.

 

“Kibum hyung!” Taemin shouted as he came running towards Kibum. Kibum then let out a long sigh, he didn’t want to see Taemin right now, he really adored Jinki’s younger brother but right now is not a good time. He’ll just ask questions about him and Jinki like how are they doing or did they talk recently and he’s not in the mood to reminisce what happened last night. Jinki still hasn’t messaged him and he’s afraid to message Jinki, thinking the older boy is still angry with him. So he decided to just give Jinki more time.

 

Kibum was left with no choice but to face Taemin.

 

 “Oh, Hi Taeminnie.” He said trying his best to give a genuine smile

 

“Hey Hyung, how are you?” Taemin said, concern clearly showing in his eyes. Kibum could see that Taemin knew what happened between him and Jinki, but he decides to play innocent.

 

“I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be?” Kibum answered, he tried his best to look ok and flash Taemin the best smile he could muster right at the moment.

 

Taemin sighed, “Don’t act like that hyung, I know already. Jinki hyung told me this morning. So, how are you?” he asked again

 

Kibum surrendered, since Taemin already knows what’s the sense of acting like he’s ok?

 

He gave up on his act and let his head fell on the younger’s shoulders “I feel horrible Minnie, I shouldn’t have said that to hyung. It’s just that… I don’t know. I had a really bad day ok? And it so happens that I had too many things to do and I said words I didn’t mean too…” Without him even realizing, tears started to flow from his eyes, Taemin felt his hyung’s sadness and just listened to him while rubbing soothing circles on his back.

 

“I wanted to call him.” Kibum continued “I really do but, I’m scared that he’ll not want to talk to me anymore” Kibum starts crying again. “What if he doesn’t love me anymore Minnie?” Kibum looked at Taemin, his eyes wet with tears and what Taemin saw was guilt, fear and hurt

 

“Oh god, Minnie what have I done? What if wants Hyung break up with me? I can’t… I don’t want him to leave me… No, I can’t live without him… Minnie what will I do?” Kibum is a mess right now, his now on one of his panic modes luckily Taemin knows how to handle this situation, for he had handled similar situations before.

 

“Hyung. Hyung look at me. Calm down.” Taemin stated, looking firmly at Kibum’s eyes. “You know Jinki hyung like the back of your hand; do you think he’ll break up with you with just a petty reason?” Taemin asked. Kibum stopped and think for a bit, Jinki is not a person who does things without thoroughly thinking about it.

 

“Do you think he’ll break up with you? You and him have been through a lot and remember all the memories you’ve made together, do you think he’ll thrown away everything just like that?” Taemin continued, eyes still focused on Kibum.

 

Kibum realized that Taemin had a point but he can’t shake of the thought of Jinki leaving him

 

“No… but Taemin—“  Kibum answered, but was quickly cut off by Taemin

 

“No ‘buts’ Hyung” Taemin said, looking straightly in Kibum’s eyes. “Now, go to class” Taemin said, voice hard as if commanding Kibum. And like on cue, they both heard the bell rang signalling the start of the first class.

 

Kibum let out a sigh, hating himself for acting like a paranoid woman in front of Taemin, he wiped the tears that were still on his face and smoothen his hair out. He then faced Taemin once again, “I’m sorry for being like this Minnie.” Kibum said, looking down.

 

Taemin put a hand of his hyung’s shoulder “No, it’s ok hyung. You know I really like you for Jinki hyung and I also treat you like family. So, seeing you like this hurts me too.” Kibum looked up and saw a gentle smile on Taemin’s face and Kibum tried to smile back.

 

“Ok, I’ll get going now. Don’t over think too much ok hyung? Everything is going to be fine” Taemin smiled at Kibum again and took his leave.

 

Kibum watched as Taemin walked father away from him, he then let out his nth sigh that day. He opened his locker and got the books he’ll need.

 

On the way to his room, he kept repeating what Taemin had said to him and tried to give himself a pep talk  “Everything is going to be fine, Kibum. Don’t over think too much ok? You can do this. You and hyung will be ok. Everything is going to be—“

 

His little talk with himself was abruptly cut off when he bumped into someone. Luckily, he was able to take hold of the metal by the door otherwise he would have fallen on his .  He was about to give the one who bumped him a rant on why he shouldn’t be bumping into the diva like that until he saw who it was, it was Minho.

 

“I-I’m sorry” Minho said, without even looking at him and before Kibum could reply, the latter quickly headed inside the classroom.

 

Kibum concluded that Minho’s avoiding him, well what he could expect? Minho would be all giddy and jolly on seeing him after he rejected him just the day before? He really wanted to be friends with Minho but, right now seems like a not so good idea. He would just have to give Minho some time, and maybe, just maybe they could be really good friends.

 

Kibum decided not to over think what happened, just like what Taemin had advised him and proceeded on entering the room. Upon entering, he caught Minho looking at him but the other boy diverted his gaze when he saw Kibum. As he was settling on his seat he heard Taemin’s voice inside his head, “Everything is going to be fine.”

 

Kibum let out another sigh and thought, “I hope so, Minnie. I hope so”

 

 

Besides the little incident with Minho and the fact that Jinki is still not talking to him and vice versa, Kibum’s day went pretty well. He got most of the problems in his Math assignment right, only one mistake. Then, his History teacher gave him recognition for a well written paper and lastly his Science teacher extended the deadline for their research so he still have time to edit it and make it more explanatory.

 

Kibum was now on his way to the canteen when Taemin saw him again.

 

“Hyung!” the younger boy yelled, and went to him just like he did this morning.

 

“Hey Minnie” Kibum replied

 

“On your way to lunch?” Taemin asked, eyeing the lunch box in Kibum’s hand

 

“Yeah, you?” Kibum answered. “Nah, I already ate.” Taemin replied “By the way, Hyung can you come to the choir room later after class?” Taemin asked

 

“Of course but, what for?” Kibum asked, eyebrow etched with curiosity

 

“ Nothing, I’m just gonna show you something.” Taemin said.

 

“Okay, I guess..?” Kibum’s sceptical about what Taemin had said, he was about to ask what was Taemin’s going to show him but the younger’s phone rang

 

“Uh.. hyung, I got to go now” The younger boy said, still looking at his phone “But don’t forget, Later after class ok?”

 

“Yeah, sure” Kibum answered. When Taemin was out of his sigh Kibum continued to head to the canteen to eat his lunch

 

 

School’s finally over and the weekend is here, Kibum could feel the energy emanating from his classmates as they head on out. Kibum can’t really match everyone’s enthusiasm when the current situation of his relationship still worries him, but he can’t deny the fact that he’s finally relieved because he’ll get two days of rest.

 

Kibum went to his locker to put his things back, and get his science book that he’ll need in his research. He fixed his things and was about to make his way home when he suddenly remembered that he has to meet up with Taemin at the choir room.

 

At first Kibum thought of texting Taemin that he can’t make it, but that thought of a sad and upset Taemin didn’t pleased him. So, Kibum was left with no choice but to head to the choir room.

 

Kibum entered the choir room. The room lightly lit, instruments were kept by the side of wall. The blackboard is filled with songs that the choir will perform for the upcoming programme and the stools were neatly piled up on the corner, except for the one in the middle of the room. “That’s odd. Maybe they forgot to pile it up with the others…?” Kibum thought looking at the stool.

 

Tired from a whole day at school, Kibum decided to put the stool into use. He sat there and waited for Taemin to come. 15 minutes have passed and the younger boy is still nowhere to be found, Kibum  find it peculiar since Taemin is never late for any meet-ups. Kibum tried to call but Taemin’s phone was turned off. Kibum then decided that he’ll just wait for Taemin 10 minutes more, and if he doesn’t show up he’ll head on his way home.

 

5 minutes have past and still no sign of Taemin, Kibum then distracted himself by browsing through his phone. Kibum was immensely into feeding his mola mola fish when he heard someone running. At first, he disregarded it thinking that maybe some lower class students wanted to play in the corridor, but as the sound get louder and louder it peaked Kibum’s curiosity. Kibum then head towards the door, he got out and the running seemed to be much louder than before. He was about to turn towards the corner when someone bumped into him.

Kibum didn’t saw who it was, all he saw was a dozen or more roses are suddenly falling onto him. He was mesmerized by the beauty of the flowers that were falling onto him, he only diverted his gaze when he heard a groan beside him.

 

“Jinki?!” Kibum said, clearly surprised. He quickly got up and gave Jinki a hand

 

“Ow, that hurt” Jinki said, rubbing his then he looked around. Now, the corridor is full of roses “Well, there goes my 30 bucks.” The older boy said nonchalantly

 

 “H-hyung… what are you doing here?” Kibum asked, completely confused as to why Jinki was here in his school, in the front of the choir room with him.

 

“Well… it’s just umm… Um….” Jinki couldn’t form a coherent sentence; “It wasn’t supposed to be like this! Why do I have to be so clumsy?!” Jinki thought to himself

 

“I-I came to see you….” Jinki said, after a few minutes of panic

 

“Oh…” Kibum was surprised, he wasn’t expecting this bold move from Jinki, especially when they’re in a fight

 

 “Look Hyung, I know you’re angry with me I shouldn’t have said those words. I’m really sorry hyung” Kibum said, looking away from Jinki because tears are starting to form in his eyes.

 

Jinki saw how the younger boy looked, he looked slightly different. He’s still attractive as he was before, but the younger boy looked stressed. Jinki took notice of the bags that are forming under those feline eyes, it hurts his heart seeing Kibum like this. Jinki wanted the younger feel better so he made his way to Kibum and enveloped him in his arms. Jinki felt Kibum tensed by his sudden action but Kibum relaxed in his boyfriend’s arms. Kibum then hugged Jinki back, burying his face in his Hyung’s neck.

 

“Shhh Don’t cry Kibummie. It’s ok. You don’t have to be sorry, I think I should be the one who needs to apologize” Jinki said, he’s now running his hands up and down Kibum’s back to soothe the boy.

 

“N-no hyung.. I’m really sorry. You just wanted to talk to me but I blew you off… And said things that hurt you. I’m really sorry hyung. Please don’t leave me” Kibum was crying for the second time that day and his hug tighten around Jinki’s waist that made the older man cringe a little.

 

“Kibum calm down. I’m not  going to leave you. I’m here.” Jinki whispered to Kibum’s ears

 

After a few minutes of crying Kibum seemed to calm down, he loosen the tight hug he had around Jinki which relieved the older man, but Kibum still refused to let him go. Scared that he might run away and never return.

 

“Why don’t we go inside the choir room and have a sit and talk. Ok?” Jinki suggested to which Kibum replied with a nod

 

Jinki led Kibum inside by the hand and Jinki then settle on the floor pulling Kibum down beside him. He then opened his arms urging Kibum for a hug, he knows the younger one needed it.

 

“So, I’m gonna talk first ok Kibummie?” Jinki said and Kibum replied again with a nod.

 

“You might be wondering what am I doing here. I actually came here because of the fight we had last night” Jinki felt the younger tense

 

“Don’t worry I’m not going to break up with you.” Jinki said, chuckling a little “I came here because I really missed you Kibummie. And after that fight I felt guilty about the things I’ve said and I just can’t sleep, so I left my dorm around 3 am and drove all the way here. I woke up Taemin in the middle of the night and told him about our fight and how I want to make it up to you.” Kibum listened as Jinki explained

 

“He was pretty annoyed but you know him, he ship us like crazy” Jinki laughed “And he promised to help me,  and he said that he’ll talk to you”  Jinki finished and Kibum looked up

 

“So that’s why he keeps on bugging me all day” Kibum said with a pout

 

Jinki couldn’t help himself; he leant down and pecked Kibum’s lips. The younger was clearly surprised and playfully slapped Jinki’s arm and the older just laughed seeing how red Kibum turned.

 

“If you left your dorm at 3am then you didn’t attend your classes today?” Kibum was worried that Jinkid didn’t attended his class because of him

 

“No, we don’t have class today. It’s our rest day, after the exams our professors gave us this day to relax” Jinki smiled and caressed Kibum’s head

 

“Oh…” was all Kibum could say

 

“So,” Jinki started and rubbed Kibum’s back “Tell me about yesterday.”

 

Kibum told Jinki everything that happened the day before, “It’s just that I’ve been stressed out the whole day, and my school work were piling up. It’s not that I didn’t want to talk to you, it’s just that school’s really killing me” Kibum let out a long sigh and bowed his head.

 

Jinki felt really guilty for what he did, he should’ve been an understanding boyfriend. He should’ve cheered Kibum up instead of adding to his list of worries. Jinki stood up from where he sat and went to the piano.  He couldn’t think of another way to make it up to Kibum, so he’ll just do what he does best. Sing.

 

Kibum knew the moment Jinki positioned himself in front of the piano, he’ll once again witness his boyfriend’s amazing talent. Sure, Jinki had serenade Kibum a thousand of times before, but it never fails to make Kibum’s heart make do backflips and cartwheels.

 

When Jinki’s fingers met the ivory keys a soft melody met Kibum’s ears, and it was followed by the older’s honey like voice.

 

At the end of a busy day

Emptiness is always there

When the road is dark and strange

And I feel alone

 

But my sadness is comforted by you

The world in my heart is shaking

But it calms me

 

As if by magic, Kibum felt the tension from his body slowly slipping away. Jinki’s voice has that kind of power over Kibum. In the past, whenever Kibum would feel like he’s the unluckiest guy in the world Jinki would make him feel better just by singing a song for him or simply humming him a lullaby, and in an instant all Kibum’s worries would disappear.

 

Kibum stood up from where he sat and approached Jinki. The older looked up, still continuing to play, and smiled as Kibum made his way towards him.  He then sat beside the older and let his head fall onto Jinki’s shoulders.

 

I’ll be your song

I’ll become quiet music

So I can wipe away all your painful tears

I’ll be your song

I’ll be your breath that you can comfortably breathe

If only I can take a step to you

 

I didn’t think I could get up alone in the past

And I was facing the wall of reality

But you were a light that shined on me

 

Kibum knows that singing is Jinki’s way of conveying feelings he can’t put through words. Jinki sang every line with all the emotion he had, and Kibum just lets him. The younger closed his eyes and allowed Jinki to engulf  him with his song. 

 

I’m calling out your name

Ringing it throughout the night sky

With a voice that only you can hear, I’ll quietly call out

There are so many things I want to say

A lot of time passed

But I missed you

I’ll smile and say hello

 

I missed you

I’ll smile and say hello

 

As Jinki pressed the last notes, Kibum couldn’t help the smile that formed on his lips. Jinki took Kibum’s hand and intertwined it with his

 

“Kibum, I just want you to know that I’ll always be here for you. I know because of our current situation we may be apart sometimes, but I just want you to remember that I’ll always be here  for you, I’m just one phone call away.  Just call me and tell me about your day, whether they may be good or bad I’ll listen to you.” Jinki’s voice is full of sincerity that without his consent tears were starting to fall from Kibum’s eyes.

 

“H-hyung…”

 

“Kibum, are you crying?” Jinki placed his hands on Kibum’s cheeks wiping his tears “Oh god, did I said something wrong? I’m so sorry, baby.” Jinki placed a chaste kiss on his boyfriend’s forehead and wrapped his arm around his tiny frame.

 

“No…” Kibum started to mumble on Jinki’s shoulder “It’s just that I’m so lucky to have you.”

 

And with that Jinki let out a small chuckle

 

“Yah! Why are you laughing?” Kibum pushed Jinki just enough to see his smiling face.

 

“It’s just that my boyfriend is being so cute and I can’t help but laugh on how being adorable he is” Jinki leaned towards Kibum their foreheads and nose touching.

 

Kibum blushed red because of Jinki’s words and gesture, he looked up and met Jinki’s beautiful chocolate brown orbs. “Adorable” Jinki whispered, and Kibum felt all the blood in his body rush to his cheeks and neck.

 

Still looking at his eyes, Jinki whispered again “I love you, Kibum” and quickly captured the younger’s lips on his own.

 

Kibum realized no matter how horrible his days turned out to be, as long as in the end of the day/s Jinki is there to make it all better, he wouldn’t mind having bad days at all.  

 

“I love you too, Jinki”

 

 

A.N: *hides in the corner* so........ how was it? i hope this somehow made someone's day better! hahaha 

oh by the way, the song Jinki sang was the english translation of SHINee's An Ode to You~

I just has to include it i'm so inlove with that song, actually i'm inlove with the whole album. Odd Era is the best!!! /two tumbs up/ 

Ok i'll stop nw before i unintentionally spazz here hahahaha

Thank you for reading this!!!

COMMENTS/PROMPTS  ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED <3 :*