Final

Friday's Perfect

 

Author's Note: To my subscribers, hi guysss! I'm sorry for the false 'updates'. I was just fixing some grammatical errors here and there.


 

'It's dark. Even with those small glow-in-the-dark stickers on the ceiling.' Kyungsoo thinks as he lies on his bed. 

He sighs, 'If only Jongin was here.'

Kyungsoo reaches for his phone under his pillow and presses the home button (too lazy to press the power button) to check for new messages. He's a busy man so it is only normal for him to check his messages, right? Wrong. He has been waiting for a particular message for a while now. Or call. Or whatever. Kyungsoo just needs to talk to him or hear his voice. Anything that would make him miss Jongin less. 

He doesn't know what's happening to him. He's attracted to the tan-skinned male but is a coward to realize his feelings deeper. Kyungsoo knows that he's bi and there's nothing wrong with it. Really. Kyungsoo loves himself so why the hell will he change that fact now that he has uncovered a part of himself? Kyungoo's still Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo's phone lights up and the said boy smiled. It was a message from Jongin.

Hi Hyung! - It read.

Kyungsoo had a hard time preventing himself from squealing but remembers that he's alone and that nobody would care! 

So he squeals,

but then his phone buzzed, (he changed his phone's audio profile from silent to general a little after he recieved Jongin's text) indicating a new message.

'Man, stop squealing. Seriously, you sound like a dying pig. No kidding.' It was from Kyungsoo's friend next door. The apartment's walls weren't thick enough to block his 'dying-pig-squealing' or so it seems.

He types in, 'Sorry Baek! Just got too carried away!' and hits send.

Kyungsoo met Baekhyun three months ago, when the latter brought him rice cakes when Baekhyun first moved in. After that, the two clicked and now they look like teens finding solace in their first bestfriend. Baekhyun knows about Kim Jongin too because Kyungsoo just can't keep his freaking mouth shut when it comes to the said boy. 

Kyungsoo's phone buzzes for the third time that evening and this time, the message was from Jongin.

'Hyung? You sleeping? You haven't replied to me... are you busy?' 

Oh.

Ohh.

Stupid me. I haven't replied to him. Righttt..

'Hey! I can't sleep, it's too dark.' is his reply.

 Not moments after, his phone buzzed again and he sees Jongin's message.

'I'll talk to you until you fall asleep if you come with me tomorrow to shop for my niece's birthday present, deal?', it says.

'Anything to make me spend time with you...' Kyungsoo thinks and smiles at his phone. Not long after, Kyungsoo's phone buzzing continued and the darkness is soon replaced by the small light of his phone's screen that is illuminating his face with the comfort that someone on the other end of the line is providing him.

-

Morning comes and Kyungsoo is awakened by Jongin's message.

'I'll fetch you after lunch, hyung. Taemin wanted to see me so... yeah. I'll see you!' 

'Inconsiderate jerk!' Kyungsoo thought, a deep frown appearing on his forehead. 'It's Taemin again! That er.'

Even though Kyungsoo knows that Taemin is Jongin's cousin, the blond haired male should stop ing his time with Jongin. Because well... Kyungsoo unconsciously thinks that Jongin is his and nobody should disturb their quality time together.  

He rolls on his bed a few times, biting his pillow to somehow lessen his anger from the incident. It didn't work, considering how he still had that scowl before and after he enters the bathroom. 

He is sitting on the couch while sipping his coffee and casually going through the daily newspaper (which was forcefully slipped under his door by Byun Baekhyun himself so it was a little bit ripped on the sides but nevertheless it was still readable) when he heard a knock on the door. 'Jongin?' He perks up at the thought and giddily goes to open the door... just to find a hyperactive Byun Baekhyun waiting outside. 

He scowls and was supposed to close the door in front of his friend's face when Baekhyun said, "I dare you to close the door in front of my face." 

Kyungsoo raises his brow, "Or else?" He questions. Baekhyun squints his eyes at his bestfriend and pulls out his eyeliner from his jeans' pocket and looked at him, as if saying 'I'll stab you with this.'

Kyungsoo cringes. He knows that Baekhyun isn't kidding so he lets him in. Baekhyun stepps inside Kyungsoo's living room and smiles. 

"What's wrong with you?" Kyungsoo asks. 'Why does he carry that eyeliner around all the time? I mean, seriously?'

"Why are you so scowl-ish?" Baekhyun retorts and paces around the small living space. 

"I'm not." Kyungsoo answered.

"The frown on your face and that little twitch of your eye says otherwise~" Baekhyun sing-songs as he pranced into Kyungsoo's Bedroom. Seeing this, Kyungsoo facepalms because his room is his private space but he knows that he can't really stop Baekhyun and that the word 'privacy' isn't in his friend's dictionary so he can't do-won't do- anything other than watch.

"Your room is..." Baekhyun starts, scans the small space and looks at Kyungsoo, "...a big mess."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes before replying, "I know. So let's stop with the criticisms and tell me why one Earth are you here?" He sees Baekhyun eyeing his phone and then it dawns into him. "You want me to spill, right?" Kyungsoo sighs. 

Baekhyun's eyes sparkled, nodding enthusiastically. "Fine. Password's DKSKJ." Says Kyungsoo before tossing his phone to Baekhyun.

 "DKSKJ? Kyung Soo Kim Jongin?" Baekhyun laughs.

"Haha. Funny."

 "Ohmygosh. Taemin's TOTALLY ruining your life." Baekhyun says after a moment of silence, still going through Kyungsoo's conversation with Jongin.

 "Uhhuh. There's no need to rub that into my face, Mr. Obvious." Kyungsoo replies. "Anyway, it's already eleven and I'll meet Jongin after lunch so..." 

Baekhyun just stares at him. Kyungsoo smiles and shouts, "SCRAM!"

 

Kyungsoo is waiting, peeking at his door's peephole for the last thirty minutes, 'Why the hell isn't he here yet? He said he'll meet me after lunch, right? I finished eating lunch at eleven but that's an hour ago, though'

 

He sighs and slumps on his couch. He trails his eyes around the room and stopps on a small picture frame, inside is a picture of Kyungsoo and Jongin posing with V-signs and wide smiles on their first 'date', as what Kyungsoo would like to call it. It was a friendly date so that makes it a date, afterall.

 

His train of thought is broken when he hears a knock on the door. 

"Finally!" He whispers and opens the door.

Outside, stood Kim Jongin in a pair of ripped jeans and a plain white v-neck shirt with his hair unstyled. He smiles at Kyungsoo and all that Kyungsoo could think of was, 'Damn. I like him. A lot. Thankfully, my brief's still intact. Hang in there, buddy! You and your smiles, Kim Jongin.' 

"Let's go?" Jongin asks and Kyungsoo meekly nodds, "You look good with that jeans, hyung." Jongin continues. 

Kyungsoo frowns, "I still look good wearing a navy blue shirt and a pair of old jeans?" 

"Glad to know that my shirt fits you." Jongin says, the usual teasing smirk evident on his face. 

"Oh, this old thing?"

Jongin scrunched up his face, "Yes. That old thing. Not to mention that 'that old thing' is mine."

Kyungsoo laughs, "I love this shirt, though. It's mine now." Kyungsoo examines Jongin's shirt because there was something very familiar with it. 'Oh, nevermind about the shirt!' He was oblivious to the small smile that Jongin was wearing while watching him. -

They ride Jongin's car and dropps by their old school first because 'Hyung, I need to go there because of the documents' so Kyungsoo couldn't say no. Jongin leads Kyungsoo inside the University's garden when they arrived. 

"Jongin, what--"

"Hyung. Here's where we first met. When you slipped because of that dried leaf and--" Jongin smiles at the thought. Yes, they first met when Kyungsoo slipped on a small patch of dried leaves. He was too busy admiring the school's prized tree (ancient tree) to notice the leaves and the next thing he knew, he fell face-first on the ground. When he looked up, he saw a hand-Jongin's- reaching out to him and asking if he was okay afterwards. Kyungsoo was still embarrassed until now so he gets irritated when Jongin brings that up.

"Stop it. Go get your documents. I'll be waiting here." Kyungsoo said. 

"Oh. I'll get it next time, hyung!" The younger smiles just to receive a 'what-the-hell' look from the older. 

Jongin shruggs,"Let's go to the mall!" and Kyungsoo could just roll his eyes at the other's childish behavior. 

-

They spent their time inside the mall talking, pushing each other, laughing and reminiscing-they did everything that couples do. Even buying couple shirts.

"Hyungg~" an ecstatic Jongin calls out to Kyungsoo, hiding something on his back.

"What's that?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Tada!", Jongin cheekily smiles, "Couple Shirts! This is mine," pointing to the left shirt that read 'He's mine', "and this is yours," pointing to the shirt that read 'I'm his'.

Kyungsoo couldn't help but blush because... Kim Jongin got them couple shirts for crying out loud!

"I already paid for them so you can't refuse!" Jongin adds before handing him the shirt and dragging Kyungsoo to another store and stopps in front of it.

"Jongin, wait! We're supposed to be buying your niece's present!" Kyungsoo says while freeing his arm from Jongin's hold.

"Umm...about that..." Jongin scratches his cheek, "to be honest... I lied."

"What?" Kyungsoo gasps, "then, why..."

"It's getting late. Let's eat dinner first." Jongin says. So they ate dinner with an awkward silence surrounding them. Their dinner was quite uneventful because no one would strike a conversation. 

Now, they are inside Jongin's car, heading home.

"So..." Kyungsoo eyes Jongin. 

"I'll tell you later, hyung." Not long after, Jongin parks his car on the playground near Kyungsoo's apartment building. He leads Kyungsoo out of the car, holds his hand and looks at his eyes.

"So," he starts, "Hyung. I'm sorry for using my niece as an excuse to spend time with you. B-but I'm missing you so much these days and I'm scared. I'm scared because I think I like you a little too much. I... I know that this isn't love but I'm willing to let my feelings for you grow. So... Do Kyungsoo, please go out with me?" Jongin continued and fiddled with his hands. 

"...you won't let Taemin bother us?", Kyungsoo folds his hands on his chest.

"Taemin? He told me to try and make you jealous but the brat has Minho." Jongin says, still fiddling with his hands. He looks so shy that Kyungsoo wants to just squish him. 

"Okay then." Kyungsoo leans in and kisses Jongin's forehead before laughing at his soon-to-be boyfriend's stunned face.

"So, friday?" Kyungsoo asks as he walked back to Jongin's car.

Jongin nodds, not bothering to hide his grin, "Friday's perfect." 

"Oh, and Jongin?" 

"Yeah?"

"My shirt looks good on you too." Kyungsoo says as he looked back at Jongin, a small smile on his face.

 

Seeing that smile from Kyungsoo, Jongin thinks of making their relationship work as he glanced to the older's retreating back.

Yes. He definitely would.