#2 The Challenge

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No, I didn't her. 

Something was special about this girl, I don't know what it is but I can feel it. This is the first time someone didn't recognize me as a Kpop star but came near to me. It's an unfamiliar feeling that I felt. Not wanting to take advantage of her in any way, I took her phone and searched for a contact that I could call. I saw many contacts in her phone, but there was one that caught my eye. It stated, STEPH (CALL THIS NUMBER IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG). I guess her being in my house means something went wrong. Being too tired and drunk to do anything, I decided to call tomorrow morning when I wake up, as I fell asleep beside her. 

 

 

Morning came. The blinding sun rays woke me up from my sleep as I slowly got up. God damn it my head still hurts like mad from yesterday. I saw the woman fidgeting beside me as she also slowly got up. She had this blank look on her face that I couldn't comprehend. After she stared at me for what felt like forever, she suddenly screamed right in my face. 

'What the ? Why do I still remember you Kwon Ji Yong?!' 

'You don't say? We just had a great shagging session few hours before,' I joked, wanting to scare her. 

'No that's not the point! I'm not suppose to remember you!'

'Huh?' I asked, genuinely confused. 

'I'm really sorry I got to leave right now... You may think I'm a , or a , or whatever you feel like. Thanks for letting me stay here for the night.. I got.. got to go,' She said and took her handbag and headed for the exit of my house.

'No wait I have something to say!' I exclaimed, but she never look back 

 

I left the house in a hurry, not comprehending what just happened. So many thoughts were running through my mind, one conflicting with another. No this isn't possible... How do I still remember him??? I don't remember what happened yesterday but I know him! I know I saw him yesterday and somehow I recognized him. This is impossible I really don't get it. 

 

I took out my mobile phone hastily and called steph immediately. 

 

'Steph why did you take so long to pick up! I need your help right now I'm so confused oh god,' I exclaimed.  

 

'Woah woah chill taeng! Why are you so worked up early in the morning? Did you wake up in a guy's home again?'  

 

'Yes but that's not the point!' 

 

'Then what's the point taeng? You do know that's been happening for the past 3 years or so right,' Steph teased 

 

'I remember my one night stand from yesterday Steph. What does that even mean? I REMEMBER HIS NAME STEPH.' 

 

'OH MY GOD TAENG today is the first time I ever heard you saying this in 3 years let's go to the doctor right now!! I'll pick you up at your house in an hour's time!' 

 

'Sure love you steph'

 

'Love you too' 

 

'You are...?' 

'I'm Dr Han, your neurologist who's been seeing you for the past 3 years or so,' Dr Han explained. 

'I'm so sorry I can't- Wait of course you do know about this you are the one treating my illness these past 3 years,' I blushed in embarrassment, realizing that I said something stupid. 

Dr Han laughed but did not comment further. 'Let's do an MRI scan first and I'll see if there's anything wrong or improvement' He said, as he called the nurses to prepare for the scan. 

'Is this the first time I've said this to you? About me remembering something from the day before?' I inquired curiously. 

'Yes, and if I'm right hopefully it's an improvement to your damaged brain parts, if that's the case, the medication that you are taking will proved to be useful and your memory has a chance of coming back, not fully, but at least partially so that you can at least remember incidents or people from the day before.' 

'But doctor, I don't remember anything from yesterday. I only remember the name of the guy I... err... met yesterday,' I explained nervously. 

'The guy you had with yesterday? Don't worry Taeyeon I'm well aware of your ual life. I ask Steph to tell me what you do on a regular basis to see how you are doing. While it has not been scientifically proven, being ually active may aid in recovering your memories,' Dr Han commented, in such a serious manner that I can't figure out whether it's a joke or its a fact. 

'Oh so you know,' I flushed brick red in embarrassment, and looked away because It was too awkward. I think he felt it too and did not ask any further. Dr Han then conducted the MRI scan and I waited for a while before he finished analysing the results. 

'I don't see any changes in your damaged brain parts, nor any improvements. This is really weird though... how did you managed to remember his name?' Dr Han said, and I could see that he was as confused as I was. 'You sure that was the first time you saw him?' He added.

'Yeah it was! And I don't even remember what happened yesterday! I only remember him, and that I was awake at his house this morning.' I explained. 

'This shouldn't happen... the only people you remember should be the pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter