Final

Two One Two

Irene was sitting alone in an empty but nice café along the streets of Gangnam. Phone held in hand, a conversation with her potential date had just ended. She was supposed to be meeting her blind date candidate tomorrow, only to be cancelled because she couldn’t drive. The guy stated his unwillingness to travel all the way from Daegu to Seoul just to meet her for a coffee date. Screw him Irene thought, how can a guy be this lazy and petty, especially for a first date. To think he had the nerve to ask me to drive to Daegu instead. Irene was just hanging out, sipping on her ice cold Americano which looking out onto the quiet streets. It was after all, a late afternoon on the weekdays and most people would be working in the air conditioned office instead of being out on the hot and sunny streets.

A chair screeched lightly before someone took a seat right in front of Irene, smiling at her. Irene was looking at the stranger with a puzzled look on her face, waiting for the stranger to say something.

“I think it would be good. Me… “, the stranger pointed a finger at Irene before continuing, “You would like me.”

1 month later

Irene was holding hands with Seulgi, the stranger she met a month ago, walking through the same streets of Gangnam that she was looking at previously. They were strolling slowly, occasionally stopping to take a look at items sold in the shops there. Being tired, they sat by a high display window of a particular empty shop which was not opened for business yet. Irene leaning her head against Seulgi’s, enjoying the peaceful quietness.

Sitting in the car, Irene was enjoying her drive with Seulgi, zooming through the streets of Seoul. Seulgi was driving the car while Irene was looking lovingly at her, engaging in light conversations while trying to imitate her actions which she did while driving.

“I like this… being together and just enjoying a quiet day together.”

“Hmm, I like anything I do with you.”

They were back in their shared apartment after the drive, sitting side by side on their long sofa while resting their heads on the head rest. All of a sudden, Seulgi sprang up from her position before lying down comfortably with her head on the pillow places on the lap of Irene. Irene opened her eyes for a slight second from the sudden movement before closing it again going back to her nap, with a smile on her face. Moments later, both Seulgi and Irene were lying straight on the sofa with their heads next to each other while their bodies extending to each end of the sofa. They were making light conversations while staring at each other lovingly before gradually falling asleep.

Morning came and both of them were in the kitchen grabbing breakfast. Irene was making French toast, flipping breads like a world class chef. Seulgi on the other hand was pouring milk into her cup with the milk carton and her cup far apart, like she was making a cup of bubbly drink. When Irene was done with the toasts, she started working on sunny side ups too, making their breakfast menu complete. Taking a bite into the toast while gulping down on her milk, Seulgi attempted to feed Irene with her half eaten toast. Irene pushed it back to Seulgi playfully unwilling to take a bite stating that it was okay and that she was full. Seulgi, not backing out, pushed the bread back towards Irene again and she let out a sigh, giving up before accepting a big bite. Seulgi smiled at the sight of a cute Irene with her cheeks stuffed with the French toast.

Seulgi was an artist, she made a living by selling her artworks to collectors. She had quite a number of buyers due to her talent and this paid for most of her expenses. She wasn’t extremely wealthy, but was earning enough to support both Irene and herself and that was enough for her. On an ordinary Monday morning, Seulgi was starting it by sitting down facing their coffee table, drawing again since she has recently received a few requests from her clients.

Irene was sitting on their long sofa behind her, massaging her shoulders while she was diligently drawing. Irene really liked to observe Seulgi while she was drawing, mainly because she looked so attractive and charming while concentrating on her work, occasionally squinting her eyes while thinking hard on what to draw or what colours to use. Irene was getting bored from the lack of attention given so she started to lean her body on Seulgi’s while playing with her hair.

Seulgi who was determined in finishing her orders today, gently guided Irene to sit by her side before randomly passing her a colour pencil, asking her to help with the sharpening. Since Irene had nothing to do, she gladly took the colour pencil and worked hard in sharpening it to perfection before tapping Seulgi again, passing her back the blue coloured pencil. Seulgi, with a pencil held between her upper lips and her nose, mindlessly passed it to Irene before taking the blue coloured pencil from her. Just as Irene was about to sharpen her newly received colour pencil, she realised that it was already perfectly sharpened and unused. Amused, Irene turned to Seulgi before grabbing onto her cheeks and pulling it lightly.

“Yah, why did you pass me a perfectly sharpened colour pencil?”

“Hmm, it’s good.”

Seulgi wasn’t even paying attention to whatever Irene had just mentioned and just replied whatever that came to mind. Irene gave up and just laid her head sideways on the table while looking at Seulgi work her magic on the papers lay out on the table.

The next morning, since Seulgi was done with all her work, they were once again on the sofa relaxing since there was nothing much to do. Seulgi was laying on the pillow on Irene’s lap while Irene was reading a book about places in Europe. Irene playfully used Seulgi’s face as her table while occasionally placing the book on Seulgi’s face flipping through the pages. She was animatedly talking about the places mentioned in the book and added her own thoughts and stories to the places in there. Too cute, Seulgi thought.

Their morning went by peacefully like this until Irene decided to break it by tickling Seulgi on her sides. That was her weakness and Irene knew it all too well. A war broke out in the house with Seulgi chasing after Irene around the house before she took refuge by running up the stairs leading to their rooftop.

“Okay okay, I’m sorry. Can we please stop running around? I’m so tired right now.”

“Only on one condition.” Seulgi pointed to her lips before Irene quickly complied by giving her a quick peck. Before Irene could pull back, Seulgi held onto her before kissing her again, fully this time.

“Hey, that’s cheating!”

“All’s fair in love and war… besides, you look way too happy now that I’ve cheated.”

Irene bit her lips softly before blushing. Seulgi was looking at her teasingly so she walked away and sat on the ledge of the rooftop. Seulgi followed suit and they sat there just relaxing and resting from their vigorous running moments ago. Irene started talking animatedly again, regarding the book showing places in Europe. She was really hooked onto it due to the beautiful pictures and descriptions and Seulgi can’t help but smile at how her lover was such a cute person, getting excited over pictures of a book.

Dinner came and went by with them ordering Chinese food takeaway. They watched the TV while eating their dinner with light conversations regarding the drama plot going on. Being full and tired, they’ve decided to grab an early rest and both entered the bathroom to brush their teeth. Seulgi was standing in front of the huge mirror while Irene was a few steps away, behind her. They were diligently doing their routine before Irene decided to walk to Seulgi and turning her to face her and started making weird expressions at her. Soon enough, the two of them were in a heated competition of vigorously brushing their teeth but no one emerged the champion since they started laughing at how ridiculous they both looked while doing that.

The next time they went for a drive, it was at night. Once again, they were zooming through the streets of Seoul while rocking to the music playing on the audio system in the vehicle. Irene was enjoying herself by dancing and singing loudly in the car, Seulgi sometimes following suit, unable to help it due to the cheerful mood set by Irene. It was 2am in the morning when they returned home from the drive. Both of them went up to the rooftop, enjoying the cooling breeze and beautiful scenery of the night lights of Seoul. They shared a short, sweet kiss while overlooking the roads of Seoul sighing in delight.

Morning came and Irene was the first to wake up, as usual. She was looking at Seulgi’s sleeping face before her hair and caressing her cheek. Seulgi awoke to her soft touches and smiled sleepily at her. Irene continued caressing her face before Seulgi fell back to sleep again. Two hours later when the sun was up in the sky hot and bright, both of them were once again at the flight of stairs leading to the rooftop. Seulgi was sitting on top of the flight of stairs while Irene was sitting at the bottom of it. Seulgi was resting her head on the handrails of the stairs, eyes closed before Irene spoke, catching her attention.

“I think it would be good… me.” Irene pointed her index finger at Seulgi before continuing, “You would like me.”

Seulgi just smiled, thinking of her boldness and the first time they met.

 

A/N: Once again, I didn't proof read so if there's any mistakes, I apologize. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy it. Go on and listen to Urban Zakapa's latest mini album "UZ". It's really good :)