First Encounter

Divine

 

Hanis' eyes were set on a group of young boys playing football with a bright smile formed on their lips. She could not help but smile. It had been a long time since the last time she stepped on the field and accompanied her brother there. Through a glass window, she observed everything there. 

Suddenly, the door had been knocked. Her mother was right in front of her. She made her way towards Hani with a bowl of soup. Her face looked exhausted like a person who had not slept for a week. But still she was smiling, which gave Hani positive vibe everyday.

"Honey, I bring this for you. Let's eat together. It is from your favorite shop", Mrs Park started the conversation. She opened the bowl lid. Hani saw her mother hand was shaking. She kept her tears from falling down. Hani did not want her mother to become worried. Hani wanted to be independent and not to attach to everyone. So if she died, everyone will not miss her. 

 

Hani shook her head. She did not feel like eating. felt like burning. She just wanted to rest and die. She had been a month in the hospital. Jeongduk Hospital was her second home or perhaps first home. Having a leukimia was a major crisis in her life. She eventually had given up on what she had to undergoes.

 

"I will leave this here. You can eat this whenever you want. I ..", Mrs Park brushed Hani hair and left to take Hani's brother from school. 

 

When her mom left, she started to open her book. And wrote everything there. Everything from the bottom of her heart. This will become her memories ever. 

"Im sorry mom,  I love the soup but......" 

'knock knock

A man in his 20s approched her. She did not recognise this man. But he had a good look. 

"Hi. My name is Oh Sehun"

Hani just smiled. "Im Hani" 

" What are you doing?" While looking at her diary. 

"Wow, youre writing a letter huh? 

Hani just nodded, the situation became awkward again. 

"I know this would be inappropiate for just coming into your room but Im here to accompany my friend. He is admitted in this floor too. So I guess why not I come here because he is sleeping", Sehun explained broke the silence between them. 

" Oh it's okay. I dont have friend too, you can come here whenever you feel like you want", Hani replied with a smile.