of a vespa and a thief

Vespa

A/n: dont expect anything from kangnam guys kkk

 

 

 

 

Today's weather was nice…bright sky…sun blinding your sight behind the fluffy clouds…nothing can go wrong ㅡ that was what Taehyun thought at first.  

 

Nam Taehyun was whistling on his new pink scooter. The scooter is now all clean and fresh without any presence of dirt making the pink colour more vibrant than beforeㅡ of course with the help of much more soap than expected and some more polishing. He swayed it from left to right and vise versa on the small road since there was no other vehicle behind him. The 1/4 helmet perfectly covered the upper part of his  brown hair. The lower part of his hair swayed away as he drive against the wind. 

 

Nam Taehyun parked his scooter right in front of the coffee shop at the corner of the block. Still whistling, he checked his reflection on the rear view mirror. He his hair to the back, satisfied with his dashing look. A smile cracked on his face. 

 

Taehyun walked into the coffee shop and as expected, none of his coworkers are there yet. As usual, he will be the one who will open the cafe and prepare everything before the business hour. Taehyun sighed and went to the back of the kitchen doing what he have to do before the early birds a.k.a the customers barge in. 

 

After half an hour preparing everything and flipping the sign at the main entrance to mention that they were ready on business, Taehyun get back to the counter to wait for the customers. He huffed and blowed some dangling locks that were covering his face. The clock on the wall stated that it's almost 9 am which mean the customers will come in sooner or later. His coworkers better be coming any second now because he was bored to hell waiting for the customers to arrived. 

 

Taehyun yelped as he felt a cold finger sliding down his neck. He turned to see a tall man standing next to him with a carton of low fat milk on his left hand. The name tag on his right chest said that his name is "Lee Seunghoon" and above it was "Manager" .

 

"WTF Hyung!" Taehyun shrieked at the man. 

 

" Sorpresa, puta," cooed Seunghoon with both of his arms widely spread to emphasize his glamourous appearance. 

 

"What the hell does that even meant?!" Taehyun frowned at the man standing in front of him. His cheeky smile was the most ridiculous thing Taehyun saw this morning and that annoyed him to guts.

 

"It means 'surprise, ' in Spanisioso," said Seunghoon. That ridiculous smile was still on his face. Taehyun rolled his eyes.

 

"What the hell is Spanisioso has to do with you surprising the out of me," he asked with a monotone expression ㅡ clearly not impressed. 

 

Seunghoon squeezed Taehyun's shoulder, looking down and faked a sigh. He look up, gazed right into Taehyun eyes and say, "Taehyun, my lovely but grumpy little dongsaeng," he speeched dramatically, "We have to enhance our vocabulary for the sake of our business. What if there's a foreigner come in here and ask for a coffee?" He tilted his head and give Taehyun that disturbing smile again as he knows the latter is always annoyed with it. 

 

Taehyun side eyed the long fingers that was clasping his shoulder. He smiled sarcastically as his pick one finger up with two of his fingers, as if he was picking up a very dirty piece of  cloth. " I'm fine with Korean,  no thanks. And even if there are foreigners, you can handle them, you're the manager anyway." He said as he dropped the hands faking a  disgusted manner ㅡ as if this cafe is his, why would he even care if there's foreigner come into the cafe?

 

As Seunghoon  goes on and on with his lecture of the day about new languages, Taehyun slipped behind the counter and proceed to the kitchen just to avoid his annoying hyung . He wished that this day will be over soon. 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally, after hours of waiting for his shift to end, he finally got his freedom. Walking up to his glorious parked scooter, he let out a relieved sigh and a tired smile stretched on his face as he saw the bike in front of the cafe. He hopped on it and insert  in the keys in the ingnation. 

 

Taehyun was about to wear the helmet until he remembered that he left his self made latte on the counter. He hoped off the bike leaving the keys there and wore his helmet on the way to the counter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"YAH! Don't run! Give me back my wallet you bastard!" 

 

Taehyun heard a hoarse voice from the corner of the block as he walked out from the cafe with his coffee in his hand. The voice came from a panting fat man that was chasing a boy on a skateboard. The boy looked calm despite the fact that there were men was chasing him from behind like  mad bulls ㅡ there were three of them, the mad man and his two friends. Taehyun eyebrows marched together at the scene that laid in front of him. 

 

His eyes widen at the sight of the boy hopping on his scooter and dumping his skateboard on the small space between the seat and the handle of his scooter. His face was flabbergasted as he tried to start the engine but to no avail. 

 

"Yah! That's mine" he screamed at the person but the person was too engulfed on escaping the men that he did not realised Taehyun's presence. 

 

Taehyun almost lost his newly bought scooter if he didn't act fast to hop on the scooter before it drove away. The coffee on his hand was long forgottenㅡ maybe it has dropped somewhere when he tried to hop on the scooter but that is not important anymore. 

 

The boy who was driving the scooter was starled as he does not expect there would be a passenger on his back. His mind was too focused on fleeing from the fat dude and his men. He saw the reflection of the passenger on the rear view mirror. The passanger on his back looked as mad as the fat man that he left behind a few meters away. He figured out this man must have been the owner of the scooter he's riding on right now ㅡ great, another bull to handle.

 

Taehyun was about to strangle the stranger in front of him to make him stop but before he was able to do so, his body jerked to the front and bumped to the boy as the scooter accelerated  leaving the mad bull and his men behind him. Taehyun had no other option but clasping his arms around the boy's waist before he loss his balance and fall over or something. He hates it when a person driving this fast so he closed his eyes and hugged the boy tighter. He made a mental note to kill this person later when they stop.

 

 

 

 

 

The wind stopped howling in Taehyun's ears leaving the buzzing behind. He didn't feel the coldness on his cheeks anymore. Taehyun slowly opened his eyes and looked around. His eyes landed on a figure in front of him. Taehyun 's mad face made a quick grand comeback. 

 

The boy in front of him was grinning instead ㅡ from what Taehyun 

 saw at the rear view mirror, ignoring the red face behind him. Suddenly he felt pain of his left side of the head as  Taehyun's fist landed on his bowl hair. 

 

"Ouch" he scowled. "What was that for?" He asked, rubbing the spot that was hit. Taehyun was a bit taken aback by his deeper voice- but that's not the point.

 

"That's for stealing my scooter and this is for risking my life!" Taehyun held out another fist to punch boy in front of him to pulp but before he has a chance to land his fist on the target, his hand was held by the boy's palm.

 

"Look man, I can explain," he said slowly putting down Taehyun deadly fist as if it was some kind of nuclear bomb. "That man was crazy. He ran after me for no reason!" He lied, too bad Taehyun can read him.

 

"You lied! I heard him. You stole his wallet isn't it? This bast-" Taehyun was about to punch the boy for real but his act was halted again. His fist and the boy's palm fight for dominace but eventually Taehyun gave up and let down his fist. He sighed.

 

"Get the off my scooter!" He yelled pushing away the boy and scooted closer to the handle. 

 

The boy was off the bike,  looking dumbfounded. Taehyun threw his skateboard along with his guitar case to the boy ㅡ odd because he did not realised the presence of the black case before,maybe he was too focusing on praying to the Lord to not take his life back on the ride. Fortunately, the boy managed to catched it before it landed to the ground.

 

"You did not just throw my precious guitar!" The boy said half shrieking. 

 

"You did not just steal my scooter," Taehyun mocked and made a face. He turned away and started his scooter again. 

 

"Yah! Don't run! " the familiar hoarse voice yelled from the back, making the two boys turned. It was the mad bull with his gang again. The boy cussed under his breathe ㅡ how come he can get here this fast? Right, taxi. Cusses.

 

The boy hopped behind Taehyun after he dumped his skateboard between Taehyun  and the handle." Go!" He screamed.

 

Taehyun  was too panicked to do anything so he followed what his mind asked him to do. Taehyun twisted the clutch and  his bike accelerate leaving the man, panting trying to catch up with his bike. He turned his head to the side and saw the man stopping as he cannot go any further than that, so does his men. Taehyun let out a relieved sigh. 

 

 

 

 

"What the were your thinking, dragging me along with your scheme?!" He yelled when they stopped at the traffic light.

 

The boy at his back looked guilty. His face was facing the ground. His eyebrows were almost marched together in a frown. His plump lips pouted making him look like a puppy that got scolded by his owner. Taehyun was about to gave in when he saw that face. How cute ㅡ WTF  Nam Taehyun. Focus!

 

"I demand an explanation for this," he said nonchalantly and drove away as the light has changed to green.

 

 

 

 

They stopped at one convinient store in Itaewon-gu. They sat the the round table outside the store. It had been five minutes but the boy still doesn't say a word since they arrived.

 

"Well.. aren't you going to explain?" Asked Taehyun. He crossed his arms on his chest. His legs crossed under the table. He stared at the boy in front of him boringly. Somehow his presence seems intimidating for the boy.

 

"Erm...look I'm sorry I stole your scooter and dragged you into this. I swear I'm gonna return it back," he held up both his hands in retreating manner. His wide forehead form lines. Taehyun tried to find the sincerity in that last line but he found none.

 

"Right, and I'm supposed to believe every words from a thief?" He said sarcastically. 

 

"Look I didn't steal it, I meant the wallet, I 'found' it by chance so I took it. It's not my fault that the wallet meant to be owned by a leader of an underground mob," the boy talked too fast that some important infomation cannot be grasp by Taehyun's brain. Taehyun's eyes bulged out like two saucers when the information sinked it.

 

"A leader of a what?! You're telling me we've  been chased by some head of an underground gang?! You gotta be ing kidding me!" Taehyun shrieked.

 

"Well do I look like I'm joking right now?" his face was so ridiculous to Taehyun at the moment,  he have to keep the urge to punch the guy in front of him down in his guts.  " He's probably on his way here right now," the boy looked at his golden watch, estimating the time.

 

"What the ?! Look, I'm not gonna be involved with you. I'm out!" Taehyun stood up and was about to leave when the boy caught his hand.

 

"Bro, look I'm sorry that I get you involved but we gotta get out of here, he will find us," the boy said then pointed at Taehyun then himself with his free hand. He looked quite convincing.       

 

Taehyun's  face becomes serious at the moment.  He sat back at his place. 

 

"I have a plan, how bout you send me to Busan, he won't be able to track me there. He's lead rage is not that big anyway. When we reach Busan, you can go and I promise I'll pay you" the boy continued.

 

"How am I supposed to believe your words? First, you got me involved in this stupid . Second, you're asking me sending you to Busan?! With my scooter? Are you out of your mind?! Busan is at least 5 ing hours from here by car! " he screamed at the boy's face.

 

"Look, if we don't go now, that swine will reach here in no time, we better get going if you wanna stay alive. That dude saw you fled with me, he'll concluded that you are involved nevertheless. If he doesn't get me, he'll find you." the boy explained.

 

"How sure are you that I'm gonna be safe till we reach Busan?! This kind of bull won't be happening to me if you didn't steal his wallet in the first place!" Taehyun shouted again. The boy's face looks guilty again.

 

"Calm down, will you? I said so, it was a mistake and I FOUND the chance not STEALING it.  For the rest of the information you will know later.  We got no time now.  I will promise you I will make sure you'll stay safe if you stay within my range." he said dragging Taehyun with him to his scooter. Taehyun have no option other than followed what the boy said.

 

The sun is now up high above them.  It's been 2 hours since Taehyun's unplan trip to Busan with this boy ㅡ who he doesn't even know the name yet. Taehyun can't believe that he was doing this because his life depended on this stranger. This was totally wrong and Taehyun knew it.

 

Both of them didn't even change any words since the convenient store event. Suddenly, the boy whispered to Taehyun's ear loud enough to be heard over the buzzing traffic's 

 

"C-can we pull over,  I'm hungry?" Taehyun nodded. The scooter needed gas refill anyway. So Taehyun stirred his vespa at the junction in front of them. 

 

They stopped at the rest stop in middle of highways. There were less people here because it's not a peak season.  Its not even a holiday to begin with, so it's not weird to that the rest stop is not pack with humans. 

 

Taehyun chewed on his food slowly. His mind wandered of about the boy sitting in front of him.  Many question intrigued in his mind but he can't help to voice it out. He don't know how to start the conversation. He was starting to frown.

 

The boy just came back from the toilet a few minutes ago. He chewed his food eagerly like he didn't touched food for 2 days now. 

 

Taehyun noticed that his left hand was occupied by something shinny. He took a glance at it and realised that it was a bracelete made out of metal. Well, he didn't notice that before. How could he be when his mind is so occupied by questions about this boy?

 

"Kang Seungyoon," the boy voiced out as if he can read that one question out of hundreds that was lingering in Taehyun's mind.  Taehyun  raised his gaze at him. "My name is Kang Seungyoon , he said giving Taehyun  his toothy smile. His cheeks redden when the saw the smile so he darted his gaze away awkwardly.

 

"What's yours?" Seungyoon asked.

 

"Taehyun. Nam Taehyun," he said nonchalantly trying hard to not look at the boy in front of him so he focus on his food.

 

"Look I'm sorry that I get you involved okay. I'll pay you when we get to Busan. ₩150000 is that enough?" He asked.

 

Taehyun's eyes widen at the mentions of money. 

 

"Okay then, I'll double up to  ₩300000."

 

 Taehyun's hands roamed on his chin. Well money is still moneyㅡ he thought. Taehyun eyed the boy up and down with his hand still on his chin. "Dirty clothes, worn out shoes, and you expect me to believe that you'll give me such amount of money? " he chuckled. "Where are you gonna get the money to pay me? Steal them?"

 

The boy look at his own outfit. Sure, his outfit was not convincing enough. No, he was wrong, he looked like a hobo.

 

"H-hey this is brand new okay" he said 

 

Taehyun snorted. "When was the last time you even showered?" He raised his eyebrow.

 

The boy was counting with his finger, trying to remember when was the last time he did so. "I guess two days ago. Why?" He smiled.

 

Taehyun  made a disgusted face. 

 

The boy chuckled at his reaction. "I'm just kidding, I did showered this morning" ㅡ another lie huh? Somehow Taehyun  didn't catch up on this one. "I'll make sure I'll pay you. Now..." he hesitated." About the mad cow." His expression turned serious. "He's the lead of underground gang. His power is not quite that big, but still powerful in Seoul... at least." He explained. "If we get to Busan, we'll be safe because Busan  is not his place. Someone else hold that place." He said nonchalantly and continued munching his food.

 

"How do you know about this... stuff?" Taehyun asked, intrigue to know more about the boy's background. The boy looked up at him. 

 

"I.... socialized?" He shrugged.

 

"Right... " Taehyun  continued to eat his food while the boy gave him an eye smiled, fully known that Taehyun was not convinced by his statement.ㅡ somehow Seungyoon is enjoying this.

 

 

 

 

They continue their journey to Busan. Half of Taehyun's mind was busy thinking about the consequences that he'll face if they meet that mad cow again. What if they found them and decided to end their lives? What if, instead, they cut them into pieces and sell their organs in the black market? Taehyun shaked that thought away. He dont want to think about it.

 

The other half of his brain was working on tons of  questions about the boy behind him. Is he really a thief? What if he works for the mad bull too and he'll kill him just for money when they reach Busan? Taehyun shook his head furiously. 

 

Suddenly, a pair of thin arms slides around his waist. Taehyun almost yelp but he kept it all in when he realised it was just Seungyoon's hands. Seungyoon  leaned forward until he reached Taehyun's ear. He asked something like if Taehyun is okay and offer him to drive the scooter. Everything sound like a mumble to Taehyun as he was bothered by the tingling feeling that remain on his ear even though Seungyoon has stopped talking. He only  managed to shook his head and show  the latter a smile from the rear view mirror ㅡ well of course his eyes doesn't focus on the boy at his back. 

 

To be honest, Taehyun was not comfortable with Seungyoon's presence. He made him feel... weird? Attracted? He doesn't know, he cannot sum it up. After his unsuccesful three love story with three different girls before, he decided to end it once and for all. For his own goodㅡ he says.

 

He blushed at the sight of concern Seungyoon on his back. Why was he acting this way? Its odd and awkward. 

 

Suddenly, his bike shook furiously. His eyes widen as he tried to control the scooter. He pull over to the side emergency path and stopped.

 

"Why? What happened?" Seungyoon  asked. 

 

Taehyun shook his head. He took off his helmet and dumped it on the seat as he walked to the front of his scooter. Taehyun cussed and sighed loudly. 

 

"What? Why?" Seungyoon dashed to him. His gaze landed on where Taehyun's finger was pointing. 

 

Seungyoon chuckled at the sight of inflated tire. He look up to Taehyun  who was now has his eyebrows marched together when he heard he latter was laughing. 

 

"It's okay, we can fix that" Seungyoon  ruffled Taehyun's hair and smiled. Taehyun was too dumbfounded to react so he trailed the boy's action with his eyes.

 

Seungyoon pulled up the seat and took out some tools, which of course Taehyun  doesn't know it was there till today. Well he just bought the scooter two days ago, what do you expect? He went to the back of the scooter and crouched down. A few moment later, Seungyoon came back to the front with a spare tire in his handㅡ Taehyun  doesn't not know how he did that but he just did. He at mechanic stuff anyway.

 

Kang Seungyoon  dumped the spare tire on the ground and anchor the scooter with it's stand. He plopped next to the flat tire and rubbed his hands.

 

"Let's see," he grab the wrench and unloose the lug one by one. He chuckled when Taehyun's eyebrows dropped while judging every action of his. 

 

"You can go watch the back though, in case any vehicle would ran by us" That was impossible. Taehyun knew it but he did it anyway. Something in Seungyoon 's voice alluring him to follow every order he said.

 

"How old are you?" Seungyoon  asked breaking the silence. Taehyun  just realised he didn't speak a word since they pulled over. Taehyun turned to face Seungyoon. 

 

"22 " he replied nonchalantly. Seungyoon  smiled. His eyes never leaving where his hands were going.

 

Somehow the flat tire is already out of its socket. That was fastㅡ Taehyun  thought. His hands were now moving on placing the spare tire on the bike. 

 

"Well then, we have the same age then," Seungyoon grinned at him. Taehyun 's heart skips a beat when he saw that grin. His cheeks heaten up so he looked away.

 

"I - I see" he stuttered. Taehyun chuckled awkwardly, not really knowing what to reply.

 

"Let's talk informally after this" Seungyoon  gave him that smile again. 

 

It's been 4 hours and 23 minutes since he met Kang seungyoon ㅡ yes he actually counted it back from the  convenient storeㅡ but Taehyun have grown a feeling towards this boy. He didn't even know him. Well at least not any further than changing names and ages. Still, this feeling his growing is weird. Especially when it comes to the boy's smiles. This boy was a mystery and he's making Taehyun want to know more about him.

 

Taehyun noticed things he never paid attention to before, like his smile, the way he puffs his cheeks making him look like a dumpling. Especially when he is sweating hot right now and his checks go all from white to red. Steaming hot dumpling. 

 

 Taehyun knew he was blushing and starting to feel uncomfortable and hot. Taehyun turned and fan his cheeks with both of his hands. ㅡ WTF,  he doesn't even swing that way. He was certain that he was straight when he woke up this morning but he started to doubt that when he met Seungyoon. 

 

"Are you okay? Do you need water?" Taehyun  turned to see Seungyoon was facing him. His face was inch away from him. Too close for his liking, so he took a step back.

 

"N-no" he stuttered.  As much as he wanted to look cool in front of this stranger, he can't help but to look stupid and blushing like a teenager girl talking to her crush every time this boy was near him. Taehyun hated that. Why now? Why do his brain has to betray him now?

 

"Oh, you sure you're okay? Because your face is red." Seungyoon said looking into Taehyun's eye full with concern. Taehyun's eyes widen and he cupped his face with both of his hands trying hide his blush. ㅡ Taehyun thought.

 

"It- it's nothing, it just the weather is hot so I'm burning, I'm fine." He said pretending to fan himself with his hand.

 

"Oh... by the way. Can we stop at Daegu? I got something to talk to you." Seungyoon was still smilling but his smiles slowly fades away as his head bent down looking to the ground. Taehyun tilted his head.

 

"Can't we talk about it here?" He asked. Seungyoon raised his head. That wide grin is back on his face. 

 

"No, because there's something I want to show you in Daegu," he gave Taehyun his toothy smile and hopped on the scooter. 

 

 

 

 

Its dark when they reached Daegu. They stopped in front of a restaurant. A long line of people waiting to be seated outside of the restaurant. Taehyun hang his helmet on the scooter handle and hopped of the scooter. 

 

"Tara! " Seungyoon shouted with both of his arms spread in the air.

 

"This is the place you want to show me? A curry house?" Taehyun asked. Seungyoon  nodded eagerly and grabbed Taehyun's hand, drawing him towards the restaurant.

 

"I hope you like curry," he said. 

 

He dragged Taehyun  passed the long line and straight to the waiter waiting at the entrance. As soon as the waiter saw Seungyoon, he smiled and let them in without further question as if he's been waiting for them to come the whole day there. People in the line were giving them sharp glares when they saw them entering the restaurant without queuing. Taehyun  neglected those glares and trailed Seungyoon.

 

The restaurant was packed with people. People were talking in high pitch volume everywhere. Even the waiters have to yell to each other to deliver orders. Both of them were seated at the farthest end of the restaurant. A bit isolated, but still could hear the noises  from the customers. A waiter came and passed them menus and walked away hastily to entertain other customer.

 

"They have many types of curry here, they even have 10 level of spicy." Seungyoon said. He have to yelled to overcome the noises behind him.

 

"From the look of that waiter, I suggest you are a regular customer here," Taehyun shrieked back to him.

 

"No, I used to work here," he cooed. 

 

"Oh.." Taehyun changed his gaze on the menu without really looking at it as he tried to digest the new information. 

 

"Do you like spicy stuff?" Seungyoon snapped Taehyun  out of his thoughts.

 

"Well.." Taehyun shrugged while one of his hand was showing that 50-50 gesture. 

 

"Okay, how bout like this, we bet who could take the highest level of spicy wins and who lose will have to pay for bills eh? Eh?" Seungyoon grinned and  wiggled his eyebrows. 

 

"OK call, because I'm pretty sure I'll win" Taehyun replied his grin with a smug face.

 

 

A few level of spicy later....

 

 

Seungyoon hissed and rumbled his bowl hair until its a mess. The corner of his eyes were already tearing up. He looked at Taehyun in disbelief.

 

"How could you survive level 8 of this curry?!" He hang out his tongue and fan it with his hand. He screamed in a polite manner to the waiter for more glass of cold water. The waiter cooed and few moments later he came placing a jug of cold water on the table. Seungyoon  poured the water in his cup and gulped down hastily. Some of drip along his chin straight to his neck and down his Adam apple. Disgusting but at the same time, attractive.

 

Taehyun's face heated up at the sight. He can't figure it out whether it is because of Seungyoon's  way of drinking or it is because of the curry. 

 

"Ahh .. that was refreshing," Seungyoon slammed the plastic cup on the table. "Oh.. you look like a tomato. You face pfft- " Seungyoon  burst out in a histerical laugh.

 

Taehyun hissed and threaten to throw the spoon he was holding at him. Taehyun was grateful that this boy in front of him doesn't realise that he was the one who made him all blushing in crimson red ㅡ Seungyoon-ah, why are you so dense?

 

They continued their meal. Taehyun's laughs filled the air very now and then whenever he saw Seungyoon 's making funny faces as he tried to swallow the heat of the curry. They ended up splitting the bill ㅡ which was totally not fair because clearly Taehyun won this time. 

 

"Hey, let's hang out a bit before we go straight to Busan eh? " Seungyoon said.

 

 Taehyun chuckled at when he heard Seungyoon's way of talking.

 

"What?" He asked. 

 

"No it just I guess the curry was too spicy that it made you triggered back your Busan  dialect, I bet Busan is your hometown," Taehyun said. Seungyoon laughed shyly as he rubed his nape. "And about the hang out part, I don't think it's a good idea. " 

 

"Why not?" Seungyoon questioned.

 

"Because we never know if that mad bull back in Seoul send spies on us or something and we are really off schedule Kang Seungyoon," Taehyun reasoned out. 

 

"Boo, you're no fun." Seungyoon grabbed his hand and dragged him. "Come on, follow me." Taehyun  groaned behind him as he trailed the older. 

 

They walked passed by blocks of houses after getting more food at the convenient store. The residential was peaceful. Not even A shadow of people walking by. Every house emitted by dim lights. 

 

Kang Seungyoon skates slowly on his skateboard next to Taehyun. His guitar case draped on his shoulder. He was playing with a  stick on his left hand while the other one was holding sausage ㅡ Taehyun found it ridiculous by the fact that they just exited a restaurant and here Kang Seungyoon is eating again.

 

Taehyun was holding a plastic bag fulls with sojus. He has ice cream on his mouth.

 

"Hey, hey, look a dog," Seungyoon said excitedly. Taehyun turned his gaze towards the direction Seungyoon was pointing.

 

Under a small dog house, there's a cute little puppy. Both of it ears flailed to side. He looked sad as if someone just stole his favourite bone. 

 

"Watch me," Seungyoon said. Taehyun's slanted  eyebrows dropped and he saw Kang seungyoon dropped the stick and picked up a pebble. 

 

"Yah!-" Taehyun didn't have a chance to finish his words as Seungyoon already throw the pebble towards the dog. He turned to face Taehyun. A sly smile tucked on his lips.

 

"Yah doggie! Look what I've got here! Yes it's HOT DOG," Seungyoon shouted. The dog bark cutely at Seungyoon ㅡ really Kang Seungyoon, pick a fight with your own size.  Taehyun facepalmed.

 

"Come on, join me" Taehyun's eyes landed on Seungyoon's hand when he handed him a pebble. "Come on..." 

 

Oh no. Seungyoon was using that tone again. Every single cell in Taehyun's brain telling him not to fall for the demon's whisper. But hey the demon is Kang Seungyoon, how could you resist? Before his brain could reason out more,  Taehyun's hand already grabbing the pebble and throw it to the dog. 

 

The dog barked louder. Nam Taehyun wiggled his eyebrows to Seungyoon. The latter showed him two thumbs up. 

 

Taehyun's heart was about to explode in his rib cage but before it happened, a random high pitch voice shrieked from behind the house door. .

 

"IHEEEE, what's wrong, IHEEEEE?!" The person shrieked again. The front door flung open revealing a middle age ahjumma with a Bob hair.  She was wearing a flowery skit and she has jewelry all over her fingers. Her face was so familiar to Taehyun but he can't seem to recognize that feature.

 

"Run!" Seungyoon snapped Taehyun out of his thoughts. His stomped on the edge of his skateboard and grab it hastily. He pulled the younger's arms and dragged him away with him.

 

"Yah! You better run kids I can still see your head! If I catch you, I'll tell your mom !" The ahjumma shouted from behind. 

 

Taehyun  and Seungyoon had left her few moment ago and nowhere in sight.

 

 

 

 

 

They  reached a playground. Taehyun plopped down on one of the swings. He laughed, so does Seungyoon. He then  just took the place next to him. He tossed his skateboard on the ground then shifted the strip of his guitar case on his chest. 

 

"That was fun wasn't it" Seungyoon asked, still catching his breathe. 

 

"Yeah." Taehyun cooed and open one of the soju bottle. He gulped down the bitter fluid. His heart burns when the liquid reached his system. He handed one to Seungyoon and the latter took it,  muttering a thanks.

 

After two bottles of soju later...

 

"Taehyun-ah... " Seungyoon spoke up after Taehyun's laughs dies. 

 

"Hmm?" Taehyun felt a bit dizzy, well a lot to be honest. He just doesn't want to admit it yet. Trying to look as sober as he can he turned his gaze towards Kang Seungyoon. The boy was playing with the skateboard under his leg. His eyes fixed on the ground and his hands clasped on the swing strings firmly.

 

"Remember I told you I have something to tell you?" Taehyun's eyebrows dropped remembering the talk back at the highway. Part of him knows where this is leading but he just don't want to be bother about it yet. "Actually...  I -"  Seungyoon hesitatant.

 

"You what?!" Taehyun asked annoyed with the prolog. 

 

"I lied. " Seungyoon's face was looking down hiding his eyes under his bangs.

 

"Lie? What are you trying to say?" Taehyun asked again. He really get it now, where this is going. Seungyoon was gonna spill the truth now. But Taehyun doesn't want to know the truth. He knows if the truth is revealed,  their relationship will be different,  he doesn't like that.

 

He chuckled.  Is there was even a relationship to behind with. ㅡ Taehyun thought. He gulped down some more soju trying to get use to the bitter atmosphere.

 

"I lied about saying I found the wallet." Seungyoon's  face still facing the ground. "I didn't actually found it. Well I do said I found the chance. The chance to steal it. " he said.

 

"What do you mean? I still don't get it," Taehyun lied. He knew it from the begining that Seungyoon was a thief. He understood completely what Seungyoon was trying to say but Taehyun wanted to hold on his last ego.

 

Seungyoon sighed. "Here." Seungyoon handed him a silver watch that look so familiar. It was Taehyun's. Taehyun look at him with confused eyes. He reached his wrist to find nothing. Indeed that is his watch.

 

"How did you-" Taehyun doesn't have the change to finish his sentence when Seungyoon handed a leather wallet. Taehyun's wallet of course.  Taehyun's hand roamed his back pocket in confusion. 

"You see.. I have this one sickness." Seungyoon paused.

 

Taehyun waited.

 

"I.. I am  kleptomaniac," he said. "I tends to 'take' what ever that I see nice in my eyes. I can't help it." Seungyoon faced the ground completely. He didn't bare to see Taehyun's eyes.  "That guitar, that skateboard, this watch, this thing.." he pointed on the metal bracelet on his left wrist. "I stole everything from someone else."

 

Taehyun swallowed the last bits of Soju in the bottle and tossed the bottle to the ground. The glass scattered into million pieces. He chuckled bitterly.

 

"You see, Kang Seungyoon, I know from the start that this is wrong. That you were a bad influence!" He shrieked. Seungyoon's eyes widen at the sight Taehyun  walking up to him and partly because he didn't expect that the kid would react like this. Yes he did expect a scene but he didn't expect to see Taehyun's mouth quivered and the corner of his eyes were red as if he was holding his tears. He expected Taehyun to punch and kick him but not this.

 

"I've told myself many times. In fact everytime to not continue this. To just dump you at the highways but my heart betrayed me! This is wrong! I know but it feel so right , I just can't stop..." his legs was shaking as it cannot hold his weight anymore so he plopped on the ground, sobbing. Damn even his eyes betrayed him.

 

Seungyoon was too shocked to react so he came closer not really knowing what to do. Taehyun held his hand up in the air to stop Seungyoon and  wiped his tears hastily and looked away. He was way too wasted to act normal so he let it be.

 

"I.. I understand if you want to leave me here and go back to Seoul. I'll make sure that the money will be send to you when I reached Busan and about the mad bull... don't worry, he can't do anything to hurt you." Seungyoon tried to approach Taehyun once again. This time, the boy doesnt resist. Seungyoon squeezed his shoulder asking the latter to look at him.

 

"Who said I wanted to leave you?" Taehyun asked. His eyes were puffing red. Seungyoon had to fought the urge to wipe the tears that was flowing on his cheeks. " I'm not gonna leave you, after all you made me do, we're in Daegu anyway. It's too late to turn back." He was still sobbing. "I'm gonna send you to Busan and that's it. After that I'm gonna head Seoul and pretend we never met. " he said. His mouth quivered at each sentence he was saying.

 

"But-" 

 

"Promise me one thing, Kang seungyoon." Seungyoon have to tilt his head to see Taehyun's face. "Never steal anything from me again. You can steal from someone else if you wanted to but not me. Get it?"

 

 Seungyoon nodded, slowly as he still didnt really digest it all. Taehyun's  face slowly falling down but before it reached the ground, Seungyoon managed to caught him. His face landed on Seungyoon's shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

Seungyoon hufed for the nth time. He was panting his lungs out. Carrying a drunk man was never easy. Especially when you have to balance him and a guitar case on your side and to add the spice, you have to hold a skatebard too because you cannot ride it while having a drunk passanger on your back cant you? Why do this Nam Taehyun have to become so heavy. He turned his head and saw the latter sleeping face. His cheek squeezed on Seungyoon 's shoulder and his mouth slightly open.  Cute ㅡ Seungyoon chuckled at the thought.

 

He walked in a glamourous yet small guesthouse lobby. The reception desk was empty so he have to struggled to balance Taehyun on his back as he tried to press the bell. Kang seungyoon stared at the shinny golden bell on the counter. Prettyㅡ that was what his brain interprete. His eyes gleamed. He was fighting the urge to grab the thing and just hides it in his pocket. Completely safe hidden in his hands. Instead, he ring the bell for the second time.

 

A young man peaked his head out of the door behind the receptionist counter. He saw Kang Seungyoon and walked up to him with a pleasant smile.

 

"Yes.." he paused as he saw Taehyun on Seungyoon's  back." May I help you?" He said giving Seungyoon a meaningfull smile. The dude look so presentable, despite his messy hair but anything else was nice. He has this angelic face that could make you do anything nice whenever he stared at his doe eyes. He was pretty ㅡ Seungyoon  thought.

 

Suddenly a tan man walked out from the same room this deer looking dude exited a few second ago. He was slightly taller than the other one. Mascular body.  Instead of wearing the same outfit as the deer dude, he wore a plain white t shirt with a Hawaii shorts.

 

"I.. would like a room...  for a night," Seungyoon said. 

 

The two exchange meaningfull smiles that Seungyoon cannot read. WTF people working here are weird ㅡ he thought.

 

"Oh I see what you got there." The tan dude look at Taehyun meaningfully. "One room is it? Cool. You want the largest one or the smallest one?" He asked.

 

"How much-" Seungyoon's words were cut by Taehyun's snores. "is the smallest one" he snored again. Oh god.

 

"Smallest, one bed, one bathroom, one air-conditioning,  that would be ₩250,"  the deer dude answered. 

 

"₩2-250?" Seungyoon asked just to make sure. 

 

"Yeap," the tan and the deer dude answered in unison. 

 

"I'll take that" Seungyoon cooed. The tan dude suddenly bent to the front and held the back of his palm near his mouth.

"Pssh... " he whispered. Seungyoon was   stabling Taehyun on his back that he didn't realised the man was so closed to him he had to jerked back just to make some space. He gave him a questioning look.

 

"If you need protection, we have stock for that" the man wiggled his eyebrows and grinned. The deer dude showed him thumbs up. 

 

"Don't worry bro, we dont mind gays in the house because we are gay too," The tan man squeezed Seungyoon's shoulder. Seungyoon was tempted to just exit the entrance and run away but it's late and they need a place to sleep so- 

 

The awkward moment was cut quick by Taehyun's loud snore. 

 

"Thanks, bye," and with that Seungyoon dissappeared behind the elevator. 

 

"Mino san you just scared a customer again! " said the doe eyes dude. He pouted.

 

"Chill Jinwoo hyung,  that kid gotta take it the hard way,"  said the tan dude. He turned to the older. "Now shall we get back to what we were doing before?" He smirked and Jinwoo giggled. Both of them rushed back into the room.

 

 

 

 

Seungyoon placed Taehyun on the bed delicately not to wake the latter. The latter snuggled to the left side of the bed. Seungyoon sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. He eyed Taehyun sleeping form with a smile. Sad smile. He leaned his guitar case against the wall and his skateboard next to it.

 

"Why are you doing this to me, Nam Taehyun?" said Seungyoon talking to no one in particular because he knew that Taehyun was too wasted to be awake now. "You are making me hard to leave you. What if I can't promise you what you've asked me to?" Seungyoon settled on the floor next to Taehyun with his hands supporting his head. He took off his t-shirt a few second ago, letting the coldness of the air con biting his pale skin.

 

"Seungyoon.... " Taehyun mumbled. Seungyoon turned his face to see the latter. He was so sure that Taehyun was asleep but his guts demand him to look closer. He stood up and bent  facing Taehyun.  

 

Taehyun opened his eyes a bit. He saw a blurry figure in front of him. He smiled. "Kang Seungyoon.. " he slurred. Without knowing what he's doing he pulled the boy towards him.

 

Kang Seungyoon was too shocked for defend himself, so he fell on top of Taehyun. He tried to get up but failed because of the strong grip. 

 

"Kang Seungyoon ... ehe," Taehyun breathe on the crook of Seungyoon's neck. Seungyoon eyes widen when the hot steam collided with his skin. He tried to wriggle free but to no avail as the younger hug him tighter. 

 

Uh-oh. He did not see this coming.

 

The next morning Taehyun wake up on something warm and cozy. The unknown cold breeze was bitting his nape. He snuggled closer to whatever that emitted the warmness as if he doesn't to let it go. 

 

"Ermm Taehyun-ah.....  " a familiar voice wakes him up but not loud enough to make him open his eyes in. "Taehyun, wake up." Taehyun groaned, annoyed with the voice and openned his eyes slowly.

 

His eyes snapped open when he saw a half Seungyoon laying next to him. He scooted away almost falling of the bed. If not because of Seungyoon 's grasping his arm, his pathetic would've meet the hard floor a few second ago. 

 

"Be careful," Seungyoon said.  A playful smile was plastered on his face. 

 

Taehyun was too shocked to react so he did what crossed his mind. He kicked Seungyoon off the bed. The latter stumbled  onto the ground. landing on the hard ground first then his head hit corner of the nightstand. Seungyoon winched in pain and rub the back if his head hastily. Taehyun could only gave him an apologetic smile.

 

"If you love your scooter we better hurry, or else someone might took it ," Seungyoon was still rubbing the back of his head while he stood up, fetching his t-shirt on the way to the toilet.

 

"Why? Where do you put my bike?" Taehyun gave him  questioning look. Seungyoon titled his head from behind the wall and chuckled.

 

"I left it where you left it yesterday, at the curry restaurant." He said giving him a grin.

 

"What?!" Taehyun shouted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the way the walked to the curry house, Seungyoon tapped Taehyun 's shoulder. The younger turned to look at him. Seungyoon shifted the guitar case strip nervously and his other hand was gripping the skateboard firmly.

 

"Taehyun-ah,  I think you could just drop me at the train station. No need to go to Busan with me." Taehyun looked at him in confusion. "I...I've been a burden for you so…the train station is okay." 

 

"But-" Taehyun's word were cut by Seungyoon. 

 

"Please." 

 

Taehyun sighed and nodded. 

 

"Great." Seungyoon ruffled the younger hair. The younger scowled.

 

 The found Taehyun's scooter safe and sound in front of the restaurantㅡ that's what they thought when they saw it from afar but when they approached, plot twist happened.

 

Taehyun's scooter full with scrabbles of colourful spray paint covering it's true colour. Taehyun almost fell on his knee but Seungyoon managed to grabbed him and pated his back as the boy tried not to cry. After what Seunyoon felt like eternity when he embaraced the boy, hoping that the time would just stay still, Taehyun managed to calm down. They hoped on the scooter and headed straight to the train station with a heavy heart.

 

"Train to Busan will arive in 5 minutes.  Thank you," said the operator through the loud speaker on top of them.

 

Seungyoon and Taehyun settled at the isolated part of the station. The station was half empty consider this is still early in the morning. 

 

"So... this is it? You'll leave?" Taehyun asked. A sad smile was tugged on his lips. Seungyoon hate to see that. He wished he could make the latter happy at least until the train arrives. 

 

"Yeah... I guess so," he said looking to the ground. "I'll make sure to send you the money later." Seungyoon said with a smile trying to escape the gloomy atmosphere.

 

"You know I sent you here not because I wanted that money." Taehyun hesitate. "At first, yeah, I wanted it but as we go on this journey,  I forgot that that was the reason I started this with you."

 

"I forgot that I was mad at you,  forgot the fact that my life is at stake, forgot every legit reason why I came here with you," Taehyun gulped the lump in his throat. "I'm maybe wrong but.. do I.. I mean do you feel it?" He said almost whispering.

 

"Feel?" Seungyoon know what he was talking about but he just wanted to make sure that the same feeling he have. 

 

"Feel...I don't know? Something?" Taehyun looked Seungyoon straight in the eyes trying to find the hidden answer but the boy has an unreadable expression. "Guess you don't..." Taehyun looked back to his shoes.

 

 

"Hey... I didn't feel it," Seungyoon said in his mellow tone. Taehyun  look up at him. "I don't but somehow, I think I felt it too," Seungyoon looked straight into his eyes. 

 

"Attention, arrival of train to Busan, will be here in 2 minutes. I repeat arrival of train to Busan will be here in two minutes, please step away from the yellow line, thank you," the operator voice echoed through the speakers. 

 

Seungyoon scooted closer to Taehyun. His eyes never leaving the younger. His eyes roamed on the younger 's eyes down to his nose and stopped at his lips. He leaned closer to Taehyun.

 

"May I?" He held Taehyun's chin delicately as if the latter might break if he put more force to it. 

 

Taehyun knew this is wrong,  ultimately wrong, but as much as brain screaming to him to back off and run, his nerve didn't obey his brain instruction.

 

Seungyoon  leaned closer,  closer and closer. Taehyun closed his eyes, waiting for it to happen. He could  hear the mumbles of the operator but he could not master what she was saying as his whole body anticipated for it to happened.

 

Cold breeze brushed with his lips. Odd. How could someone's breathing be cold? Suddenly he heard a familiar chuckled from a far. He opened his eyes and turned towards the voice to see Kang Seungyoon was already in the train. The door was almost close.

 

"I'll meet you again in Seoul!" Kang Seungyoon yelled before the door closed. He mananged to wave at Taehyun before the train left the confused Taehyun alone at the train station. 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyun walked with his head down towards his scooter. His mind was cursing a certain bowl headed dude in a train heading to Busan. He reached his bike and stared at it without actually doing anything. 

 

"!" He cussed and kicked the poor vespa. " I  told him to not steal anything from me and what makes me believe that sly thief?" He groaned and walked away leaving his scooter.

 

If you ask him, what did Seungyoon stole from him, was it his phone? No. His watch? No. His scooter keys? Definitely no. What Seungyoon had steal from him was... his heart. Seungyoon brought along Taehyun's heart with him to Busan.

 

 

 

 

"Boo!" Seunghoon attacked Taehyun from the back of the counter. Taehyun who was busy in his thought were suprised by that that he almost kung fu Seunghoon with the mop he was holding. Fortunately, Seunghoon is the manager and much more older than him, so Taehyun kept the urge to do so, instead he gave him his glares. 

 

"Hey, we'll be getting new boy as a new co-worker today , you know what that means?"  Seunghoon asked.

 

"Uh... i'll be getting someone new as a rival in my job?" Taehyun shrugged.

 

"Teng! I finally got someone new to bully!" He said shaking both of his fist in the air eagerly. 

 

Heol ㅡ Taehyun thought. Taehyun was not interested to know more about the new guy so he get back to his previous job, moping the floor.

 

It had been 3 months since he last saw Seungyoon on the train. The next day after he left Daegu, he received ₩30000 in his bank account. Weird, because he never told Seungyoon his bank account. That boy is full of mystery indeed. 

 

His mind wondered to few days ago. He received one annoymous text from an unknown sender. The text said something like:-

 

"I'll come for you. Wait for me."

 

Could it be from someone he knew?  Or maybe it was from some certain boy he waited for 3 months now. Taehyun shook his head. It cannot be him. Why would he bother to send him text anyway?

 

Maybe it was from the mad bull? Taehyun shook his head again. That couldn't be possible. That bull doesn't know him, or maybe he did. Taehyun sighed frustratedly.

 

Suddenly, someone tapped his shoulder. He could see from the corner of his eyes that that is Seunghoon hyung so he didnt spare a glance.

 

"What is it?" He said nochalantly. His eyes still looking at the floor pretending that he was busy with his job. "I'm busy right now, hyung." 

 

"Hey the new kid is here. " Taehyun didnt even raise his head. He just nodded. "Introduce yourself." 

 

"Nam Taehyun," he held his hand up and continue moping the floor, not giving the boy even a glance.

 

The boy chuckled. His hair perfectly styled under the cap. Apron on his waist and black vest covering his white button up. Same outfit as Taehyun. He stood there next to Taehyun with hands on his back

 

"Seungyoon, Kang Seungyoon." The boy grinned. Taehyun quickly turned his gaze to the boy. Indeed it was that KANG ING SEUNGYOON.

 

"You!" The boy chuckled at Taehyun's angry face. Taehyun knows that he is crawling into his doom but at the same time he was more than happy to meet this devil again.

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: told you to not expect anything from kangnam :-). Anyway sorry for taking so long on updating this story. Thanks for those whp comment and subcribe ♥♥. The poster was self-made though hee ^^v