1st

By your side

 

It’s been like this for one year already. Yoseob couldn’t walk around anymore, people will say bad things to him and hit him. The only reason that make him go to school  was his mother. The boy hate that place, he couldn’t be himself anymore.

‘Another day in that school, aish’ thought Yoseob while leaving his home waving goodbye to his mom with a fake smile on his face.  

The walk to school wasn’t that long, but Yoseob wish it was. He was tired. That place made him feel dizzy.  Yoseob breathed in and out and entered the school.

‘Ya, look who is here, little Yoseobbie, the GAY boy’ Said a guy laughing while Yoseob was passing, people around him started to make disgust noises. It was like this every single day since the day that the whole school discovered that YoSsob liked boys.

‘It to live in a town with people with a close mind’ thought Yoseob.

The little boy continued to walk, stopping just at his locker, he caught his books and walked directly to his class. He have been doing this for a year, ignoring everyone, quiet all the time. He wanted so bad the end of that year. Yoseob watched the classes thinking of how much he wanted to be at home, on his room, listening to music, reading a book.

When the bell finally rang, the boy caught his books and got in his way to his locker, when he was just about to open his locker someone pushed him and he fell on the ground, his books spread all over the place.

‘So, Seobbie’ laughs, was all he could hear ‘What about learn a lesson? You can’t go around dating boys, you are staining this school name’ The boy kicked Yoseob once, twice and on the thirty time Yoseob was already just half awake, that’s when he heard a deep voice saying ‘Stop, now, leave the boy alone’

He knew that voice. It was Junhyung, the most popular guy in the school, football team’s leader, the guy that every girl wanted… You know, popular.

‘Why is he stopping them? He used to be one of them, wall he never said anything to me, or laugh when they said, but he was always with the boys that insulted me…’ Yoseob lost himself, and fainted.

Yoseob opened his eyes and saw a white wall, he looked around, he knew this place, it was the school’s bathroom. What was he doing there, he breathed in and let out a moan of pain. He could see blood in his shirt.

‘ Are you ok? You are Yoseob, right?’ Yoseob looked up to see who was talking to him, it was Junhyung, he had a tissue in his hand.

‘No, I’m not okay, and yeah, I’m Yoseob’  Junhyung just nodded and sat in front of Yoseob.

‘This may hurt a little’ Junhyung stared to clean Yoseob’s face injuries, the one he got when he fell after being pushed.

‘Ouch’ Yoseob let it out a little moan when Junhyung touched his mouth, ‘that really hurts’ thought the little boy.

‘Why are you doing this?’ Yoseob asked and looked to the older boy.

‘I just couldn’t stand anymore’

‘But you never stopped them, you are always by their side, before, you know’

‘I was weak, before. I didn’t wanted to lost my popular status, so I continued to ignore what they were doing with you’

‘Why this even bothers you? You should just continued to ignoring, right now I think you lost your precious popular status’

‘Because I’m just like you, Yoseob’

‘Like me? What the hell?...’

‘I’m gay’

‘Wh-what?’

‘See, even you is judging me, that’s why I didn’t tell anyone, but when you told everyone, I fell weak, I was hiding myself all the time, being someone I wasn’t, dating girls I didn’t like, and you are there, being yourself, dating the boys you wanted to date, being injured for that. That really made me think, but I wasn’t ready to tell anyone, I wasn’t stronger like you, I...’

‘I understand you, if I could back at the time I told everyone, I would haven’t done that, being strong resulted in this’ Yoseob pointed his injured body.

Junhyung just smiled and continued to clean the boy’s face. When he ended, he sat on Yoseob’s side. Both in silence, looking at the blank wall.

‘Well people doesn’t know you are gay, you just helped me, that couldn’t be THAT bad’

‘Yeah I think, but I’m going to tell anyway’

‘What? No, can’t you see what they done to me?’

‘Yeah, I see and that’s why I’m going to tell everyone, this can’t be like this anymore. It may seen awkward for me to say this, but I’m your side Yoseob, from now on’

Yoseob smiled.

‘Well, at least you are not going to hell or something like that,’  Yoseob said, looking at Junhyung’s face.

‘No, I’m going to hell’ the older replied.

‘No you’re not ‘

‘Yes, I am’

‘Why?’ Yoseob asked confused.

‘Because of this’ 

The last thing Yoseob felt was Junhyung lips on his.

-THE END-