One day

Competition

It’s a lovely day for VIXX to have a rest after weeks of hectic schedules. Leo was at his room, writing a rough draft for his next song.

At another room, Ravi was snoring the day away, having dreams that no one knows.

His loud snore could be heard till the living room so Ken and Hyuk decided that the best way to block out the horrible sounds was by tuning on their favourite anime on a laptop with snacks in hand. Unfortunately, the calm and relaxing mid-morning was disturbed by an argument.

“I’m more good-looking than you and there’s no denying it!” shouted N with fiery indignance in his eyes.

“No, I am! I’m the visual for a reason so please stop being jealous of me.” replied Hongbin hotly.

“Jealous? Hey, girls like me more than you do because I’m romantic.”

“Please don’t make me barf. I only need to open my shirt and every girls will fall for me.”

“Scoff, I don’t need to open my shirt. I’m just that naturally adorable. The argument continued on with neither backing away from another.

The anime duo could only sighed and shook their heads.

“When this is going to stop?” asked Hyuk worriedly. “Ever since a fan said that Hongbin was more handsome than N and another said vice versa, those two hadn’t stop fighting about it.

“Yeah, I thought it would be just a normal bickering but it become worse. We need to stop them before they say things they didn’t mean to say. N had been stressful lately and if Hongbin says the ‘D’ word, I think he will pass the point of no return from total lack of self-confidence. Plus, I will puke from all the self-praising.” said Ken with an unusual frown.

“I have an idea but we need to gather the other members first.” exclaimed Hyuk

They decided to wake up Ravi from his slumber and after much difficulty, they dragged him to Leo’s room. Leo looked at them with a blank stare and was slightly irritated by the disturbance. When he heard how serious it was, he paid full attention to the maknae’s plan.

“N, can we go out to buy groceries? We almost have nothing in the kitchen.”asked Leo, his question startled N from his thoughts. He was still fuming about him and Hongbin but his bad mood lessened at the sight of his most trusted friend.

Still he didn’t like the fact they were going together with Hongbin. Leo said that the groceries would be more than usual because of Hyuk’s growing appetite so he need some help to carry the bags. Hyuk pouted when he heard that and the sight of him made N to chuckle but as soon as his eyes made contact with Hongbin’s, he looked away. He turned his thoughts on different things such as the upcoming schedule and how’s Ravi doing sleeping alone at the dorm.

When Leo went ahead to search for the groceries, he was surprised when Leo told him to stay there with the others.

He wanted to buy something special for Ravi who had been losing sleep on composing his song but he didn’t want others to know for he feared they would tell him.

Leo never really willingly buy something for the other members but maybe he had a change of heart when he himself found out the ways of composing his own songs and how hard it was for Ravi.

N agreed with his plan but when he turned around to see Hongbin standing near him with an indifferent look on his face.

“N hyung, can we play a game?” asked Hyuk with an innocent look on his face.

“What game?”

“Oh! Oh! Let’s so some random stuff such as asking strangers on who is the most good-looking among us. But since we need some referee, Hyuk and I ( Hyuk said hey!) volunteered so it’s between you and Hongbin.”, explained Ken with a giddy smile on his face.

“Huh, of course, I would win.”Hongbin proclaimed.

“Who do you think you are? Of course, I’m the one who would win.” N snapped at the sight of Hongbin’s smug face.

And the game began.

Somehow they got a tie. They had earned a few weird looks when they suddenly pop the question at a customer but most managed to recognize them.

“Hey, what about those two over there? They looked like tourists.” Ken pointed at a pair of girls who was looking at the variety of chocolate sold. They obviously looked different than any other Koreans they had seen.

Both N and Hongbin were nervous to greet the two of them especially when they knew they would have to speak in English. But their eagerness to win the game steeled their nerves so they approached the two girls.

“Hi. Can you speak English?” N asked.

They both turned around and one of them who had a pair of pretty eyes looked at them with surprise that was enough for her to drop her chocolate.

 Her friend who was wearing a pink jacket and a pair of green-framed spectacles quickly responded though she also looked shocked herself.

“Yes, yes. We know English.”

“Between me and this guy ( Hongbin glared at him), who is more good-looking?”

The chocolate girl shyly pointed at him and N was about to brag about it but the pink jacket girl chose Hongbin which meant they were still tied.

“Thank you. Sorry also.” N quickly said before leaving the two astounded girls.

“Did that just happen? Am I dreaming?” the chocolate girl asked.

“I couldn’t believe that we could meet our biases during our trip to Korea! Why didn’t we ask them to take pictures with us?” the pink jacket girl whined as her eyes watched Hongbin and N’s tall figure disappeared among the crowd of people.

All five entered the dorm with Hongbin and N looked very tired. Ravi was reading something in his phone while relaxing on the sofa. His face brightened when he saw them.

“Guys, guys look at this. Our fans are really busy today.”

They all gathered around and saw that Starlights had done six polls for different categories in their fansite.

Hyuk got the ‘Most Manliest’.

Ken got the ‘Most Adorable

While Ravi got the ‘Most Chic’

And Leo got the ‘Most Charismatic.

The ‘Most iest’ category that went to N

And Hongbin got the most votes for the ‘Most Hottest’.

Hongbin and N didn’t look at the result long because they both noticed a post of a picture of them together during their Toxic performance.

Under it, read a caption: We just met our biases today and we are so happy to see them together. We love both of them. We also love the rest of VIXX because they are awesome in their own way.

N stared at Hongbin with guilt and sorry in his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Hongbin-ah. I’m became so full of myself that I didn’t want to acknowledge you are better than me.”

“I’m sorry too, hyung. You are also good- looking too.”Hongbin sniffed before he hugged the leader. Everyone else was relieved that their feud was over.

Leo silently gave Ravi the green-flavoured ice cream at the kitchen. Hyuk entered the kitchen with a grin on his face.

“I’m waiting, Ravi hyung.”

Ravi sighed. “Ok, fine . Your plan works. I never thought I would ever create a fan account and started the poll myself.”

“And whose idea was it?”

“ You.”

“I’m such a genius.” the maknae smiled proudly and Leo thought of how much the youngest had grown up.

A/N I hope you enjoy this one-shot. Please do check out my first EXO fanfic at this link.http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/960876/smile-for-me-exo