Chapter 4

Best Friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s the second day from Naeun got hospitalized. She is dehydrated and was lack of sleep for few months that makes her grows weaker. It’s a lucky day for her indeed that Jongin saw her and manage to caught her before she falls on the hard road way. If not, she will end up with scratches.

Jongin registers her for the private ward and been taking care of Naeun since the first day. Ilhoon came and left as he needs to catch up the headline for their assignment and came to get Naeun’s thumb drive where she stores her assignment. Jongin told him that he will surely inform him if Naeun had awake.

Naeun stirs and quickly scans her surroundings and the first person she saw is her ‘best’ friend.

“Jongin?”

He nods and kisses her hand before she pulls it abruptly. Instead of being angry or frustrated, he smiles.

“How are you feeling? You had been sleeping for two days.”

“Two days?”

“You left the next morning.”

“I went out for my morning jog and you weren’t there when I got back. So I go out again for a stroll.”

“I thought you left. I thought you just came for.”

Naeun closes her eyes and brought her knees to her chin. Too hurt to say the words.

“You are not my buddy if that is what you were thinking Naeun.”

He caresses the side of her face.

“I actually love you Naeun ah. I’m ashamed that I show it in a wrong way.”

“You love me?”

Jongin nods with a smile.

“I think I had always loved you Eun ah.”

Naeun raised her head to have a good look on him. He wasn’t lying when he said that. She knows the look he gave her.

“You really love me Jongin ah?”

He nods again.

“If it’s not you, I can love no one else.”

“But.”

She paused and bites a tear away.

Jongin moves closer when her shoulder slumped and hugs her, kissing her head and caresses her back.

“I’m acting like a jerk.”

“You did.”

“I’m inconsiderate. I should have told you.”

“Do you know how empty I felt when you always address me as chingu? I felt horrible.”

“I know.”

“I was dying. I’m blaming myself when I realized that I fall in love with you. The one who actually calls me his bestfriend.”

Jongin nods.

“I slept with you because I truly love you Jongin ah. I sincerely love you. I can’t imagine my life without you. That’s why I just let you undress me whenever you want even though I felt terribly disgusted on myself for using that to make you stay.”

“Oh God Naeun ah. Please don’t feel that way. I’m the one who should feel that way. I took you for granted. I should have said that I love you as a woman right from the start.”

Naeun keeps sobbing in his embrace until her shoulder shook.

“Naeun ah. Listen to everything that I want to say. You know how I am right?”

She nods on his chest after a moment and he took it as she was listening and he continues.

“I held out my hand first for friendship, and you took it sincerely because you really want to befriend with me.”

She nods again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter