CHAPTER 8

Silver Lining

Sunggyu’s team:

Woohyun was nearly on the verge of tears when he saw the misery in those people’s eyes. They were going through so much pain. The smile on the people’s face when they got the relief package made him feel little better. He was glad to meet Sunggyu and be able to join this team.

After the distribution in that area, they went to the next place carrying the packages. The roads were so damaged. The pitch roads were cracked from middle. They had to be careful while travelling. Bambam became so scared seeing the road.

“Hyung! If the road cracks further and they will gobble us down then…I miss my parents.”

Jinyoung caught him in a hug trying to comfort the sobbing boy. “Don’t worry Bambam. We will make it safely home. The roads won’t crack further. Believe me.”

“Hyung, can’t we go back. I am scared.” Bambam told between the sobs.

This time Woohyun tried to coax him. “We are with you here. So, don’t panic. Everything will be alright. Just focus on the happy face of the people over there so that, you will get some determination. Don’t you think the blessings we get from those people are worth the risk?”

Woohyun hugged the boy and drew circles in his back which helped him to calm down a bit.

Sunggyu was not very good with these persuading things so, he watched the scene happening before him and was amazed by how Woohyun was handling the situation.

Noticing his gaze on Woohyun, Doojoon voiced out, “He is cute, right!”

This caught Sunggyu off-guard making him stutter, “Y..yeah!”

He was too embarrassed for stuttering to notice the slight smirk forming on the latter’s face.

 

 

Despite the rough condition of road, they reached the destination safely and were glad to reach out in that area.

But on their way back, the thing which they feared the most happened. There was a huge landslide. Due to the earthquake, the soil had become very weak, so there was the risk of landslide. They just prayed that it would not be on their way but they were not that lucky. Now they were stuck on the way in middle of nowhere.

Bambam’s condition became worse than before. He was a sobbing mess. Woohyun and Jinyoung had hard time controlling him. Sunggyu, who was the only one having rational mind now, immediately tried N’s number. The network also was against them. But he tried continually and after 17th call, the line was finally connected.

“Please pick up the phone..pick up..” Sunggyu kept on mumbling.

And after the third ring, he heard the voice, “Hyung, what’s the matter? Is there any problem?”

Sunggyu explained the situation over there.

N listened carefully and replied, “Hyung, hang on there for a second. I’ll see what I can do and call you as soon as possible.”

“Don’t call me. My cell is running out of battery. Call Doojoon, okay.”

“Nae,hyung.”

The call ended and each minute felt like hours waiting for the call from N. Exactly after 24 min, there was  a beep in Doojoon’s cell. Sunggyu took the cell and answered immediately, “N, did you find any solution?”

“Hyung, the road seems almost blocked so, we are still searching for the alternative ways. Hyuk is working on that. For today, you will have to rest there only. If you turn right from where you are now, and go for about half an hour, you can find a small area with some tents there. When you reach there, search for Jaehyo. He will guide you from then on.”

“Okay, thanks buddy.” Sunggyu replied.

“We’ll search for the solution soon hyung.”

Sunggyu drove to the stated place as fast as he could. When he saw light coming from the tents ahead, he felt relieved. Upon reaching there, he asked for Jaehyo and was immediately taken to him. He was a nice looking young boy who welcomed them with pleasure.

“Thank you Jaehyo sshi for giving us shelter.” Sunggyu told earnestly.

“No problem hyung. N is a good friend of mine and moreover, you guys came all the way here to provide the relief material taking so much risk. It’s the least I could do.”

Another guy entered the tent and called for dinner, “Hello everyone. I am Taeil. You guys must be hungry so, come have dinner first.”

They were so glad to get this place to eat and sleep and be with other people. If only they had to be in the middle of the road, they could not imagine what their situation would have been.

 The next morning, they were having tea when Doojoon’s phone rang again.

A cheerful voice was heard in the other line, “Hyung, we found the way.”

Sunggyu was happy to know that they could get back to their home now. He asked, “Okay, Hyuk, tell me the way.”

 “Since the road you travelled is completely blocked, you cannot go to through it. So, you have to choose the next option. But it would be little longer.”

After listening the direction carefully, he hanged up. Distributing the little materials they had left to the people where they resided for the night, they bid goodbye.

They were taking turns in driving. Jinyoung and Bambam fell asleep since tiredness was taking toll in their body driving whole night. Now Sunggyu had been driving for hours and he was feeling his knuckles stiffen as well so, Doojoon volunteered to hold the wheel. When he came to the backseat, Woohyun sat next to him.

 

Seeing that they will get back to their respective places in few hours, Woohyun mumbled, “Thank you hyung!”.

Smiling a little Sunggyu asked, “For what?”

“For everything! For making us participate in such noble deed, for letting us see the smile on those grief-stricken faces, for making it possible to get so much blessings, for not panicking in the trouble and bringing us safely home.”

“You are making me sound like a priest.” Sunggyu tries to brush off the topic to hide his blushing cheeks.

“I am not sure about priest, but you are a true angel for me.” Woohyun smiled from ear to ear.

“Yah! Don’t joke.” Sunggyu looked outside the window so that he would not have to face Woohyun.

“I am not kidding. You truly are an angel.” Woohyun confirmed.

Suddenly Sunggyu found the road outside very interesting and was lost in its beauty.

From the front seat, Doojoon was happy for his two best friends.

 

 


 

 

A/N: So, how did you feel this WooGyu chapter? And to all the subscribers, upvoters and the silent reader, please accept my 90 degree bows! You guys are the best^^

On other note, Sungyeolie left for jungle and he is looking so cute in that hat^^ It’s great to hear that he got there safely! Take care of your health, nae sarang Yeol (。♥‿♥。)