One shot!

When The Lights Go Out

A/N: Forgive me for I didn't read this a second time and just posted it, so there might be spelling/grammar mistakes that I haven't noticed. Includes swearing and mentions of intimate parts, also ual innuendos.

------------------

           Taeyeon thought this must have been the end of her luck. She sat down at the table, slightly glaring at the bunch of idiots in front of her. The awards ceremony was boring and the performances that took place after it were going to be even more so, especially when she had to babysit one of their youngest groups. She had been too full of herself, agreeing to that stupid bet her members made, even expecting herself to be the one to win it.

 

~

 

           “Sooo… What are your guesses, girls?” Hyoyeon asked, jumping excitedly in her seat. Yuri smirked and threw a piece of paper on the crafted piece of wood in front of them. Sooyoung wanted to take a peek, curiously, but Jessica stopped her, slapping her hand away. “Come on! It’s a really easy one!” Tiffany exclaimed, pouting and looking back at Sooyoung. “I don’t even know why we’re doing this…” Taeyeon sighed, covering her face with her hands. “Well… We all know how much of a pain in the those hyper kids can be!” the answer came from the one who had started all that in the first place. “Hurry! Show me what you wrote!” Hyoyeon continued and grinned from ear to ear.

           Taeyeon groaned and turned the notebook around, revealing her answer to the weird question.  All the other girls burst out into fits of laughter, smiling knowingly to each other afterwards. “What?” the leader asked, a bit too annoyed by their reaction. “Have a nice date with your ex-boyfriend and his friends~!” Jessica sang her words on the tune of Lucky by EXO and then ran away, to avoid Taeyeon’s glare. “Why? It’s correct!” she muttered, throwing the crumpled page towards Hyoyeon.

           Tiffany smiled sweetly at her and continued hat Jessica had started before receiving an attack from their leader “Too big~! Too big~! Too big~!”. Taeyeon gasped and landed, ungracefully, back on her chair.

 

~

 

           All she wanted was to be home, in her bed, in her pyjamas, watching sappy movies and eating ice cream, but instead of that, she got to shine some more, in a dress a bit too tight for her and shoes that she could barely walk in. Her eyes scanned the room, looking for someone familiar, but just then she remembered the only ones representing their company was her and the other twelve boys. She sighed and mindlessly started playing with the bottle of water that was on the table, in front of her.

           Taeyeon glanced to her right and noticed Baekhyun chatting animatedly with Chanyeol. She bit her lower lip, frowning a little. Great! On top of everything that she got into, she had to be seated next to her ex too. “.” she muttered under her breath and swore to plan a slow and deadly revenge on her members.

           “Noona, are you alright?” Junmyeon asked, worry clear on his handsome features. Oh, the nice and respectful leader. Why couldn’t she have dated him instead? He seemed like a much better choice than that brat who got her running around in circles. She nodded and allowed him to go back to the conversation he was having with Yixing. She decided to just lay low and listen to what the others talked about, not having anything else to do.

           “Jondae-yaah! Give it to me! Please!” Baekhyun begged the other, pouting cutely and holding his hands in front of him, as if waiting to receive something. “No, Baekkie! You’re an idiot and you’re going to put it in your mouth!” she blushed hearing those words leave Jongdae’s lips, but refused to turn around and see what they were talking about. “How can I even do that? It’s too big!” her ex-boyfriend exclaimed, before gasping loudly. “Well… Most of the time you make it fit in.” Chanyeol snickered, watching Taeyeon closely out of the corner of his eye. Baekhyun whined again, punching softly both of his laughing friends.

           “Hush!” Yifan began, holding a finger over his lips and glowering at them, as Miss A came into view on the big stage. Taeyeon turned her head to look at the four girls, smiling brightly that she didn’t have to listen to their bickering anymore. As soon as they started singing though, she regretted it. Chanyeol and Yifan were up on their two legs, dancing excitedly to Bad Girl, Good Girl, while the rest were clapping and laughing like seals. Her eyes widened and she just wanted to hit both of them and make them sit down. She had never felt so embarrassed in her whole life, but she had to keep a good face on. She was aware that the fans were filming them, especially her and Baekhyun.

           Thankfully, their mini fanboy session was over fast and they sat down when a slower song came on. She sighed deeply, feeling relieved. Junmyeon looked at her and chuckled, then he started slowly closing the distance between them “Noona, just remember I have to go through this daily.”. She turned her head to answer him, but instead heat rose to her cheeks, assuring her that her face was clearly as red as a tomato, when she realized her lips were just inches apart from his. The girl quickly changed to her initial position, ignoring the smirk on the other’s features. “I underestimated him.” she thought and stared down at her hands “Damn it.”.

           Right when Taeyeon believed someone else was gonna come out and perform, the lights went out and high-pitched screams filled the air. She concentrated on her breath, trying to calm her nerves down, but before she could make another move she felt a pair of soft, strawberry-tinted lips press gently on her own. Her eyes grew bigger and she begged her vision to adjust faster so she could tell who that person was. Taeyeon temptingly reached out, her hand hitting someone’s chest, but instead of pushing the guy away, she grabbed his tie, pulling him closer. Well, this night actually turned out to be interesting…

           On her far left, she heard a man yell “Please, everyone, calm down! The power’s going to come back soon!”, but she didn’t care. Their lips brushed one last time, before parting, his breath still ghosting on her face. She felt his tongue slide along her bottom lip and gasped, allowing him to slip it inside . His hand somehow found the back of her chair and pulled it closer to him, his body hovering over her. As soon as she moaned, he broke the kiss, one of his fingers resting between their lips, in an attempt to keep her silent.

           She smirked and the tip, feeling more erted than ever, but weirdly enough, this was such a huge turn on for her. He chuckled deep in his throat and it sounded so familiar, but she really couldn’t tell who he was. She’d never kissed someone like that before. So hot, so desperate, but at the same time not messy enough to be considered that. She could feel his slender fingers caressing her neck, every touch burning her skin. After another quick peck on her lips, he backed away and she heard a chair screeching, but she was feeling too dizzy to concentrate and find out from which direction it came.

           Just in time, the lights were again and she cursed under her breath, imagining how she must have looked in that moment. Her lips were trembling and her chest was moving up and down quickly as she tried to regain the air she lost. She scanned her surroundings and eyed the boys suspiciously, wondering which one of them did it. The girl narrowed the list to two choices: either Junmyeon (Which couldn’t be that bad. Really!) or Baekhyun (It couldn’t be him, right? He’d never kissed her like that before.), considering they were the closest to her.

           “Uh… Uh… Junmyeon-ah!” she began and the man turned to face her, smiling sweetly. Taeyeon blushed and bit her lip, staring at his tie. “What is it, noona?” he asked, startling her a bit. “Umm… Do you… uh… like strawberries?” the girl replied with another question, mentally facepalming. “Very subtle, Taeyeon-ah.” she thought and waited for the other’s answer. Junmyeon laughed and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion “Where did this come from?”. Since it was already done, she decided to go along with it “Just tell me.”. “No. I’m allergic. Even to lip tints.” he spoke softly, pursing his lips in a thin line.

           . It wasn’t him. But wait… Maybe he was playing with her. He said “lip tints”. Oh, how her night was turning from bad to worse, she couldn’t understand. She was definitely going to put her revenge plan in action. Firstly, she had to listen to some fanfiction scene, then watch as they fanboyed over another girl group and now all she could think of was that she on the finger of someone she didn’t even know who it was. She felt so embarrassed.

           Taeyeon reluctantly turned her head towards Baekhyun, thinking that her mystery man clearly couldn’t be the leader. Immediately, she regretted her action. (Why was she so attracted to him now? When they dated it was never like this.) He was looking at her, a smirk playing on his lips as they were slightly parted, one hand arranging his disheveled hair and the other putting his tie back in place. “You haven’t lost your touch, noona.” he teased, voice low and seductive. His tongue poked out of his mouth to the corner of his lips, only to retreat back inside as fast as it came out.

           Taeyeon blinked a few times, trying to get rid of the shock, but uneffectively “B-Baekhyun…” she whispered, her breathing uneven. “Yes, noona?” he answered in the same tone as earlier on. She fought the urge to grab his tie again and pull him into a kiss, desire clear in her eyes as she took in the view displayed before her. “Stop. We-We’re over. Remember that.” the girl spoke, coldly turning back around to look up at the stage.

           He chuckled and before she could do anything more, he held her hand, entwining their fingers. Taeyeon glared at him and tried to shook his hand off of hers, but the grasp was too tight. “. Let go.” she spat out, glaring at Baekhyun. He only looked to the front, ignoring her protests. Although he seemed to be enjoying this, he opened his mouth and what came out finally made her stop “You were never good with numbers. I had always believed that, but now… I’m sure of it.”. As the final words left his lips, he smiled back at her, waiting for a reaction.

           The girl got up from her chair, surprising the people in the room and Baekhyun let her hand go as she turned around and left. He ignored Junmyeon’s glare. He also ignored Chanyeol’s and Jongdae’s laughs. But the one thing he could not get over were the fans that were chanting “BaekYeon”, even if someone else was performing. Rude. But nice. So good.

 

~

 

           Taeyeon stood outside the venue, her whole body shaking, both from the cold and because of what had happened earlier. “That idiot.” she cursed, pouting and trying to calm down her heart that was beating a bit too fast to be a normal rate. She sighed, crouching and wrapping her arms around her knees. Luckily, she was wearing a long dress, so she didn’t have to protect any unwanted view from the passers-by. A door opened and closed, but she didn’t bother to lift her head to see who it was. She was too lost in her own thoughts and overwhelmed by her feelings that were all coming back at full force.

           She felt something heavy fall on her shoulders and suddenly she was embraced by the warmness of the coat, the perfume stuck on it tickling her nostrils. “You shouldn’t have run off like that.” the man said and crouched next to her. “You shouldn’t have held my hand or kissed me or…” she started, but interrupted her rant with a sigh “Did you have anything to do with the bet?”. “Of course I did. For your information, I had to please every single one of your teammates to get you here.” he began, looking into the distance and then back at her “And trust me: the book Seohyun wanted wasn’t cheap at all.”. She laughed at that, but still eyed him suspiciously.

           Baekhyun flung an arm around her, trying to stop the girl from shivering. “Is it really that cold?” he asked, a cute smile adorning his face. She didn’t answer, this time refusing to look back at him. “Why did we break up in the first place?” he continued, humming an almost inaudible tune. “Because you were a childish that chose to around instead of paying attention to me.” Taeyeon spoke this time, words cutting the air, because of how much hate she put into them. “I’m sorry.” he admitted, being obvious by the tone of his voice how much he really regretted it.

           The girl finally leaned on his shoulder, allowing him to properly embrace her. “I really am. I could never see your real worth. Not until I’ve lost you. I really acted immaturely. You didn’t deserve that.” Baekhyun confessed and bit his lip, still waiting for some kind of reaction from her. “Should we… give it another try?” Taeyeon asked unsurely, peering up at him. He smiled widely and nodded, not esitating in placing a peck on her lips. She blushed and buried her face in her dress, ignoring the laugh that was making her heart skip a beat (or a few more).

 

~

 

           “Why would you make them ask such a question anyway?” Taeyeon remarked finally, after a good amount of time spent with curiosity eating at her. Baekhyun laughed and swayed their linked arms back and forth, as he was walking her back to her dorms. “Jongdae gave me the idea. Does “Who has the smallest in SM?” really sound that bad?” he answered, smiling cheekily. She just stared at him, an eyebrow raised as if silently asking “Are you serious?”. “What was your answer anyway?” the boy continued, ignoring the look on her face. “Of course it was you.” she replied, laughing soundly. He pouted, stopping abruptly and spinning her around until they came face to face. “Should I prove you wrong?” he questioned, smirking. “I was just kidding!” the girl exclaimed and tried to free herself of his hold. He laughed again, before pulling her into his arms. “I missed you.” he said, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

           Taeyeon slowly backed away from him, staring at the sky “Baek, was that a shooting star?”. He looked at her lovingly and clicked his tongue to get her attention back on him. “Do you think it really matters? I have everything I could’ve ever wished for right here. I have you.” he replied, before kissing her passionately, as a veil of shooting stars filled the sky, making the love between them shine.