end

crash & burn
crash & burn;
 
Pairing: Seulgi/Irene
Words: 426 words
Summary: A story of how Seulgi catches the never idle Irene
A/N: This is pointless. A story without a point. Pointless. Just pointless. Forgive my rusty self. First story in years!
 
 
I knew it.
 
I have this feeling.
 
We were meant to fall apart.
 
I just knew it.
 
Because whenever I watch ourselves in the mirror, with you standing in front of it and me hugging you behind, I could never see us getting old together.
 
Just look at our fights. We threw words as sharp as knives and we make sure it stabs us where it hurts. All for the same goddamn thing! (With you asking to leave, and me begging you to please, please stay)
 
You were born to fly, and I was born to stay. My legs could never catch up with your wings, we both knew that. The only way we can be together is when you finally settle down on the ground, but you keep flying away from me whenever I go near and it ing gets hard because it’s only a matter of time before I ran out of breath.
 
Before I ran out of energy.
 
Before I go numb.
 
---
 
We’re just meant to fall apart.
 
You knew that.
 
And yet you still fly away from me, as if you hate the thought of settling down with me. As if you plan to always run away from me. That everytime you flap your wings, the questions I have for you arise. Why couldn’t you stay? Why couldn’t I go with you?
 
Why.
 
Why.
 
Why.
 
And the only answer you gave was the gust of wind you sent my way as you go higher.
 
---
 
We were meant to fall apart.
 
We both knew that.
 
And yet here we are, playing with fire. As if we never fear we could burn alive and turn into ashes.
 
Here we are, in our bed, with our legs tangled (you falling asleep, and me watching you sleeping because you’re finally, finally home).
 
Here we are, watching ourselves in front of the mirror, you standing in front of it and me hugging you from behind (just because I was afraid that you’d flap your wings again and never come back this time).
 
Here we are, on the same ground, you finally settling down and me finally catching you (because no matter where you land, I’d always be there).
 
---
 
We were meant to fall apart.
 
I knew that.
 
You knew that.
 
We both knew that.
 
And yet, neither of us never seem to plan to change anything. We could only keep the unspoken promises between us.
 
That no matter where you fly, you’d fly back to me.
 
And no matter where I run, I would run to you.
 
[end]
 
A/N: Told you so.