Chapter 1

The Immortals

Chapter 1

103 years later

 

            “Dammit Sehun!  You said you’d be ready,” Suho yelled from downstairs.  When there was no answer and took the stairs two at a time to Sehun’s room.  He threw open the door to find Sehun still asleep.  “What have I told you about being on time?”

            Sehun groaned and pulled his pillow over his head to block out the noise. 

            “We’re not doing this again…you said you’d be ready.”

            “Kai isn’t ready either…” his reply was muffled by the pillow over his face.

            “If you’re not up and dressed in five minutes I’m getting the ice bucket.”  Suho left the room and banged on the door directly across from Sehun’s.  “Kai, get up!”

            The door opened, startling the immortal that acted as leader.  “I’ve been up for hours,” he replied.  “When are we leaving?”

            “In an hour.  Help me get Sehun up and ready.”

            The two of them stepped into Sehun’s room and surveyed their surroundings.  The mess of clothes on the floor was a sure sign of Sehun’s avoidance to pack, along with the wide open suitcases pushed up against the wall.

            “Sehun, wake up!” Kai jumped onto the bed and bounced up and down a few times.

            He groaned from beneath and whined, “I don’t wanna…”

            He bent over and whispered in his ear, “There are lots of pretty girls in Korea.  Maybe Miranda will be there.”

            His eyes shot open.  “I’m up, I’m up!  I’ll be packed in 10 minutes.”

            “Mission success,” grinned Kai.

 

            It’s been over one hundred years since Jongin was turned immortal.  The first couple years were hard.  He had to get used to the fact that he was stuck being twenty forever, he had to change his name to Kai since Jongin was killed on the Titanic, and that he would have to move somewhere new every few years to keep anyone from getting suspicious.  He missed Lizbeth at first, he didn’t want to live his life without her, but as years went on, he grew bitter.  It was normal for an immortal to grow to hate the one that turned them, but when the Moderate’s power matured and they could be around their Immortal without dying, their love always came back.

            He’d seen her a few times.  She was always near, always watching him from afar.  He hated it.  The first time she came back, he was thrilled.  It was just as it had been before the ship sank.  Then she got sick and had to leave.

            Suho was the oldest of the immortal’s Kai associated himself with, so it only made sense that he be the one to go to for advice.  “How long was it before you could be with her for longer than a day?”

            “I’m still waiting for that day to come,” Suho answered.  “I know it’s hard for you, it was hard for me too at first, but it gets easier.  The first time is always the hardest.”

            “I haven’t seen her in ten years, and then she comes back out of nowhere, I spend the whole day with her, and when I woke up she was gone…is this always how it’s going to be?”

            “Not always.  But every Moderate is different.  It takes longer for one person’s powers to mature than another’s.”

            Kai understood that, Baekhyun’s Moderate was mature within the year of his change and Luhan’s had already reached her full maturity when she turned him.  He would just have to wait.

            But waiting for her got tiresome.  Kai wasn’t about the random visitations every few years, he only wanted her if she didn’t have to leave the next day.  He wanted her until the day she died.

            1922- Her first visit.  Every second of that day was perfect.  They spent the day catching up on the past ten years.  The walked the streets of Dublin, Ireland together, they visited the castles, watched the sheep grazing in the fields, and once dusk fell, they stayed up all night in a heated passion.

            1930- She came again, this time in Berlin.  He had been in the process of fleeing Germany before the war started.  He didn’t want to be a part of what The Fuhrer had planned for the Arian race.  He wasn’t as excited to see her this time.  They talked, and kissed a little, but he didn’t enjoy her company like he had used to.

            1951- Lizbeth’s powers were maturing quickly, she was almost certain that she would reach her full potential within the next few years and finally be able to be with Jongin again, this time forever.  He wasn’t excited to see her.  In fact, he couldn’t wait for her to leave. 

            1965- It was the last time they spent any time together, but it was time spent fighting.  He told her he didn’t want to see her anymore.  He told her that it hurt him too much to spend a day with her once every ten years, then wake up to find her gone the next morning.  “But I love you!” she yelled back at him.  “I can’t do this anymore…” he replied.  It went back and forth like that for a while.  He left her at the Magic Fountain of Montjuic in Barcelona, Spain.  She was crying.

            The next bunch of years he still saw her.  She never approached him, or said a word to him, she only watched from afar.  In 1969, she followed him and Sehun to Woodstock.  In 1978 she sat at the park across from his apartment in Tokyo.  1986 he was living in Paris with another girl.  Lizbeth was so furious she had to talk to him.  He pretended that he didn’t know her.  She stayed away after that incident until 1994 when he found her in Mexico.  She wasn’t expecting him to approach her, but he did.  “I’ve missed you.” She told him.  He missed her too, but he didn’t tell her that, but they still spent the night together.  After that, he saw her everywhere.  She moved to the same city he did, every time until he moved to Los Angeles in 2009 when he lost any sight of her.  Now, in 2015 he’s grown used to the idea of not seeing her face everywhere he went.

            The twelve Immortal’s boarded their plane to Korea.  “How do you feel?” Chanyeol asked Kai.

            He shrugged in response, “I haven’t been there since I was thirteen…It’s probably changed a lot.”

            “Yeah it has, but you’ve seen pictures, and you’ve lived in New York.  It isn’t much different than that.”

            “Guys, this is the first time we’re all moving to the same place since Germany,” said Xiumin.

            “I just want to see Miranda!” said Sehun.

            “You don’t even know if she’s there…” said Kyungsoo.

            “She wrote me a week ago.  She’ll be there.”

            “Aren’t you lucky you’re actually in love with your Moderate,” Tao mumbled, “mine’s a little …”

             “You’re just bitter because she never comes to see you.”

            “Luhan, she has like five other Immortals, of course I’m bitter!”

            “Well mine has nine!”

            “Stop arguing,” Suho scolded.  “We’re never going to survive this move if you two keep fighting.”

            Sehun leaned over in his seat to talk to kai quietly, “Has Lizbeth tried contacting you at all recently?”

            Kai shook his head, “Not since before moving to L.A.  I’m not gonna complain though.”

            “Man, I don’t get how you.  Lizbeth is hot, if she was my Moderate, I’d never want to leave her.”

            “I didn’t for a long time.  She just got to be too much.  It hurt to see her one day out of every ten years, finally get to a place where I was okay after she left, and then have her show up again.”

            “I guess that makes sense.  I can’t imagine what it’d be like to tell Miranda I didn’t want to see her again.  It’d hurt too much.”

            “It does.  It hurts all the time.”

 

A/N: Comment! Subscribe! Upvote! I love you all!