My Angel

My Angel, My Hero
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

* * *

 

 

Haenul jerked at the sudden noise of moving rocks and concrete. She turned around and pointed her flashlight to a random pile of concrete. She moved the dim light spot around her trying to locate the source of the sound.

 

"Hello? Is somebody there?" Haneul yelled, slowly walking on the school's ruins. She stopped again, waited and listened. The Red Cross worker shone the light again all over the place, trying to see if anything had moved largely and left behind a dust cloud.

 

There.

 

There was a dust cloud. Not a big one, but the dust particles twinkled when Haneul's light hit them. She immediately went over, "I heard you! Sir? Miss? Can you make another sound so I can locate you easier? Don't worry, I'm going to get you out of here!" Haneul listened. After a quiet period she heard faint knocking sound. It sounded like someone was hitting a metal pipe with all their might. The doctor to be knew it had to be their full power. Being trapped for that long was bound to take a toll on even the strongest men. If they were hurt, it was going to be even harder to produce a sound.

 

"Sooyoung! I think I found someone!" Haneul yelled loudly at Sooyoung's direction. She didn't see her friend clearly, only few red dots shone in distance along with a flashlight and headlight. It didn't take long when Haneul heard Sooyoung's running steps. Although the taller woman wasn't a fast runner, it didn't matter. Anyone running on uneven ground would be careful and clumsy.

 

"Where?" Sooyoung asked as she stood next to Haneul. The doctor to be wasn't exactly sure, but it was close.

 

"Keep making that noise. We'll find you, I promise." Haneul spoke loudly and motioned Sooyoung to walk away from her. They both listened when the banging started again. Carefully and slowly they took steps towards the sound. They moved their lights along the ground and listened.

 

"We should've brought K9 with us, "Sooyoung sighed. It was had locating the exact location of the sound. Dogs could have smelled immediately if there was a person under a pile of collapsed building concrete. "Here, I think." Sooyoung pointed a spot under her feet. Haneul nodded in agreement: "I guess we just start digging."

 

* * *

 

"Hit the pipe three times if anything starts to fall on you! We don't want you to get anymore hurt!" Tiffany heard and angelic voice somewhere above her. Tears of relief and joy ran down her dusty cheeks. The uncomfortable squeezing feeling in her heart subsided and it started to beat like it used to. She had given up on hope a long ago, but now her situation didn't seem that bad. Her leg was pulsing and it had really started to hurt her.

 

Tiffany leaned her back against a concrete piece and listened two people chatting about moving pieces carefully and slowly. A smile slowly crept onto the English teacher's lips. She would see her family again! She would see her friends again! She'd have a chance of finding her true love. She wouldn't have to die as a miserable single woman. The English teacher had such a bad luck with finding love. She had dated few guys and girls before, but none of them really captured her whole being. She wanted someone whom she could give her body, mind and soul to.

 

As Tiffany waited to be found she listened to the calming chatting above her. She figured there'd be at least two people. Women, she concluded by their tones. She listened as the other voice complained about missing her midnight snack and how important it was to her. Tiffany giggled when she heard the other voice responding something sarcastic. It felt good to hear voices other than her own. The longer Tiffany waited, the more evident the two voices became. She hoped they'd be close to her by now.

 

She heard a large scraping noise. Like someone pushing or pulling something heavy. Sand and dust started to fall onto Tiffany. The woman started coughing violently. She shielded her head with her free hand and continued to cough. She wished her heroes would stop what ever they were doing. Suddenly, a heavy piece of concrete pressed against Tiffany's healthy leg. A scream of horror escaped from when she realized the small place she was at might collapse onto her. She started hitting the metal pipe with all her might while coughing.

 

* * *

 

"What's that? Do you want us to stop digging?" Haenul stopped pushing a concrete piece immediately when she heard the banging sound. It was way more times than three. It sounded like the person unde

Please log in to read the full chapter