"Appa"

"Appa"

The clanging of metal coming from the kitchen stirred Irene awake. Emitting a tiny groan, she lazily reached for her phone on the bedside table. '6:03' She read, squinting her eyes at the harsh light coming from the screen.

Sitting up, she stretched her arms and legs, sparing a glance at the occupant of the bed across hers who was still snoring softly. Irene slipped into her fluffy slippers and walked towards the figure buried under the covers. She then leaned over and shook their youngest by the shoulder gently.

"Yeri." she said. "Time to wake up." She only heard her hum in response, so she tried again. "Yeri, time for school."

"Yeah..." Yeri mumbled. "Five more minutes, dad."

Irene raised a brow at how she was addressed. "Seriously?" 

She never got a reply. Smirking, she decided to let the poor girl get a few more minutes of sleep, remembering their insane schedule the day before. She carefully sneaked out of their shared bedroom without making a sound. After closing the door, she looked up at the direction of their dorm's kitchen and found the culprit causing all the noise. She smiled.

With her back turned and a pink apron tied around her slim waist, Wendy worked diligently as she usually did each morning. Pans, pots and various ingredients were already prepared and scattered around the counter, ready to be used. She made her way to the dining area, and Wendy, somehow sensing her presence, turned her head and greeted her with a bright smile of her own.

"Good morning." 

"Morning." she replied warmly, finally stopping in front of the stove next to Wendy. "Smells good."

Wendy beamed at her in appreciation, but continued to flip the pancakes she was making. "You're up earlier than usual. Sorry, did I wake you?"

"It's fine." She shook her head. "It's a Monday anyway."

Wendy nodded her head. "Can you pass those plates?" Irene obliged, reaching for plates from the far end of the counter. "Is Yeri awake?"

"I let her sleep for a few more minutes. Seems like she needed it. She was being particularly weird this morning."

"Weirder than usual?" Wendy grinned, and Irene laughed.

Still feeling a little drowsy, she let out a small yawn. Wendy noticed of course, and after putting the last pancake on one of the plates, she grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her around.

"Go freshen up a bit, I'll wake Yeri up."

"But-"

There was no time to argue since Wendy had already gone to their room. She sighed and made her way to the bathroom. It only took her a few minutes to wash her face and brush her teeth. When she got out, Wendy was back to working in the kitchen and Yeri was already sitting at the counter with her head resting on it. The 16 year old was clearly still a little out of it, but the smell of pancakes coming from the plate Wendy placed in front of her woke her up instantly and she grinned at Wendy. "Thanks, mom."

Wendy only shook her head with a smile at the nickname, already used to it after hearing most of the members calling her that jokingly since they were trainees. Irene suddenly remembered her own and sat next to Yeri who was practically inhaling her food.

"Tired, huh?" 

Yeri gave her a confused look and asked around the mouthful of food she was still chewing. "Wha-?"

Irene shook her head. "Nothing, you were just a bit odd this morning."

"I don't know what you're talking about..." Yeri replied after gulping down some water. She then smirked at her. "Dad."

"Why you..."

"You like it anyway." Yeri grinned, already standing up.

"What? Who said I-"

"I'm gonna take a shower now." Yeri brushed past her and grabbed the uniform hanging in the living room which Irene ironed the night before. She then rushed towards the bathroom and closed the door. Irene muttered under her breath and crossed her arms.

Wendy suddenly started humming, catching her attention. Irene didn't really recognize the song, she assumed it was an English one, but Wendy's voice was very relaxing, so she just listened and watched as Wendy's hips swayed along to it. Irene didn't realize how long she had been sitting there until the bathroom door opened again and Yeri came out, already in her uniform with her hair still a little wet from the shower she took. She glanced up at the clock.

"Still a little early, but I think I should head out already. Maybe I can read a bit before class starts." Yeri picked up her bag next to the couch and was about to head towards the door but was stopped by Wendy.

"Where do you think you're going?" Wendy scolded her playfully, holding up a container filled with sliced fruits.

Yeri smacked herself on the forehead before taking it from the older girl. "Sorry." She gave Wendy a side hug. "I'm going now." She walked to the door and Irene followed her out.

"Take care, okay." She reminded her, opening the door.

"I will. Thanks, dad." The evil grin was back on her face and Irene moved to grab her, but Yeri escaped and ran, her laughter echoing throughout the hallway. Irene growled and slammed the door shut.

She rubbed her temples as she went back inside. Like it. Hah.

"What was that about?" Wendy asked curiously as she dried her wet hands with a towel over the sink. She had already freed her hair from the messy bun it was in and her dark brown locks cascaded down her back and smooth shoulders. She had that adorable confused expression where her lower lip was jutted out a bit, eyes wide, and brows raised. Irene shook her head. 

"Nothing. Your daughter was just teasing me." Irene huffed out and walked to the counter, pouring herself a steaming mug of tea that Wendy prepares for her every morning. "Annoying..."

She froze when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and a chin resting on her shoulder. "Is it, dad?" Wendy whispered in her ear, her warm breath making her shudder. Irene felt her face heat up.

She guessed she liked it a little.