Still A Bear In Pajamas

A Bear In Pajamas

The bear walked into the living room, still in her pajamas, feeling sluggish despite hibernating for more than 22 hours, tumbled herself onto the sofa. 

Joohyun being the oldest in the household of Red Velvet, placed a cup of hot milk on the coffee table in front of the couch. She shuffled Seulgi’s hair to inform her about the milk.

Seulgi looked up, eyes half closed and gave the sweetest morning smile to the older girl.

“Mooorning...” yawned Seulgi.

Unable to deny the sweet antics, Joohyun knelt down and pinched sloth bear’s cheeks and kissed her on the nose.

“Why do you have to be so cute even after waking up?” smiled Joohyun and left to iron Yerim’s school uniform.

Seulgi sat upright and took the cup of milk. She just kept staring into the milk before Seungwan came out of nowhere and struck her onthe head.

“Dumb bear! Drink your milk and let’s bake carrot cakes later!” 

“Why can’t you just bake with Baechu unnie... I’m re..ally... ti...red...”

“Hey! You practically slept for the whole day and even missed your dinner yesterday yet you still feel sleepy? Don’t make me call the maknaes to tease you with kisses. You do know they don’t simply just kiss you on the face...” grinned Seungwan.

Sipping the hot milk slowly then placing the cup down on the coffee table, Seulgi cheekily replied “Maybe I should now go and steal Baechu unnie’s lips from you?” 

“NO WHAT NO YOU DON’T! Kang Seulgi, if you really did, I would make sure you won’t be able to watch dramas and sleep properly for the next couple of days! You hear me?!” Seungwan stared anxiously into Seulgi’s eyes and kept fidgeting around the coffee table.

Before Seulgi could answer the nervous girl, a Squirtle soft toy came traveling at a speed of 100km/h and hit the nose of the unfortunate bear.

“STRIKE! BULL’S EYE!” a shout was heard from afar before another soft toy hit Seulgi’s forehead causing her to groan in pain. 

“ASSA! WHOLE CHICKEN FOR DINNER!” as Sooyoung and Yerim ran up in front of their baby bear unnie while dancing like Mad Hatter. 

On the other side, Seungwan was still deeply concerned about what Seulgi said before, thus, did not notice Seulgi’s agony as well as the troublemakers’ weird octopus dance.

“Stop making such a fuss in the morning and Yerim-ah, get ready to go to school.” said Joohyun as she handed the wrinkles-free uniform to the maknae. 

“It’s still early unnie... Just let me play with Doong Doongie for a while, pleaseee..” shining her most well-known Squirtle eyes.

“You were late for school the other day because you kept picking on Sseul with Sooyoung, don’t you remember? Now go and prepare or no chicken for dinner.”

Yerim walked back into her room pouting before hugging the still-in-pain Seulgi unnie and gave both her so-called mum and dad of the group each a kiss on the cheeks. 

“So what’s for lunch?” Sooyoung’s eyes twinkled as bright as the stars shine. 

“You almost killed Kkangseul and now you’re asking for lunch?” chuckled Seungwan as she back hugged Joohyun and rested her  head on the older’s shoulder.

“Ask for lunch after you eat your breakfast.” said Joohyun while she played with Seungwan’s fingers.

“Can anyone notice me? It really hurts... a lot...” Seulgi rubbed her forehead and nose as the other girls turned to her and just laughed at her silly actions.

Sooyoung then carried Seulgi up as if she was a human-sized cuddly toy bear and sat behind her on the sofa. She too rested her head on Seulgi’s shoulder.

“Why are you still in your pajamas?” questioned Sooyoung as she sniffed the girl’s neck. 

“Because I’m supposedly going back to sleep after drinking my milk yet all of you decided to prevent me from falling into deep slumber again.” Seulgi casually leant back into Sooyoung’s chest. 

“You guys shouldn’t be hooking up early in the morning and left me all alone with my school bag.” Yerim walked into the living room prepared though feeling down when she saw the two couples being lovey-dovey to each other. 

Joohyun and Seungwan extended their arms indicating Yerim to come forth into their embrace. Sooyoung and Seulgi too joined them in the group bear hugs with Yerim in the middle. They stayed in the position for around 10 minutes before Sooyoung decided to speak out.

“Squirtle gonna be late soon and “appa” cannot blame me for her late arrival to school...” Joohyun chopped the tallest girl’s head after sensing her sarcasm.

“Come on, let’s send Yerim to school and get some grocery done for tonight’s dinner and my baking ingredients.” said Seungwan as  she went to get her stuffs. 

“Yah dumb bear! You’re coming with us too.” Sooyoung and Yerim each grabbed Seulgi’s arms and brought her to the front door.

The bear who almost fell back into her rainbow dreams during the group hugs was awaken and felt slightly grumpy. 

She asked, “Am I going out with my pajamas still on? I haven’t shower too...”

“Yes baby bear, you’re going out in your pajamas. But have you wore your bra?” the oldest of the five spoke and cupped Seulgi’s  cheeks.

“Unnie wore it! Yeap! Double-checked!” Yerim said as she and Sooyoung peeked into Seulgi’s pajamas. 

It took 10 seconds for the slow bear to realise she was peeped by the maknaes.

Slamming both the hands off the maknaes, Seulgi shouted, “HEY STOP BEING SUCH A ERT!” She blushed redly in the face. 

Joohyun just stood at the side grinning from ear to ear at how adorable her baby bear was and the naughty kids’ bold advancement. 

Seungwan who heard their bickering curiously asked, “You wore your bra to sleep? Didn’t it feel really uncomfortable?” As she too attempted to peep inside of Seulgi’s pajamas only to be  slapped by Joohyun.

Seulgi shyly replied, “I..I was too sleepy so I just slept in with my bra... It’s quite comfortable actually...”

“It’s a yellow polka dots bra by the way.” said Yerim while tying her shoes. 

“With some lace, yeap.” Sooyoung joined in and tried to look into the pajamas once again.

“Hey, stop it!” She pushed the two young teasers into the hallway followed by Seungwan and Joohyun from behind.

“Okay okay let’s stop all the bickers and get Yerim to school on time. Or no chicken for dinner.” Joohyun patted the youngsters’ back.

“Heyy not fair! Unnie, you shouldn’t be using chicken to threaten us!” pouted the maknaes.

 

And off they went sending Yerim to school and did some grocery shopping with the bear in her pajamas.