fire alarm

fire alarm

The reason I was still up at 3am was a complete mystery, though I could clearly blame it on a new album I had become addicted to or in a book I just had picked up on the library, again. It probably was the 6th time I’ve read that masterpiece, to the point the words were stuck to my brain already, but that was what I liked: predictability. Boring as it sounded, it was better and more comfortable. And if there was something I liked was comfort.

I wouldn’t guess that what would happen next would be nothing I was used to or to claimed to like, but the fire alarm was loud enough for me to hear it even above the music, and it’s not long after that the earplugs are down and I’m slipping in my slippers to head outside and see what the fuss was about now. Certainly, no one would create a fire so late in the night and the probability of someone pulling on the alarm purposely still sounded absurd to me, who would rather to be doing anything in my bedroom than to stand outside my door at dawn, in nothing but pink shorts and a superhero oversized shirt. I mean, seriously, there were way better things to do than to move the entire population of a building that wasn’t even that prestigious.

My opinion changes as soon as I step out of my apartment though and I stop breathing at the sight of a male only in his black boxers, his beautiful toned back and round facing me just a few meters away. Park Jimin had been my neighbour for almost a year now and, according to my best friend, the reason I moved in–which, if you must know, it’s not true at all! Sure, he was handsome in a boyish way when he greeted me with that eye smile at the mornings we casually saw each other or in a manly way when he returned from running at night, too focused on his earbuds to notice me glancing at his arms, but my apartment also had other nice views! And it wasn’t so expensive, and it was cosy, but of course, now I can see I’m only fooling myself because there’s nothing I can think about but how Jimin’s looks so nice when he is closing his door. 

He seems to notice he’s being watched and turns around, sleep still notice in his tiny eyes and in the way his face looks slightly swollen. My mom had said he was fat once, but she obviously hadn’t seen the pack of tanned abs he had, ending in a V on his lower stomach on the way to his the boxers’ hem in a manner that could only fuel my imagination. Say something, the rational part of my brain begged so this awkwardness would be broken, but everything I could think of was of him standing there like this (who even sleeps and is brave enough to walk outside only in their bloody tight boxers, for Christ’s sake?) and how much drool was probably leaving my mouth right now. 

“Is that my shirt?” Comes his voice to break me of my daydreaming, and when I look he has an eyebrow cocked and his deep brown eyes on my torso. Finally, my body reacts and my cheeks flush in a bright pink, and I have to my suddenly dried lips so I can come up with something understandable. “Um…no?” Close enough, but that was my shirt. It was a male sleeveless shirt, probably too big for myself, but I remember buying it, washing it and definitely wearing it whenever the weather allowed it. 

However, Jimin starts frowning at my beautiful answer, and I dread when he starts walking forward in my direction. My hand grabs at the doorknob and at each step he takes, I could only wish I could disappear right now. Or that his new dyed hair didn’t look so nice, all messed up from sleep. Was that a pay back from taking peeks at him a few times? If that were so, tomorrow I’d need to look for a new apartment because I’m so close to combust it’s not even amusing anymore. “No…that’s mine. I’m sure of it.” He continues with the raspiness of his voice, now standing so close I can only glance at his full lips that now seem to be in form of the cutest pout I’ve seen in my entire life. God, he’s so beautiful

"I can prove it!” 

This time my eyebrows are the ones to shoot up, my back arching as I take the dare – because so he makes it sound like, and it’s the hottest thing I’ve heard him say, even better than when he called my name with that satoori of his – in. Before I have any moment to react or say anything, his strong arms are surrounding my hips and the closeness makes my head dizzy. I’ve never been the strongest in socializing, it always drained me and made me a bundle of nerves, but Jimin was able to make it thousand times worse, especially now. 

Breathing becomes something difficult, and I’m almost sure the supposed fire is at my lungs right now, but the gorgeous male is too busy with fiddling at the back of my shirt, looking for whatever it was (but wouldn’t find, since it was my shirt). “Ha!” I hear him exclaim in victory, eyes becoming bright crescent moons as he smiles up to me, before it falls away and just then he notices the position, and I pray for everything there is that this serious face of his does not mean there’s something wrong with my overheated face.

His hand snakes up from my oversized clothing to my face, stopping on my warm cheeks so softly it’s hard to believe it’s him. But as his plump lips suddenly touches mine, and I can feel his ever so nice scent of peppermint, I know it too well. His body comes next, gently pressing against the door and my hands fly to the nape I’ve been eager to touch for months as I kiss him back eagerly with only the rapid drumming of our hearts as background music, echoing fire alarm long forgotten.

His forehead is warm against mine when we pull away to catch some air, and when I unconsciously chew on my bottom lip in nervousness under his close gaze, he puts some distance between us, but only enough so he can catch my hand and turn me around. “Let’s go.”

“Where?” I ask, still dizzy and not truly believing I just kissed half- Park Jimin and that he is holding my hand. Or, of course, that he was really able to go outside in only these ridiculously y boxers. But instead of pulling me towards the stairs, he takes my door’s knob and turns it, a faint grin playing on his lips as he pushes the door open.

“I’m kinda cold. I’m gonna need to take my shirt back right now.”