Final

Sick Love

“Hey guys, Shin hyung’s here!” Yongseok got up and practically stepped on everybody sitting on the grass outside and sprinted towards Shin and Takuya. “Oh, Takuya’s here too.” Yongseok smiled cheekily like he almost forgot the guy was even there.

“Hi Yongseok.” Takuya replies with a clearly fake smile and inconspicuously grabs Shin’s arm.

“Hey Yongseok, how’ve you been? It’s been so long since I’ve seen you!” Shin ruffles Yongseok’s hair with his unoccupied hand. For some reason, he feels Takuya’s grasp getting tighter, like a warning so he stops. Yongseok beams and goes to grab Shin’s arm and cuddle up to his side.

“Come’on hyung, everyone else is here too! Lets go say hi!” and runs off with Shin, ripping him away from Takuya’s grasp and leaving him all alone.

“Ugh.” Takuya grunts in annoyance. “That stupid kid. Why’s he always so happy all the time, especially around Shin.” He complains as he sits down on a chair and watches Shin laugh and get dragged around by Yongseok. “And him too! Doesn’t he know that Yongseok likes him? It’s so annoying, why doesn’t he do something about it?” He continues to watch them, slowly getting more and more irritated.

“Hey Takuya! Get over here, why’re you all alone over there?” He hears Sangmin call him over and proceeds to laugh with Casper at Seyoung for tripping over a rock.

“I’m coming!” Takuya replies with a fake smile, once again. He absolutely hates going to stuff like this, he’d much rather be at home with Shin. These guys aren’t even his friends, they’re Shin’s. He only tags along to keep an eye on him and Yongseok. He doesn’t trust him, he’s always bothering Shin and the fact that Shin lets him, makes Takuya mad.

They’re all sitting on the grass in a circle when he gets over to them, so he sits down next to Shin. Yongseok, sitting on the other side of Shin, is too busy trying to impress him by doing aegyo and all he can hear is Shin laughing and obviously thinking it’s cute. He was irritated when he got here and he’s continuing to get more angry as he watches them interact. He tries to get Shin’s attention and warn him to stop being so nice to Yongseok but fails as Shin can only see Yongseok at the moment. Yongseok can see that he’s clearly making Takuya angry so he decides to take it up a notch.

“Hey hyung,” He then lays his head on Shin’s lap. “I love you.” Shin tenses up as he turns to look at Takuya who looks like he’s about to explode.

“Uh haha.. I love you too, Yongseokkie.” Shin awkwardly chuckles. He feels Takuya get up next to him.

“Shin, can you help me with something in the kitchen?” Takuya angrily grabs Shin’s arm and pulls him towards the house, and into the kitchen. He then slams Shin against the wall so the guys outside can’t see what’s going on. “What. The hell was that?!” Takuya whispers in between his teeth as he continues to grab both of Shin’s arms very tightly. His face is awfully close to Shin’s, so he can see the fear in his eyes.

“Wh-what? What do you me-”

“You know damn well what I mean!” He yells and slams his hand against the wall next to Shin’s head. Shin closes his eyes and whimpers. “You, letting that kid be all over you when you know that he likes you!”

“I-I’m sorry! I didn’t know-!”

“What, you didn’t know?” Takuya scoffs in disbelief. “Please. I bet you like having all the attention.” Shin’s eyes widen as he shakes his head vigorously. “I bet you like having Yongseok drag you around, giving you love and attention, showing you off to them like some prized trophy wife. I bet you wish Yongseok was your boyfriend, don’t you?”

Shin grabs onto Takuya’s arms as he stutters and tries to convince his boyfriend that what he’s thinking is all wrong. “N-no! That’s not-” SLAP. Shin whimpers as his head is forcefully smacked to the side.

“Then don’t forget that I’M your boyfriend, not him. I’m the only one who gets to hold you and tell you ‘I love you’. Got it?” Takuya threateningly whispers and emphasizes every word to make sure Shin understood what he was saying but only got silence in return. “Got it?!” Takuya raised his voice and shook Shin once more.

“Y-yes, yes!” Shin whimpers in response, still refusing to look at Takuya.

“Good. Now, go clean yourself up in the bathroom. I’ll tell them we’re leaving.” Takuya finally lets go of Shin as he leaves the kitchen to the bathroom. Takuya sighs and puts on his fake smile and goes to the backyard.

“Hey Takuya, what took you guys so long? And where’s Shin?” Sangmin asks in concern.

“Oh, we were just getting ready to leave. And he’s in the bathroom. He should be out any minute.” Shin walks out right then, with his head down still.

“Ah, hyung! Are you okay?” Yongseok runs to him in concern and gasps. “Your cheek, it’s red!” Everyone turns to look at Shin and he looks up with wide eyes and sees Takuya’s warning stare.

“Ahh.. I’m okay.. It’s just really hot out here, haha..” Shin replies while covering both his cheeks.

“Are you sure, it looks like a hand-”

“Ah, we should really get going, we have errands to do.” Takuya cuts him off and goes to hold Shin’s hand. “It was nice seeing you guys, sorry we had to leave early~” Takuya smiles apologetically.

“Uh.. yeah it’s okay. Shin, we’ll see you next time, okay?” Seyoung hesitantly replies and goes to say goodbye. Shin nods his head and smiles while waving everyone goodbye. Yongseok looks at Takuya and Shin suspiciously as Takuya turns to leave while pulling Shin along to the car.

The car ride home was tensely silent. Shin didn’t know how to react. He was afraid to say anything, afraid to even move in case Takuya yelled at him but he tried to talk to him anyway.

“Takuya..?” No response. Shin turned his head. “....Takuya..?” Takuya then sharply turned his head at Shin and glared at him. That was his cue to shut up. The rest of the ride home was once again silent.

Once they arrived home, Takuya went straight for the front door, not even waiting for Shin. “Takuya, wait!” The door slammed in his face. He opened it and ran towards Takuya. “Takuya!”

“What?!” Shin was about to touch Takuya’s arm but he turned around, grabbed Shin and slammed him against the wall. “What do you want now?” Takuya got up in Shin’s face and stared in his eyes, almost daring him to say anything. Having Takuya intensely stare into his eyes like that made Shin shrink a little but he still was able to speak.

“..Why’re you ignoring me?” Shin said in a soft voice.

“...Really?” Takuya scoffed and continued to stare him down. “Even after what happened at Seyoung’s, you still don’t know?” Shin had a feeling he knew what made Takuya mad but didn’t know if it was exactly right.

“...For letting Yongseok say he loved me?” Shin guessed and hoped he was right.

“Wow. You actually said something right for once.” Takuya chuckled but his face quickly turned sour. “But that’s not all.” He grabbed and squeezed Shin’s arm very hard.

“Ah!” Shin yelped and tried to get Takuya to let go by grabbing his hand but he shook him off and continue to squeeze harder, this time digging his nails into Shin’s arm. “Takuya, stop!”

“You’re a flirt, you’re dense, you’re an attention , and you don’t know what’s right and what’s wrong but let’s solve that right now, shall we?” Takuya said with a irritated undertone to his voice. “I don’t like Yongseok, or anyone touching you. They can talk to you but only if I’m with you. You will not go anywhere without me. If I catch you doing something I don’t like, I will leave you. I will kick you out onto the streets and you won’t have anyone or anywhere to go to.” Shin’s tear rimmed eyes widened and tried to move in protest but yelped once more when Takuya squeezed his arm. “Do you understand now?” Shin shook his head vigorously and cried out with tears running down his cheeks, “Okay, yes yes I understand! Takuya please let go, you’re hurting me!” He finally let go of his boyfriend and slowly backed away.

“So be careful, alright? I really do care about you, Shin. I’m your boyfriend, I love you. I don’t want anyone taking you away from me. Don’t you forget that.” Takuya said in a strangely calming voice, one completely opposite to what he had before. He softly reached up to Shin’s face and wiped his tears away. “Lets go sleep, okay? I think we’ve had a long day.” Takuya carried Shin to the room, who was obviously exhausted from the day’s events, and let him down on the bed. He climbed on the bed and laid down next to Shin and pulled him into a tender embrace so his front was flush against Takuya’s. Being in such a warm position with his boyfriend made Shin forget everything that happened today, all of the emotions he was feeling was washed away by the love he felt through his boyfriend’s actions.

“Don’t worry Takuya, no one will take me from you.. I only want you and I only love you. Nothing will change that…” Shin thought to himself as he felt a pair of lips on top of his head and slowly drifted to sleep.