Life

Heart Strings

 

   My head was throbbing, my wrist is broken, and my mind is blank.
I'm used to this, actually. I'm used to the beatings, the cuts, and slashes. My life is full of nothing. My family is very rich. Wealthy, you might say. Stinking, wealthy. 
I have no say in what they do. Either murder someone, or destroy me, I don't have a chance to speak. 
 
   My life has been bitter, full of disgust, and sour, with urge to throw up.
I am kept, locked up in my room. I am not allowed to go anywhere, only school and work my shift at "Bubbly Boba." I am not allowed to go out on holidays, while my 'parents' go to Italy and crap. 
 
   Let me tell you about my so-called, 'parents'. 
My mother works at a club, before she met my father. The day my father came for his work, they hit it off. 
My mother eventually became pregnant with me. My father didn't want me, never they did my mother. So, when I was born, she left me in the hospital when she was discharged. I was in that little box, no oxygen whatsoever. Luckily, a nurse helped me. I had to go through major surgeries once I was 13 because of that, but yeah. 
 
   Once I was home, my mother neglected me. She placed me on the floor of an empty room. Spiders were crawling on the walls. I cried day in and day out. One day, my grandmother decided to drop by. She was looking for a bathroom, but instead, she found me. 
 
   She took me home with her that day, well, until I was 10. 
My parents got me back that day, the day of my birthday... 
 
   My parents decided that I was old enough to be a punching bag. So one rainy day, my parents barged into my grandma's house. My grandma tried to get me back but, my dad was holding a pistol. I lost her that day. On my birthday also. 
 
   After that day, I live in misery. Everyday, I would get tied up, and forced to eat 'food'. 
Then I would get beaten if my mother or father was drunk or just wanted to. 
 
   I would go to school with bandages and ointment on my arms and legs, sometimes my head. People asked about it, they did, but I made up stupid excuses.
I don't want innocent people getting dragged into my family's misery. 
 
   "KIM GWIBOON!!! Get your out of bed! You have five minutes!!!" My umma's voice rang through the house corridors. I'm sick of this now. After 5 years of this, I feel like I want to die. 
 
   I slipped out of bed and went to the showers. I only get cold water. So much for relaxing. I got out a minute later dressed in a white tee shirt and a white short skirt. 
 
   I slinked down the stairs, ignoring the complaints and insults that were thrown at me. 
I stepped out of the house in one piece, thankfully. 
I didn't have the appetite for breakfast. All they feed me, are leftovers and some other crap. Actually, they rarely feed me. I only sneak food in and out from school. 
 
   I rushed through the gates to meet up with Taemin and Taeyeon for our early morning dance classes. 
"Annyonghaseo Taemin hyung and Taeyeon unnie." I greeted them once I opened the doors. 
"Annyonghaseo Gwiboon-ah! Why do you keep on calling me hyung!? It's getting annoying now." Taemin scolded. I just giggled and dropped my bag on the floor. 
"Um, Taemin hy-oppa, where is Taeyeon Unnie?" 
"I heard that Gwiboon," he glared at me. "And I think she is in the principle's office." 
"Why?" I was confused. Taeyeon never got into any trouble or whatnot. 
"Since you're a freshman here, you won't understand. But, we have prom and stuff , so~ Taeyeon volunteered to decorate and crap." He explained. I could only nod. 
 
   "Umm, hyung, when is prom?" He rose his eyebrows and squinted his eyes in concentration. 
"Uh, I don't know. They switch dates." I formed my lips into an "o". 
"So, how's your job going? Are you making enough money for your new house? Are your parents willing to let you go? I'm sure they'll cry!" Obviously, Taemin doesn't know.
"Hyung! You'll lose your breath!" I giggled. "And business is fine. My boss pays me very well. And my parents approved." I lied. I didn't want to lie to them, but I couldn't risk losing them. He hummed as a reply. I walked to the speakers and hooked my iPod into it. I cranked up the volume and started to dance. Taemin followed at the next beat. 
 
   An hour passed and the school filled up with students. We exited the dance studio and walked out into the hallways. Suddenly. I felt someone grab my hand. 
I shakily rose my head. Oh yeah. My 'boyfriend'. 
"So, how's practice?" His voiced laced with anger and it looks like he was about to rage. 
"I-it's f-fine." Crap. He hates it when I stutter. 
He pulled me out of the crowd and roughly pushed me into the bathroom. He hastily grabbed my neck and shoved me onto the walls. I could feel tears. 
I choked and grabbed onto the arm that was holding me trying to shove him off. 
His gripped loosened. "I better see one hundred dollars by tomorrow. Got it?"
I nodded my head violently, though that caused my neck more pain. 
He rushed out leaving me, slumped on the floor. Crying my eyes out. 
 
   I finally stood up, my legs still shaking. I walked up to the mirror and took a glance at my neck. It was bruised. His handprint was marked on my skin. I sighed shakily. People only love me for my body or money...
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Jonghyun's P.O.V
 
   I decided to get to the bathroom before class started. I drank a lot of lemonade this morning. My life's easy. As smooth as buttermilk, you could say. I'm rich and handsome. What could I want more? My parents spoil me and I have every girl at my feet. 
 
   I rushed to the restrooms and entered the closest one. 
But, some dude decided to exit and knock me over. I stood up took a long glance at him. His hands were formed fists and he seemed angry. 
I was curious, I'm always curious. So I decided to follow him. I know, awesome idea right? Following a guy that looked dangerous, what could possibly happen? 
 
   I slinked through the hallways, carefully hiding behind other students when he looked back. He met up with this weird looking guy...
 
   "Did you get that one hundred dollars?" He asked. 
There were three of them, excluding the guy I followed. The tallest looked like 'The Leader' and the other one was shorter than me! -gasp-. And there was the one guy with the blue shirt on. 
"I'm sorry, Joon, but I didn't get it. She... forgot." He replied. 
Joon's fists crunched up making his knuckles turn white. A hundred dollars? What!? 
"She what?!" He rose his voice, "Where is she right now?" He questioned. Eyes flaming with rage. "In the restroom sir. I just 'worked out the problem' with her." He replied.
"I'll meet her." He then ran off. 
 
   I couldn't believe what I just witnessed. So, a girl is about to get beat up, because her boyfriend wanted a hundred dollars, but she didn't give it to him? What type of logic is that!? 
 
-Riiiinnnnng- 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Gwiboon's P.O.V
 
I couldn't get up. My legs were shaking and my head hurt. 
I slumped back onto the floor, wheezing and catching my breath. My lungs were burning. The feeling of flames eating up my life. 
 
   I whimpered as I felt a wave of pain on my wrists. 
I looked up and I spotted Joon, pinning me onto the walls. 
 
   "So... you didn't get the hundred dollars?" He paused for a bit before continuing. "Well, looks like you're in for a lot of pain." He let out a low chuckle before grabbing my throat and lifting me against the wall. "Please d-don't." I wheezed. He just tightened his grip. 
I started seeing black spots. My vision blurred. 
 
   He loosened his grasp and threw my into another platform. All I knew was it cracked and I could feel something seeping through my skin. I glanced down. Glass. Glass pieces everywhere.
It was seeping through my skin. Crimson red liquid pouring from the scars. 
Once again I was picked up. And once again, I got thrown across the room. My ribs hurt and I could still see black spots. 
"I hope you learned your lesson." Was all I heard before everything went black...