prompt #14

Dooseob prompts

Doojoon stumbled down the poorly lit pavement, at the moment everything seemed disoriented to him. It was somewhat past three am and here he was trying to get home but he had no clue where he was, Doojoon held onto the lamp post and tried to look around him for anything similar that would help him remember where he was at the moment.

he held onto the lamp post as if his life depended on it, there was no one around, it was cold all, and Doojoon was pretty sure that he had just been going around in circles for the past fifteen minutes since all the buildings looked the same. The brunette groaned out loud he didn’t like this at all he was tired, dizzy, cold, and now hungry.

“where am I, where did everyone go?” Doojoon garbled as he slowly sagged down onto the ground at this point he didn’t care anymore where he was he just wanted to sleep his current annoying headache away that was consistently jackhammering into the back of his head.

Just as he was prepared to sleep on the pavement he overheard something echoing in the distance. Even though doojoons vision was distorted his hearing was sharp.

“Is that a puppy?” Doojoon slurred.

 He slowly sat himself up trying to concentrate on where the sound was approaching from. The small yelps grew louder and before he knew it a small bundle of fur pounced onto him, the dogs’ paws pressed against his chest.

his eyes lit up, “puppy!” exclaimed Doojoon as he held the small dog up in the air before hugging it close to him in return the dog happily yapped and his face. At least he wasn’t alone, for the mean time he had this dog to keep him company and that was more than enough for him.

putting the dog down Doojoon watched as the dog excitedly chatter running around in front of him, Doojoon grinned before cooing how cute the dog was being that was when he had an idea.

“Wait, let’s take a picture together!”

The dog barked in return while Doojoon fumbled around looking for his phone, unlocking his phone the device vibrated deliberately alerting him of all the missed calls and messages that was waiting for him. Ignoring all of the notifications it took him a while to find the camera app since his phone constantly bombarded him with pop ups.

Doojoon laid down next to the dog as he took multiple shots he laughed loudly to himself the whole time while he looked at each photo he took.



“Yanggaeng!”

“Yanggaeng where are you?!”

Yoseob ran down the pavement frantically searching for his dog, he could only hope that the curious pup didn’t wonder off so far. His running came to halt as he looked left and right unsure with which way he should go until he distinctively heard a bark resonating through in the night air.

Yoseob knew very well that it was yanggaeng, he wasted no time storming down the right path. All while he inwardly scolded himself for forgetting to lock the doggy door before he slept. Yoseob had woken up around two to go toilet but as soon as he finished his business he had realised that something was off, as always his instincts were right, yanggaeng had run off to god knows where.

Loud laughter was becoming clearer to him as speeded down the path accompanied with loud barking, it was definitely yanggaeng.

“Yanggaeng! Don’t go running off like—”yoseob started, only to stop when he noticed a stranger lying on his side playing with his dog.

 He stood there watching a grown man on the floor play around with his dog, he wasn’t even sure if he should be wary of this possibly drunk stranger playing with his dog or not.

Yoseob anxiously cleared his throat, “excuse me but can I have my dog back please?”

the stranger jolted up clutching his dog against his chest, “god?! Is that you? Is this your dog? Dog god of…dogs? Or is it just god but what if god was a dog?” he questioned himself

yoseob blankly stared at the back of the strangers head he was right this guy was drunk especially with the way he slurred his words.

“um I’m over here and I’m not god or a dog god”

the stranger turned around to face him along with his dog in his arms, yanggaeng barked greeting yoseob leaping out of doojoons hold, the frantic dog began attacking its owner with kisses. Yoseob couldn't really stay mad at yanggaeng forever especially when he was being like this. He almost forgot about the stranger who was also there yoseob stood up with the small dog in his arms, only to be slightly taken back once he got a good look at the other.

Doojoon was sitting straight up watching him carefully.

“Is—is there something on my face or...” The look he was getting was really nerve wracking.

“Why are you awake? Kids like you should be at bed not outside at this time.”

Yoseob felt a vein pop.

This was the fifth time this week that someone had mistaken him for some kid, it was something that he had to constantly put up. It wasn't his choice that his genes passed upon him to have a face of a child even though he was currently in his twenties.

He felt yanggaeng shift around in his arms, “Thank you for looking after my dog I’ll be going home now” yoseob was already annoyed enough with yanggaeng running off and then some stranger calling him a kid plus it was probably four am right now, he shouldn't be dealing with this at all.


 


“Wait!”

Turning around he found the other guy on his knees with the saddest look on his face, he looked completely dejected like a young child that had just been told off.

“Can I just pet your dog for a little while longer, please I’ll give you McDonald Coupons?”

“I—I’m really sorry, I should really be getting back ho—“ yoseob was cut off midway as Doojoon had now latched himself onto his leg begging yoseob with large watery eyes (it was starting to put him off honestly)

“Okay just ten minutes more, so please stop giving me that look” Doojoon let go sitting himself on the floor patiently before yanggaeng made his way towards him. Yoseob stood there again watching Doojoon play around with his dog.

Sighing out loud he had no choice but to babysit a drunk stranger who was playing with his dog at four am, this wasn't how yoseob wanted to spend his night at all by far. However he couldn't lie for the fact that the stranger was handsome despite reeking of alcohol.

“Excuse me but how did you end up here? Don’t you have someone with you?”

Yanggaeng lied on his back whilst Doojoon rubbed his belly “I was at this place with junghong? No I think his name was joonhyun or something like that and it was really loud and stuffy so I went outside then everything started to look the same and that's how I found this cool dog”

Yoseob slowly nodded his head, he had a vague idea of how he got here at least.

“I just remembered!—“the shorter of the two jumped at doojoons booming voice “—my friend junghyun he also has a dog it's an eng-leesh bulldog! I’ll also tell you a secret.” He motioned yoseob to come closer.

When he was close enough Doojoon whispered, “The dog knows how to speak English”

He was lost for words he really had no idea if this was a joke or not because Doojoon looked really serious at the moment.

“Because I told you a secret you now have to pinkie promise me”, Doojoon held out his pinkie finger waiting for yoseob to do the same.

You can't be serious is he five? But looking at the others face yoseob couldn't get over how ridiculous this was. After finally pinkie promising Doojoon yoseob laughed he really couldn't take this stranger seriously at all.

“You’re cute when you laugh.”

Yoseob stopped laughing once he saw Doojoon genuinely smiling at him, yoseobs face flushed pink. Yanggaeng took this chance to nudge his head against yoseobs knee making him realise he hadn't asked for the strangers name.



 “I've just realised that I haven't—”Doojoon had cut him off by screeching loudly at his vibrating phone that fell out of his pocket.

“Is this a bomb?! What is this am I going to die oh my god” he wailed backing off quickly

“Ah, wait calm down it’s just your phone.” Yoseob calmly picked the phone up seeing a flood of notifications before a call came through from someone called junhyung, this was probably his friend that he was talking about.

“Um, hello?”

Doojoon where the—ah, you're not Doojoon who is this?”

“I'm yang yoseob and Doojoon is currently playing with my dog.” Doojoon had forgotten about the ‘bomb’ and was back to playing with yanggaeng

that disappearing off like that I swear when I get him—“ yoseob could literally hear the venom dripping out of junhyungs voice “I'm sorry about the trouble he caused you, could you please tell me where you are so I could pick him up.”

Yoseob glanced around to find the name of the street “we're on Meath road, just south west from West Ham Park.”

Junhyung was relieved, “thank you I’m on my way.” The call ended abruptly.

At least he knew the strangers name was Doojoon, he caught a glimpse of the time seeing it was now five forty seven. Thankfully I don't have any work today, yoseob almost dropped the phone as he tried to pocket it in his hoody for safe keeping until this junhyung guy arrives, once checked the phone making sure it was okay he found out that he accidentally opened up the camera roll.

The first photo he saw was Doojoon holding yanggaeng up to his face, peaking over he saw the other was still occupied with yanggaeng. I’ll just look at one more and that's it, he convinced himself but in the end yoseob ended up looking through all the photos that Doojoon took with his dog.

The last photo was Doojoon cheerfully grinning at the camera with yanggaeng his cheek, it was really adorable yoseob even caught himself mirroring doojoons grin without hesitating yoseob sent the picture to his own phone before he locked and pocketed doojoons phone away.

Sitting down he watched Doojoon practically baby yanggaeng and the dog was starting to getting annoyed as he got restless in the others grip as yoseob was about to tell Doojoon that the dog was getting annoyed he overheard footsteps rapidly heading towards them.


“Doojoon you bastard! Don't run off like that again or I’ll snap your neck.” Junhyung glared at Doojoon who wasn't fazed at all nor was he even paying attention to him.

“Not even listening to me tsk” junhyung then faced yoseob, he could tell that junhyung was completely exhausted from running here from who knows where by the strands of hair that was matted against his forehead.

“Thank you for looking after this idiot and I'm sorry on behalf for causing you trouble.” He bowed deeply.

“Its fine really, I'm just glad that he’ll be able to get home safely with you.”

Junhyung nodded walking over to where Doojoon was yanking him up by his arm, Doojoon stumbled a bit before junhyung held his waist making sure that he wouldn't fall over.

Joon hyung! It's you look at this cool dog” junhyung grunted under his breath “let's go home, because of you I'm all sweaty from running around like crazy”

Yoseob called yanggaeng over holding the dog in his arms “do you need help getting him home?”

“No it's fine thankfully we’re not too far from the apartment from here, thank you again and please get home safely.”

Junhyung tugged Doojoon along as they both slowly walked away.

“Ah wait!” yoseob took doojoons phone out of his pocket handing it to junhyung “it's his phone, he was panicking before thinking it was a bomb.” Junhyung took the phone with his free hand putting it away.

“Of course he would, thanks once again.”

Yoseob watched the two of them walk away when they were almost out of sight he overheard Doojoon yell.

“Bye doggy and cute kid!”

he was sure he even heard junhyung yell at Doojoon again for shouting near his ear. Yoseob smiled to himself letting the kid thing slip this time yanggaeng had fallen asleep in his arms and he felt drained just looking at his dog sleeping peacefully.

He stifled a yawn while walking the opposite way back to his apartment hoping to get in bed before the sun could rise, yoseob smiled to himself at the image of Doojoon babying yanggaeng still lingering in his head.


 

 

It was hell. He felt like a complete mess.

Doojoon grumbled as he wiped off the crust that were stuck in the corner of his eyes, he slowly dragged his feet towards the bathroom washing himself up before he slumped himself over the kitchen counter. He was battling one hell of a headache and the only thing that was soothing his pain was the cold counter against the side of his face.

“Oi, sit up straight it's noon already.”

Doojoon reluctantly sat up seeing junhyung glare at him with his arms crossed, if he had an apron on he would've looked like an angry mom.

“Junhyung—“his voice was heavy and rough “what in the hell happened yesterday?”

“Long story short, you got completely wasted, disappeared to God knows where and I found you on the floor playing with some stranger’s dog.” Junhyung opened the fridge searching for something to eat.

“You better be thankful that the stranger was nice enough to tolerant your drunk , if he wasn't there you would've ended up dead in a ditch.”

“Thanks for the concern junhyung.”

“Anytime.” Junhyung reheated his food in the microwave before he disappeared back to his room.

Doojoon sat by the counter trying to wonder what the stranger looked like, he remembered his voice and the dog it was just his face missing to complete the puzzle, the beeping of the microwave interrupted him.

Dongwoon came in getting a glass from the cupboard, “hyung your food is finished!” junhyung yelled back saying he’ll be there as the maknae poured himself water in his glass.

“How are you feeling hyung?”

“Like .”

Dongwoon laughed as he got another glass of water and pain killers putting them in front of Doojoon, Doojoon thanked the other as he waved it off going over to the sofa. He reached over for the fruit bowl deciding to eat an orange since he wasn't bothered to move from his seat, while peeling the orange he felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket.

He unlocked his phone to reveal a message from an unknown number

 

From: xxxxxxx

Hey! I’m not sure if you remember me but I'm the guy whose dog you kept playing with, just wanted to make sure that you're still alive.

Oh! I never got the chance to tell you but my name is yoseob :)

 

The rusty gears in doojoons head started working, he remembered now. He remembered from latching onto yoseobs leg to him taking photos of himself on the floor with the dog. He immediately felt extremely embarrassed as every scene came into his head, he just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

 

To: Yoseob

I'm so sorry about last night I was really drunk and everything was blur at that moment so I’m sorry again if I ended up saying or doing anything inappropriate ㅠ ㅡ ㅠ );;

Also how did you get my number? Did you ask junhyung for it or something?

 

To: Doojoon

I hope you don't mind, I added your number to my phone just in case anything major happened to you while you were drunk. I’ll delete your number soon, I just wanted to be sure that you got home safe since your friend seemed really annoyed and kind of scary.

 

It was partly true but yoseob didn't want to confess that he sent the photo from doojoons phone to his.

 

To: Yoseob

Wait!! Don't delete my number I at least want treat you as thanks for looking after me while I was drunk.

 

Doojoon watched his phone for a few minutes waiting for yoseobs reply as he heard junhyung take his food from the microwave sitting himself next to dongwoon on the sofa mumbling about something in the background

 

To: Doojoon

Sure I'm up for free food! ㅎ ㅂ ㅎ )//
Just as long as you don't get drunk again please

 

Doojoon laughed after reading the text the duo ended up texting each other the whole day getting to know each other better, Doojoon was glad that he’ll be able to see the yoseob again.

 


this was inspired by a boat party that I went on lastweek friday where I got a bit tipsy and ended up sleeping over at a close friends house hahaa
so drink responsibly and be safe!! ヾ( ・`⌓´・)ノ゙

also b2st is back and i'm in love with all the tracks and everything im jsut so asdfghjhgtfrdsdf (●´□`)♡ though I was bit concerned about junhyungs hair i was just ?????

I'll edit this later on since it's 4am and i need to sleep LOOOOL