Tiny Sign

Tiny Sign

 

 

Warning: language


Tiny Sign

 

“Doojoon said we have a meeting. Dining Table. Now,” Dongwoon announced as he lolled his head between the doorways of the bedroom, disturbing Yoseob who was busy with his Clash of Clans game on the bed. Yoseob just hummed lazily in respond, eyes still focused on the war game on his phone until one thing clicked in his head.

“What?” Yoseob half shouted while throwing his game away. Dongwoon did not answer him because he was disappearing already, leaving Yoseob with a big question on his head. Since when Beast member held a meeting? Doojoon held a meeting? For what? Oh my god. He then ran away to the dining table, just in case something bad happened. ‘Group disbands’ that was what Yoseob have in mind. Yoseob’s eyes wide and lost once he arrived at the dining table, disliking the serious vibe radiating from the usually playful Doojoon.

“Doojoon, what happened?” He said while looking around like a lost kid, Junhyung and Kikwang weren’t there, oh my god, what actually happening. Accident?

“Sit Yoseob Yang,” Doojoon said calmly, hands intertwined in front of his own face with his elbows on the table, Yoseob couldn’t read what was behind his gaze. On his side was Hyunseung and Dongwoon, they saved a middle spot for Yoseob to sit and Yoseob plopped down there with worry all over his face.

“So..yeah. We start the meeting,” Doojoon said seriously and he gave a dirty look to Hyunseung who just said, “You’re such a pabo.”

“First of all, before I announced it, I want you all to not make a fuss about it. And don’t look so obvious after knowing this info. Okay?”

Everyone nodded his head and Doojoon nodded in acknowledgement too.

“Junhyung..and Kikwang. They are dating.”

Doojoon welcomed the wide surprised eyes around him with Yoseob and Dongwoon shouted the ‘what?!’ together. In the very edge, Hyunseung just nodded his head calmly like he just heard an old uninteresting info.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Ever since that announcement day, Yoseob became one of those Junkwang shipper. He would look closely whenever Kikwang and Junhyung found together, trying to find Junkwang moment and finding the evidences of the relationship they shared. Though, it was not that Yoseob became one of Junkwang couple’s fans. It’s because Doojoon was a huge troll. He couldn’t just believe anything that came out from the leader’s mouth. He was trolled badly million times by the uncharismatic leader and he wouldn’t fall easily for that now. He needed proof to believe.

So now, Yoseob’s journey to be a shipper began. He started to look closely when Kikwang and Junhyung found together. Though to his disappointment, they rarely found together and he started to doubt if they really in relationship or not (he planned to kick Doojoon’s already). The couple itself was already a rare ship in the fandom. Even Yoseob would believe it more if Kikwang was rumored to be in relationship with Dongwoon instead of with Junhyung.

Just like in this Beautiful concert, Kikwang was instead of finding a moment with his-suppose-to-be-boyfriend: Junhyung, he kept being seen close to Dongwoon and even doing fanservice with him. And to look closely, there was no sign of jealousy came from Junhyung at all. They also just acted normally in the backstage, joking about dance and just talk like usual, same old thing like those moment of debut years ago. Though, when Yoseob took another look, there was some moment on stage when their eyes met and they smiled to each other. Also the time when Junhyung needed to turn his head away to grin ear to ear as he held hand with Kikwang. Yoseob almost screamed his heart out because of it. But then to think about, it could be a delusional moment too. Because Kikwang also smiled to him and Doojoon and Hyunseung and he even hugged Dongwoon.

 

 

Yoseob didn’t expect his shipping radar suddenly ringing this morning. He was brushing his teeth on the sink when suddenly Junhyung and Kikwang came inside together, greeting him a small good morning with sleepy look on their faces. Kikwang stood beside Yoseob while rubbing his sleepy eyes, telling Yoseob about how amazing he was because he didn’t wake up last when suddenly Junhyung nudged him for attention. Yoseob witnessing from the mirror, Junhyung gave him his toothbrush complete with the toothpaste on it and Kikwang gave him a smile while bowing his head in a polite manner, whispering a thank you for him which made Junhyung chuckle. Yoseob was kind of satisfied with it and smiled so obviously at this. He was glad his mouth was foamy or else he would be caught red handed for shipping because that creepy smile on his lips.

 

 

Yoseob finally knew the feel of how ‘his ship sailing’. It happened on the airport. They were heading to Japan for the next concert and Yoseob was walking side by side with Kikwang when suddenly Junhyung was in front of them and knelt down in front of Kikwang. It was like Junhyung going to propose Kikwang. Yoseob wanted to squeal even though Junhyung ended up not proposing. Junhyung came down to his knee to tie Kikwang’s shoelaces but that was already a strong evidence for him. If it was Yoseob with untied shoelaces, Junhyung would only tell him about it, he wouldn’t go as far as kneeling for him to tie his shoelaces.

 

At first, Yoseob wouldn’t admit that he was shipping Junkwang but now he thought he had fallen deep to the shipping as he shared the ‘shoelaces moment’ to Dongwoon. Dongwoon was also excited about it and told the smaller hyung that he saw that moment too and they actually fanboying over it together. They both shipped the couple and Dongwoon looked at Yoseob excitedly before telling him in whisper, “Doojoon said… Hyunseung know more about them,” and that moment their eyes sparkling like they saw a snow for the first time.

So that night, they didn’t sleep in their own hotel room. They both huddled in Hyunseung’s room to hear the story about the couple. Doojoon was right again (was he really give up on trolling?), Hyunseung turned out know a lot about the couple and Yoseob almost sulk because he actually didn’t know even a bit about them at all.

Hyunseung told them a story of that day when Junhyung and Hara was a couple, but then they suddenly broke up. Turn out, the reason for their break up was because of Kikwang. Hyunseung was a living proof of that because he witnessed everything. So, that certain night, Hyunseung was on Junhyung and Kikwang’s shared room to talk about the new concept of the album when suddenly Kikwang pushed the door open with unreadable expression on his face. They stared at each other for a few moments until Kikwang break the silence with a timid confession that he actually liked Junhyung a lot. But then he started to cry because everyone knew already that Junhyung was in relationship with Hara.

“The next moment, Kikwang was running away so fast,” Hyunseung explained as he sipped his Japanese tea, “I chase him until the park.” Yoseob and Dongwoon was so focused on the story, they didn’t even move and just clutched to the blanket as they listen to the intent story. “I hugged him to make him calm, he was crying so much but then not long after..Junhyung came running to the park, panting and staring at Kikwang like that scene in the drama, you know that?”

Dongwoon and Yoseob nodded with much excitement, already recreating the scene on their own mind. “Then Junhyung hyung confessed that he liked him back too?” Dongwoon guessed and Yoseob already nodding because he actually thought the same but Hyunseung shook his head as an answer, making them frown.

“He didn’t confess?”

Hyunseung shook his head one more time, “I don’t know. I leave the park after Junhyung arrived.”

And then there’s many pillow thrown to Hyunseung. Next to him, Yoseob and Dongwoon were dying. Out of curiosity.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Yoseob still remembered this one particular day when he was heading to the singing practice room and he decided to peek to the music studio. There he saw Junhyung and Kikwang together. He wished he would saw a kissing scene or something but he saw a really regular scene instead. Kikwang on the couch, scribbling something to his lyrics notes; and Junhyung was far far away from him in the keyboard, finding a tune and experimenting with music.

Yoseob just sighed as he walked away from there, he was craving for something real from both of them but it’s just so difficult to find. After he done with his vocal lesson, he decided to experiment with his luck and tried to peek to the music room once again and there. There finally the scene he had wished for happened. He saw Junhyung put a blanket over a sleeping Kikwang and then he back away so slowly but ended up crouching down in front of the sleeping male. Junhyung then just stayed there, crouching down on the floor with a smile on his face as he watched the sleeping face of his angel. Yoseob really felt this urge to bang his head to the door and screamed loudly but of course he ended up just staying silent to be able to watch the scene longer.

 

 

That heartwarming memory was still so fresh on his mind until two weeks later it’s suddenly just over. There’s a loud bang of a slammed door and suddenly Kikwang appeared on Yoseob’s doorway, carrying a blanket and a pillow. He entered the room and take over Doojoon’s bed. He explained briefly that they are switching room. When Yoseob asked about the reason, the later just shook his head and his eyes turned so glassy like he was about to cry in any moment. Yoseob didn’t have a heart to dig more and just rubbed Kikwang on his back as he led him to sleep.

Since that day, Junhyung wasn’t stay around the dorm so much. He was always disappearing early in the morning, staying in the music studio and would get home so so late around 3 am. He would sleep for two hours in the dorm and ran away to the studio again. That happened for whole week.

Kikwang was not any better, he kept staying in the room (even eating inside the room that suppose to be Doojoon’s). After finishing his schedule, he was going straight to his room again. Yoseob once the TV and saw Kikwang MCing on Win Win. He used to be the youth energy of the show, but now he was caught zoning out and looking so lost in that show. Yoseob also noticed that fake smile plastered on his lips and that made Yoseob turned off the TV immediately.

The problem was getting a bit dangerous that it actually affected both of them greatly. Junhyung with big dark circle around his eyes and Kikwang with zero concentration when doing his schedule. It maybe would affect Beast as whole too. Actually Beast hadn’t had any song finished because of it. Because Junhyung despite his long hour on the studio, hadn’t even got any word done on his lyrics. It’s been almost a year since their last album Fiction and Fact had released and the company started to urge them for comeback but the member’s mood seemed to go down because their internal fight.

Doojoon couldn’t stand this and then one day he decided to approach one of them. He came to Yoseob’s room to see Kikwang and told the smaller man to just go apologize already. Yoseob was so surprise at this, never thought he would scold like that, it was the first time it ever happened.

Kikwang just staring at Doojoon with wide eyes wordlessly and his eyes slowly turned watery. “I did..I apologize already,” he said with shaky voice and his voice cracked at the end and there Kikwang finally crying after been holding it for so long. Despite how strong he looked and how his eyes turning fierce with the eyeliner on stage, no one could just leave when Kikwang with his childlike look crying in front of you, not even Doojoon. Yoseob knew he probably feeling so guilty for bringing it up, he was scolding the wrong person after all. Doojoon was hugging Kikwang now and Kikwang crying to him while keep mumbling that Junhyung wouldn’t forgive him.

Yoseob just witnessed that scene cluelessly, didn’t dare to ask any further. Though, Yoseob took a big role that night for making Kikwang stopped crying and laughed again (thanks to Doojoon smelly feet and his great choice of words for criticizing it).

 

Seeing all of it, Yoseob suddenly thought about group disband again, just in case they would have a bad relationship forever, one of them have a high chance to leave, or maybe both, or just because they got stuck and the group vibe would be bad. Yoseob couldn’t do anything and felt so helpless, he was thinking about talking seriously to Junhyung later.

 Few days later though, Yoseob found Dongwoon and Junhyung in the living room. They were playing video games together. Yoseob was sneaking silently to the kitchen and overheard how the maknae literally lecturing Junhyung about this whole problem, like a parents scolding his son. He was lecturing him about stubbornness and ego while his hands busy pressing the game controller. That made Yoseob cancelled all of his plan to have serious talk with Junhyung, Dongwoon did good already.

 

Turn out, the lecturing from the maknae really did work because that exact day after they both talk while playing game, Junhyung finally made up his mind. He came to Yoseob and Kikwang’s room at night. Yoseob stared at him with wide curious eyes and Junhyung gave him an apologetic smile, Kikwang was on his bed (Doojoon’s bed) oblivious with everything because he was already asleep. “Seobie, can I sleep here? You can take my bed.”

 

~~~***~~~

 

“Probably now they made up..and kissing! And they will cuddling each other until morning..wwaaah,” Yoseob was laying on his stomach, squealing and be noisy to Doojoon because his shipping pairing was surely gonna stay forever.

Doojoon just rolled his eyes, “Or they probably will have a big fight and ending their relationship forever. Officially break up.”

Yoseob let out a small gasp, never once that thing crossed his mind and that sent him to panic and he threw his pillow to Doojoon’s head, “That’s not going to happened, you smelly feet!!”

“Yaah! It’s not smelly now!” the pillow was back to his head.

“They will make up and have right now!”

“Oh my god! You’re not an innocent child anymore!”

 

~~~***~~~

 

The next morning, Yoseob was awake because a good tempting smell from the kitchen and he approached the kitchen immediately. Kikwang and Hyunseung were cooking together and Yoseob’s shoulders dropped when he saw Kikwang with teary eyes, he was crying. What if Doojoon was right that they already break up officially? Yoseob’s world was like crashing down in front of him. He gave a glare when the moment later he saw Junhyung came out from the room. Junhyung approached Kikwang and he laughed at the shorter male for crying. Kikwang ignored him for a while but a moment later he couldn’t help himself from laughing too. Junhyung took some tissue and wiped Kikwang’s eyes caringly. Just there Yoseob noticed that Kikwang was crying because he was cutting the onions.

They made up.

They freaking made up!

Yoseob ran back to the bedroom and almost strangled the sleeping Doojoon because he hugged the leader too tightly out of happiness.

 

~~~***~~~

 

After that, suddenly their concept of the mini album was finished; the album title is ‘Midnight Sun’. And they were recording for the song right now. Yoseob was in the corner of the room, practicing the line with Doojoon.

“Doojoonie, why is it Midnight sun? There’s no sun in midnight.”

“You should ask Junhyung for it.”

“Junhyung haven’t told you? But you’re leader.”

Doojoon sighed and looked at Yoseob with his leader look, “You know that Junkwang fight day? They made up, right? The time they had made up is.. midnight.”

“Oooohhh myy..Okay okay, that explain the ‘Midnight’. Now the ‘Sun’?” Yoseob was grinning ear to ear now and his voice cracked due to excitement. Not expecting that this all album was based on Junkwang’s love story.

Doojoon sighed once again and looked around before leaning to Yoseob seriously, “You know, when you have a so-damn-good , you started to see sun..even at midnight,” he whispered and Yoseob stared at him with sparkling happy eyes, proud that his ship was sailing with glory.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Yoseob never knew what’s the problem of the couple fight was until the recording of the first song started. They recorded this song titled ‘The Day You Rest’ and Kikwang was so pouting about it and gave Junhyung a betrayed look because Junhyung had purposely gave him a good sarcastic line to sing.

Wait, can’t you just stay home?

Can’t you just wait one day?

Oh baby, why don’t you know my heart?

Yoseob also noticed how Kikwang was hiding when Junhyung recorded his rap. Junhyung kept looking at Kikwang as he recorded his rap and Kikwang was overwhelmed for it because he ended up hiding himself behind Yoseob’s shoulder. And Junhyung’s line somehow was just so fit—

Today is the day you rest

My mind keeps going to you as if I have a child near water

Because anyone can see you’re so beautiful

What if someone starts talking to you?

Do you know that I’m feeling like this?

Or are you doing it on purpose?

I wish I could carry you around in my pocket like a cell phone everywhere I go.

 

Kikwang nudged Junhyung later after he finished recording the rap, Yoseob could hear clearly what he told Junhyung, “I won’t go out without telling you again. I promise.” Junhyung just patted his head and gave him a knowing look.

 

After all the things he witnessed, Yoseob finally admitted wholeheartedly that Doojoon indeed wasn’t a troll or at least stopped to troll him. He would now admit that Doojoon was indeed a reliable leader. It was a real fact that Junhyung and Kikwang was a true couple and everyone who looked closely would know it by looking at the tiny sign.

 

 

 

And Yoseob still oblivious at the fact that Doojoon trolled him about the real meaning of ‘Midnight Sun’.

 

-End-

 

Doo: why you stare at them like that?

Seob: a..aahh is it so obvious?

Doo : pabo

(silence)

Doo: are you want us to officially announced it too?

Seob: what?! We are not even in a relationship!

Doo: If you accepted me, it will be a relationship. I like you, Yang Yoseob.

 

 


A/N: Someone should help me with grammar heeelp orz